Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Tues Morn, Vi's~~

Another busy one... it's stormy here this morning... I have to drive about 1+ hrs each way (on Washington's most overcrowded & nasty highways) for my annual thyroid doc app't in a bit... in the storms... yippee... not...

Other than that, it's work, work work...

I CTC yesterday... will strive to do it again today!!!

Make it a good one, everyone!!

Judy hasn't checked in since yesterday morning. Is she busy with Ethan???????

The following movies have shown up on a number of best chick-flick lists. Which is your favorite?

• The English Patient
  • Steel Magnolias
  • Beaches
  • The Way We Were
  • Bridges of Madison County

Good morning, Violets..

Yup.. I had Ethan all day yesterday without Bob so had to keep him entertained by myself. The pool was up to 88, but I couldn't go in.;o(( Joe was supposed to be here at 5 to get Ethan, but he ended up working 10 hours and didn't get here til 8:30. By then it was too late. I'm not swimming with bats flying in the air!! I'm up and ready to head out of town for our PMS luncheon today. Then rehearsal tonight. No time to catch my breath lately!

Everyone have a great day!

I am attempting to make black bean Soup in my crock pot today..

I had a bunch of dried Beans and yesterday I found the motherload of bean soup recipes! I soaked them over night, drained and added the chicken broth and turned on the crockers. I will go home at lunch to add the spices and chicken and hope for the best!!!!

182 today

Susie~

Loved the movie list...all of 'em except for English Patient. And one not on there is Grease!!! OMG Love that movie!

TracyKS~ "nobody puts Baby in a corner!"

TTFN

Steel Magnolias is one of my fav's, but I think The Evening Star & Terms of Endearment with Shirley McClain (she my fav. actress I think).. they're my most favorite chick flicks. And Beaches is another one of my fav's.. but my best favs are those 2.

I have that loooong hoight toighty meeting today, so had to dress all nice and do my hair & make up. I gotta suck it up. And I've not been feeling very well, my back hurting so bad made me really uncomfortable last night. Did some grocery shopping and by the end of it I was pale as a ghost and felt like I did years ago when I had the crippling back pain!!

I bought these little apple Snacks, reminds me of what McDonalds has.. individual packs of apple slices & individual packs of caramel sauce. That's going to be my b'fast/lunch today if I can get it to go down.

Have a good day ya'll :biggrin:)

My favorite movie is a tear jerker, so Beaches really has great sentimental value and is a good tear jerker. But my all time favorite tear jerker is "My Life" by Micheal Keaton. Oh my gosh!!! Talk about sappy, sappy, sappy!! I also love Dirty Dancing and Pretty Woman. Richard Gere looks so handsome in Pretty Woman, and so does Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing!!! I like the white dinner jacket version of the two men. I like em clean cut.

I am supposed to be out running errands, but had a bank problem at Bank of America that I had to run home to do some things. I am transfering my money out! They made a major mistake and won't do anything about it except say I am Sorry! Not good enough for me!! I want them to fix it back to the way it was, they won't so I won't stay. Simple as that, but a pain (PITA!!!!) for me. So decided to pop in to say hi!! Now I am going to run errands, go to the Dr. and then go to work.

Bye,

Jane

I agree that Dirty Dancing and Grease have to be added....also loved Fried Green Tomatoes!!!

The English Patient was not a favorite of mine. And while I liked Bridges better, it had undertones that made it something I had difficulty with. I think I like the upbeat chick flicks the best!

Kinsey and I had a good night. We slept in til a little after 8. Rick called and woke me up at 6-----but I was expecting that, and told him I wanted to talk to him before he left this morning. He said he is bringing me pictures of the memorial in OK City.

I didn't tell him I got his shop board painted! I want it to be a surprise!

So today I am going to Walmart (fun....NOT) to get some spray paint, and some dye, and a couple of throw rugs......going to revamp some things in my bedroom to go with the new stuff!! LOL

Looks like rain here.....overcast and dreary out there.

Kinsey wanted her usual, Peanut Butter toast and a banana for Breakfast, but nothing sounds appealling to me yet so just waiting for now, started my water!

Just called to check on the place we get Aspen wood, and there is no wood available, guess I might not get to do that this week, dangint! It is hard work, but it is something we need, and I really wanted to surprise Rick with it.....but is not looking good, will call again tomorrow and ask about really early morning see if there is ever any.

Let us know how your bean Soup turns out Tracy-------and don't forget if it is good, we do have a Violet recipe thread out there!! I looked at it the other day!!!

On my way to town I am going to stop and cut my FIL's hair so I can mark that off my list of to dos!! Plus if I don't I might as well buy him some barrettes in town, it is getting so shaggy!!! LOL

Judy do you ever take Ethan in the pool? Kinsey LOVES the Water. If we cannot go get wood we may go to Durango and do the rec center swimming.......especially if things do not calm down quickly at home. Manda said they have a plan, and a way to deal with it, it might take a little time, but she seemed calmer. Looks like they will pull from his 401K to pay off the 5K and just go on. They are frustrated by it, but acknowledge it is their debt, and the way they were acting with one another caused it to grow this way----and they are going to handle it----but it is upsetting to them. And would have been to me too. I mean honestly if she were living on her own, she would be totally without. We would not let them be hungry or homeless, but what if we were not around? She said she sees more clearly how people end up homeless.....

Should go out and mow before it rains.....but I'm not gonna!!! I feel so lazy!!!

Pamela how do you keep all the jobs straight??? I would be nutso!!

Well I am gonna get dressed and get started on the day. I might end up mowing.....who knows!!!

Kat

Manda just called and she met with the bank attorney and has a hearing scheduled.....because they DO require her signature on a judgement!

So she has likely lost the $1200 she had in her account, but they cannot attach money yet to be earned through the bank, they have to do that in a civil court and take it from her employer, so as not to disturb money in an account for a child, such as her child support.

She is ecstatic! She is willing to pay, but not b in debt like that to her own bank. They said that it is a phishing scheme, if she had actually had the 5K in the bank, they could have taken it. However the lack of a signature is gonna get them!

Just wanted to let you know!

Off to get things done for real this time!!!

Kat

Kat, so glad to hear that things sound like that they will turn out good. I have had my share of bank problems. It's maddening. Having to close all those accounts and than reopen new ones, it's a mess and can drive you nuts. Good Luck to Manda.