Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Tracy, I am updating my address book and realized I don't have your new addy. Please email me that ASAP.oxoxooxox

Pamela-I e-mailed it to you just now AND I also got some ice and the coolers ready:biggrin: Believe one thing, if our light are off too long, I am goin to MOMS!

TracyK - a/c = a cranky violet

Too funny, Judy!!

TracyKS -- Expense the coffees & the scone... they're definitely work-related expenses! Enjoy!!

TracyK -- It's your lucky day! Betcha didn't realize that, huh? Well, in prep for the yard sale -- yeah, I figure I'll give it a whirl -- I pulled out ALL my cookbooks, cooking magazines, little snippets of clipped newspaper recipes, etc.... and I found several kids' cookbooks for you! I also found a couple other fun kitchen-related kid items, so have started a box for you!! I'm going to keep it open as I go through the house this week, looking for YS stuff... if I think Macy will like something, I'll toss it in!!

Time to cook dinner... bbl...

That is fantastic...thanks Michelle :thumbup: Let me know about the postage so I can get it back to ya'.

Tracy... don't be silly!! Oh, & PM me your new address -- just to be sure I use the correct one! :thumbup:

Tracy be careful with Miss Macy or you will create a monster!!! I cannot make a PB&J now without Kinsey 'helping'. She has to help do anything and everything in the kitchen, whether it is cooking or loading the dishwasher, she wants to be involved!!!

We do have fun though!

Today she was helping me shuck corn when her Mama showed up---she told her as soon as she was finished with her work she could go! And I sent corn home with them so she was telling Manda she knew how to "do" the corn so she would show her!

I have avoided my inlaws house all day, not sure if I can manage it tonight or not---Rick may think we need to at least go by---maybe I'll have dinner waiting, then we can ride out later. But gee I'll be in my good jeans, so can't help!

Tomorrow, my Mom is keeping Kinsey so I can get my hair cut, and then again on Wed. while I go to lunch with my friend Marie. So.....part of each day is already planned.

I too am lucky enough to have my parents both still with me. I know there are times I complain endlessly about things concerning them, but I love them dearly, and do my best to let them know that frequently. And while there are times my inlaws make me stark raving crazy----I am extremely lucky to have them most of the time too!!! The issues with being so close, and the ones relied on all the time, cloud that for me more than it should. In my case, I deal with being the one they rely on, because there was just my brother and I, and he has serious handicaps. IN Rick's case, it infuriates me, when his siblings do nothing all year long, and try to overrun everyone one week a year. They spend 2-3 week long vacations in Hawaii, they take cruises, they go to my SIL's family home, but they never come here, until this one week each summer when they come and try to overhaul their lives to fit them. My SIL's have point blank said they would have to do this now or later so they will do it now. I HATE when they do that or ask if they can have such and such when they are gone. That is mean!

Anyway--I needed the reminder Pamela---and I thank you for it. I have actually spoke to both Dads today, and set up times to cut their hair this week!

Well off to begin cooking my fingerling potatoes. I have a pound cleaned, I bet I eat one!! LOL, I need to learn to cook smaller amounts! But Rick takes left overs to lunch. I smell my BBQ ribs....mmmmmmmmmm Baby Backs, hopefully tender enough for me---I have had them smoking low for 2 hours so far!

See y'all after while!

Kat

Too late Kat-she is already a "helper". If I am n the kitchen, so is she. If I get up to GO to the kitchen she is right behind me asking "what are we gonna do now momma?"

We just got home from going to buy a few more things for the storm supplies. People are lined up at the gas pumps like you would not believe! On the news a little while ago they were interviewing the light company rep and she said to be prepared to be out of service for 2 weeks or longer. HUH?:thumbup: Oh well, I am being pessimistic (sp?). Anything could happen with that darn storm overnight. I will give you all an update before I go to bed cause I know you are all very concerned about us Texas gals well being:blushing: .

Tornados are what worry me....

You say that jokingly Tracy, but it IS TRUE!! We ARE worried about you--and it might be a great time to bring Macy to NM to meet Kinsey, I will have power.....well electricity anyway!!!

HUGS!!!!!!

Kat

I have been looking at different weather websites an all of them show the storm coming here. I mean, RIGHT OVER ME! I am kinda freaked out actually.

Frank is working tonight. Hopefully he will get home in the morning before it gets too bad. I guess it really dawned on me about how serious it could be when I got home a little while ago and saw that the landlord had removed every single trash can from our little community. I need to go outside and get Rapunzel and bring her in. She is my Ivy that the guys at work gave me when I 'retired'. She has really long hair (vines), so I named her Rapunzel.

The good news is that the astros are beating the cubs...

Good evening, Violets..

Just got back from dinner with Kris and Nathan. We had salmon that he caught yesterday. It was soooooooo yummy. He seasoned it with garlic and lemon slices and wrapped it in foil and put it on the grill outside. It was perfectly done. I went for a second piece and shouldn't have as I pb'd that serving. The Bobster got caught good too. He was talking too much and not paying attention to how fast he was eating.

Eating report for the day.

1 egg with 1/4 cup shredded cheese

6 honeydew melon balls

1 granola bar

1 slice bread with 1/2 cup ham salad

1 slice bread with 1 T. peanut butter

2 pieces of salmon.. 1 pb'd

1 ear of corn

1/8 cup Pasta roni

1 root beer float ( our Monday treat)

2 liters Crystal Light

1 hour exercise (Wii Fit and Pool)

Going to finish up the flower bed project in the back yard tomorrow after my hospital shift. HOpe to get in the pool again. It was 82 in there again today even though it rained this morning.

TracyK...I'll be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow morning. Hugs to you all there in Texas!!!!

I'm headed to bed...

Everyone have a good night. sleep well.

The storm will not be first thing in the morning anymore, it will be later in the morning when it comes ashore. At least dh will be home.

Goodnight violets! (((hugs)))

Hey All~

I am in such a funk...uuhh, I WONT be posting the piehole report. Let's just say emotional eating...off the charts. I laid on the couch and watched the first disc of my I LOVE LUCY collection. We then went swimming and I did many laps. I have the blues, plain and simple. Susanne wants me to snap out of it...she is NOT used to me like this. Hell, I am not either. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Tomorrow we are gone for some appointments for Susanne. I get a fill on Wed, that should help. I have NEVER been at a sweet spot...hell, not even close. I am either PB city or too open. Hoping to find a good place on Wed.

Have a great night. Texas Violets...take care!xoxoxoxooxox

Pammy -- What's wrong?? :cool2:

Tracy - I've got an ice chest full of ice, baggies of Water in the freezer, loads of bottled water, water in the tubs and sinks, first aid kit, medications, and pop tarts. I'm good to go. Thankfully we don't have to evacuate, eh?? What a nightmare that was for Hurricane Rita, eh? UGH!

Tracy---you keep us posted!!! I will be worrying about you! And Terry, and Haydee----for the storm, and Pamela for her sadness. I think you may have shelved your emotions concerning your Dad to avoid puffy eyes, but....it all comes out someway, whether in the blues or overeating or both. And face it, what you are dealing with is not something minor. Big hugs!

We ate and went on out to my inlaws, where they are still knee deep in everything out of the kitchen. Ceiling is done, primer on the walls, and cabinets have a first coat. Looks ok, not what I would have chose, but it is brighter....so it might be a good thing for my MIL working in there. They have thrown so much of her stuff away it just saddens me, and also alerts me that every time I check with her about needing anything when I am going shopping, she will now need something!!! I just don't get it I guess, this is sooooo hard on them. They are both over 80---they lived through the depression, and have lived without a lot of things, so now when they get something---they hang on to it! Or did until their Daughters decided THEY were the parents now and began this disaster.

They ask if I was going to be over tomorrow---I told them not until Kinsey left---afterall it was the SIL who was so snotty when she said they did not need a bunch of kids underfoot. Well they have a 15 month old and a 2 year old without Kinsey being there too!! They actually tried to pawn them and a 10 year old off on me---I just laughed!!!

Y'all will not believe what I did today. I forgot my final PS appointment! It hit me at about 5 PM that today was the 4th--and my appointment was for 9 AM! I have to call in the morning and reschedule--I hate that---it is going to end up costing me! Dammit!

It has been hot here too. Breaking records, for daily temps but also for the number of days above 100. It is simply too hot for us to do much during the day outside. I am thinking maybe after my hair tomorrow about taking Kinsey to see Space Chimps or whatever the movie is, she calls it Monkey Assronauts!!! We saw the movie poster yesterday in the mall.

Well I am off to bed----my stomach did not like the ribs, or something---feels rumbly tumbly.....

See you in the morning..

Kat

Just got back from a very hot hot night of an outdoor theatre that did Fiddler on the Roof. It was good, but how they did it I will never know. Some of the actors had on heavy wool coats over their uniforms and a fur hat on.

Pamela, I hope you cheer up!! Funks are not good. Hang in there and special hug for you. By the way, I don 't know how teachers do it. I couldn't be off for a month or so, and then go back to work. Too long, that would cause me to go into a very dark place!!! I like working, but I couldn't make that transition well. I also think with Susanne retiring that might have an effect on you and going back to school! Give yourself a break and enjoy Lucy!!!