Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Ok, How come mine says Re: Shrinkin' Violets ??????????

Weird.

Morning everyone

what a crazy weekend... Friday we went to BJ's and then happy hr which turned into happy night, which turned intom me asking someone to the wedding... ok so i was feeling no pain... but I have known this guy since 7th grade. Nice guy... but has expressed serious interest the last few times I've seen him so... I asked.... he gave me his number... so i called him yesterday to apologize..(I was wasted) and he called me back.... said no big deal... he was feeling pretty good himself... he bought me a drink (which he never buys anyone) said he enjoyed my company and blah blah blah

I was still wasted when I woke up at noon yesterday... bad. I am never like that and only had 4 drinks in 6 hours... something not right there.

so i had to get up and go to Lowes, we stopped in Friday night to see what they had on clearance for floor tiles, and we got a 5 burner stainless steel gas cook top (Kitchen aid) for $300! It was a $900 Stovetop, floor display marked down to $450 and my mom said lets make a deal and we got it for $300, they told us they do stuff like that all the time! That is the only appliance we need, and I'm going to try to sell my stove for $300 and that will be that!

Kat - I hope it is just swelling, you are in my prayers

Denise - congrats

Haydee - is your trip in October to NY? maybe we can hook up?

I'll drive to Ithaca - that is an easy one

Anyway.. just finished my coffee, and i'm going to take down the closet wall and carpet... I can't beleive i'm actually doing this!

Terry and Tracyk - stay safe...

HEY to everyone....

Laura, how are you feeling? baby wise!

oh... i could just keep going on....

Hey Violets~

Can you say LLLAAAZZZYYY! Yesterday we broke out the air mattress in the den and laid (or is it layed) out here and watched tv all day! I made roast and caulliflower and then...back to the bed. I took 2 naps yesterday and still managed to sleep nearly 9 hours. I guess it was time to catch up.

Hugs to my Texas violets...there is plenty of room at mi casa!

Terri, sending you extra prayers and purple power...keep us posted!

Kat, hoping you will post on Tuesday that you are all better! Waiting to hear, but hope you are having fun.

We are having Susanne's retirement party tonight. I originally was planning a bigger party which she did not really want. So, Monday night when we were in the pool, I asked about a small dinner party at our fav. resturaunt. When I called Rob and Charles they suggested a BBQ at their house (Cyd Charrese's). So, we are having a total of 8 people for steaks, salad...and cocktails! I will email a link to some pix so ya'll can see my new 'do and everyone.

So today, we are cleaning up the dog poo (I know ya'll are jealous...poo of a 140 lb dog is um...large to say the least). Klaus is 8 or 9 years old. Poor baby, used to sleep in my bed for the first 5 years, and has been outside since the night before my mom died (9-7-04). He has an enclosed patio, a bed, blanket, and a 1/4 acre yard to run and play in. It is not quite the situation he had in the beginning...but it will have to do.

Love Big Brother. Now we get to see them pick apart each other, hahaha!

Have a great day everyone!

xoxoxoxooxxoxo

YAY Jenn-glad you have a date for the wedding!

Judy-hope you have better luck next weekend for the choir get together. I will pray for no rain for you!

Pamela-who are you hoping to see win bb?

I WISH I could evacuate to Palm Springs....what a dream! ha

Big hugs and prayers sent to Terry!!! I wish there was something I could say now.

I went to bbchatter over at my moms last night and saw all that, are the shows live? What is up with Renny? What did she do?

I sort of like Dan to win, he seems to take the game into consideration with everything he does. For that reason I think he deserves to win.

Nothing new and exciting here, tomorrow I start my diet of no sweets except for three days in this month. Going to get any sweet dreams out of my mind today!!

Have a good day everyone and extra special thoughts to Terry and her family.

I would love Dan to win, however, he has MANY enemies...so who knows. I also like Keesha or Renny. Would prefer not Jerry or Memphis...don't think they've "played" enough game.

Off to costco to get steaks for tonight. Anyone need anything, lol, I wish it was that easy!

Spent the morning w/ my online classes already. They are soooo sweet, many are 23-25 years old. I have one student who is 53 and another about my age, but so far just newbies. I really like working w/ them. Many are first or second year teachers. Like me, I worked one year, then started my Master's degree...but I was 29 years old my first year!

Have a great one!

((Terry))

Morning all!

I have been laying in bed with Russell, the dog, and both cats (that is a first..normally I don't allow the dog on the bed, but Russell invited her up sometime this morning).

Decided I wanted to come work on some outfits for Secondlife store, and I got an e-mail, a random e-mail from someone that said "Damn for a so-called designer you'd think you'd be able to make your own ads instead of STEALING them!".. what the heck? LOL

World is full of stupid people.

I've never stolen an ad, so I'm curious to see who must have stolen MINE?!

I rented Mad Money on tivo last night, was a cute movie. We're going to go see College tonight. Looks stupid, but we can never agree on movies, so we both end up compromising to see something neither of us really wants to see.

Nothing new on the baby front, I seem to have mild cramping every morning..but the good news is, it looks like morning sickness is going to bypass me, all the books and stuff say people start having it a week ago. Yay me!

I went to bbchatter over at my moms last night and saw all that, are the shows live? What is up with Renny? What did she do?

I sort of like Dan to win, he seems to take the game into consideration with everything he does. For that reason I think he deserves to win.

The only episodes that are live are elimination night. The rest of the shows are recorded.

I would love Dan to win, however, he has MANY enemies...so who knows. I also like Keesha or Renny. Would prefer not Jerry or Memphis...don't think they've "played" enough game.

We are thinking exactly on the same lines. That is how I feel!

Off to costco to get steaks for tonight. Anyone need anything, lol, I wish it was that easy!

Could you pick me up a couple of steaks too?!

((Terry))

Nothing new on the baby front, I seem to have mild cramping every morning..but the good news is, it looks like morning sickness is going to bypass me, all the books and stuff say people start having it a week ago. Yay me!

God I hope you did not just jinx yourself!

Hi all -- Mom passed away earlier this afternoon. She didn't suffer and went peacefully and most importantly I got to be with her. My sister had just left to get 2 hrs of sleep because she had been stable for some time and we were looking at another all-nighter. She left and about 15 minutes later Mom was gone.

Anyway, I'm exhausted and spending a quiet evening at home with my family. Just wanted to thank you all for your love, support and prayers.

Hey Gals...

Well, today did not go as planned...

Woke up to my cat, Mo, making a very loud, unpleasant sound... kind of like if you stepped on an old squeeky toy... about once every 5 mins... he's been acting a bit odd lately & I've been keeping an eye on him to see if he's constipated (it's a rather common problem w/him, unfortunately)... so after about an hour of this I call his vet, who doesn't work on weekends... so then I call the Emergency Weekend Vet place & they want me to bring him in pronto in case he's got a ureter blockage...

So I take him in (of course, once I put him in the cat carrier he doesn't make a peep!)... we get there... they do a quick check... no pee-pee issues... so we wait... then they feel around & think he may have some hardened poop in there... so they take an x-ray... about 1/2 hour later the vet comes & gets me to come see the x-ray... and it very clearly shows that he has at least 2' of poop stuck in his intenstines! (2' of poop in a 1' cat!) The vet can't believe it... I told her that we're overachievers in our family.

So... they kept him to give him IV fluids & medicine that's supposed to kick his intestines into gear + enemas... they said that he should be ready tonight... I hadn't heard from them, so I just called them... they've done everything + given him 2 enemas... & NOTHING. Zip. Zilch. No poop. So they're keeping him over night. Poor guy!!

When I'd left the exam room to go look @ the x-ray, he got so upset that he pawed at my purse, scattered the contents all over the floor, & hopped into it! I have a pic of it on my cell phone. So I can only imagine how he's dealing w/being there all day & night w/enemas and an IV!

AND... dh is NONE TOO PLEASED! I could go on about that angle, but why?? I'm sure you can imagine.

I've been @ my sister's the rest of the day... just got home... I feel bad for Mo the cat... :thumbdown: