Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Morn

(Boy that "Title" thing is annoying, isn't it? Why did it suddenly start automatically showing up?? Glad I know how to delete!!)

Well, had to get up extra-early today to go get Mo the cat from the emerg vet hospital... they close @ 8am the day after the weekend (usually Monday, but Tues today cuz' of the holiday weekend... lucky guy... he got an extra day there!)... & they charge a LOT if you're late...

So anywhoo... he still has about 6" of poop in him... he pooped a little bit on his own, but last night they had to sedate him & "manually extract" as much as they could... he's still woozy (walking like a drunken Violet)... & has his right front let shaved w/IV holes in it... he's happy to be home... I have to keep him in my bedroom/bath w/his own food/water/box so I can monitor intake & output (can my life GET any better?)... + I have a liquid medicine I have to give him (oh there, it will improve later today, when he spits sticky medicine all over me)... + I have to make an appointment w/his regular vet for follow-up... argh... the $1K cat! DH is some kind of steamed...

That's it from here for now... am trying -- *TRYING!!* -- to be good w/ food today... just for one stinkin' day... ack!...

Cabinets on photobucket.......... still a work in progress but you get the idea! SO MUCH better.. DH far exceeded my expectations....

tracyinks/Kitchen2008 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

OH the guy in the kilt is the boys step dad Jeff... he is a loveable goof. They came to get Cody for the weekend enroute to Irish Fest or something..... and the kilt is a REAL one that they paid $500 for.

I'm at work... working away...

I need to get a fill... i can eat anything and right now choose not to... so problem... i'm lonely without my boss and I want to eat... working on 25oz of rasp green tea, and my 2nd rasp lemonade crystal light... I'm trying to flush myself out.

I had 1 south beach Protein Bar 140 cals 10g Protein and i'm thinking about having my serving of dannon light yogurt soon....

how frustrating... i can't beleive i let myself go after last month with kev... kind of makes me angry at myself... after all was said and done i gained 10lbs...! (8this am)

no one will ever make me gain back all the weight.

Ok can you all tell i'm trying to convince myself of that too?

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ok back to not eating...

Wow, Tracy... they look great! You're a better woman than I... I could not have stayed in the house w/all that mess going on!! Yowza!!

I was staining as he was building! I have have a couple coats of polyurethane to put on them and trim, and handles, and and and... good thing is we already have a new sink purchased he just has to build the bottoms........ and oh lord ... to be rid of the RED counter tops!

and yes............ All the kitchen was a wreck.. as he had unloaded all cabinet contents onto EVERY FLAT SPACE! That is why I couldn't walk through the plastic on Friday.. and I went to Starbucks instead

Morning V's!

Looks great Tracy! I wish I was handy, I have done a few things to our house, but I have major projects I wish I could handle. Any idea how hard it is to add glass doors to surround bathtub? I was thinking about that this morning, I've been wanting to do it in the guest bathroom so the cats stop tracking litter into the tub (they jump straight from the box into the bathtub some reason!!)

I was late to work today, I am so tired!!!!!!!!

Names Russell has thrown out on his own.. William (no way) and Blake.. which I'm 50/50 about. It's not bad, but it's not my preference.

I was going to post more, but some emails just came in I gotta handle.

I don't know how to add anything to a bathroom, but my two cents are I LOVE MY SHOWER DOORS, it is hung from above so no disgustiing tracks.

Good morning everyone, did really good yesterday with no sweets. Busy day at work today.

Hugs Terry.

Jane

Good afternoon, Violets..

Just got back from singing at a funeral. Afterwards, I was asked if I would sing the song at our church's Fall Association Meeting. So I guess I have another gig coming up!

I'm on my way to yet another rehearsal and then home to make a pot roast for tonight before I go to my next rehearsal this evening. Tomorrow is flutes, hospital shift and then choir rehearsal. Times flies when yer' having fun. I'll check up on all the posts when I get some time this afternoon.

The gas pipeline is almost in. I can also almost feel the warm Water in the pool.

Catch ya later, Violets!!

Tracy.. the cabinets are gorgeous!! You both did a great job!!

Laura.. first pot roast I've made in years and years. Kris got some beef from a co-worker and she said I could have what I wanted so I grabbed a round bone roast, a round steak, ribs and some ground beef. That should do us for a long time. I put in a ton of carrots and some potatoes. Sure hope it's as good as it looks!

Michelle.. our dogs are at the groomer right now. And their dog food has gone up to $30 a bag. And these are tiny little squirts!! What we don't do for our pets!

Well, the gas pipe guys have gone for the day. And the job isn't done. They found out they are missing a little part...... the one that connects the whole shebang to the gas! And here I was hoping to be in a warm pool tomorrow afternoon. I don't know when they will finish now if they can't locate that part. The guy says it wasn't in the bag when they opened it up. Sounds like a "man excuse" for "I opened the bag, the part fell out and I can't find it" to me!!

One rehearsal done and another one to go this evening. Plus I need to practice some flute parts for my rehearsal tomorrow. Can we say "music overload??"!!

Everyone have a great afternoon!

PamELa...soooooooo what did your students learn today?? And what did YOU learn today?? It's 86 degrees here right now and I am in an a/c house instead of a NON a/c classroom with 25 little munchkins who want to know when it's time to play, time to eat, time to nap, time to go home.... I know I made the right decision to retire when I did!!!

Sounds like a "man excuse" for "I opened the bag, the part fell out and I can't find it" to me!!

Tee hee, Judy!! That is EXACTLY what it sounds like.

Mmmmmm... pot roast. I make them monthly during the Fall & Winter... my family loves them & I love the crock pot, so it's all good.

I have been very, very good w/food today. When I felt hungry, I made 3 oz. of red meat. I can eat only a little of that, then it sticks & I don't want to eat anymore. Meat is the only thing that my band "stops" and the only thing that fills me up enough to kill the head hunger.

I am really whacked out. I know this. I am trying to work with it.

My doc says that my band is full to the brim... so the next time I think I need a fill I have to go to the hospital & do the florouscope thing... which I don't want to do... so I'm trying everything I can think of to get my band "working" again w/out it... I went to my regular doc last week and I'd GAINED 5 lbs in the 3 months since I'd last seen here... I told her that I'm always up & down w/that 5, she just caught me on an upswing... it's true... ugh.

Quick post from the classroom while the kiddos work on an getting to know you activity. I love it so far. They are 6th graders, so sweet and nice...so far! I am in a very interesting place today, very peaceful and relaxed...never have been this relaxed. Feels good.

The boys are all chubby hispanic boys who all look alike. The girlies are sweet...so far! Remind me of all this peaceful reflection in Feb.

What kind of meat do you buy to make a "pot roast"? I like the shredded meat. Wally world sells one already cooked and it is soooo good, but kinda fatty. I never know what to buy? Help!

Back to the chillrens...

When I make potroast, I buy a "Chuck Roast". They also have "Pot Roast" though don't they?

I haven't made that since last winter!! I love them, but timing doesn't work for me. They are 6 hours, and by time I get home from work it is too late and in the morning it would be too long.

I had 1/2 turkey sandwhich and a cup of broccoli cheese Soup for lunch. I love Jason's deli!!

I have been marinating steaks since last night, we're going to grill out tonight. We got an indoor grill from his parents for xmas, so this will be our first time using it.

All the funk from work last Friday has rolled over to today, I was hoping today would be a good day. I am just so frustrated with people here. And one of our vendors, stole one of our employees (we were firing anyway, no biggie), and now that company and the ex-employee are trying to steal our only lead pressman--so he is demanding a $6/hour raise to meet the offer they gave him. ARGH.

I got my title last week, they sent it registered mail which is such a pain.. I never have time to get to the post office during their business hours.. so I have to leave work early today to go get it. Now I can sell my car, if I wanted..

Glad you have better students this time around Pam!