Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hello everyone!

I have done fantastic today with eating (if I do say so myself).

I am going to post what I eat to make myself accountable....so if I do not post it, someone ask me! lol

2 cups of coffee with sf Creamer

B-slimfast (not really a big Breakfast eater)

Snacked on sunflower seeds

L-wc oatmeal (I like breakfast at lunchtime)

D-pulled pork (about 4-6 ounces) and 2 graham crackers

and Pamela-I did get the sf hazelnut and you are right...it is good!

Have a great eveing everyone!

Hi my friends~~

I am home now, and recovering--what an ordeal!

I did have a mild prolapse, but I had not slipped the band--the band was actually in an excellent position he said. Where they put in a couple of sutures in the lower stomach to hold it in place after bringing it up over the band---I had lost enough weight inside as well as out to make it loose.

The biggest issue I had, and what caused the most concern was a kink in the large intestine. He said he really believes the kink caused the vomitting so seriously that I pretty much tried to throw my lower stomach up through the band.

He said the band was in great shape, no signs of erosion or anything, he just tightened it back down. But getting the kink out of the intestines was I guess quite a job since I was totally empty.

But the swallow test showed it was passing albeit slowly---so I had to wait to see if the swelling would close me off or if it might kink again---but it looked ok, still passing slowly, but they let me come home today.

Was a great group of people at the hospital, they treated Rick and I wonderfully.

I see my PCP Monday, and he would like to see me back in Colorado in 2 weeks, but he knows the drive is not an easy one.

I have 5 new incisions on my fresh new flat belly~~ 2 for suturing the stomach back in place, and 3 for manipulation of the intestine. I am on Clear Liquids for several days, then on to full liquids----nothing difficult to digest for up to the 2 weeks he said. I am not hungry, so it is not an issue.

They filled me so full of IV fluids---I actually gained weight!

Other than that, I look a bit like a junkie, my arms are nothing but masses of bruises. I eventually ended up with an IV in my neck, and at one time had one in my foot!

Thank you Judy for spreading the word for me....you all have no idea how comforting I found it knowing you were all out there pulling for me and praying for me!

He left my band for 2 reasons, he said it was very healthy, and he wanted that decision made with a clear head, and also there was no way to know if the intestine might "leak" following the manipulation, so he did not want an open area for possible infection. He said there is not a bit of Fluid left in my band and it is extremely loose, so I can see how it goes and decide how I want to proceed from here.

I just assumed it would be automatically removed, and he said if there had been so much as a small ulcer from it, he would have pulled it, but he said it is very healthy, and that there is little to no fat on my stomach or on my liver.

When I woke up from surgery I was quite glad to find I still had it!

Laura I am glad you are feeling a bit better---I know you must have been in lots of pain, and feeling like you were between a rock and a hard place.....no meds for the bebe!! Glad it is easing.

I would love to touch base with all of you, I thank you so much for your concern---but my energy is gone.....so I am going back to my recliner, I just wanted to check in with you all, and assure you I am OK!!! And tell you all thank you and I love you bunches!

Kat

OK...so I am laying in bed, minding my own business, reviewing how well I had done as far as eating for the day..trying to ignore the fact that I have the munchies and I get this text..TracyinKS had this overpowering need to show me her dessert (ice cream of course) :thumbup: The other pic is of the 3 violets at their dinner eating caniloni...They sound like they are having a great time!! I am envious.

post-220113-13813137611561_thumb.jpg

post-220113-13813137611763_thumb.jpg

Good evening, Violets..

Kat... sooooooooooooooooo good to see you posting again. Take it easy and take care of yourself. You've been through a LOT the last few days and weeks.

TracyK... I got the pics too. Where are the food police when you need them???? Looks like they are having a ball. I too am jealous!!

Laura.. how are you feeling today???

Well, we had 13 at our support group meeting this morning. What a great bunch of people. Some not banded yet, some recently and some banded a couple of years ago. All with stories to tell and joys and set backs to share. I'm so glad I started this group. It's really helpful to talk to people in person who are going through the same things we are.

I didn't get in the pool today.. just not enough time to heat the thing up. It's only going to be 58 tomorrow so I think my pool time is done. Glad you could get in one last time, Susie!!

Time for me to head to bed. Church in the morning and then headed out of town to visit a new church start in the evening. Monday we go down 4 hours for our fill. I'm counting that as my "restart" day.

TracyK.. congrats for being good today on the eating. You've already "restarted" before me. We'll do this thing!!:thumbup:

Everyone have a good evening.. sleep well..

How did the wedding go, Rev. Roomie??????

Hello, Loved my visit with Tracy and Suzie!!!!!!!

Pam, the picture of the three of us eating cannolis is with my camera phone. Takes pretty good pictutes huh?!?

It really wasn't a bad drive. It only took a little over 4 hours. I might have to do this another time.

I am here for another few days and I will do shopping and touristy stuff, plus see my cousin and her husband. I am just so glad to be off work for an extra day!!!!!

I hope Suzanne and Tracy both arrive home safely!!

Glad to have you back Kat!

Yes, I ordered Tastefully Simple, they're kind of like Avon... you have to go through a rep..so I order on their main website and they auto-assign a rep that is in my city. Or you can be a seller, but I'm not interested!

Thank you Jane for the card, I get all giddy when I get a card in the mail :embaressed_smile:)

Today I only did muscle relaxers, and the bad pain came back :cursing:

So I took a pain med a couple hours ago, and back to medium pain. I can't imagine what is going on!!! I so wish they could have done the steroid injection.

My stomach is getting harder, and my pants aren't fitting well. I am 216lb, and I got these pants when I was like 230lb.. yet, now they are hard to pull on.. arghablfwe..I don't know what I'll do for maternity pants, the only place I can buy extended inseam is that website I've shopped at since I was about 15..and they don't carry maternity!I looked online and all I find are old lady looking straight leg pants.. I want my flared jeans with maternity stuff in em..and at least 35" inseam..

I watched a couple movies today, Chaos Theory with Ryan Reynolds (he is so sexy)..was alright...and Girl Next Door, suppose to be a horror movie/true story..was more weird/sad..girl died from having her clitoris burned off with a blow torch by her crazy aunt.

I finished The Glass Castle last night, I really enjoyed that book! I am reading Just Breath next.. another memoire.

Off to bed now, night night V's

Oh and you girls look like you're having fun, but what's with being NAUGHTY!! Peer pressure? You're suppose to be GYAIG together :embaressed_smile:

:biggrin:Hey Ladies...

I emailed you all a link w/ the pix. The wedding was great, the day was beautiful. I dropped my camera in the ocean...but saved the chip, lol! The cam is a gonner.

I was texting TracyK on the way home. The beach is 2hours from Palm Springs. Thanks Tracy for the chat :embaressed_smile:

We are bushed...but had a great time! I looked like a big fat black blob in the pix, but the girls lliked it!

peaceout

Good Morning, Violets!!!

54 degrees here and supposed to get way up to 58 today! Needless to say I have my turtleneck out to go with my jumper I'm wearing today.

I'm trying to choke down some turkey sausage this morning. One of the support group yesterday said they had really good success with the Michael Thurman 6 day makeover. So I'm going to try eating 6 meals a day instead of three and constantly grazing. Today is day one. I broke down and weighed today and it ain't pretty. I'm still in the 170's but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy closer to 180, than 160. I'll replace my ticker after the official weighin tomorrow at the docs.

Pam.. the pics were great. They look sooooooo happy. What a beautiful setting for the wedding. Do you do baptisms too?? hint, hint... :embaressed_smile:

Guess I better get going and get the rest of the turkey down and get dressed. Everyone have a great day!

Susie... got the gas bill for the heater for the pool. It only was $60 more than normal so I'm pleased!! The Bobster was expecting it to be about $200-300 more!!

Kat - Wow, what an ordeal but with the BEST possible result you could have hoped for!! Hey, is your insurance gonna cover all that or how is that going to work? Just curious how that kind of thing works. Not being "nosey"....really! LOL

Pammy, you looked beautiful as usual!!! I think you just have no idea how beautiful you really are... A skewed perception like most of us suffer from in one way or another. You have so much going for you in all other areas, too...you are very blessed!!

Tracy, Jane and Suzanne - So glad you all got together!! Jane - enjoy your time off!

Nothing much going on with me. I've been making jewelry but having problems DELUXE getting my pics downloaded to my computer!! Some kind of software issue that is driving me MAD. I've got emails out to Canon and Apple and so far nobody has come up with a fix I haven't already tried. I'm not able to get pics up on my Etsy store.....very frustrating. I have been dreaming about beads and designs in my sleep! Ok, now I know I've got problems!!

I guess Haydee is still without power :embaressed_smile: They've got 50% of the customers back up and 50% (1 million) to go. The weather is getting hotter and stickier very rapidly. Not good. Those pics Kat sent were so sad.....especially the ones of Crystal Beach. I spent many, many fun days there and is always where we go to rent a beach house.

Good morning violets~

scale went down another pound this morning so I am well on my way!

The pics that kat sent really hit me hard. Crystal beach is where I practically grew up. We had a beach house there and when dad passed away we sold it. It was not the same without him there. I'll bet it is gone now. Gives me a hollow feeling. Then there was another pic of a boat on top of a car at an apartment complex...I lived in those apartments a few years ago when dh and I first got together. Amazing what nature can do.

I am gonna go look at the pics Pam sent....bbl!

Good Morning Girls.

Kat, Kat, Kat. We were so relieved to have heard from you last night. We knew you were doing good but to just hear from you was what we needed. I'm still keeping you in my prayers and hoping you recover very fast.

Laura, What are we gonna do with you? It sucks that you are going thru this ordeal. You should still be on cloud nine and enjoying the changes you and your body will be going thru. Take good care of yourself.

Everyone, I'm not sure about Tracy and Jane but I had a wonderful time last night. You don't need to worry, even though it was an all-you-can-eat italian restaurant, we didn't eat all that we could. It just looked like it. We sampled everything and enjoyed it. At one point I thought Jane was trying to pick up on our waiter, just my imagination or hopeful thinking. There were quite a few construction workers staying at the hotel????? I'm hoping that this is just the beginning of us getting together more often. I guess I need to start getting my butt up to Leavenworth more often. Maybe a couple of trips to St Louis would do me some good.

I'll post the pics when I get my sis to download them.

Speaking of pics, Pam those were great. Such a cute couple. Loks like everyone had a great time. P.S. Susanne looked really good, sunshine does her well.

I'm gonna have a lazy day today. Althought there are a few laundry things I want to do. Thinking about washing pillows and hanging outside to dry. Other than that, just taking it easy.

Everyone have a great day. Hugs

TracyinKS, I went to Malley's website and signed up for the "Walk for Obesity". Now I just need to make sure that I get that day off work. I also went to his chatroom and put in a plea for everyone to sign-up. I hope we get a good showing for this.