Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Mom has:

Post Radiation Morfia

First attempt at treatment will be injected steroids down deep into the tissue, and also a topical cream. They started the very painful injections today. Mom and I were not prepared (me mentaly, her physically) It was really hard... I tried to be strong and the tough one while she was screaming and flinching and telling them to stop.... it really got me and I nearly passed out.... SERIOUSLY..... I got queezy and a black fog started closing in on me until all I had left was a little pin hole sized bit of light and room......... before it totally closed I told the medical student that I was going to pass out and I started walking toward a chair.. I only had a pin hole sized view so I ran into him and the table and then the chair, I then put my head between my legs and took deep breaths until the fog started separating......... I was mentally forcing myself NOT to pass out...... it was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me... I doubt I will ever forget it.... I was also sweating..... the entire time I was like.. shake IT OFF TRACY YOU HAVE TO BE STRONG FOR MOM.......

So anyway............. post radiation morfia....... not a lot of documentation on it. I will explain more later.......... I'm tired now.

Jane - yes, I got your check and deposited it yesterday, I think. Thank you!!

Had a very busy day today putting the finishing touches on these geology field trips I'm coordinating....30 rockheads heading for CO and UT. If these guys make one more change I'm going to kill the lot of 'em and be done with it. So then went after work and had 3 glasses of wine with my GF, then to visit mom, now just getting home. DH is at a business function and isn't home yet. I am so looking forward to the 4 day weekend I have coming up!!! I'm weary!!

Judy's quiet, eh?

I'm gonna go get my jammies on soon and head for bed.

Niters!

Wow, Tracy!!! How scary!! Nothing like that's ever happened to me either!! Yikes! I'm so sorry :thumbup: You're so strong. I'm proud of you.

Tracy, that sounds horrid. Does she have to go thru these shots alot? Glad your home and can regain your composure. That had to been awful for both of you.

That sounds horrid Tracy!!! What happens if that doesn't work?

Suzie, here we go

Surely as cometh the winter I know there are spring violets under the snow.

Just watched the Dem convention, I can honestly say that I have never been that passionate about anything!!!! People are crying and carrying on. Although I will say I am not really one for the spotlight, but I would like to come into a room where everyone has 'Jane' or 'Randolph' signs!

I hope all is okay with Judy!!

Wow Tracy! What an experience... for both you & your mom. Yikes!

Here's another lovely quote from a plaque (is that the right way to spell it or is that the gunk on your teeth?? Ha!! I'm the editor, I should know... but it's too early, honestly...) that my friend also gave me yesterday. Funny that I posted only the funny one yesterday. I'm really not a plaque person, but... she said it made her think of me, which is nice:

"If you planted hope today in any hopeless heart,

If someone's burden was lighter because you did your part,

If you caused a laugh that chased a tear away,

If tonight your name is mentioned when someone kneels down to pray,

They your day was well spent."

It makes me think of ALL THE VI'S...

Make it a good day, everyone!

(((hugs))) Tracy. I hope you both do not have to go thru that too often. We are thinking of you sista!

Good morning everyone!

Laura-when are you e-mailing the secret santa stuff? lol I mean it is almost already SEPTEMBER! :lol: I am just curious more than anything.

Judy-hope all is gong well for you and your family. :smile2:

I need to get Macy ready for school. bbl

Thanks Jane.

Where's Laura with our Secret Santa List?

Busy day ahead for me.

Everyone have a great day and don't forget it's CTCD.

Buenos Dias Violets~

Another day here!!! I came home from work and Susanne had dinner ready! I only had to make my salad...I love that. Oh yeah, all the laundry was done, the house perfect, and she was ironing. Man, I got it good:biggrin:

I came home from work, worked on homework for 30 min, then worked on Walden for 4 hours!!! I was freakin' tired, brain started to turn to mush. LOL, it was funny, I was pretty stupid after all that work.

TracyKS~ WOW what a story...stay strong for your mom! Keep us posted and we will add her to the purple power/prayer circle.xoxox

Everyone else...have a great day...do great things...love yourself first!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

OK......... so if ANY of you find info on POST RADIATION MORFIA, I would love a link!

How it was explained by the head of hemotology, and the other doc and the KU medical student....... this tissue that has been exposed to radiation is trying to regenerate, and in fact it is OVERdoing it which is why it is SO tough. It is creating more cells and not being allowed to expand.. so in effect it is OVERregenerating. The sterioids and cream are meant to Thin out the affected area. This is uncommon and rare because it generally doesn't show itself for 6-12 years post radiation.

(So when it was only Mom, The Student and Myself in the room) I got into a conversation with the student telling him that he will most likely see a lot more of this in his career because so many more peole are SURVIVING cancer after radiation, and that I thought it was so rare because alot of past cancer survivors don't make it to the 6-12 year mark. Later, when I was trying to calm mom down in the car I told her that she most likely affected that young doctor for the rest of his life and in his future practice.....

She goes back in 3.5 weeks for more injections and to see if it did any good. If this doesn't work, she might be headed toward a masectomy, but we are not going there right now.

Good morning, Violets..

Had a busy day yesterday and didn't get to post. Ethan was here for the morning and then I had choir rehearsal in the evening. Things are going ok here. Jen is still at her girlfriend's, but Joe doesn't seem to mind. He says it's much calmer without her around. He's a great daddy.. so I'm just taking care of Ethan and waiting to hear what happens. She is severely depressed, but can't afford the $500+ a month for the medications she needs. I HATE the health care system we have.

TracyinKS.. here's a link I found. eMedicine - Morphea : Article by Kendra G Bergstrom

I experienced the same thing you did when I went in with my mom for eye surgery. I got so light headed and had to sit down also, but we made it through. We daughters do what we have to do when push comes to shove. My mom has been gone for 4 years now and I still think of her every day. I know she'd be so proud and happy at what I've accomplished and her grandchildren and great grandchildren have done. I tell you, it's really, really strange for me to be the grandma now. I'm not used to this old age stuff. Don't think I ever will be, but it's not anything I can change.

Ethan's been here all day everyday for most of this week. I don't know if Jen will be back on Monday or not. Time will tell. Joe doesn't seem concerned about it, but I'm not sure he knows this might be permanent. I'm just going to take it a day at a time and hope for the best.

Gotta go read the Foot Book for the billionth time to Ethan. Everyone have a great day!

NSV. I ordered an Obama O8 long sleeved t shirt, XL. It arrived yesterday and it's tooooooooo big. But I'm wearing it anyway! I'm proud to be a Democrat, proud of Obama (sorry, Laura) and WAY proud that an XL is too big!

Suzie... the pool heater is IN. Now it's waiting for the guys to dig the gas line. The pool guy said one of his customers had their pool open through November and it cost them $400 a month to heat it that last month! :smile2: I'm aiming to have it open through October and that's it. But at least we can open it up in April next year instead of June.

I would have to choose the mastectomy before I would have pain like that. But, thats just me. Women vary with opinions. My mom would do shots as to where I am more of a baby and would say "off with them".

More power to you & your mom Tracy! I feel so bad that you all are going through this. I will keep my eyes open for info on PRM.

Judy-I am glad you posted. You were on my mind and then I saw your post then had to edit mine :smile2:

Jenn-how long is the job you are on now expected to last?

Terry & Haydee-lets keep our fingers crossed that Gustav stays away!

Laura-how is little mama doin' this morning?

Jane-yes I did get the book and you should be getting it back in a week or so. Thanks again!

Pam & Jane-I loved ollies antics on the show. What a dummy. Did he really think Dan is that stupid?

Suzie-you sure have a busy schedule. Hope you are taking care of YOU!

Denise-how are things going for you & your family? Keep us updated!

Michelle-I really like that quote! Reminds me of the violets too!

I gotta run...have a great day everyone and I will check back in later.

Just watched the Dem convention, I can honestly say that I have never been that passionate about anything!!!! People are crying and carrying on.

I scrubbed my toilets last night. Same thing pretty much.

I cried and carried on too.

(sorry....I had to say that) :smile2: