Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I got here so late this morning. Don't really want to be here... Ugh.

How's everyone? Last night I made a pot of chicken stew but it was so salty! I don't want to waste it! It was a huge pot of it so I could freeze it and have leftovers. Now what? Does anyone know what I can do to save it?

Suzie - I have resolved that today I am going to stick to CTCD! I am also promising myself that I will get ONE GALLON of Water in. There. It's written down. I need to start now. I'm skipping my coffee today...

Hi violets...me again!

I just wanted to share this....

I now understand why women that wear like a size 7 complain when they are up to a 9 and say "I feel/am so fat". I always wanted to slap the crap out of them but now I get it. I am still WAY smaller than I was before I was banded but I have gained some of it back, right? I feel miserable. I feel more miserable now than before when I was this weight. I guess cause I know how I felt at 17something and I know how I feel now and it just plain SUCKS!!! I feel bigger now than I did pre-op. But I have taken this feeling and turned it around to use as a tool to use for WHEN I get back to 17something. It will be a tool to KEEP me at 17something...just the memory of how I feel now. Boy, did I explain that where you all could understand it?

Susie~ Good luck w/ your lunch date! Maybe you'll get a promotion/raise!!

Terri~ I love the shit out of you too sista...thanks! Congrats on your growing side business...I love mine!

Jenn~ Are you working this week, or just around the house...or both!

Tracy~ So are you gonna go do a pedi and lunch w/ a gf now that Macy is in school? I did not hear about Ollie, but will go to my cheat site after this post.

Judy~ I wanna come get in your backyard.

Michell~ whats on tap for today?

Kat~ Glad your feeling better...

Jane~ We went to Breakfast yesterday @ Denny's! You were very generous w/ the gift card...and Susanne and I both thank you!

Laura~ Have a burger no bun! Thats what I do...w/ tons of grilled onions!

We went skinny dipping (chunky dumping) last night again, it was

heaven! It was sooooo hot yesterday and really humid!

Today, I am going to get a new "do" and think it will be quite different. Then a pap @ 11. I was supposed to get it 2 weeks ago, but they called and said she had to deliver twins...so today is my day! I know you are all jealous, lol!

Have a great day...offf to check www.bbchatter.com

xoxoxooxxo

Good morning, Violets..

Lazy day today. Only one rehearsal tonight. Today is my hospital shift day, but I'm only going every other week now since there wasn't much for me to do last week. I make up the patient education packets and that goes in spurts. Now is a down time. When the nurses restock their supply, then there will be work for me to do.

I think I'll get out and finish painting the railing on the front porch. The Bobster is gone until noon with his weekly clergy get together. Ethan doesn't come on Tuesdays so here I sit at the computer!

Haydee.. I know if a Soup is too salty that you put in a peeled potato and let it boil for 15 mnutes, then take the potato out, but I don't know about stew.

TracyK... I understand completely what you said and that scares me!!:thumbup::tt2: I didn't think I needed another fill, but right now I'm glad we made the appointment for next month. I do fine until evening and then I just graze. Not eating much of any one thing, but a little bit of a lot of things adds up. I'm STILL where I was in Texas and that's 3 months of not registering a loss on the scale. How long can a plateau last, anyway????????:w00t: Yes, I feel good. Yes, I know I look tons better. Yes I wear normal size clothes now. Yes, I exercise. But I'm not at even my first goal. Last night I swore that when we get together in June, I will NOT weigh what I did last May. I WILL be at goal.. at least my first goal. That Violet baby will be held by someone who accomplished something special and I am promising that to myself!!!

We CAN do this. YES, WE CAN! hmmmmmm where have I heard that before?????

Suzie.. I'm going to take pictures of the yard once I get these last few flowers in. And the phlox are not creeping phlox, they are garden phlox. The are really tall plants with blossoms on the top. They stand about 5 feet tall. I also have the creeping phlox and they are pretty too, but the blossoms don't last as long as the garden variety.

I just love sitting on the deck with a bird feeder off to the side and a little pond with Water trickling. It is sooooooooo relaxing. I was watering the flowers this morning and my little humming bird came by to say hi. That is so kewl to see all the birds enjoying the yard too. It's the most birds we've ever had eating from 5 feeders. HOWEVER, I hear we are supposed to have above average snowfall this winter, so maybe they're plumping up for that. HEY.. maybe I am too!:thumbup::tt2:

So far today I've had a sausage pattie with a slice of swiss cheese and a bowl of fruit salad.

We're picking up 200# of beef today for Kris and taking it to her. That should count for some exercise right there!

Michelle, that low grade unease is telling you something. Don't let it get to you. Talk with a professional and get some answers. The Bobster has a special light he uses in the winter for his SAD. It's amazing how well that works for him.

Well, I better go get changed so I can get painting. Everyone have a great day!!

I got here so late this morning. Don't really want to be here... Ugh.

How's everyone? Last night I made a pot of chicken stew but it was so salty! I don't want to waste it! It was a huge pot of it so I could freeze it and have leftovers. Now what? Does anyone know what I can do to save it?

Put slices of raw potato in it and let them sit. The potato will supposedly soak up the salt. Never tried it, but it makes sense.
Suzie - I have resolved that today I am going to stick to CTCD! I am also promising myself that I will get ONE GALLON of Water in. There. It's written down. I need to start now. I'm skipping my coffee today...
Skipping coffee??!?! :w00t: No comprendo!!!
Hi violets...me again!

I just wanted to share this....

I now understand why women that wear like a size 7 complain when they are up to a 9 and say "I feel/am so fat". I always wanted to slap the crap out of them but now I get it. I am still WAY smaller than I was before I was banded but I have gained some of it back, right? I feel miserable. I feel more miserable now than before when I was this weight. I guess cause I know how I felt at 17something and I know how I feel now and it just plain SUCKS!!! I feel bigger now than I did pre-op. But I have taken this feeling and turned it around to use as a tool to use for WHEN I get back to 17something. It will be a tool to KEEP me at 17something...just the memory of how I feel now. Boy, did I explain that where you all could understand it?

Well, I sure do feel ya sister. I've "only" gained 4# this summer but man, my clothes sure do fit different! I told DH today that they seem to all be shrinking! :thumbup: So tighter clothes = feeling FAT. Glad you have it under control. I thought I did on Sunday, then blew it again on Monday. :thumbup:

Just for you, PamELa...

A guy walks into a bar, sits down, and asks, 'Bartender, got any specials today?'??

Bartender answers, 'Yes, as a matter of fact we have a new drink, invented by a gynecologist patron of ours. It's a mix of Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer and Smirnoff Vodka.

The guy asks, 'Good grief, what do you call that?'

The bartender replied, 'It's a 'Pabst Smir.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIQEtj8R6H0]YouTube - BB 10 Ollie More Than Pissed - Will BB Throw Him Out Of The House?[/ame]

tracy...here is the ollie blow up...pretty funny, but I am not sure why he is pissed!

Pamela-I know why...I will PM you

Terry-I can not blame my clothes shrinking on hot Water anymore....

Judy-staying where you are weight wise is a good thing! Trust me on that one!

Haydee-play hookie and lets go to the beach :thumbup:

Oh how I wish!!! I'm leaving on vacation next week and have to plow through this pile of work or else I totally would...

Thanks for the potato suggestion. Never thought of that! I'll go home tonight and stick some in there....

I re-thought my position on the coffee. I'll got one cup, no sugar, and then i'll get started on my water... LOL... It smelled too good to pass up!

Must be in the air, I don't feel like being at work either. And that's rare, because I like my office and coworkers.. but today feels like a lay in bed all day..day.

Liked the poem Pam, my distraction is normally something I find while cleaning! I'll be cleaning, then find a notebook that I want to write in, or a book I want to read, etc.. and amazingly I get distracted as much as a kid would!

Did I tell ya'll I am at 212lb?! I am still losing! I am SO CLOSE to 100's. It's so exciting, but then I have to remind myself I probably won't be hitting it for at least another year.. wah.

Ok here's an original LaLa recipe mwhaha.. I came up with it from reading different salad recipes and phyllo recipes. Oddly enough, this one wasn't there.. but similar items.

For 2 Tomato & Mozzerella Phyllo Cups:

Muffin Tin

2 sheets of phyllo

4 small rectangles of mozzerella

1 tomato

Butter

Minced Garlic

---

Melt butter, mix in the garlic and let it set for a while.

Spray muffin tin with no-stick stuff.

Roll out the 2 pieces of phyllo, seperate them..

Brush butter onto first phyllo sheet, top with other phyllo sheet. Brush 2nd piece with the butter. Cut them down the middle evenly.

Cut each of the 2 pieces in half, so you have 4 squares total.

Cross 2 sets of squares into the muffin tin, push down till it makes a pretty little flower cup.

Repeat for 2nd.

I used halved slices of tomato, but I think chunks would have been better.

Put them in the cups, then salt & pepper them. Top with 2 pieces of the cheese overlapping. Sprinkle more pepper.

Cook @375 for 20 minutes.

Ta-DA!

I saw the two bb videos. Wow he is mad!!! Didn't Michelle get put up when Memphis got taken off? You would think Ollie did.

Susie, will get that for you soon, the poem. I have it at work, am having a bit of difficulty working with such small squares, never done that before, I mean going over two, sounds easy doesn't it? It is not. Love the fabric though so want to make it work!!!

Don't want to go to work today either!! But another day another dollar and closer to Alabama, speaking of which I need to get the money to Terry!!!

Oh well here goes another start to the work week for me!!