Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Evening, Violets..

Just got back from a meeting and was hoping to find out anything about Kat. She told me on the phone that she was going to have the band repaired. I said.. not removed?? She said, no they would repair it. One of our support group members had a prolapse and they removed his band and then replaced it after a healing process. I just hope they can get this thing taken care of for Kat. She sounded so tired when I talked to her.

Laura - I am so sorry you are not feeling good - Get feelling better soon!

Kat -- Please let us know how your are doing --

I have both of you in my prayers.

Gina

Ok... Bodybugg report! I clocked 4,706 steps in the Zumba class -- :biggrin: -- that's almost 1/2 a day's worth in 1 hour!! My cals burned per minute got up to 9.8!! + then they burn higher afterwards, too! I am AMAZED!!

C'mon girls -- like Judy says: GYAIG!! It's fun!!

I couldn't stand it anymore and called Rick. Kat is out of surgery, they repaired the band and she will be able to go home tomorrow. I told Rick to give Kat our love and that we were all praying and sending purple power her way.

I looked it up - just FYI:

Prolapse of the Stomach

Prolapse or slippage of the stomach underneath the band occurs in 1-2% of patients due to the use of the Pars Flaccida technique. This technique, in which the band is 'fixed' in place higher on the stomach and part of the stomach is sewn over the band drastically reduces the incidence of stomach prolapse.

I feel so bad for her. I can't imagine what it is like.

Hey V's~

I remember we talked about Zumba last year...maybe it was Denise who did it! Glad it was fun...wish I could find a class to "give it a whirl"!

I had a fill today!!! He put me up to 2.0...keeping my fingers crossed that this works well. I was 2.4 in Texas and ya'll remember how that worked for me. I went from 1.6 to 2.0, so hopefully these smaller steps will work better then the big giant step I took before. Also, I had an unfill @ 1.8 too. I need to really baby the band this time. I made some Soup for dinner!!!

We are leaving in a few for a bike ride. I can only go about 1.5 miles...but I am working towards getting the ol' VJJ in biking shape!

Laura...you didn't check in today (unless I am crazy) Hoping all is okay!

Kat...We are all here waiting to hear!

Judy~ thanks for texting everyone!

OK...bbl

Oh yeah...I LOVE THE END OF BB!!! Can't wait for the next one!

I miss Haydee :biggrin:

Hope Kat mends quickly.

Thinking of Terry

Praying Laura is doing OK

Thank you Judy

Good to hear from you Gina

Macy is sick. She has a really sore throat. I may bring her to the emergency room. I called her dr office today but they are closed due to hurricane Ike SO....

She fell asleep at 6:30 tonight. I tried to wake her up to stay up a little longer but there was no way. So...I just gave her a dose of ibuprofin let her stay asleep. I never get any sleep when she is sick. You moms know what I mean.

Have a great night violets!

Edited by TracyK

Hi guys

checking in,

Judy - thanks for the updates

Tx gals,.... glad you are ok... how about Haydee other than no power? is her house ok

Kat - LOVE YOU!!!!

Pamela - I thought it was you who did Zumba..... LOL... i remember too

Michelle - you go girl...

Tracyks, Jane hey

i feel like i'm missing everyone

so tired, got up and left at 6 for work bbq and meetings, out at 4:30 to go pick up u-haul and cabinets, unloaded and returned the truck and just getting home,

Can't see straight.

Oh... Judy, you are right i'll land on my feet, always do, just a rough spell, just want it all to be good again... doesn't even have to be as good as it use to be... just even

anyway... talk to ya'll when I can tomorrow is going to be a long day too

Thanks, Judy, for calling to get the update on Kat. Yikes, does this mean she's going to have to pay for all of this out of pocket? UGH! She was self-pay wasn't she?

Michelle - Congrats! I did Zumba last year and it did indeed kick my ass in a big way. So big, in fact, that I never went back! LOL My heart rate just got way too high and I wasn't comfortable with that. But it is fun!!

Kat hope you breeze through this!!!

Judy, too funny!!!! Thanks so much for the text!! They all laugh at me at work because it takes me sooo long to text! Once I get the hang of it it will be out!!!

Only one and a half days of work!!!!

Where is Laura????

Hey V's, was so busy with work today I didn't have time to post, I just popped in to read.

Michelle I'm so excited about you GYAIG!! I live vicariously through you, wish I had guts to do dancing.

Today I finally had an ounce of relief. I have started healing, thank goodness.. thanks for all the prayers, I need it!!

I can sit on the toilet and wipe again--hooraaaaay.

I still have pain in my butt and can't bend over, but I can change positions without excruciating pain and am able to move around more.

I planned to go back to work tomorrow, but Russ had a fit telling me if it's starting to heal I need to not push myself.. so we'll see what happens in the morning. Mentally I am a lot better because I know it's finally turning around.

YAY Kat!! I was so worried you may have to lose it, was glad to hear you got to keep it.. plus, remember, we won't be friends with you if you don't have a band!! :thumbup:

Laura.. great to see you posting!! Glad you're starting to feel better. Love your new signature and avatar. Got a little spare time, eh?? lol

Well, I'm off to bed. Ethan comes tomorrow afternoon and I have a concert in the evening. Everyone have a good evening. sleep well. We know Kat will be sleeping well tonight!!!!