Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hi y'all,

Well Rick is gone, that makes me so sad! I am going to do my best to get all the peg board in his shed painted before he gets back. He made the comment that when he come home, he would organize his tools, he was all excited, then he kinda garumphed (yes it is a word!!) and said he'd have to paint it and let it dry first, and he was unhappy with the delay. So.....we have the paint----and I am going to paint it! That way when he gets home he can organize, and continue to move out of MY garage!!! Loving it!!!

Jenn, I got what you were saying to Laura. One of the advantages of height is how we carry weight. So now that she has lost so much of hers, when she begins showing, it will be baby.....my DD Manda was that way, looked like she had a volleyball under her shirt we told her!!!

Abbey on the other hand, said she outgrew her pants last week----which is normal, she is half way through, but she said it is not belly---it is her hips getting broader! They are oppositely built that way-------Manda is like me, tall and narrow----and the belly come naturally with pregnancy (and in my case, without!). Abbey is like her family....both sides tend towards hips broadening with age. Large hips and large thighs. She has always had such an amazingly flat stomach!! She tends to be very curvy.....and hates it. She wants Manda's boyish slim, and Manda wants Abbey's curves. Lenny just rolls his eyes at them both.....and he is skin and bones! So was Rick til he quit smoking and turned 30 in the same year!!! LOL, he might be surprised that skinny does not last forever for everyone!!!

I have to sit down today and do a photo montage for my MIL's birthday. I have a total of 64 pictures, and have to pick about 3 songs. I have lots of pictures of her when she was younger. I have pics of her with all her kids. I ask Rick's siblings to get me pics of her with their kids and grandkids. Only one did. So now I am presented with the issue of do I include those, and leave the others out, or do I not put any of the grandkids and great grandkids in???? Any opinions???

I want to put some ugly ones in, but I am behaving!!! My SIL made a dig at me yesterday when we were talking about what we were wearing to the birthday party. She said she might have a dress to fit me, but she thought she had given all her big clothes away already. The woman is NOT any smaller than I am! And a size 10 is NOT big clothes! I cannot wear a size 10 dress......but neither SHOULD she!!! I have to have bigger to fit my boobs, and she doesn't but I hate her little snipes!

Going to go have chinese food with my parents later today....they are delivering some bags of goodies to church shut ins today, so we will go afterwards. Thinking Almond chicken might hit the spot!!!

So Laura, did the Reeces make it??? LOL silly girl!

I need to find a way to download an old VHS video clip to my phone. Looking through old videos I found one of me at a family gathering literally stuffing my face! The size of the bite outdone only by the size of my huge face and cheeks! I need it so when I am on the verge of a binge I can watch it!!! Some scary stuff girls! Embarrassing as all hell!

Well I am going to get ready in case my folks finish up early I won't be holding them up. Will be back later.

Kat

Oh jeez, no. The reese made it till about 1am. Some reason I was extremely paranoid someone was going to break into the house.. so I had the bat on the bed, my cell phone handy and was going over game plans. I kept pausing the tv everytime I heard a noise, and a lot of parties on Saturday night so I heard a lot of noises!! I had a hard time sleeping alone. I'm bored and thought I'd share with you how my weekend went (minus the food portion). I've barely rolled off my bed the past 2 days.. I just shift positions on the bed, the cats are happy the dog is gone (went with Russell) so they've enjoyed just hanging out with me.

Good news is, after my candy flip yesterday I totally am sick of candy. The idea of it makes me ill.

So here is Gracie, taking over the dog's bed-

graciebed.jpg

And my big boy Apollo, watching the laptop with me-

apollola.jpg

Uh oh, he hears a noise (gracie on the floor wiggling her butt)-

apollouhoh.jpg

And then?

apgrfight1.jpg

Then I break them up as usual..

apgrfight2.jpg

We all go back to lounging, repeat. And this is my weekend! Russell has been asking me to make chili for weeks, so I made it this morning, letting it simmer till he gets home.

I'm SO not hungry, for anything.. ugh.

Check in....

I have not done too well on my food choices this weekend BUT I have not done too BAD either...so, we'll see what happens!

Good Evening, Violets..

Well, another weekend under the belt. I just got back from a nice swim and exercising in the pool. Air temp is 68, pool Water is 86. Now THAT'S what I've been missing all summer!!!

We just packed up the tables from the party and now it's raining. The Bobster and I were looking forward to another nice outside fire tonight, but it's not looking good for that. We'll see how it is in a couple of hours.

Choir went well today. It was nice to have everyone back and singing pretty! Now I just have to check on my sub director for Oct. 12 and 19 when we'll be on our next cruise.

My food choices for this weekend have been pretty good considering. I did indulge in some chips and a cookie last night at the party. Other than that it was sloppy joe without a bun, a couple bites of potato salad, and a few bites of other salads that people brought. I had a granola bar for Breakfast, some left over pot roast hash for lunch and will have a hot dog, make that TRY to have a hot dog and some watermelon for supper. We'll have to see if ice cream rears it's ugly head later on this evening.

Hope Haydee's trip is going well.

TracyinKS.. where da heck are ya???

Laura.. your cats are adorable.

Michelle... any poop updates for us???:)

Kat.. you need to slap that SIL upside the head! What a rude thing to say!!! I just don't understand why people feel they have to be so mean! Does it make them feel superior?? Cause they sure aren't.

Off to get some supper.. bbl..

Music Man was great!! This is a summer theatre, so this was the last one. They announced today that next summers line up is "Little Shop of Horrors", "The Drowsy Chaperone", and "Guys and Dolls". Sounds like a good line up. I saw The Drowsy Chaperone last year and it wasn't great, but not bad. Can't wait though. Now in November our other tickets start up with "The Color Purple".

Susie, not Catholic, just always go to Charlies church picnic.

Well off to find something to eat. I am hungry!! But, I have had NO SWEETS since August 31! I am allowing myself three days of sweets this month. Don't know when that will be though.

TracyK did I thank you for sending back the book? I can't remember so thank you again!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

Yes Jane you thanked me. You are very welcome and thanks to you too! By the way, when I was in high school, we put on Guys and Dolls...what fun!

Those are good classic musicals Jane!

Judy I am jealous, I normally take a steaming hot hot bath, just had one the other night. Last night I read hot baths and showers,saunas, jacuzzis, etc.. are bad while you're pregnant- especially early on, when it changes your body temperature it can cause mutations!! To say the least, i'm a bit freaked out. I take a lot of hot baths, and this was not in the books I read :) :biggrin:

I'm going to miss my parents hot tub in the winter.

And knowing I can't do that, makes me want it more!

Picnic went great today. I had a hambuger patty, 2 slices of watermelon and a spoonful of apple salad. Was so proud of myself till I got home. 2 bowls of chili.

I ran into a lady at the picnic that lives the next block over and down alittle and she says "I see you walking all the time". So I told her I was going at 6pm tonight and asked if she wanted to go. We had a great time. Usually I don't like to have a walking partner. But this was nice.

Kat, how do you find time to do all you do????

Laura, love the kitties. Want mine????

Pam, got your e-mail and that is fine with me.

I have to be at work at 6am. so I'm off to bed.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Night.

Hi Vi's!

Well I planned on painting after having a late lunch with my folks....but have not even opened the can of paint!!! I took total advantage of being alone, and the nice weather, not too hot, not too cold----and I went riding! I have not had the time nor freedom to ride for such a long time straight, I am even a bit sore!!! But mostly that is breaking in my new saddle!! I could not have done it before losing some weight! The top is sueded, and it is a bit chafing on the thighs. I rode so randomly at one point I thought I was lost!!! I was technically, I have no idea where exactly I was, but we have 2 tall mesas around here that house all the local radio towers, and microwave towers for all the cells etc. And pretty much from anywhere, if you get up high enough you can locate them, which is what I did, got my bearings and meandered my way home. Saw a skunk first thing----was praying that Doo did not spook! All was well, we flushed out several jack rabbits, and a covey of quail....other than that saw bunches of lizards and nothing else. A couple of kids on quads, I rode several miles on the river bank, before wandering back into the hills. Was SOOOOOOO nice. I feel refreshed, and ready to make a plan for the week. I have about a dozen things I want to cram into this week----!

1. paint the shop walls

2. haul a load of aspen wood with my Dad

3. I have about 3 bushels of green chile to put up!

4. Friday we decorate for the birthday party, so I have to have the flowers and the ribbons done before then!

5. I have Kinsey all week!

6. lawn needs mowed...told Rick I would hire my brother, but it really is good exercise!

7. gotta go find an outfit to wear to the party!

8. need to go give FIL a haircut before the party as well!

Can't think right now, but earlier they were all rolling around in my head! It CAN be done......hope Kinsey is ready for a run around week!!!

Laura, I remember doing the same, and worrying so about it! Mine was that the week before I found out I was pregnant with Manda I had gone out with the girls to one of thems bachelorette party, and had to be practically poured into the car when my ex come after me.....so I was worried sick!!!

How goes the not smoking?

Probably a good thing I don't have a pool, none of my list would get done!!!

My DH loves me! My friend Marie is a baker---she does cakes and other goodies, she brought me some chocolate dipped cheesecake....from Rick, cuz he knew I was moping around from him leaving!!! Only 2 small slices he told her, he did not want me thinking he was trying to sabotage me.....just spoil me! I am going to have one later. I have done pretty well today....peanut butter toast for breakfast--1 piece. For lunch I had about a cup of almond chicken no rice----leftovers in the fridge. And I am still full, so just waiting to feel more comfy to have my treat!! I have done so so with Water. Had 3-4 bottles, and also had a SF A&W Root Beer----frosty mug and all! So will work on another bottle or 2 of water before calling it a night.

So what did my sister Violets find to do with their weekends????

Kat

Denise, how is everything going with the two babies? New pics?
I've been SO busy with the house and babies...I haven't gotten a lot of new pics because I've been so busy LOL! I'll take some more this week...the house is still a total mess...the way things are going it's going to take 2 years to unpack. We had a problem with the dishwasher leaking and it got everything wet...They had to tear out some sheet rock, dry the walls and put a dehumidifier in to absorb the moisture, replace the pad in the living room...etc. This week they'll be tearing out the granite counters in the kitchen to replace the cabinets because my hubby had a fit that they got wet and look a little warped underneath, so they're replacing them. They're doing us right...

Here's some pics of the mess:

5758139553_ORIG.jpg

NewImage1.jpg

Here's the latest I have of Blake:

IMG_1759-1-1.jpg

Here's the latest of Dimitri....I'll take some more this week!

5721515976_ORIG.jpg

I'm looking at the pics of the babies that I just posted...god I LOVE those babies...they are such the joy of my life...I can't imagine how I ever lived without them!!!

Aren't they beautiful???? Blake is figuring out that he has a voice and he uses it lol...he makes these screeching sounds that sounds like a dinosaur...cracks me up...we call him Baby Zilla or DinoBlake. He tries so hard to talk and talk...never shuts up really LOL - He'll be 4 months on the 18th of this month.

Dimitri is learning who everyone is and following those he knows most with his eyes...he's laughing and giggling...he's 11 weeks, but because he was a preemie he should only be 3 weeks as of Friday. He's getting a fat little face finally - not a lot of wrinkles anymore! He's actually got dimples now. :thumbup:

Denise, is that both Moms holding their sons? Have some of the problems cleared up? I hope so for everyones sake!!!

The boys are precious!!! I am looking forward to our new grandson in December! Probably won't get to see a lot of him, our son in law is not close to our family, and never comes to our family things, only his own. And our DD lets it happen....so what can you do????

Rick just called and he is in OK. Ready for class tomorrow.

I ate about half a piece of my cheesecake ----yummy!!!!

Well going to finish watching House (a marathon, I LOVE it!) and then call it a night.

I got the photo video finished, and the ribbon streamer finished, and about half of the flower bouquets for the tables done. I actually have the basis for the others done, but my SIL did not bring the teapots over so I could finish.....but I will tomorrow! I feel so productive tonight!!!

Will see y'all in the morning!

Hugs~

Kat

Denise, is that both Moms holding their sons? Have some of the problems cleared up? I hope so for everyones sake!!!

The boys are precious!!! I am looking forward to our new grandson in December! Probably won't get to see a lot of him, our son in law is not close to our family, and never comes to our family things, only his own. And our DD lets it happen....so what can you do????

Yes that's both of the girls....we're working on things. She's been clean for 9 days now, and counting...I notice she's so much more involved with her baby when she's sober...it's sad when she's using she won't even hold him. I'm just keeping an eye on things, not holding my breath, but remaining hopeful.

Morning gals

I don't know why i keep getting logged out.. how frustrating

Anyway, lazy weekend, i don't know why i'm so tired. Yesterday we went to lunch, ate 1/4 of my burger no bread and almost died, what a waste of $9 - then went shopping for dd's school supplies that she just got the list for, went for a little over a 2 mile walk, cooked dinner for the kids, ate 1/2 cup of chili I made on Sat, made lunches for today and off to bed, and I'm still tired.

didn't sleep well

Anyway, Kat, I'm working on a long list like that too, but needed to get the house together so i can focus.

Denise - what sweet babies...glad it is going good with the girls

Laura, your turn next.

Hey everyone.