Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Laura, love pumpkin bread!!! I saw where you said order, do you buy it via internet?

Hi Gina!!

Off for a fun day of work? Then a bit of a drive, then to see old friends!!

Have a good day!!!!!

Evening, Violets..

Well, another concert done. We got a standing ovation so we must have done something right!! I had a couple of NSV's and then a real downer. Several people told me how nice I looked tonight.. actually heard the word pretty! :eek:

BUT.. two of the girls forgot to bring white tee shirts to wear under the black tops so I told Bob to bring two of mine. One was a medium and one was a 2X from my former life. Well, the lady who wore the 2X one thanked me for bringing the shirt to her and said it was a good thing we were about the same size so it would fit her. arghhhhhhhhhhhhh I haven't worn a 2X in a long time! In those particular tees I wear a medium!!! OH well, can't have all NSV's all the time!!

I'm off to go watch some TV with the Bobster and then head to bed. Everyone have a good night. sleep well. We got Kat feeling better... now we really need to work on Laura!!!

Judy you must be tired or something...I can't believe you took that comment to heart! LOL As a matter of fact, I can't believe you didn't straighten her out right there! "Uh, we aren't the same size....those are my OLD clothes!" Remember, there are people who have strange body perceptions and she may see herself as slim and petite like YOU! :thumbup:

Good Morning, Violets..

Laura.. I read Glass Castle long ago and still vividly remember it. What a great book, but wow.. what that lady went through!!!

Thanks for the compliments ladies.. I sure never have thought of myself as petite or small, but then again like you said, your self perception can be so different. I KNOW what this lady looks like and I KNOW what I look like now and it's a world of difference so I'll let it go. Don't want to burst her bubble.

I got an email from a friend after I sent her the pic of me and the yorkies. Her husband wants to know all about lapband now. You just never know when you'll be an example for someone.

Lapband support group is today and I got three calls yesterday about it so I'm expecting new people today. We have two who have their dates in early October.

Laura.. glad the pain is getting more manageble. Keeping you in my prayers and sending lots of purple pain releasing power your way.

Off to get some Breakfast and read the paper.

Everyone have a great day!!

Judy-there is a difference between burting someones bubble and giving her a reality check. She is probably seriously dilusional (sp?) or just trying to make herself feel better. But, I am a betting gal so I bet she really thinks she is not a big lady. That is sad. You look fantastic! You are my hero :thumbup:

I have been blogging lately to keep me from boring all of you guys. I just noticed I had been saying the same things over & over on this thread so I just figured I would spare you and put it in the blog. :eek: It has really been theraputic for me. If any of you are interested in my brain...go read it be be warned, I am a little off. (like you did not know that already) LOL I am going to put a ticker up because I want to track (and be accountable to all of you) the loss of the weight I have REgained. My goal is to be back to 179 then take it from there. So, this is what the ticker is reflecting. I am not putting my pre-surgery weight, only my post Ike weight and my goal of getting back down to 179. I wanna get back to my lowest of 173 but that was my flu weight...lol. I am shooting for anything in the 17s really. Undo the bullshit I have done. (excuse me Judy) I have lost 2.5 since Ike, so I am back on the journey. Pray for me please. My life is on the way back to evening out so I am GMABIG (back)

Love to all you girlies!

I think you and I are on the same wavelength, Tracy. I haven't had a ticker up in awhile and had just decided this morning, that after I get my fill, I will post the weight I was at the docs and go from there. I too have gained, I'm sure. After all the junk I ate this week (stress from the two concerts), I'm sure I've packed it on. I haven't even weighed myself and won't until I get the big surprise on the doctor's scale. But that's where I'll start from and post my goal. It's a new beginning and a new resolve. (how many times have I said THAT before??:thumbup:)

The Bobster is resolved to do this with me, so that helps. He knows he needs a fill too and that's half the battle. So onward and downward.

Off to my support group meeting! Will check back later..

I think we all have a common problem here...... we are BUYING junk food and keeping it in our house!!! Uh.......WHY???

Its not that I am buying junk food....

1 c. Peanut Butter

1 egg

1 c. sugar

mix, spoon into balls on pan and heat on 325 for 14 minutes. LMAO....

I am getting off my butt and MAKING the junk food....thats WORSE cause it is premeditated!

Pretty bad when you can figure out a way to make junk food out of what you already have in your house....blech!

Edited by TracyK

Hi all~

Quick post cause I just lost a huge post. Makes me so mad too...very reflective w/ personals.

CLICK ON THIS LINK!!

Untitled Document

Please watch this video. It is from a student in the Dallas school district. He was the keynote speaker at the teacher's Back to School! It is short...but powerful!

Enjoy!

Hi all~

Quick post cause I just lost a huge post. Makes me so mad too...very reflective w/ personals.

CLICK ON THIS LINK!!

Untitled Document

Please watch this video. It is from a student in the Dallas school district. He was the keynote speaker at the teacher's Back to School! It is short...but powerful!

Enjoy!

I LOVED that Video!!! Very moving and powererful!!!

Hello gals!

I am sitting here with wet hair slowly getting myself ready for meeting up with Suzie and Jane in about 4.5 hours! LOL

Robby and I went camping with my mom and step dad last night and Robby ended up staying out there with them... he had his bike, his gramma, and lots of kids to play with at the campground so I just left him. The IEP is something he's had since preschool, ever since the biting issue got him into the special education early childhood class (his school of the past two years)

I thought this meeting would just UP his para time from 40 minutes to all day, but I was in for a suprise when they announced they planned to remove him from his class and place him in the ITC room. (Intensive Teaching Room) he will be one of 6 students.. K-5, all different levels, both emotional and developmental. The upside is that all agreed he is very bright and should whiz right though the acedemics, and that being in the smaller ITC, the new teacher can help him learn how to control his tantrums and emotional outbursts. I do think the concept is good, but as a person who lazed around and still made the honor roll.... its hard for me to send my son to THAT class..... they all agree that he will most likely rejoin his regular class later this year. That as soon as he masters the techniques to get his emotions under control that he will be allowed to do so. Right now he will have morning recess, and then AFternoon center time and snack with his peers, and the rest of the day in the ITC class. His teacher will be giving her curiculumn to his new teacher so that he will be right along with the rest....... It just all hit me hard...... and when I tried to eat some chili it came right back up so I just said screw it...... and went to Wendys before going back to work......... then I was able to unwind out at the camground with my mom and a couple white russians.

I am not planning on being good tonight eating wise........ at this point I'm haveing a hard time eating right ANY time! (so sayeth the women who just popped popcorn and melted some real butter all over it! LOL) I'm hopeless......... maybe once I get all this settled I will be able to pull my head out of my ass. Maybe if Charles would shave his damn face and quit pissing me off everyday... ahhhh like I said.. I need some unwind time and thats what I'm doing right now.... I might head out and see if my girl is working to wax my brows....maybe I'll nap............ maybe I'll just complain a bit more! LOL

Robby starts his new class Monday.

Judy, Judy, Judy,,,,,,,, I got in the pool today. I came home from work and I was sitting there staring at it and just couldn't help myself anymore. I went and put my bathing suit on and got in. It was a little cool-84 degrees, b ut felt wonderful. I had about 15 minutes before my nephew showed up and I had to get out so they could take the steps out. That was so much fun.

Now I'm sitting here all showered and cleaned. Think I'll doze a little in the chair till it's time to head out. I'm so excited.

Everyone have a great evening and I'll post pics later.

Hugs.

Laura, love pumpkin bread!!! I saw where you said order, do you buy it via internet?

Hi Gina!!

Hi Janie:

tastefullysimple.com -- you can order from here.

It is like pampered chef; tupperware and such -- there are independent distributers - that talk people into having parties - inviting friends - sample the goods and take the orders! For having the party you get so much $$ in merchandise.

My girlfriend that went with me, and I are going to have one - it was delicious.

I also bought (when I was there)a new mix they just came out with - Gingerbread cake and frosting mix.:eek:

Laura - when I was little my mom made Beer bread all the time -- she used the Bisquick recipe. They had samples there of the beer bread - but it was not enough to be able to tell -:thumbup:- it was like 2 miniture crouton size.

Terri -- Peyton is such a joy - always happy and energetic! She is wearing 2T Training pants and a Onesie of course in pinks-- so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GR8