Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Wow I just tried to go into the chat room to see if Pamela was there, and am I getting old or can no one read that? The colors were way weird. So left, so if I missed someone sorry!!

Good morning-

The storm is making landfall. Luckily for us it is worst on the east side of us...really closer to my mom (and the rest of my family) so I am waiting to hear from her. We still have lots of rain headed our way which we really need. So far so good...

Terry-frozen baggies of water...never thought of that one! Great idea!

I will keep posting as long as we have electricity...

we sure needed this rain but macy isn't liking it too much. She wants to go outside and blow bubbles...lol

I can not believe I forgot to tell you all this...guess what I did yesterday?

While we were out walking (macy was riding her bike)....I jogged!!!! ME, jog...omg for real?! I DID! Not extremely far but that is not the point. I did it on my own and there was not anyone chasing me with a knife or gun! (and I actually like it)

Edited by TracyK

...it on my own and there was not anyone chasing me with a knife or gun! (and I actually like it)

LOL, omg, i was rolling on the floor laughing. You're too funny...

Hi girls!! I'm doing fine. Storm is passing through with no major drama. I might get to go home early though so that's a plus...

Pamela - sometimes when I get in a funky mood do you know what helps me?? Excercise! I know, the horrors. But it really does. I get to sweating and I push myself really hard and I leave the gym really satisfied with myself.

Jane - did you do more of the WiiFit? How do you like it so far? What "age" are you on it??

Hey V's~

((hugs)) for my Texas sistas! Stay safe and dry. xoxooxxo

Thanks for the positive well wishes. I feel a bit better today. Haydee, I agree w/ exercise. That is why we went and did many laps yesterday. I didn't even count 'em, but we did lots. The last 2 days we've been in the pool for over an hour. I think I'd be far worse ® off w/o the swimming. I've gotta get up and get this behind me. Don't want to mourn someone who is alive and well! Today is his birthday too!

Yes Jane, going back to school is tough after a couple of months off. I used to love going back, but I've had a busy summer and been working on diss too. So, it is ok...but truth be told, I could use another couple of weeks!

Gotta put my face on and head out. We have appointments today for S for her retirement. One is 45 min away, the other is 1.5 hours away. I'll be gone most of the day. Gonna read Shrink Yourself. Problem is I KNOW I AM EMOTIONALLY EATING...now what??? I hope he covers that. So far, I like the book. Talks frankly, no bullshit...I like that. Hate feeling like I am wasting my time!

OK...gotta run!

xoxooxoxoxoxoxo

Morning girls~

Excellent points Jane, I had not even thought of those things in regard to Pamela---or any teachers, school workers in general I suppose. And you are right, I remember my Mom worked for 3 years after my Dad retired---so that she would have her own PERA retirement, and while she loved her job, she really had a hard time of it with him being off!!

Glad to hear you Texas girls are hanging in there, ok, I am hoping Terry is too since she has not checked in. Tracy---last winter, I let Kinsey sit in the tub and blow bubbles with the shower doors closed!!! She thought it was hilarious and fun, and I figured the soap residue would wash off with the next shower---just be aware they do make it slippery!

Kinsey come in, and never even woke up!!! She is still sleeping, I'll fix us some Breakfast when she rouses. She is beginning to toss and turn, and slowly working her way awake. She always tells me "Good morning shunshine!" I'll probably be 80, with grandkids grown, and be unable to say sunshine, will still be saying shunshine!

Well she woke up and we spent a half an hour cuddling into a happy mood---better get this posted!

Ok, so I am off to figure out breakfast. scale still sitting.....might have to do some serious WORK!!! Scary thought!

Kat

Yep, I'm here! ...still in my jammies since they closed my office today! I'll bet my bosses are grumbling since it's just barely sprinkling out there so far this morning. I so deserve this extra day off. I've been working my ass off for 3 weeks and stress at home and with my mom have just pushed me to the edge of sanity. It's times like these that I understand the benefit of taking Lexapro, but I am managing without it alright.

Oh, I did weigh in at 181 today...2# loss since starting the piehole reports!

Pam - what are ya'll having to do NOW for S's retirement!? That retirement processing seems to go on forever! Doesn't surprise me, though....that's the gov't for you.

I better get to work on my jewelry orders...they're getting backed up!

Pamela-glad you are feeling better today!

Terry-so now you only have a 3 day work week, right? I'll bet that makes you happy :thumbup:

Haydee-be super careful on your way home, k?

Kat-I do not really wanna start the bubble blowing in the bathtub thing. I have a major fear of slippery bathtubs!! Maybe its the vision of blood on porcelain that I can not get out of my head! lol

Jane-how are you enjoying your wiifit?

I miss laura and tracy :thumbup:

Judy-the 1st to Die James Patterson book made me cry...but it was good. I am gonna start the 2nd one in a minute. I thought the women were gonna be the murderers, not the good guys!

Suzie-how are things with you? Yay for you not getting a shake for yourself too. That is great will power. You must be a better person than me cause I woul have old my sis nope, that I would not bring her one. lol That would be like someone asking me to buy & deliver them a pack of cigarettes....that would not happen either. lol

take care ya'll

I really like the wii fit, one thing is you don't start out with all the exercises, you earn them by doing the other exercises. I have only done it Sunday and Monday so I have only earned one. I think though I would rather earn jewelry or something else!!

My wii fit age is 60!! The one time it came up is the only time I have seen it. How do you see what happens after you exercise?'

WTG Tracy!!!!!

I am really bad about writing things down that is great that Terry you have lost 2 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is proven that it works, and Terry is a grand example!!!

Okay I am sitting here eating a bowl of Kashi Cereal with not enough milk. (end of bottle) liquids are never a problem with me, drink tons of Water.< /p>

Off to start my work week!

Have a great one and be safe all Texas girls!!!

Just got back from going to do our civic duty. Yep, we voted.

Glad to hear that all of our Texas girls. Hope you get the rain you need but not anymore than that.

Janie, Just sent you an e-mail. Looks like you and the wii are getting pretty good.

Not much going on today. Doing some housework and than I have to work this afternoon. They are calling for pop-up storms for the next few days. Puts a damper on the swimming thing.

I did manage to get a shoe on my foot yesterday an did pretty good. By the time I got home I could feel the tightness in my foot. Sure was glad to get the shoe off. Maybe by this weekend I can see about starting to do my walking again.

We need Laura and Tracy back here.

Everyone have a great day.

I really like the wii fit, one thing is you don't start out with all the exercises, you earn them by doing the other exercises. I have only done it Sunday and Monday so I have only earned one. I think though I would rather earn jewelry or something else!!

My wii fit age is 60!! The one time it came up is the only time I have seen it.

Jane.. The way to see your wiifit age is to do the body test each day. You need to do the complete test where it will give you the BMI and then weight and then you do two balance tests. After that it gives you your wii age. I always do that in the morning and then do the body training whenever I get to it. I'm in the 40-45 year range lately. But that's a good thing, considering I'm 61!!

Have you tried the step stuff in the aerobics section? I simply cannot do the soccer head butting thing. That one really frustrates me!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh what a relaxing day. I worked only a half hour on my hospital shift. Only one set of folders to replenish. Then cleaned up the house before going out to lunch with the Bobster. We had chinese. I had a few bites of Almond chicken and brought the rest home for lunch tomorrow. Then got my suit on and went outside for my 15 minutes in the sun to work on my tan. After that I put down the black liner and mulch and moved paving blocks. The newest flower bed is now DONE! We dug up and moved a crab apple tree... don't know what I was thinking putting it where I did originally. It looks much better where it is now. We hauled some top soil to put down in Bob's area of the yard. It's looking nicer and nicer. Thursday I'm having a couple of friends over for a pool party. I want everything to be pretty close to being done when they get here.

Gotta go change and get ready for singing rehearsal tonight.

Catch ya all later.

TracyK... you still surviving??? Terry.. everything ok there?