Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Rain, Rain and more rain. I'm sure glad we need it. :thumbup:

Up early to go to work. Than I have a Doctor's appointment today , sure hope I get a fill.I need one real bad.

Denise, The boys are beautiful. Dimitri looks like he has put on some weight. Before you know it both boys will be about the same. You are going to have a ball during the holidays.

Kat, I need to come and go riding with you. I haven't been for almost 30 years. My best friend in school had 7 horses and we would go riding every weekend. You made me miss it.

Everyone have a great Monday.

Rain, Rain and more rain. I'm sure glad we need it. :thumbup:

I sure wish it would rain here! I'm tire of the heat!!!!

Today

Sep 8

32.gif?12122006

Sunny

102°

Good morning, Violets..

It's a beautiful, chilly Monday morning here. I've let the dog out, grabbed the paper and am contemplating when to crank up the heater on the pool. The Water temp is 80 this morning and the air temp is 54. I think I'll wait til about noon so I can get in and swim after Ethan goes home at 5. The Bobster will be gone most of the day today and tomorrow he's gone out of town all day. It's the most we've been without seeing each other since our separate trips this summer. I don't mind it though. Sometimes I like having my own space as long as I know he'll be back soon.

Denise.. your grandsons are so sweet. Don't you just love that baby smell?? And those chubby cheeks!! I look forward to having Ethan every chance I get. He knows for sure no matter what else happens in his life, that MomMom and Poppa love him.

Ethan's dad made a doctor's appointment for him on the 18th of Sept. I'm anxious to see what the doc says about Ethan's speech. The doc is Nathan's best friend and he's already talked to him about checking Ethan over really well.

Kat.. sounds like you're getting a lot done there!! Don't forget to take pics for us.

Suzie...I just LOVE the pool heater. Wish we could have afforded it sooner, but I'll certainly take it now. I don't know why I love the water so much, but I just feel so relaxed and happy in it.

Jenn... are you sure you're getting enough to eat??? I'm guessing that's why you're so tired all the time! Are you taking Vitamins?

Off to find something for Breakfast. Everyone have a great day!!

Denise: I've been wondering about your babies! Even warped your countertops look GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Terry: The rosary is breathtaking!

Laura: your dreams are cracking me up!

I have not weighed........ the last time I did I was up to 184 and it pissed me off.... I am seeing TracyK in my head, and I KNOW I'm doing it to myself.... Why? I don't know.

Anyway... as Suzie said... It is raining like crazy, woke up to thunderstorms at 5:00 a.m.

I am looking forward to meeting up with Jane and Suzie later this month.....

Everyone, have a great day.

Hey!!! TracyinKS is back!!! As for the funk... I just went and read the May entry in your blog. YOU need to do that too. There are some great things in there.

I'm sitting here now trying to let my bite of sausage go down which it isn't doing. I think I'll have to head to the bathroom and get rid of the sucker..

There.. all better. Sure makes me realize I have a band even after a year and a half! You'd think I'd know better by now. Now I have the hiccups. Oh joy.

Off to get dressed and ready for the day. Make it a good one!!

Morning V's. I had a horrible night of sleep last night, I hate our bed.. I guess since I laid in it all weekend, my back was tired of it. I could not get comfortable last night, I kept getting charlie horses in my lower back, waking up, not finding a better way to sleep, repeat. Now I have a crick in it, I am so sore and TIRED. I don't want to take advil, but I may break down here pretty soon if the crick doesn't lessen up.

Denise they are sooooooooo cute!!! :thumbup:)

If you haven't sent your $60 deposit for the Alabama trip, please do so soon? kthx!

Hey All~

Bad night...i am very tired today and feel a bit sick!

Terri~ check is in the mail...for real!:thumbup:

off to sub a period for someone!

xoxooxox

Oh the smoking thing, I am down to 1/2 pack a day. That's a huge accomplishment, but no matter what I do, I can't get to less than that. What I read is that you should taper off to your 14th week. That means I have 6 weeks left :thumbup: I'm not very confident in my abilities, Russell is taking Chantix and stopped smoking a few days ago. I'm very jealous, and annoyed.. I wish I could do the chantix. I know it works! I've been reading online for advice on how to quit when you can't use quit stuff.. Patches, gum, etc. are worse than smoking.. it's the nicotine that is bad for the baby and those are all direct nicotine. You quitters, did ya'll do something non-anticdotal that worked? I read eating jolly ranchers everytime you get a craving, but I don't see that tiding me over. Right now, I use "If I wait 2 more hours, I get one", so I'm not setting myself up very well right now to actually quit, my reinforcement not to smoke at the moment, is that I will have one eventually.

I am off for a lunch date, then my Dad and I are going over to the Extreme Makeover house in my town. I was sort of bummed by Tracy and Susie email about waking up to storms, cause that means they are about 5 hours from here!!!! Hope we can see the house before the rain comes!!!!

Congrats Laura on cutting down!!!! Makes it sooo much easier to do when you have a reason!!!!!!!!!!

Here I go for my day

((((HUGS PAM AND TERRY))))

OK...subbing in a drama class. The regular teacher was in Greece this summer and due to a couple of accidents all w/in 30 min of each other, has a cast on her leg and had to have surgery on her arm! So the regular sub had to be out today. The kids are watching Annie...how nice huh? My kids had a huge test this am.

Bad bad night. We did go to Gottschalks and shop til we dropped last night! They had a private party with tons of sales on top of the 25% off for being a card member. We both bought tons of clothes I bought 2 Lancome eyelines ($55, man o man...w/ the discount) and Sus got some cute sandals and parfums! Had fun.

Dissertation is coming along. I will start writing ch. 4 tomorrow and finishing analyzing the data tonight. I am doing a mixed methods study using both qualitative and quantitative data. The qual is taking forever to analyze..not like the quan where I plug it into an excel sheet. That is the update!

Laura~ I don't have much advice w/ smoking. Except you need to quit ASAP. I don't know about 14 weeks or whatever. Go read about low birth rates and complications from smoking and scare the shit out of yourself. That should work. Believe me, I know it is hard. But how nice DH already quit. Now you wont smell it all the time. Also, talk to your doctor...dont just rely on books and opinions. Tell yourself you are worth it. Hell girl, I watched you drop 100 pounds in a year...YOU CAN DO THIS! Come here and vent and tell us all how shitty it is. I know. I still miss it at times. But I feel great and you will too!xoxoxo

OK..gonna go watch Annie for a few min!

xoxoxoxoxo

Oh I know the complications, and where it should be enough, it's not working that way.. I don't know how anyone does that!!!

My ultrasound is Thursday (WOO), I am going to ask her about it then. She's the one who gave me Chantix last year, I'm going to see if she can recommend something like Welbutrin (not sure if that's pregnancy compatible) or whatever.

Hey Gals!~~

Busy day... busy week... will pop in as able... know I'm thinking about you & sending everyone happy purple vibes all the time!!

Laura -- JUST QUIT! For your babe. You Can Do It! You CAN!!!

((TracyKS))

Everyone... hi... I've got to go... wish I could do more personals... ack!

I need something entertaining to do at work when I'm in down time. It's been a slow day, LBT doesn't have any interesting threads going and you guys pop in and out..waaah. Wish I still like pogo.

We went to the mall for lunch, nothing sounds good anymore!!! I don't mind things when I eat them, but I don't go "Oh such and such sounds good". We even passed an ice cream shop and I was like blech.

I got a sub from subway (I know better, that won't go down), but while he's making it, I said light mayo and he squirts this watery white goo on my sammich. I made a face and he goes 'That's weird.. I promise it's mayo!". Uh huh, cause I'm dumb and never had mayo, and never seen what it looks like when it seperates? So I was way turned off, ended up going to get egg drop Soup. Ate half, too hot.