Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

They wouldn't let me half-order the bbq shrimp from TGIF's, so I got 2 skewers full. I ate 2 at the restaurant, just ate 1 more in my office, and going to see how many more I can eat before I explode.. they are so good.. mmmmm.

One more post for good luck teehee.

One of my co-workers was talking about this book she's reading right now, she said it's been all over the tv (I never heard of it) called The Shack.. true story, she said it's really sad and about a guy who loses everything, his kid dies or something (without ruining the story because she wasn't that far into it and she was all over the place).

http://theshackbook.com/

That's on my list currently behind the Water book.

God works in mysterious ways! I looked up "The Shack" to get you the website, and in the process, I saw it said he's also the author of "So You Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore". Realized he's a religious writer of sorts.. then I went to Amazon to order The Curious Dog thing.. and it recommended "So You Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore". OK! So I just went to read the synopsis & reviews:

This book is perfect for people who have been alienated by the Christian church.

That's familiar. I think I told you guys when we were in V, about how I am Christian but I won't go to church again because of the judgementalness of the people at the church I grew up in blah blah.. I don't get warm fuzzies from church, so ironic to stumble across this.

Haydee,

Tuesdays with Morrie

and

Five People You Meet in Heaven

Both easy reads, that will make you sniffle! Both by the same author.

Haydee,

Tuesdays with Morrie

and

The author is Mitch Albom and he has another one called 'For one more day'. A tear jerker as well, but fabulous!

Haydee,

Tuesdays with Morrie

and

These two I have already read. I have them on my bookshelf! They are both really good...

how about "HOT SEX IN THE CAMPER TONIGHT!" by TN Doogoody

teehee I crack my self up

is that really a book I want to take on a 16hr bus ride with my mother in law by my side?? LOL!

Mitch Albom writes the sports column for the Detroit Free Press. It's one column in the paper I look forward to reading. He's an awesome writer. I've read Tuesdays with Morrie and Five People You Meet in Heaven. Tear jerkers for sure.

I bought the "For One More Day" and some reason I couldn't get into it :tt2:

Trying to think of all the other books I liked reading.. Books are always different from the movie, so like K-Pax the book was really good, completely different perspective from the movie.. I Am Legend- I REALLY loved this one, because the movie left me asking a lot of questions, that the book answers.. book gives you more background and the people that are dead were actually his friends blah blah, then it has a bunch of short stories in the back of the book that are seriously twisted.. I liked!

I like Maya Angelou's books, I still haven't finished them all, but I got em for a rainy day.. she wrote all her novels as a sort of auto-biography. "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" is one of the better ones... and "And Still I Rise"

Catcher in the Rye, one of my favorites.. and I was looking up Perks of Being A Wallflower, said he was influenced by Catcher in the Rye--I can definitely see that!

Oh hah and my favorite book of all times, A Wrinkle in Time.. it's technically a kids novel, but I love that book. I read it once every couple of years. I know your library would have it!

Edited by FairyFacade

is that really a book I want to take on a 16hr bus ride with my mother in law by my side?? LOL!

Wait, your WHAT?

oh and btw ........... the book I mentioned was FAKE...... or the one in my head..... whatever! LOL

I'm actually reading a couple of historical books on lady's of the west.

One features the women behind all the wild bunch guys.. Billy the Kid, Doc Hollidy, and the rest. Pretty interesting. I bought them while in SD. The other is about Soiled Doves.