Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Oh, wanted to rant about my sister.

She got out of rehab, and she has things she has to do. IOP 2x a week, and for insurance to cover IOP she has to go to AA/NA 2x a week. She has to get a job, she has to check in where she is going (with my parents), and weekly drug testing.

She still hasn't gotten a job, she's out with her friends all the time, and always going to Nashville to visit her girlfriend. My parents are still giving her money freely (We had talked about how this is an enabling act, and they wouldn't do it.. but they are again!??!) I can't point out to them how they are doing the wrong things with her, so I just have to watch and go DUH?!

She has been skipping AA/NA, which is irresponsible, because now insurance won't pay for IOP. She doesn't care of course, since it's not coming from her money.

Meanwhile, Sunday she was leaving and said she was going to the Hooka lounge. Hello?! They smoke that weird drug, it's not illegal (yet), but someone trying to recover, does NOT need to hang out at a hooka lounge, smoking a 'legal' drug that gets you high.

Just a matter of time before she's back into her crap.

She's already gushed (and has through the years) about babysitting my kids, and it's always been in the back of my mind, I wouldn't trust my kids with her.. she's not changing that mentality for me, and lately she keeps bringing it up and I just have to smile and nod.

Does your sister know about your pregnancy, Laura?? If so, I would let her know in no uncertain terms that she will NOT be babysitting until she gets her shit together. I know.. sweet, innocent Judy. But it's the way I feel. She has no business being around your baby acting the way she does and doing the things she does. You need to protect that baby from her. And I agree with you 100%. Your parents are enablers if they are still giving her money. Tough love it just that... tough. But you have to look at the big picture and what you want the end result to be.

End of sermon. Amen.

She does know, and no, I would not let her babysit. That's what I'm saying, she's been all excited about it--I'm not causing a fight about it this early on, but I know I wouldn't allow it.

And to make matters more interesting, she's been asking me and my mom 'How can you get pregnant, what is ovulating, etc." kind of questions.. then she said "What if I end up pregnant?" and my mom didn't even give her a response, I just said "Well, since you're a lesbian--and you didn't finish school to be able to educate yourself (I was bein funny)-- another girl can't get you pregnant". I have this sinking feeling one of these days she's going to be stupid and try to get knocked up so she can have a baby to play with :/

Since she's asking.. you should just tell her that there's a little procedure she will need to go through in order to get pregnant.. it's called sterilization. It means that the drugs will be cleaned out of her system and she'll get pregnant with her girlfriend. Think that'll work??????

OMG - that's great, Judy!! LOL

I've been wondering about your sister, Laura.

The rehab people would have a shit fit with your parents if they knew!! Haven't your parents ever seen INTERVENTION?? Maybe they need to sit down and watch about 10 episodes in a row and then they'll get it. Maybe!

Worst nightmare ever: Laura's sister having a child!! Your parents ready to 'start over' again?? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura-i am so sorry that your family is going through that with your sister. Addiction is a tough thing for everyone in the family.

Hi girls~

Laura, maybe verbalizing how she is not following her recovery plan, and until she does, you don't think she is up to babysitting would give her a recovery goal. Doubtful, but possible, it would also set an example of tough love for your parents. Girl, they must be sooooooooo proud of you and how you conduct your life, you are the one child they can breath easy over! Good for you!

Well Suzanne, the escapees, are not from around here, although that does not mean they would not be around here. There were still 7 loose last night when I heard on the news, one having been picked up in TX already---which the area they escaped from is much closer to TX than to me. Our area is not someplace I would imagine them to go.....we have a large polic presence. They have a tri city area agreement, for instance a Farmington officer can stop me in Aztec, or Bloomfield ---or any other combination of those. Add to that--the town I live in is the county seat, so the Sheriffs office is located here, so all deputies going out, to patrol the county do so through here, and all of our main roads are state hiways----so the New Mexico State Police are out in force as well. So for a small area we are policed by 5 different entities. Now all that being said, we still have an enormous drunk driving problem. The escapees, might head for the reservation if they think they can fit in, as no one can touch them without Tribal ok.

I am keeping the garage door locked, and the screen latched, and Kinsey is not allowed out alone. Better safe than sorry!! I understand they are all violent, and one is in for killing a child.

Wierd but our newspaper has not run a single story about it, no pictures to study---nothing---makes me mad, such a sad excuse for a paper!

Rick is still sick, he has it in his chest, and I am imagining he will go to the Dr. by tomorrow if it is not better. His Mom is making me crazy, she calls wanting to bring him medicine, and offering to make him soup......which is all fine, she IS his Mom, but she says she will do it, with the attitude that I won't. He has a pot of his very favorite Soup in the fridge and a bowl at work with him----and I have a box full of medicine in the linen closet, I gave him several options, and he refused them all.

And she told my DIL that he come over the other day to help his Dad do something and he ate like a starving man, and she even said it in front of him, that he ate an entire pan of cornbread, and he told her he did not he had 2 fairly small pieces! She told my DIL he did not want me to know he was eating bad food because I make him diet with me! She has dogged me non stop ever since my SIL and I got into it over the holidays----does not look like it is going to let up. She may not be happy with my wifely ways, but Rick seems to be, and she is careful not to say anything much in front of him controversial anymore, because he just leaves!

He got my fridge fixed---I hope it knows it is OUT of Here in a few months! I am replacing it in a hurry!! I hate to do it, I wanted to replace the washing machine......but too bad!

I Dr.'d Kinsey's ears---she just got them pierced, and I told her I would do it again just before she leaves to go to the dentist. She tells me, " I has to Dr my ears, and go to the dentist, I am SO busy!" Cracked me up!

Well I have to get my housework done.....Catch y'all laterz!

Loves ya lots

Kat

Well ladies.. looks like I need some prayers for strength here. DIL just told the Bobster that she is leaving DS today for at least 4 days and maybe forever. She is not taking Ethan with her which tells me a lot. I blame both of them. I never did see this marriage working out, but I bit my tongue. DS is just a kid. He's 29 years old and plays video games when he gets home from work. He doesn't help around the house. Pays the rent, but the rest of the money disappears. They have been without a vehicle for weeks now. They've been using my car. He keeps saying he'll get his fixed, but he doesn't. We gave him the two vehicles he has. He never paid a dime for them. And we've loaned them lots of money to pay bills when he was laid off. That might look like enabling, but my first thoughts are of Ethan. DIL suffers from depression and says she can't afford the medication. We're looking into that today. But I don't have a clue what is going to happen. And poor Ethan is caught in the middle. Too soon to tell, but looks like I might be raising another child. A prayer for strength and wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm off to church to get the choir music all put together in folders.

What a scary place to be in Judy--of course you will be in my prayers---it is a done deal, and I will be keeping you close in heart.

Both boys are lucky to have you.

Kat

(((JUdy)))) I am so sorry, honey. Just breaks my heart. I'll pray that it works out for all of you. :thumbup: