Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Cute Kid Report:

I have this cutie-pa-tootie named Juan! He is just a doll, and little too. Well, on the first and second day of school, I told all the kids that right now, you have an A in my classes...but it is their job to KEEP the A! Juan, looks at me and says w/ big eyes, "WOW, I've never had an A before!" I assured him that he did, but he needs to study to keep it.

This morning, we had a spelling test and the kids have a spelling packet due (each worth 100 points). Juan turned in his packet and earned an 85% on his test. I told him, "See how good you did, and now you've earned 185 points today! He said, "Wow...I've never earned 185 points before!" Soooo cute!

Then later we were talking about dying and someone asks what happens after you die. I said, "you need to talk to your parents about that cause many of us have different ideas about that." Someone asks, "what do you think happens?" and I share that I am a Catholic (almost all my kids are Hispanic Catholic). Juan speaks out and says, "I'M A JEW!" I said, "no you are not!" He just smiled! He is a doll...

Going out to dinner w/ a friend and my better half! Have a great night everyone!

Terri~xoxoxoxo

Michelle~ glad Mo has things movin' along...somewhat!

Laura~Sweet dreams, cant wait to hear about 'em!

TracyK and Jane~ Starting to have BB w/drawls, lol! We've been through 3 BB seasons together...wow!

Judy~ I wanna come over and swim! Enjoy!

Susie, TracyKS, Denise, Jenn, Kat, Haydee and everyone else...have a grat weekend!

Oh yeah, one more thing about Juan. When I told him he earned an 85 on his test, he says, "yeah, I took your advice and studied!" Out of the mouths of babes!

So sweet, Pam. Juan's your Karmic reward for putting up w/Manuel (was that his name?) last year!!

Thanks for the info Laura!!!

Watching Stand up 2 Cancer, it really touches your heart. Wondering why I had such a mild form of Ovariian cancer, when it usually kills people. I feel very lucky and blessed.

Hopefully Juan will replace Ma......

At least when bb ends survivor starts this time. I love survivor!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

I wonder where Tracyks is also, I emailed her with a question and I didn't get a reply, hope everything is okay!! I hope she is just super busy making her kitchen pretty!!!!

Terry, you are still in my thoughts, I am sure that this week will be hard for you. Hugs!!

Good evening, Violets..

Nice, quiet day here today. The Bobster was at church and Ethan was home with his daddy so I had the house to myself. Got everything ready for the choir party. The swimming pool is up from 68 to 80 this evening. I AM going to go swimming in the morning!! Got the lawn mowed and now just have to do the trimming and make the sloppy joes tomorrow afternoon and we'll be ready. I made up a choir trivia game and got three gag gifts. We have fire wood all ready to put in the fire pit since it is getting dark at about 8 now. So far I have 20 people coming, but I'm guessing there will be more that didn't bother to rsvp.

I'm going to go watch some tv with the Bobster and read my tabloids and then head to bed. Everyone have a good evening. sleep well!

I too watched Stand Up 2 Cancer, was pretty sobering. The kids just seriously get to me. A woman my Mom belonged to Rebekah Lodge with just lost her 4 year old son----not to cancer, but just losing a child like that is so horrid.

My DH is in deep trouble!!! He had to run across to Walgreens from work to grab something at break, and saw that the candy Corn was out for Halloween. He said he always remembers his Grandpa having it for him. So he brought it home so he could give it to his grandkids----but his wife is wanting it!!!

I am off to bed early tonight. Not getting my sleep last night is catching up with me!!!

Hope everyone is ok, I miss them all checking in!!

Night night all!

Kat

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the family drama :lovechoc:

I HATE my parents like to act oblivious, and they like to turn it around like I'm the bad guy because I won't look away.

We are suppose to be moving a lot of furniture around tomorrow--I'm getting my old bedroom set from my parent's house (a nice one) and they are taking the one I had set up in my guest room. My set is currently in my old closet (which is huge).. my sister took that room when I moved out 7 years ago, and we've been talking about this for a month, mover scheduled for tomorrow.

I told Russell I am cleaning out our furniture, he asks why, I am like..we do the move tomorrow. He acts like I never talked to him about this, and he was there on several occasions. He is like, I don't want furniture if your sister trashed it. I said I don't think she trashed it beyond repair.. like cleaning. So I call mom, it's her poker night so she said she'll check tomorrow, but tomorrow is when we're doing the moving.. 8am.

So to appease Russell, I go over to my parents' house to look at it.

The door is locked. My old room, is now their movie room. I knock, my sister is all weird sounding, said she's sleeping. I ask her to open up. 15 minutes pass, I hear everything she's doing.. opening drawers to my furniture in the closet, spraying crap. She finally opens and is like 'What do you want' and I told her I'm looking at the furniture. She goes ballistic, saying she's sleeping, can't I do it another time. I know what she's up to, so I'm like "How about you just go to your bedroom and sleep so I can look at the furniture?" She flips out, runs off.. I go to the closet, open the drawers.. and bags of white powder, and burnt glass pipes. Lovely. A drawer is missing, another one is broken, so mom comes up to find out what the drama is, I show her the powder and pipes.. sister comes back, tells this story about how that's from before when she use to live there blah blah. I heard her putting it away, and I'm not oblivious. Last time she lived in that room she wasn't an addict. But good ol' mom, hugs her and says "OK, no need to get upset" (She throws one of her tantrums). Then she turns to me and said "I'm busy tonight, I don't have time for drama". Even better, way to be the parent. Way to be an enabler?! So then she tells me to get out while my sister gets her 'stuff' together then I can look at the furniture. I just left. Fck it, I don't want the furniture, I don't want to be involved in their stupid delusional lifestyle over there.

Sorry you are having to deal with it all Laura....

I am with Russell, you would never be comfortable laying the baby on that bed....who knows what has seeped into the mattress???

Well I am heading back to bed, and if work calls Rick again.....I am disconnecting the phone!!!

Night All!

Kat

It wasn't baby furniture or I wouldn't have even been looking, it was to trade out dressers in our bedroom and give them my guestroom bed (so I can put baby stuff in there).

Good Morning Vi's (or Bi's as the case may be) --

I can't really tell you what I've been doing, nothing very productive I suppose. I took Evan to buy a suit on Thursday and he's sooooo thin it was hard to find his size! Ended up spending way too much but it's for my mom, so wth. He'll look wonderful. He sure is maturing at a rapid pace now.

I think I told ya'll that the memorial service is next Saturday, the 13th, and it's been nice to have this extra time to plan things. DS and I are getting along fine....I just let her have her way when push comes to shove but that hasn't happened often.

Today I have to draft a eulogy and that is proving difficult. I'm not feeling confident that I can capsulize her life into a few paragraphs. So much of who she was was reflected in simple gestures -- the way she greeted someone at the door, or the way she threw her head back when she laughed, or the fact that she always looked her best. Just a bunch of little things that add up to one great lady. Anyway....that is my task for today. Send your energy this way, please! :-)

If you'll indulge me again, I'd like to post a pic of the necklace I made to wear to the service. I'm quite proud of it -- produced it while going thru pretty intense grief -- but asked Mom to help me. She's always here with me ...I can really feel her. It's nice.

Thank you for all the wonderful cards, ladies. They are so comforting. I love you all so much!! The flowers just keep getting prettier every day, I swear. XXXOOO (((hugs)))

post-213702-13813137553587_thumb.jpg

post-213702-13813137553943_thumb.jpg

Simply stunning.

If you need a fresh, "professional" editor's eye to help with your eulogy, I am more than happy to help you!!

They keep saying that Tropical Storm Hanna is coming... but it's not here yet... everything's closing for the day... I think it's going to be just rain...

Laura... what a horrible situation... but you're right, you don't need that drama, etc., esp now in your condition... you & Russell can more than take care of yourselves, and you're starting a family now... you'll be the parents to a beautiful new babe... so your allegiences are shifting... going from daughter in one family to mom in another... the relationships will continue to evolve... but this is a situation where going to a store and purchasing a dresser is the wiser choice than "going home" & getting old stuff... does this make sense???

Laura, that is a horrible situation with your family!! Kudos to you for dealing with it in a mature and open eyed way. You seem to be the only one right now doing that.

Busy day today, work then church picnic tonight. I keep yawning, really want to go back to bed...

Have a good day!!!

Hugs Terry, Tracyks, Tracyk, Susie, Laura, Michelle, Pam, Judy, Haydee, Denise, Jennifer, and KAt!!!!!!!!