Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

No time to read through posts. Just stopping in to say we are alive and well. Today is Rick's bday and we have been on the go.

I have not cleaned at MIL's!!!

Talk tomorrow~~

Kat

Morning all

need to do some serious catching up today but off to work now.

We had a blast this weekend.... but this morning i was doing my am throwing up and there was some blood (noticible but small amount) in there.... could i have possibly torn something flying down the Water slide?

I'm a little freaked out

anyway...

PAM (((hugs))))) I'm sorry

talk to ya all later

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

I have a thrilling day planned today: waiting for the Sears repair guy to show up some time between 8am & 5pm! AND... just cuz' that's not quite enough fun for me... I also will be waiting between Noon & 2pm for the vet to come to "unclog" my cat, Mo. (After which time I must enclose him somewhere that is "easy to clean up"... lovely!)

I know, you are all jealous of me, right?

Good Morning, Violets..

Just up and letting the garage dog out. I nibbled on a few black raspberries that decided to grow in our year this year. yummy

PamELa..so sorry about your dad. Both my parents and the Bobster's parents are deceased. And even if my mom and dad were still alive, I couldn't call them cause they were both deaf. But they did know I loved them til the day they died. Lots of times it was "in spite of", instead of "because of", if you know what I mean.

Suzie..don't know about the pop ups. It's been so long since I've had any, I wouldn't know what to do either!

(wait a minute... did that sound kinky??? :smile::lol:)

I'm off to go find some Breakfast. Then to the staff meeting. Everyone have a great day. Make good choices!!

Those of you in the path of the storm... take care!!

Good morning violets-

Jenn-do you throw up every morning or something? You made it sound like a regular thing.

Terry-yep, the storm is hitting here early tomorrow morning. God I hope our lights don't go out. I guess if that is the least of my problems I'll be doing good, right? They have already evacuated Cameron Parish since so many people bought trailers after Rita, they are being cautious.

Pamela-I am so sorry about your dad. (((hugs))) I lost my dad as well in '99 to brain cancer. My mother is alive and well and I speak with her daily. She is my best friend. :smile: It is so sad to think of the people that do not say what is in their hearts before its too late. That has always been my on fear, so I make sue I OVER do it! Better too much than not enough!

Suzie-we did not get a drop of rain from Dolly...this is a totally different story though. I think we are in for some bad stuff!

Michelle-thank you for making me thankful for my uneventful day today :wub: It could be worse, right? LOL

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'll bet Laura & Tracy are having fun!

Good Morning,

Sad day for me today. I won't have time to get in the pool. I'm working a double shift today and in between those shifts I have to go over to Sis's to pay her bills. So no time for fun in the pool. Probably a good thing though, I got a lot of sun over the weekend. Very very tan.

So, no more kids meals???? I have never gotten one, but the were just showing how they are packed with calories. Some had more than 900 caolries. I have heard some bandsters get these because of there being smaller portions. I guess smaller is sometimes not better. I'll just stick to my smaller portion big people meals.

Everybody have a great day. I'm off to go get my oatmeal.< /span>

TracyK, Are you going to have all of us on Dr. Phil with you?

Michelle -- your vet makes house calls??? Cool!! You do get to have all the fun.... but at least you are home and not stuck behind a desk from 7:00a-5:00p!!!

TracyK - Lights going out?? OMG. I can't even imagine being without air conditioning in this weather!! How did our grandmothers do it????? I think about that all the time! Living on a farm, baking bread, scrubbing floors, cooking for 10 people 3x a day, laundry, .....UGH!!....all with no air conditioning?? It boggles the mind. No wonder my grandmother died a bitter woman!

Yep, it's the mobile vet! My first cat would NOT ride in a car... so I started using her... she's great! Gotta love a gal who'll come to your house to roto rooter your cat!! :smile:

It always seems greener on the other side, doesn't it? Sometimes I daydream about having a "real" job where I sit behind a desk all day & get to work w/adults (altho dh always tells me that he wonders about that w/some of the folks he works with!) & not have to clean or cook or drive someone around... or deal w/cat butt issues or clean the washer & dryer or vaccuum & do dishes or cajole kids into cleaning their rooms & listening to the whining that always follows that (all things I've done so far this morning!)...

New topic! -- Yard Sales.

I'm not a YSer at all... but I keep making piles of stuff that I think, "some day I'll have a yard sale" but then I never do + we live way out in the boonies & who would come all the way out here to buy my crap? So... the Sam's Club is sponsoring a YS where you pay $10 for a parking space to set up in & you sell your crap. It's this coming Saturday from 7am - 4pm. I'm thinking about doing it. So my questions are: should I? Is it worth the time/effort? How do I know what to price items? What sells well? I've got kids' clothes, some of mine & dh's... + household items... + books... + the last of my Mary Kay stuff that I want to get rid of... + I thought I could take orders for my market bags... + old toys...

Then I think... "but it's all my old crap. who'll buy it?" but people do, right?

Thoughts/suggestions?? Discuss.

Terry-our elders could handle it cause they did not know any better. By the way, have you EVER seen a really old picture where the woman is actually smiling? LOL I have a pic of my grandma, great grandmother and GREAT GREAT.....and NONE of them are smiling! The thought of the lights going out is freaking me out actually. It is supposed to be 101 today! EEEK :smile:

I am leaving to go get some batteries, Water and a can opener. If our lights go out, I do not have a manual can opener! Oh, plus I am gonna get some ice. Check with you all later!

Hey V's~

Michelle...all the "crap" you listed sell very well. You price to get rid of this stuff. I don't suggest putting stickers on stuff...people usually barter down and the stickers come off (or some stick forever) and it is a big PITA. Get there super early and "set up". Early in the day you will sell stuff a bit higher, then lower your prices as the day goes on. Like the clothes people love here. You might do like 5$ bag (like small grocery bag) for all item they can get in the bag. Especially w/ books. Then around noon, drop the price to 3$ bag of clothes or books...you get the idea. The moral of the story is to NOT BRING THE CRAP BACK HOME! Perhaps at 2pm...you have a BLOWOUT SALE and make it a 1$ bag of clothes/books. Then @ 3pm...EVERYTHING IS FREE!

Anything electronic sells first and the best price. I would do it...it will be worth the 10 bucks. Have your kids get 4 bags of toys/clothes/books whatever each. LASTLY...whatever does not sell, drive to Goodwill when your done. For me, it is about not bringing the crap home once I've decided to get rid of it!

Good luck!

TracyK, Are you going to have all of us on Dr. Phil with you?

I am quite sure he would have his hands full with just me let alone all of us. He would pull his hair out....wait, he doesn't have any! Problem solved!:smile: