Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

((Suzanne)) we understand, I'm sorry you're going through that and you're a wonderful sister!

One of our managers went home from work Friday and found his wife dead in bed.. apparently she had a hysterectomy a couple months ago (she is 39) and she had a blood clot move to her heart and caused a heart attack. How scary is that??? I'm making a pie for him, one of the other managers is his neighbor so he's taking up food to take over there. I just couldn't imagine. And, she had 2 kids that lived with them, but on weekends went to their dad.. now that she has passed, the kids he's been raising as his own are gone too. I feel so bad for him, keep him in your prayers!

I asked Russell if he'd rather go out or have me cook him his birthday dinner. He said whatever I want, so I asked his favorite meal (I know he loves hamburger helper, but that seems awefully cheap for a birthday meal).. he says.. velveeta mac & cheese, with hamburger meat in it. Nasty!! I don't like Pasta very much, but I definitely don't like anything resembling hamburger helper, I generally try to avoid them. So I showed him I had velveet mac & cheese, and said "I just put it in?" and he goes "You could make home-made velveeta mac & cheese". So I've been looking for some sort of recipe, any way I make it, I won't like it.. guess I'll make me some creamed spinach, which I've been lovin since I had it at a restaurant a couple months ago. Bird's eye makes a frozen variety that is lower in fat (less cream I think) and I love it, can eat that as my meal. I get my unfill tomorrow, I gotta go alone :( My mom was going to go with me, but she has a lot of work stuff going on so she can't get away without missing some meetings.

Wow Laura that is horrible about your co worker.

Went and saw "Musical of Musicals, the Musical", if it ever comes to your town DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to watch end of olympics just finished up BB.

Have a good night and a great work week that goes very fast!!

I wrote personals this morning, & they were witty & pithy & wonderful... and I hit submit & they vanished into cyberspace. Boo Hoo.

Now it is the end of another busy day and all I can think of is good night & sweet dreams to all my Vi's...

Laura, that is so sad. That poor family.

Watching closing of Olympics. They have said for days now that if you thought the opening was impresive, wait till you see the closing. So far, snooorrrrrrre. Hope it improves.

So I go to the Home page and it looks like jeenaj221 likes to take a lot of pics of herself. LOL

Here's a few pics from today.

Abagail, my little cannonball girl.

My niece Amy and the one in the blue hat is my older sister ML

post-214709-13813137505231_thumb.jpg

post-214709-1381313750556_thumb.jpg

Long busy day.

Had fun with Becky, we just don't do that often enough.

My husband is a typical sick male......need I say more??? So IF the world does not end over night, I will catch up with everyone tomorrow!!!

Kat

Laura~ My all time favorite meal is KRAFT Mac & cheese and hamburger!!! I made that as an undergrad in college...and adding hamburger was like only on "pay days"!

Michelle~ I lost all my eloquent and wonderful personals this am too...hate that!

We had Steph over (the one who went to Sturgis) today. Tomorrow is her bday so we went to the movies and saw Mirrors then she came over for dinner. Susanne made goulash and spetzla (German noodles) and I made a salad. Had a nice time! Then w/ angelfood cake and fresh strawberries, we watched House of 1000 Corpses! THAT IS MY NEW FAVORITE MOVIE! LOL...hilarious! I do not recommend it for any Violets (maybe Laura...not even sure about that), but I love it! It was a total B horror movie...very funny!

Gonna go into work in the morning w/ Susanne. I remember for years, I would have to get ready for the school year alone. I am soooo happy she is in my life...I feel very blessed!

Have a great night!

Morning gals

Laura - that is horrible

Mac N Cheese.... can't help you there but i make great creamed spinche using low fat sour cream and parm cheese.< /p>

I'm off to get ready for work, cleaned out ds's playroom yesterday... 5 hours... my allergies are a mess but i filled up both of my trash cans for the week. Also patched some spots that i've been putting off forever... all this to get ready to start working on my kitchen. I want to get my little things done so when i'm doing the kitchen, mom is going to paint the living room

Hope you all have a good day... i wonder hom many

Today's the Day! Back to School Day! As I kept saying to everyone @ BTS Nite: "Happy New Year!" :)

I am up at this too, too early hour because DS starts High School today & the bus comes @ 6:40am!! :) As if my melancholy feelings about time flying & him growing up aren't bad enough, now I have to feel them @ 5:45am!!

DD begins 5th grade... the last year of ES... sigh...

Am I the only one getting older today??

I baked 9 dozen biscotti yesterday... almond ones & chocolate chip ones (that I just completely made up the recipe yesterday! ha!)... for the 2 teachers lounges today. (Our little school has pre-K thru 2 in one building... and then in another town 3 miles away, we have 3rd thru 5th grade in another building... so we have 2 of everything... which makes all my PTA stuff 2x as... uh... fun! yeah, that's it!) We stocked both lounges w/gourmet coffees, Snacks, hand lotions, etc., & the final touch will be 2 GINORMOUS cookie jars that we will try to keep filled w/home-baked treats (altho the teachers are like locusts & I'm not sure we can keep up w/them!!)... anyhoo... I'll go over this morning to do that...

and then @ 11am I'm meeting my friend @ SB for a lattee & then we have 11:30am pedicure appointments... I'm sure that will make me feel perkier...

Make it a great New Year, Vi's!

Up a little early this morning. Hubby and I have eye appointments at 8am.

Pam, I'm so glad that Susanne is there to share this time with you. That you guy get the chance to lead a somewhat normal life. (school life is never normal, LOL) Can you have Susanne ship me some Goulash, I love that stuff.

Michele, we are all getting older but it seems like the kids are just growing up faster than we would like them to.

Kat, Good luck with the Hubby.

A Big Thank You for all the e-mails. I don't think of my self as "Special" an "Angel" ETC. I'm just a person that has a job to do and I do it. I look at it as the path that God has sent me on and He's seeing how well I handle it. This is my Cross to bear. I do know one thing, I'm a better person for it. I have learned over the years to be a kinder more understanding person and I have found my peace with it. But Thank You so much for thinking of us and for keeping us in your prayers. Life goes on and I'm here for the ride.

Laura, I was craving pickels dipped in chocolate, :) can you take care of this for me???????????:)

Today's the Day! Back to School Day! As I kept saying to everyone @ BTS Nite: "Happy New Year!" :lol:

I am up at this too, too early hour because DS starts High School today & the bus comes @ 6:40am!! :tt2: As if my melancholy feelings about time flying & him growing up aren't bad enough, now I have to feel them @ 5:45am!!

DD begins 5th grade... the last year of ES... sigh...

Am I the only one getting older today??

Uh, no. My son starts college today and my daughter has her first day of high school. Her bus comes at 6:25!! ....although she did ask if she could have a "friend" drive her to school. Uh, what friend??? Her new friend, "Hector", she says. :lol::):):confused2::):w00t::lol::eek::lol: You think you got troubles??? ROFL! NOT!!!

Hey, I sold my second piece to the general public yesterday!! It was actually someone from LBT who followed the link in my siggy! :)

Terry, A new Friend, Hector. :) :) :w00t: :tt2: :)