Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Me either Terry---but I have known of people to do it! My cousins wife up and left her 3 kids, and for years barely saw them. They are all the same ages as our kids 26-29----and then she remarried a few years ago, and has 2 more kids like 3 & 5 years old!

And one of my best friends he married a woman who had 2 kids from 2 previous marriages (we tried to tell him she was psycho!) they went on to have 2 kids, and when she left him for the next guy, she left the kids they had together as well as the other 2! He went on to raise them all, and they were so lucky to have him!

I cannot imagine leaving my child, but frankly if she can, then I think Ethan is better off without her! I woud hate being in the position, but I also know I would step up and raise any of my grandkids if life made it that way. As much as I loved my kids----it just grows onto the grandkids!!! I couldn't leave them in the cold anymore than my own. I feel where you are at Judy.

Today is going to consist of cleaning house! I can hardly contain my excitement!!! I also have to get us packed for the rally. Rick put out his clothes this morning. He said he felt better this morning, he was not feverish. I am afraid I am going to catch it just in time for the rally. Be about fitting wouldn't ya say??!!

Jenn, my Dad made a comment in regards to my first husband walking all over me......which he did repeatedly. I had never been around divorce, the thought was just foreign to me! I mean my grandparents and parents were or have all been married for over 50 years!!! I was the first divorce!! So it took awhile for me to accept the death of the marriage, and even longer to accept the death of the dreams I had for that marriage. So one day he told my friend something along the lines that I had let Shane walk on me for years, and finally one day as he stopped to wipe his feet, I finally got mad! And I did!!! And that anger propelled me to do what I needed to do, and got Manda and I out of the situation. Now, there is no anger, no love, no anything, I seriously look at him and am kind of in awe that I was ever married to him! It is such a wierd thing, to have strong feelings for so long, first love, then hate, now nothing! But it does come And it is so worth going through all the feelings. It is ok to be mad at him, and if he doesn't like it or if it hurts him, that is just too bad. The same brain injury that makes him forget to call, and all the other things he uses it as an excuse for can numb, and help him forget the hurt from you not being there at his beck and call anymore! Do NOT try to cover up being mad at him. That anger will give you POWER!!

One of the lovely jobs I have today is to defrost my frost free freezer! When the ice maker froze up, it froze up my tubes leading to it, so it is still not working, and I am furious!!!! So now I have to thaw it all out. I am so sick of this lemon fridge! I told Rick, when we get rid of it, I will donate it----but we will remove the ice maker, so they know it does not work!

I have sore muscles from last night--but it sure was fun!!!

I want a pool too Pamela. Rick tells me, it would take up the entire yard! I calmly explained it would not take up any more room than the shop!!! Shut him up---it did, it did!!

Think I will just take some hamburger out and let Rick grill burgers tomorrow night for his friend. Tonight he is getting leftovers -- he has a bunch to choose from!!! We have rolled tacos (taquitos) I made the other night---I got them way hot though!!! And he has a pot of Soup in there, and roast beef and gravy......he can have a smorgasbord!!!

Can you tell I am rambling so I do not have to clean??!! Guess I better get on it!

Hugs!

Kat

Poopy day, don't want to be at work again today!

I think it has to do with the weather, the Fay "Depression".. sure is, I just want to sleep all day.

I'm getting a record amount of bizarre call-ins today. Everyone wanting weird quantities, of weird items, and have weird stories.

Then the complaints.. oh the wonderful complaints. I get so tired of the manufacturing business sometimes.

People either understand things, or they don't. If they don't, they're always right, despite what they don't know. Argghwhweruhwldfkdfg.

And I REALLY want one of my caffein pills, I am dragging so bad without caffein. coffee just isn't quite the same, and I don't like the taste!

Oh, I made the Chess Pie last night for Russell. I think I told ya'll the story behind that.. if not, it's not that exciting. But Pie crusts come in sets of 2, so I made a normal one, and then a chocolate coconut one. YUM.. the chocolate one was awesome. He liked the normal one.

Then we watched a movie for his b'day.. We picked out The Man From Earth.. think that's the name. Jeeeeez. The reviews said it was like Kpax-which we both really liked. But this movie was really low budget, and the entire thing took place in one room. About 1 hour into it, Haydee texted me, so I was texting her, and I realized.. the movie is THREE HOURS LONG?! I was like crap.. then it ends up our Tivo was just being weird, it wasn't 3 hours long.. whew.

The movie had some interesting 'make you think' points, it's about a guy who has lived 14,000 years.. he was a caveman, and he's just been around forever, and how he's evolved due to knowledge.. neat premise.. but toward the end he reveals he was "Jesus", which is actually a term made up by blah blah blah lots of talking.. and he condensed the New Testaments into 100 words. Acting was horrible, but I liked the thought provoking info. One lady was offended by everything he said, she she blows up every 2 minutes, and everyone calms her down.

Well whatever.. it was a weird movie, not worth boring you guys!

Where are you guys today?

Ok Today is the LAST DAY to sign up for Secret Santa Exchange!

I am drawing the names tonight!!!! :cursing:

I'm sitting in my moms home office pecking on her puter waiting for her to get off work so we can go to the appointment.....

I want to try those tomatoe things...

Kat: you crack me up... my house is a mess but sitting here in my moms SPOTLESS house makes me wish I could be like pammy and hire someone to clean it! Oh.. got the ol hairy beasts above my eyes waxed today... (it is sooooo worth having it done) I think I'm getting to be high maintenance! :cursing:

:cursing: :Banane25: :huh2: :Banane25: :unsure: :thumbup: :crying:

Secret Santa Exchange

:crying: :mellow: :crying: :cool2: :crying: :w00t: :huh2:

still waiting........ I am so bored....

so Laura, hows the online classes going? I'm looking into that right now.. whats your take on it?

They're DONE!

I guess you missed my panic attack the night before we went to Jamaica and she threw me an unexpected 5 page paper 4 hours before I planned to go to bed?

If you decide to do it, make sure you go through a real University. Don't do the like Virginia College, Phoenix, etc.. they're not accredited.

Say the UofKansas (example, make sure they have distance learning courses), you apply as a normal student, and then when you register, sign up for their distance learning classes.

I liked in person classes better myself, but we moved from New Mexico to Alabama and I was only 2 semesters shy of a BA degree.. so I took UNM's distance learning classes to finish it.

The big difference is, if you were in class, you'd be discussing and feedback etc.. to make up for no human contact, you do a LOT of writing.. discussion boards (like this forum!) but much less interesting topics, and requirements of how many words & how many posts you do each week, a lot of papers to show you read the assignment, etc.

Kat

thanks... I am angry and not hiding it.... I need to stop eating ... oh wait... finally got my period this afternoon and I can't even drink water... i don't know what's up with that... I can eat like no tomorrow when i'm super PMS and then i get it and swell up and can't breathe.

I don't know how to get back on track.... i'll figure it out.

working this weekend, getting the carpet up where i'm going to tile and take down the closet wall.... i'm getting excited about the kitchen...8-10 weeks for the cabinets but it will take me that long to get the place ready so that is good....

oh well, off to high school orientation night... yipee

House is done.....and I ate too much salad for lunch, I should have known better with my stomach being so touchy----now I feel yucky!!!!

My server has been down a good part of the day again.

Well I am going to go move some Water in the yard, and pick tomatoes.

See y'all later!

Kat

Hey V's~

Busy day...I've got 2 interviews tonight, then I post later. I am about 2 or 3 to go...then it is finished!!! Next up, writing chapter 4!

Oh yeah, I have to get my online classes ready for tonight too!! Students start popping in tomorrow...so my shit better be together!

Judy...thinking about you!

xoxoxoxo

Funny yet appropriate for me belated birthday card that I received today at lunch w/my friend (it's a "Maxine" the grumpy old lady card):

"There are women our age who run marathons! And I say, "Good for you!"

<open the card>

"Leaves more margaritas for the rest of us."

Tee Hee

G'night!

Almost 8 O'Clock, where my Secret Santa person????????

I can see!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy, had a bad headache all day today wearing the wrong glasses. I really didn't think I had that bad of eyesight, but I guess it is all in how you get used to it!!

TracyK did you ever get the book I sent you?

Terry did you get the check for the brac? I see you haven't cashed it which is perfectly fine, but since it came from the bank I wanted to make sure you got it.

I am tired and going to hit the sack soon!!!

Have a good night!!!

Oh suzie I will post that soon!!!!

Jane, I got to work tonight and realized that I didn't have my glasses in their case. I had to go the whole evening squinting. Made me think, did you get your glasses fixed. Hope so.