Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Wait, your WHAT?

juan's mom. everyone calls her that... i call her mama maggie... i know, i know...:tt2:

Good catch on that one, Laura... I didn't even notice... "MIL"... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Am off to watch my first HS JV soccer game... in the rain! It hasn't rained here in more than a month and it picks today to start?? Lovely...

TTFN!

and on that note.....

leaving now...

Terry - i'm gonna go run a quick errand then i'll see you at 6...

Have a good night girlies. Me and Terry will drink a few Sangrias for ya'll...

Very long day for me and I didn't even work today. Spent 4 hours in court this morning. Horrible custody case with neighbors and I'm a witness for the defendent. Still have to go back, I haven't even been interviewed yet.

Got my Secret Santa and couldn't be happier. Now I need to hit the stores.

Judy, October????? Hubby and I are talking about shutting ours down next week.

For any of you that might be interested or you can tell your hubbies if they are interested. Sunday afternoon on ESPN they are showing a High School Footbal game. It between Blue Springs South High and Rockhurst High. South High school is within walking distance to my house and that is where David Cook went to. So Judy and Jane need to wear there Blue Springs South Jaguar T-Shirts sunday.

Have a great evening everyone.

Hey Ladies~

Holy crap...I've been so busy, I barely have time to read the LBT thread, let alone books for pleasure. Unless, of course, you consider dissertations "pleasure reads". One day, I will read books again. I did get through 2 "no brainers" during the summer...Jackie Collins and Danelle Steel. Did not care for the Steel book...but read all of it. Usually I read half a book. Right now, I am in the "middle" of Secret Lives of Bees, Friday Night Knitting Club, and Five People You Meet in Heaven! Knitting is good, but slow and the other two were great, but I am too busy!:biggrin: Perhaps I'll finish my books next summer.

Sat through an all day training...OMG, that sucked sooooo bad! Boring and painful. My fat ass sat on a bench designed for a 12 year old ass...bad bad bad!

Have a great night everyone. I am gonna watch our next president's speech! (love ya Laura). The other night when Hillary spoke, Susanne and I cried. It should have been her. But I also like him, so it is win win! Yes, I am that passionate about it. Hey, I have a lady who cleans so I never get to clean the toilet. Gotta be passionate about something!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Laura - don't forget you're not alone on the political front. I'm here with you. Dems just scare me, plain and simple. Not to mention that our taxes are getting ready to go thru the freakin' roof. Maybe I'll just quit work and go on Welfare. What's the point of working if I can't even keep my money? I EARNED it.

I just read Catcher in the Rye for the first time ever about 3 months ago. Just always wondered why it was a classic and what it was about. I need the Cliff notes on it or something....I just didn't get it at all.

Just got back from a lovely dinner with Haydee. Aren't ya'll jealous?? I had to send back my first dish for being too salty....and PB'd my second dish! Hmmmph. Oh well, the wine and the company were excellent!! :biggrin:

Good evening, Violets..

It's true what they say. Friends should not discuss religion or politics. So let's call a truce. I know I brought it up, but I was thrilled with my shirt being too big. From now on it's zzzzzzzippppppppppppppp about politics. NOW, about my church.. :biggrin::lol:

I guess everything is smoothing out with DIL and DS. She's back home and will be dropping Ethan off here tomorrow on her way to work. Ethan is starting to talk a little more. When he's on the couch in the living room and I'm working at the computer, I'll all of a sudden hear him say........ "HELLO?? HELLLLO!!" It's so darn cute. Then of course when he wants me it's "mom mom".

I get my eyes examined tomorrow. I cannot wait to get some new lenses. These are so scratched up I can barely read anything. I want to get the lenses that change with the sunlight. I hate carrying around the clip on sunglasses or having to switch glasses to prescription sunglasses.

Michelle.. how did the soccer game go?? I remember those days well.

Suzie!!! Shutting your pool down next week??? Even here in Northern Michigan I never shut ours down until the middle of September. We always have Indian summer in September and I want to swim as much as possible before I have to give it up. It's supposed to be in the 80's all week next week. Sure am glad I'm at home and not teaching in a NON air conditioned classroom.

We got back a little bit ago from Kris and Nathan's. They are getting new carpeting tomorrow and we went with his folks to help move furniture since Kris isn't able to do that with that little baby in her tummy. Nathan brought home pizza for supper. I sat and watched everyone eat. No way can I eat pizza. I probably should have pulled the top off of a couple of pieces, but I didn't feel like eating cheese and pepperoni. Sooooo we stopped at the store on the way home and I got some crab salad. I ate that and it was yummy. I have enough left for lunch tomorrow. We go back on Saturday and help put everything back and then head to the Arts and Crafts show. There will be over 600 booths to check out. I can't wait! It's the biggest craft show in Northern Michigan and happens every Labor Day weekend only a couple of miles from Kris's house.

Time for me to think about getting ready for bed. Got to be up and showered and out the door by 9:30 tomorrow morning. I know that's late for you working gals, but it's the middle of the night for us retired folks!! :cursing:

Everyone have a great night. sleep well...

How would you complete the following sentence: In his prime, no one was a bigger heart-throb than ...

• Robert De Niro
  • Cary Grant
  • Robert Redford
  • Clint Eastwood
  • Jack Nicholson

:biggrin: :cursing: :thumbup: Cary Grant :sneaky: :blink::angry:

they are all still hot in their own way. Robert Redford was SOOOO FREAKIN' HOT in Up Close and Personal w/ Michelle Phiffer (sp). He took my breath away as he waited for her at the bottom of the escalator...oooo man...

Good one Susie...nice note to end the day on, lol!

they are all still hot in their own way. Robert Redford was SOOOO FREAKIN' HOT in Up Close and Personal w/ Michelle Phiffer (sp). He took my breath away as he waited for her at the bottom of the escalator...oooo man...

Good one Susie...nice note to end the day on, lol!

Pssssssssssssssssst PamELa..... Cary Grant isn't with us anymore. I think that makes him not so hot as the others.

Morning gals,

i'll catch up later, running late... i hate pms week, never even close to on time

Hugs to you all

Pssssssssssssssssst PamELa..... Cary Grant isn't with us anymore. I think that makes him not so hot as the others.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::biggrin:

Actually, my favorite isn't on that list. Of the old-time movie stars Gregory Peck is my favorite. Wowser.

And how about Tom Cruise in Top Gun?? Hello????

Kevin Costner??? Swoon!!!

Mine wasn't on the list...but for old school it is definitely:

Marlon Brando. (when he was young)