Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Morning girls. How is everyone today?? Busy day yesterday. Today more of the same... Boss is back from out of town and my desk looks like a landfill... kill me now...

I hate that I'm complaining about such petty stuff with everyone having so much more life altering stuff going on. I always need to keep that in mind. That however bad I think my day is going that it's nothing compared to what others are going through...

TracyKS - I'm so sorry about what your mom went through. I can't even imagine. I'm praying that the shots helped...

Judy - There's not alot of parents like you out there... Me and Juan were talking yesterday about how fortunate we were to have parents that support us and that stand by us through whatever we might be going through and we realized that not everyone has these type of parents. Your family is extremely blessed to have you and Bob in their lives...

Pammy - you so lucky... you should kiss Susanne's feet every night... Oh how I wish I could come home to a cooked dinner, a clean house, laundry done! Are we jealous girls???

My band is really weird. Seriously. I had already scheduled another fill because generally I can eat eggs, bread, whatever for Breakfast but today I'm having trouble with my yogurt. Every bite is just sitting in my chest. Ugh. I don't know what to do...

Just watched the Dem convention, I can honestly say that I have never been that passionate about anything!!!! People are crying and carrying on...

people are just so frustrated and they've felt so hopeless for so long that now that they see a glimmer of a possibility of change and their emotions get the best of them... I hope that passion that everyone has this election gets directed towards making positive changes. Be it a democrat or a republican in the white house...

Oh yeah, Pam... your description of your evening made me think: "Day-um, I need me a WIFE, too!!" :smile2:

Haydee, I feel your pain. Yesterday I did a really "novice bander" thing & gobbled down some scrambled eggs w/cheese quickly & WOWZA... the pain! I never pb'd, but they just sat there & tortured me for HOURS! Actually, I bet pb'ing would've been preferable!! Esp. as I was at school the whole time so I had to act fine!!

TracyK... I cry & carry on when cleaning toilets, too... it's my absolute LEAST FAV household cleaning chore... blech!

Hi everyone.

I weighed in this morning at 185.0.

This, my friends, is totally UNACCEPTABLE. Now, I'm pissed.

Hah it's funny how we all react according to our own views!

Russell and I watched part of the Democratic convention last night, and we were bursting up laughing through most of it!

And woohoo on the NSV Judy, even though the shirt was not my taste :smile2: I could have told you an XL would be too big, you're a little woman!!

Tracy, I googled it, and came up with postradiation morphea and received more results.. this sounds familiar!

Postradiation morphea. [J Rheumatol. 1998] - PubMed Result

We describe a 54-year-old woman who developed right breast morphea after radiotherapy following a lumpectomy for infiltrating lobular carcinoma. Skin biopsy confirmed the histological features of morphea. Treatment was initiated with both topical and intralesional steroid, resulting in marked improvement. Morphea following radiotherapy is an infrequently recognized phenomenon. However, when diagnosed early it may be effectively managed with local steroid treatment.

After googling the other version of spelling, looks like a lot of articles about post breast cancer radiation.

Relax ya'll, you'll have a full 3 months to shop!! I am sending out the Santa list now. I drew names last night (at home), but all the information (addresses, etc.) are at work!

Hi everyone.

I weighed in this morning at 185.0.

This, my friends, is totally UNACCEPTABLE. Now, I'm pissed.

:smile2: :thumbsup: :crying::crying::thumbsup::lol:

:eek: Turn it around sister!

Ok, everyone should have received their Secret Santa info.. and a V Contact List.

If you did not get it, let me know!

Hah it's funny how we all react according to our own views!

Russell and I watched part of the Democratic convention last night, and we were bursting up laughing through most of it!

!

No prob, Laura. The Bobster and I will be doing the same thing during the Republican Convention. You think McCain will be up that late??? He's older than me, ya know. ( couldn't resist)..

Postradiation morphea (correct spelling)

I can not believe the doctor spelled wrong to me... but thanks to you all.... I did a google search and came across the Johns Hopkins Breast Cancer forum where it was asked about ONCE! 2 years ago!

Q:

I have been diagnosed with postradiation morphea, an side effect of radiation after a lumpectomy 13 years ago. I have been to a dozen doctors and what I get is "out of my expertise" "never seen anything like it" and just plain "i don't know". My breast is completely encompased by this morphea and it cause pain 90% of the time. It is warm to the touch, but has sensations of cold and wetness.I am told I am "one in a million" and now they are talking a masectomy as my only option. Any Thoughts? I am frustrated to the point of screaming.

A:

consider coming here for consultation about this. call 443-287-2778. let's see what our experts think.

Also, I emailed that guy from Yale who authored the paper you mentioned Laura...

for all we know mom might be someone they want to look at.

Yeah, Tracy... I googled it this a.m., also, and started copying down links... & then I thought, "duh, this is just what she is going to do & she'll get the same links as you" so I stopped. So not really helpful, huh. Sorry!

I got my Secret Santa name, I got my Secret Santa name!! Is it YOU??

I know that you guys are much more computer friendly than I, so I am letting you guys google things, plus I probably woulnd't know how to post it!!

Tracyk, there is NO hurry on the book, I want it back by...January! I am a slow reader, so I think everybody could read that book and I still would be reading something else.

Congrats to both Tracys for their weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to the shower!!!

The Dr. at Yale answered me back!

Dear Ms. Wilkerson,

Thank you for the feedback, and I am happy for any role my article has played in helping with your mother's condition.

Please give my regards to Dr. Aires who, as s a Yale medical student, completed his thesis in my laboratory.

Kind regards,

Dr. Girardi

How classy is that!

:lol: :thumbsup: :crying::eek::thumbsup::crying:

:thumbsup: Turn it around sister!

I'm really gonna try, Tracy.

Y'know what I figured out? If I quit smoking and still wanted to lose weight, I'd only be able to eat about 800 calories a day....MAX. My metabolism is slower than a snail's. Exercise is absolutely essential....Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Gotta figure out what form it will take. No time for going to the gym....needs to be something at home.

On the bright side (sorta), my sister probably weighs 280+?......besides having two bad knees that she's already had operations on, she now has a bad back that will also require surgery. That coulda been me ..........but it won't be. :smile2: