Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

What bum luck, we've been hearing for a week how hurricane Fay is bringing us storms 'today', and then they never come. Today, when I gotta travel back and forth all over Alabama? IT FINALLY HITS. Darn weather. I have been anxious to get the storms, but not when I have road trips :rolleyes:

Travel safely, Laura!!

Deep dark confessions:

I'm back from PTA'ing & pedicuring... & in my girly girl talk w/my friend over the bubbling footbaths, it dawned on me... I think I'm having a "mid-life crisis"!

Well, "crisis" isn't really the word... more of a mid-life "depression"? "angst"? "upset"?? I'm not upset about DS getting older... it's more about thinking back to me @ that age & that I was so shy & careful & cautious back then and I didn't take chances, go places, do things... lost opportunities, I guess... & now that he's on the cusp of the possibilities of his life... I wish I was, too. This is truly a lot to think about. My friend kept saying, "So what do you want to do? Do it!" and you know... I couldn't think of anything! Or when I did, I immediately discounted it by saying that I don't have the time, or the $$, or that I have too many responsibilities to do something(s) for me. So she said, "If none of that were a problem, then what would you do?"... but I don't know! So I am going to meditate on that for awhile. I just know that just below my happy-go-lucky, responsible, self-less exterior, I harbor a gnawing unease and unhappiness... I also think this is why I always keep myself so busy... because when I pause -- like I did earlier w/the coffee & pedicure, nothing to do or no where to be -- then I feel it & I don't like feeling it. Even right now as I type this... tears are building in my eyes and I feel sad... and I don't want to feel that way. My life is SOOOOO good and I am so blessed & grateful for it... how can I be sad??

So... as I said... mid-life "something".

OH.. I was 181.4 today.......... gotta get on some kind of plan that does NOT include DQ

Heres an idea...why don't we both use a little self control? I'll try it if you will :lol::tt2: :party:

Macy is adorable Tracy, so you took off from work to be with her and now she goes away? :lol: No respect!!

Thanks! It was such an emotional day (you'll see) :eek:

ohhh TracyK - Macy looks soooo adorable. Poor mama, her little chick leaves the nest. Ever thought about having another baby??

Yep, I thought about it lot. Frank is 'fixed' now. I never even expected to have just one so she is more than I could have ever wanted. But, at my age, if I could have had more than one, I would have wanted her to be twins...I would not want another one right now...well, not really:blush:

Tracy, Macy looked adorable, and you may have had a meltdown, but it looked like Mom and Dad were being totally supportive. In the one picture of her back, where you see the bus coming down the road, I could FEEL her little heart pounding, part fear, part excitement! What a Sweetie!!!

Ya know I am so glad you could see the bus in the picture! That is why I took it and I was worried nobody would be able to see the bus so far down the road. She was so excited! :rolleyes:

Terry-New friend hector? OMG... :tt2:

Jane-I will be thinking of you today.

Michelle-I will be praying that you figure out what is bothering you.

Pamela-was that a sucker deal dan made with ollie or what? I hope it does not come back to bite him on butt.

I will check back in later....(((hugs)))

TracyK, your duaghters new name is "Mini-Me". OMG, you could be twins.

Pulling a double shift today. The girl who works the night shift is having a coloscopy tomorrow and is doing her prep today. I told her we had a bathroom at work, She gave me that look. LOL.

Jane, Thinking of you. Thanks for the card.

Kat, did you ever see "50 first dates" with Drew Barrymore. There was a seen where they went to the mental hospital and got introduced to a guy and his name was Ten-Second Tom, That's kinda what my sis is like, you tell her something and she will ask you again about it. Sometimes it's funny but it is really frustrating to her. I try very hard to not tell her she already asked.

Ok, My day was just made. The new list of dancers was announced for "Dancing with the Stars". I love that show.

Can Hector come and pick up my Sis and me and drive us to Bama???????

Everyone have a great day and I'm thinking of all of you.

ummmmmmmmm I just ate left over chicken fried steak and mashed taters...... WIERD WEIRD WEIRD!

Michelle, my heart breaks for you... seriously I can relate.. except my angst is not so "under the surface". I think you SHOULD take some time for you and maybe a few sessions with a counselor.. you know if DH's company has EAP, you could call and get free sessions and not even DH has to know.... (ours is good for ALL members of the family)

I had a few to many drinkee poo's yesterday at my sisters house and pretty much told everyone my issues....... not so pretty... (and one of the reasons I ate 3 pc's of dq ice cream cake)

Oh well........ live and learn.

((((Michelle))))) Wishing for you some enlightement! I think we all go through this. I usually get depressed about once a month. Just know that you are an awesome mom and that if you do nothing else ever that will be completely enough...

Good afternoon, Violets..

I'm late posting today cause I didn't get up until 10 this morning. The Bobster and I went to a big church in Traverse City 2.5 hours away yesterday for a meeting. They want to pull out of the UCC because of our stand on homosexuals. This church is so full of itself and can't see beyond it's nose. Bob went as a representative of the UCC to try and convince them to stay, but it looks like it's a done deal. Consequently we didn't get home til after midnight and that was after getting up at 7 to get ready for our own churches. BTW, the fruit kebobs were a big hit yet again.

I'll try and get caught up on everything..

Terry... congrats on being an online entreprenuer!! Your jewelry is just beautiful. I'll be wearing my original on our cruise in 48 days.

Michelle... speaking from experience with not only me, but lots of family members... get thee to a shrink! It really sounds like depression to me. You don't want it to go on until you are unable to face the day. The Bobster went through a really bad time with depression and he's still on medication for it. The meds made a huge world of difference in his outlook and ability to function. Two of my kids and myself were on depression meds and they do work. I don't want to be diagnosing online, but just being able to talk to somebody who is a professional in that area certainly wouldn't hurt and probably would do a world of good.

As for the teacher's lounge.. what a sweet thing you are doing for the teachers. I taught in a K-12 school.. one building and the teacher's lounge was way in another wing, so I rarely got down there. I ate lunch in my room with a couple of other teachers and at break time I was getting ready for the next day or visiting with the teacher's in my wing. Our high school honor society would bring us down a donut, fruit, juice or coffee the first day of school and during teacher's week so that was a nice treat.

TracyK... Macy is just adorable! I remember those days well. She looks so happy and ready to hit the "big" school. Does she go a half day or whole day? I taught whole day kindergarten for over 20 years. Just LOVED it. I'm sure she's going to have lots to tell Mama today!

Suzie... I just saw the list of dancers too. It's going to be a good season, for sure! Any predictions of who's going to win?? I'm guessing Lance Bass will step up to the plate big time. And Cloris Leachman??? 82??? Bet she'll be a hoot!! She's a feisty broad!

Jane.. hope all is going well for you today. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Kat.. glad you're feeling better, but sorry you have one of "those" patients in the house. I swear.. what is it with men and having a cold???? When the Bobster has one, he'll cough so I can hear it and when I ask how he's doing, he just coughs more. If I say nothing, no more cough. Go figger.

Haydee..sounds like you're going to have a great vacation aside from the bus trip. Take lots of pics for us!!

Laura...how is our little momma today? Are you getting tired yet? I remember that was the big thing for me when I was pregnant. I never, ever got any morning sickness during 3 pregnancies, but I sure got worn out. But I did LOVE being pregnant. It was my excuse to wear loose clothes and look like I had a couple of watermelons in my belly. Ahhhhhhhhhh those were the days. I carried those watermelons for years and years and years after the last baby was born.

TracyinKS....glad your camper sold. We sold our RV a couple of weeks ago. Glad to be out from under that payment. Now it gives me a little more to save for the big trip next June. How are things going at home??

PamELa...hope things are going smoothly at school.

Hope I didn't forget anyone.. that's why I don't do group personals very often!! My mind wanders... old age... swimming pools.....dinner. Ooops.. lost it for a minute there.

Everyone have a great day!!

Thanks for the replies, gals... I keep thinking, "This, too, shall pass."...

Or... it won't... & one day all of a sudden I'll find myself on a meditation retreat at an ashram in India doing yoga all day... HA HA HA!

Michelle, that is a hard place to be. Am I suppose to be happy? I blessed with a wonderful family, and good friends, the opportunites that I might have passed on made the kind of person I am today. I appreciate the morals and standards I have for myself, but don't know if I will ever be happy. Now I have probably depressed you even more!! Sorry!!!

Macy is toooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!

I am back from the pre trial and it wasn't as bad as I thought. They did postpone the trial to Oct 27th instead of in two weeks. It just kind of postpones the ineveitable, but does give you a little more time to breathe.

Off to do some errands and then babysitting my neice tonight.

Have a good one and Hugs to Michelle!!!

Michelle, I agree with what others have said....you need someone to talk to, not a friend, not even just us, someone who puts your need to get it all out first. That is not to slight your family or your obligations to the family, that you took on willingly. But someone you can speak totally candidly to, who will not make snap judgements of you or those you speak of!

The advantage of a stranger, is that they don't interact with the people in your life. If DH does something that drives you up a wall or if in some way you ever felt he held you back, and you say that to a friend or your Mom, they of course from then on, look at DH a bit differently! A therapist is going to get you to look at it in a whole new way, and work with what is ---not what might have been.

Since I am in the pschyo therapy mood, I will tell you all of the breakthrough I made last night---2+ years down the road!!!

I took my grandsonto our friends for some ice cream, and while we were there, I run into a girl I went to school with. This girl was morbidly obese by the time she hit school, and remained that way--and is still that way today. She was a good friend to most of our class, and was well liked, not the subject of ridicule like some kids are. Well she ask me how I lost so much weight! I think she was more surprised I had gained it than that I had lost it----because I was always skinny in school! So I told her I had lap band surgery. She ask if I had problems, I told her no. She ask me where I had it done, I told her Mexico. Then she ask me "Weren't you scared?" And I told her not really that I had reached a point of being more scared of doing nothing than of doing something like that. And I went WOW! It just kind of flowed off of my tongue, but it was sooooo true. I was more scared of being diabetic, and housebound than I was to face lap band surgery!

She says her DH would no way approve. So I may have overstepped myself, but he is crippled from what appears to be severe scoliosis.....so I ask her----if there was a surgery available that might straighten his back---would he want it? Would she want him to have it? Because whether he realizes it or not the excess weight is just as disabling, and there are options. I noticed on my caller ID when I come in from town, she called, but she did not leave a message. So I am unsure whether to call her or just wait for her to call again. I was afraid I made her mad!

I just get really tired of hearing that so and so---someone else would not approve! Yet if it were them, I bet they would!

Terry, like I say, you are gonna get buried in orders, your talent is showing!!!!

We took a ride, was so nice, but hot......oh my!

My part for the dang fridge, went up almost $20!!!! I swear come the first of the year, I am replacing the fridge!

Well I need to get Kinsey up, and get her hair pulled up, so she can be ready for dance class. Will check in on you loverlies in awhile!!

Kat

hi girls

just a quick check in....

sounds like everyone is having a tough time

i'm off to self destruct ... pms... pulled pork nachos for dinner... want some of the eddy's apple pie ice cream i just bought.... pumpkin pie is out now too.... my 2 down falls

later

Jenn-DON'T DO IT!! It will not make you feel any better in the long run!! Step away from the junk! :lol: :smile2:

Edited by TracyK