Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Janie, Suzie and Tracy all getting together???????

Tell me when and where.

Just got home from Doctor's visit. Well, alls' I can say is that I lost. It wasn't much but I did loose. Thanks to Jenn this last week and me trying to keep up with her. After I left the office we were driving home and I took a drink of Water. Hiccuped for 30 minutes, guess I must be full.

Rain has stopped for now. Very cold though. Only 64 and dreary.

Laura, "I will NOT smoke, I will NOT smoke, I will NOT smoke..............."

Try repeating that over and over. Your baby is worth it.

Ok, just read my e-mail and guess what?????

Janie, Suzie and Tracy are getting together.

:thumbup: :cry_smile: :blushing: :rolleyes: :biggrin: :cursing: :scared2:

Hi girls! Missed you all. Just got back in late last night...

Terry - I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm really not good at being able to express my feelings verbally, I do much better with hugs. I'm sorry for you and for your family's loss but at the same time can't help but feel joy that your mother has finally been freed from the broken body she's been in for the past few months. Maybe if you look at it from that angle it will help ease the pain of not having her here with you anymore...

Girls - I can't wait to catch up with all the rest of the posts and to fill ya'll in on my wonderful trip. I'm trying to play catch up here at work and also with our wedding business... I'll be back later... missed ya'll so much!

Hurricane Ike is heading straight for us here in Houston.....should make landfall about 2 hours before Mom's memorial service. :thumbup: :cry_smile: :blushing:

Laura - I recommend www.quitnet.com -- there are lots of resources for motivational reading and a message board. I wish I could remember the online book I found so useful....but it's there too. Go browse. I'll look around on my PC, too...see if I find something.

There's still time for it to change paths right? Last I heard it was headed for LA..

I'll be crossing my fingers it doesn't come to Houston!

And thanks for the website, I'm checking it out right now.

Wow, just got back from the Extreme Home Makeover house they are doing!!! Where this house is located is in a little suburb that has houses that were probably built in the 40s or 50's and are VERY close together. You would not believe all the stuff that is there! There are so many workers!!!! Oh my gosh. I wish I had brought my camera, but then again..... My dad and I sat out there on the lawn across the street for two hours just watching them work. Really neat!!!!

I hope tomorrow I have a bit of time to pop over there and see the progress. I guess they are used to be under the gun, but the family is supposed to come back for the reveal Wed. at 1:00. They have a bunch of work to do before then.

Jane

Terry--my check too is on its way!

Do you have a plan if the hurricane makes the service impossible? Do you have lots of people coming from out of town?

When my paternal grandma died it snowed, then rained, melting it all, and the hearse could not get up the hill in the mud to the old cemetary she had chosen! There were men in suits literally pushing the hearse. Then when my maternal grandma passed away, we had tons of family in from out of town. My Grandma had dozens of nieces and nephews and she kept in close contact with them all. She was the last living sibling of 8....so tons of cousins come in, and we had a record snow fall. We did not have a cemetary service for Grandma, but we had over 20 people snowed in, roads closed....total chaos.

And yet the weather fit the mood......I hope the storm delays untlil you get to say your goodbyes.

I went shopping this morning, and found me an outfit for the party. It is simple and casual, a khaki colored pants with a black blouse with maroon and khaki colored designs in it. Large shirt from JCPenney, and a size 11 jr. pants from Maurices! Yay!!!! The colors do not match the party, but it is not my party---so I chose what I liked!!

Scale is sitting tight it bounces a pound up and a pound down, but sitting pretty steady. Which is pretty much what I expect unless I really concentrate on my food intake, or work extra hard doing something physicall. Maybe I can drop a pound or 2 for good if I go do the wood this week!!!

I bought a new bedroom set for me today!!!

I found this really pretty gold and green---not dark, but about the same sage green as my bedroom carpet, hand embroidered quilt! It is a ring design, but not a wedding ring quilt---really pretty....at linens and things. And I got gold lightweight drapes to go with it! So....Rick is not going to want to leave again---I spend $$$!!!

I actually got a job offer I am contemplating! Seems so wierd, but I am considering it. I would be working at BP with both Becky and my DD Manda. I would not be working with either of them, but for a guy who used to work with Rick, as his admin assistant, and scheduler.

Without taking out insurance or anything that way, the money would be really good. I would still put heavily into a 401K and keep doing our IRA's......but it would make retirement come sooner for Rick, and would be good wages to better my own social security when the time comes.

Plan to really think it over seriously, and decide before mentioning it to anyone else!!! By that I mean Becky or Manda!!! They would freak out! Manda has been talking preschool for Kinsey, like I said, so it would not be something she would balk over. Dress would be jeans casual....right now I am leaning towards doing it! Seems kind of exciting!

I am going to try to get the shop painted tonight....well here starting in about an hour when my "helper" leaves for ballet! It should not take a long time, then it can be good and dry, and I can mark it off my list too!!!

Well I am going to put some things away, and try to be productive! See y'all in awhile!

Kat

Kat, A job?? I know I only have this little part time job and that seems to keep me happy, but I miss my old wages. I make in 3 weeks what I used to in one week. But I would have to work full time and I'm not sure that is something I want to do. But good luck in yo decision. If it's something you want, go for it.

Haydee, welcome back. We missed you alot.

I'm gonna call it quits early tonight. I've been up since 4:30am. So I'm gonna get dinner ready here and let the hubby clean up afterwards. He's got it easy, I'll use paperplates.

Everyone have a great evening.

IF YOU'RE HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS:hurray::redface::hurray::frown::hurray:

:redface:

Color me happy........now you notice there is only one clapping smiley----when Rick gets home I will add some more. When my DD gets her current issues settled I will add even more!!! Til then, I can honestly say I am NOT unhappy!!! LOL

Pray tell what has YOU so happy Ms. Pamela???

Got the shop walls painted! All I was painting was 2, 12 foot sections of peg board that is foor to ceiling, so about 10 feet high. Well peg board sucks to paint!!! I tried a roller, then a brush, and finally one of the paint pads......was frustrating, the little holes fill with paint no matter what you do, and then when you turn around it has run out of them and the board is full of runs!!! Took awhile----but it is done,and it is bright and he will be thrilled!!! Especially when he ends up painting other odds and ends areas of the peg board and sees what a PITA it is!!!!

Kinsey is spending the night with me. Manda got kind of a financial shock today, and is reeling, and part of it is Jasons fault, so they will be in discussion once he gets home, and I thought maybe Kinsey would be happier here! She is soaking in a bubble bath, and I am lying on the bed a few feet away with the lap top.

Back when the kids divorced, the judge give this one credit card debt to Jason. Well the credit card company told him they could not hold him responsible since the card was opened in her name. She had the account from graduation on....well he took that to heart and did not pay it. Well neither did she, and they had both moved so since they did not have her address they had no way to tell her she was responsible, regardless what the judge said. So now they are back together, and he told her that they said that, well Manda being Manda, looked it up, contacted them, made payment arrangements, and sent them a check. Well she goes on line today to see if her direct deposit has hit, and it shows her account over $4000.00 overdrawn. Come to find out the credit card company has a judgement against her, as of Feb. 07----that she was unaware of, so when she sent them a check, in an effort to do the right thing---they used the account number and effected the judgement plus interest for the entire time, and attorney and court fees. The original amount owed on the card was less than $1100.00.

So now when her check went into the bank, it is gone! And she is overdrawn the entire amount, plus any checks she has out will bounce when they come in. The bank says she has to deal with the credit card company, who is not backing down, says they have their money they are satisfied. Meanwhile she has a child who she can now no longer support, as she has no money! Now she is living with Jason, and he will support them, that is not the point.....legally she is still a single Mom, and they can leave her with no income they say. So tomorrow she is going to the bank to demand a copy of the judgement that she has never seen, to find out how they can pay something of that amount....when they know good and well she does not have that money in there, and never has that kind of money in there-- and then to see an attorney. First she is closing her bank account though, as that will stop her paycheck from disappearing. She was hysterical!

She said she would be mad if they had found her and done it, but she contacted them to set up a payment to clear the debt because she thought it was the right thing to do.....and now they are not willing to do anything to help her of course.

Anyway, I thought Kinsey would be happier here.....bubble bathing and sleeping with Granny in an old fashioned sleep over.....and tomorrow we get to sleep in late!!! Wooohoooo!!!!

Guess I will kind of wait and see what she hears before deciding about the job.....right now what she pays me goes right back to the bank, into a savings account for Kinsey----lucky for her the check she gave me was still sitting here, or it too would have cost her $27.50! Anyway no sense in making her stress over the additional cost of daycare until we see how this pans out.....I think she is just going to have to close the account, let them turn it over to collection, and pay them.....which she is willing to do, she was willing to pay them in the first place.

I sliced my thumb cleaning up my paint supplies, the paint pad has a metal edger on it, and it sliced my thumb pad all the way across---not super deep, but enough the Water was pink not white!!! OUCH!

Well I am off to Shampoo Kinsey's hair, and then lotion her up, and get her all snuggly, then it is likely 4-5 bedtime stories before she gives up the ghost and falls to sleep!!! I might check in and read up on you girls!!

Kat

Good Morning Girls, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's very cold here this morning.

Not much going on today. I have a meeting this morning and than I have to work later today. Other than that just some housework.

Everyone have a great day and don't forget it's, CTCD.

Morning Violets~

I am so glad I found I Love Lucy on at 5:30am! That is my Violet and scrabble time...and in between turns during scrabble I put my face on. Now I can have Lucy on in the background. I know it sounds silly, but I LOVE Lucy and think she will set a great tone for the day. You can only watch the same freakin news over and over again so much!

We went yesterday to get my licence to marry the girls (Melissa and Jackie). They also got their marriage licence too! It was nice and they took us out to dinner and we talked about the big day. they are getting married on the Santa Monica pier. This is a small service and then they will have a big one (150+ people) on March 14, 09. They wanted to have this in case Prop 8 passes in Nov and gay people wont be allowed to marry. Anywho...that is that story!

Have a great Tuesday everyone. Gonna work and then come home and work on Walden, and then work on LaVerne. I need to have chap. 4 and 5 done by Oct. 1 (that is the goal...keep your fingers crossed).

xoxooxox