Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning everyone~

Just popping in to say hello.

I am leaving in a few minutes with macy to go look for school clothes. UGH, I would rather be beaten. I would much rather go today instead of waiting until later when there are only leftovers to pick through. Wish me luck, she is hard to buy clothes for. When they fit in the waist, the crotch normally hangs to her knees :wink2:

Have a great day everyone!

Pamela-if you are going to the beach what do you need to put on make-up for? LOL

Cabana girls!!:lol::wink2::cool2:

ooooohhhh... quiet here...

I'm getting ready for dh's b'day dinner... babyback ribs, coleslaw, salad caprese, corn bread & for dessert -- mousse au chocolat!! All homemade!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Why I haven't eaten all day!! Watch me pb after the first bite, too! Ack!

Make it a great one, Vi's!!

Back from the wedding. Everything went very well. Even ate semi-good.

My food intake for the day is:

1 egg with 1/4 cup shredded cheese

NO lunch

2 slices cheese

1/2 beef empanada

6 garlic shrimp

2 pieces banana, 1 strawberry, 1 mini-cream puff all dipped in chocolate which I licked off the plate when the fruit was gone. I'm not proud!

1 root beer float

No exercise today... taking the day off.

I did get to lay out in the sun for a half hour before getting ready for the wedding. Sure felt good!

I have to go get fruit ready to make fruit kabobs for fellowship time after church tomorrow.

Everyone have a good evening!! sleep well!!

Edited by Teachlady

Hey everyone, remember me???

Well, the pool is in and we have been using the heck out of it. Actually today we had the pool to ourselves and we loved it. For about 4 hours we were in and out just enjoying our time. It's hotter than heck here and being in the pool makes it seem less hotter. Weird.

As far as the exercise thing goes, well... I work at Curves so I have no excuse for not working out. Except for the last four weeks I haven't been able to do anything. Remember the broken toe???

My eating has really been under control the last few days. Being outside and away from the kitchen really helps out.

Janie, still looking forward to meeting up with you. I will still leave it up to you to pick a date. I have every Sunday free. I was telling Hubby today about it. He will be coming with me so we need to find an Appleby's or some place that I can leave him at the bar. He can watch football on the TV while we go visit. If we meet up at the Mall we can window shop and talk. Just keep me posted.

TracyKS, I know you are gone but I'm kicking my butt for not ordering t-shirts.

Pamela, We would skinny dip but both our neighbors can see into our backyard. Yikes. They would call the cops for sure.

Laura, Have a great time on your vacation. Don't forget the sunscreen.

Judy, I am so glad that we had a heater put in. Pool Water today was 94 degrees. It was wonderful. We ran the heater for 2 hours this morning and got the temp up to 90. The sun did the rest of the work. It is extremely hot and humid here right now.

Everyone have a great weekend. Hugs to you all.

Suzie.. so glad you're enjoying the pool. I just love mine when I can get in it. I told Bob we have to investigate gas heat for the pool next year when I start getting social security and can pay for it. He said it would be about $1,000 to run a line out to the pool. I don't know what I'd do if the pool was 94!! That's a hot tub around here!!

Good Morning, Violets..

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm off to church and then to lunch with Kris. Then some plant shopping for a new area Bob and I made in the back yard. It's an ongoing, never ending project!!

Catch ya later!!

Yesterdays pie hole ereport (better late than never)

Oatmeal & coffee

ALOT of popcorn with 5 gallons of melted butter (at the movies)

Peanut M&Ms

Oatmeal again for dinner cause of the guilt from earlier!

Good morning everyone!

I sure hope everyone had/is having fun!

*this next part I am just thinking out loud. Feel free to skip it*

I just do not get it. I do so well for 2 or 3 days then in a day or 2 I ruin my progress. It ends up making me stay the same weight. At least I have gotten to where I am not completely sabatoging myself. I am not gaining anymore so that is a good thing but I mean really....what is the deal?! I guess I need to try harder on the one day at a time part. Instead of thinking that this is a short term problem, I need to realize that it is a complete lifestyle change. You would think that by now I would realize that, right? I mean, I could keep doing what I am doing and stay 203 but tht is not what I want! I want to get back where I was and stay THERE. I could kick my own ass all the way to Palm Springs and back (and say hi to Pamela while I was there). But really, the past is the past and the great part is I CAN undo what I have done. Now if I would just practice what I preach then all will turn out hunky-dorey :rolleyes:. Lord, I wear myself out mentally. Maybe if I can just forgive myself for gaining some of my weight back I can move on from there. Hmmm, how can I forgive myself for that? I will think about that.

OK I am done with that....

Here is to good choices TODAY....:teeth_smile:

I am in the same boat with you Tracy! I have done really pretty good this week, and then bam!! I hear you and my offer to kick your butt and you kick mine to Palm Springs is made!! We could probably lose weight and get really toned legs! The only problem is the Margaritas Pam will give us!!! Hang in there!!

I am off to STAND IN LINE LIKE A FOOL FOR A WII!!

Jane

Good Morning. They are calling for it to be a HOT one today. Heat index 110. Ouch. Looks like another pool day. First have to get it vacuumed.

Tracy, I agree with what you are saying. I go several days being a model bandster and than, Whammm. I spoil it all by eating to much or eating the wrong thing. And than I wonder why I'm losing at such a slow rate. But I also do realize that with the band that I will lose it. Where before I would lose it gain it back, lose it, gain it back. Now it's just lose it, stay the same , lose it etc. etc. etc... It is a vicious cycle and one I don't know how to break either. If I figure it out I will post it for you. Mean while just hang in there. I'm with ya girl.

Everyone have a good Sunday and stay cool.

Maybe if I can just forgive myself for gaining some of my weight back I can move on from there. Hmmm, how can I forgive myself for that? I will think about that.
Tracy, I'm gonna come kick your ass. Seriously. YOU HAVE QUIT SMOKING!!!!!! Gee, don't you give yourself credit for that??!?!? Whenever you beat yourself up about the weight, can you try to remember that?? You knew going in that you would most likely gain quite a bit of weight by not smoking. You knew that. It's upsetting but it is what it is. Big deal. At least you're not a 275# smoker anymore!!! So, stop that self-flagellation and take a deep breath. It's time to make a few adjustments, that's all. Remember, you don't have ciggies to depend on when you're stressed out, bored, hungry, etc. and you will make the mental adjustments sooner or later. Be patient with yourself....LOVE yourself....for what you have done for you AND your family. Remember, that your body responds to those tape loops you play in your head all the time. Practice self-love, appreciation and kindness. Be as kind to yourself as you would to a violet in the same position. That is not to say you will reward yourself with a trip to DQ!!....but you will give yourself a hug, forgive yourself, and try to do better tomorrow. It's all good. You're learning how to cope with life in whole new way. It's a lot to ask....to undo 40+ years of 'training' in one short year. You can do it, it may just take longer than you would like. But you are STRONG and you WILL do it eventually. One day at a time and when you falter, know that tomorrow you will try again. But the most important part is to love yourself enough to succeed. No matter what, you are FAR FAR healthier today than you were 1-1/2 years ago, right? Is that not incredible progress?? Hmmmm??? Where is the love and appreciation for Tracy for accomplishing all that?? Take a deep breath and give yourself a big ol' hug right now. You're doing FANTASTIC!!!:teeth_smile::thumbup: