Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I am back, got my wii, I was going to buy an extra wii fit for somebody that is having a problem finding one, but they sold out, I got to the store in the POURING rain 1 1/2 hours early and they were out already??? Wow, at least I am glad I got mine. Now I need to get the wii console installed, I also got a converter box for my tv that is without cable. What a PITA!!!!!

I also had my first time of throwing up in a public bathroom with people there! Don't know why, didn't eat that much, or fast, or big, but for some reason out it came. I was at Dennys, and thinking of my fellow Dennys employees!!

Jane

Terry~thanks, I needed that :rolleyes:

Jane-I wish I had one :teeth_smile: Maybe Santa will bring me one?!

Hello my name is Jane, and I am electronically challenged!!! I am taking a break, I have everything hooked up just as the book shows, does it come on my tv? NO! It seems easy, I might try switching to my tv in the living room, just don't have as much space. But, for right now, I am through. GRRRRR

Hotter than heck here. They have all kinds of heat advisories out. We've been in the pool all day but we finally got out to go run some errands. I stopped at McDonald's and bought Sis a large chocolate shake and didn't even get me one......Yeah Me.

I'm thouroghly surprized at my eating this past week. I have done wonderful and don't know what to atribute it too. Maybe it's the staying outside all day long that's doing it. Haven't been near the refridgerator. I do need to do a little better on my drinking. Maybe I'll have a margarita to make up for it....LOL.

Judy, We paid a butt load for the heater. It is actually worth every penny we spent on it. With my arthritis, it feels so good. I also have found in the last year or so my cold tolerance is awful. If the pool is lower than 88 degrees my bottom lip starts to quiver after 5 minutes. The heater was $850 when we bought it but we had to have a plumber come out to hook the gas line up. Well, we live in Missouri and if you have ever been here you know we are full of rocks. It took them 2 days to dig the line. The original quote we got was $900, but by the time they finished it ended up costing us $1,200. We knew when they gave us the estimate that we would end up giving them more. We have a Maple tree in our backyard that is 15 years old, it's not more that 20 feet tall. It's growth is stunted because of all the slate and rock in our yard.

Hope everyone is staying cool.

Well I ran out of tvs for my wii to work. I will read the manual again as late night reading and try again tomorrow!! It is amazing that I haven't felt the need to throw this out the window!

I was glad to read the weight limit, although I have cleared the 300 pound mark never to go there again, I went back up over 250! The weight limit is 330.

Going to send an email to my nephew asking for help with installation, people under 20 are good at that kind of thing. Plus me thinks he needs a haircut.

Tracy, that is tooo funny!!! You know that is true though with me sometimes. Sometimes at work I can't figure out why my stuff won't work, instead of checking the major thing like POWER, I look for other reasons why its not working!!! Duh!!!! Will I ever learn!

Jane-I know that is how I am too...I never check the easy stuff first...I guess I just figure it can not be easy!! lol

Evening, Violets...

Well, another day done. Here's my eating report for the day.

1/4 cup ham salad 1 slice bread

1/4 order eggs benedict( ate 1/2 of a 1/2 order)

few bites of fruit

1 brownie with strawberry mousse on top

1 granola bar

more bites of fruit

2 rib bones with meat of course!

3 onion rings

2 spoons of ice cream (shared a dessert shooter with Bob)

2 liters Crystal Light

No exercise except for hauling plants and moving landscaping bricks

That's it for the day. Had a longggggggg nap today after sitting out in the sun for 15 minutes. Didn't get in the pool. Water temp was only 78. Suzie, you'd be a poolsicle at that temp!!

Jane...I was going to suggest contacting your nephew. He's have it hooked up in 5 minutes, just like our son did. We don't know nuthin' bout hookin up no video game!! (done in my best Butterfly McQueen voice..... oh, nevermind, nobody here but me is old enough to remember her!)

Have a staff meeting tomorrow morning at church and during that time the Bobster is supposed to plant all my plants for me. Then I'm going to put down wet newspaper and mulch and we'll be done. I read that wet newspaper is better even than the black sheeting we usually put down.

Ethan comes at 1 and that'll be my day. I hope to get in the sun again for 15 minutes... I'm working on my tan. And HOPEFULLY I'll get in the pool to do some exercises.

Everyone have a good evening. I'm anxious to hear about all the travelers and their weekend.

Nighters....

Tropical Storm Edouard....great, I'll bet it will be a hurricane by morning! We need some rain but SHEEESH! Supposed to make landfall somewhere around here on Tuesday. Could be worse...at least I do not think it is something we'll have to evacuate for!

Hey V's~

We are back! Had a gread time w/ the family. My dad, stepmom Kathy, Sis Kristen, her boyfriend of many years Frankie, my bro John, nephew Johnny, Susanne and I! We came in went to sis's house. Then we all took a walk along the marina in Dana Point (OMG what a wonderful community). We talked, looked at boats, etc. Then we checked into our room at the Marina Inn. Then we went to Frankie's in San Juan Capistrano for a great bbq. Chix, ribs, homemade Beans and green sal. Then we played some fun game (Italian w/ balls, can't remember the name). We had birthday for dad (which is really Tues) and Johnny's (which was last week). Johnny kinda crashed dads party, but that is ok when your 4, lol. We had a great day!

This morning, we all went to brunch at the White House in Laguna Beach. What an amazing and beautiful day! We walked along beach shortly, then all said our goodbyes. My dad and stepmom will stay w/ sis (stepsister for 35 years) and will fly back to Reno in the am.

Susanne and I went to the beach ourselves after. We laid on towels and played in Water for a bit. We did not have sun screen, so we only stayed about an hour...and yes, we got burned.

My dad has lung cancer:frown:. He is thinner than before and he has a bad cough. He kinda protects me and tells me "he's fine". He told my brother yesterday that there is nothing more they can do, he won't seek any more treatment, that he is healthy now, active now...has only a few regrets. John told me last night and I went to bed and cried for a minute. I didn't want my eyes to be puffy this morning. So as we were driving home, I held Susanne's hand and cried for about 20 good minutes...just to get it out!

I am so completely sad...the thought of losing him kills me. I think he "protects" me w/ "I'm fine" because he knows what I went through w/ my mom.

In the meantime, he is having fun...doing what he wants...hiking daily, etc.

Susanne and I are flying up to Reno w/ nephew Johnny for Thanksgiving. Hopefully dad will come down here in Oct.

Violets~ call your father's and tell 'em you love 'em. If they are already gone, call your mom.

Have a good night everyone!

xoxoxooxoxox

TracyK, we just finished with Hurricane Dolly and now you guys are gonna send us some more????? Thanks, we've had enough Water here to last this summer. Well at least the pool is in and I don't have to worry about that anymore. Hope it's not a bad one.

Judy, I would freeze. Seems since I started losing weight that my inner thermostat is out of wack. I talked to the Doc about it. They had my thyroid checked and all is good there. Just something I have to get used to, just hpe the family makes it thru this.

Janie, Thanks for the weight limit stats. For the record, I also would be able to use the wii. My neighbors have one and that is fine with me. I practically break my hip playing bowling.

Pam, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I know he is trying to spare you it still hurts just knowing. I will keep him in my prayers.

I wish everyday that I could talk to my dad, just even hug him. He was our family rock. Unfortunetly we lost him to pancreatic cancer in 1990. That was so long ago but only seems like just a few years. I would also like to call my mom and talk to her, take her shopping or even take her to church. We also lost her. She passed away in 2000. Her body just gave out from years of fighting cancers, diabeties and heart problems. She died a very peaceful deat. We found her the next morning, she passed in her sleep. I have also lost both of my in-laws. It's a daily reminder to Hubby and I to make sure we both tell each other how much we love each other. We very much understand that it is extremely important to say the things we need to. Don't let it be to late.

One thing I do regret is that my parents aren't here to see my weight loss. I do know that in m heart that they are watching me and routing me along. I feel like they have walked thru this with me. I just wish that I could see the looks on their faces and see how proud they are of me.

OK everybody, lets make this a good week. A fresh start. Recommit ourselves to this journey. We can do it.

Good Luck to all and Hugs to all of you.

(((Pamela))) I'm so sorry, honey. I wish I could make it all better for you. My dad died when I was 8 years old in a private plane crash.

Went to see my mom this evening and the nurse reported that she weighs 125 now... that's down from 146 just a month ago.

I've been running around a lot this weekend but can't even tell you what I did....just don't feel like I accomplished much of anything! I did start on your silver Bracelet, Pammy. I'm about halfway through that one.

Piehole report for today isn't pretty:

B: cottage cheese/blueberries/granola

L: fried chicken thigh and wing, couple of spoonfuls of RB& rice, a few bites of corn, 2 Peanut Butter Cookies

D: a vanilla shake from JIB and a handful of cashews.

bleh.

Totals: 1,777 calories 59g Protein

Wonder what Laura's doing right now?

I seriously don't feel like working tomorrow...but it'll be a short week (friday's my day off) so maybe that'll keep me going.

TracyK - Tropical storm?? I really should watch the news more often than 2x a year, eh?

Edited by TerriDoodle

Technical question. My Anti-virus is not schedule to renew for about 4 more monthsand in the last few days I have gotten tons of pop-ups saying that it has found possible problems and in order to fix the I need to purchase the latest version. Well I'm not due to renew it yet and I will renew when the time comes. So my question is, How do I get the pop-ups to stop? I have run all my updates and everything is fine. I keep closing them when they come up but it's getting rediculous. Can anyone help me????

Thanks.

Sounds fishy to me, Suzie. Send an email or call your anti-virus vendor and ask them to verify.