Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning violets~

So it is easy to see that Suzie is a 'plan ahead' kind of gal. lol I wish I were talented enough to make presents!

Jane-I was told by the dr that we can not take any pills with anti-inflammatories (nsaids, like advil, motrin, aleve, etc). Not exactly sure why, I just followed instructions and did not ask. Well, that is a lie, I am kinda like Laura and I DO take the occasional advil (since my band is not too tight, I know it will slide right down).

Pamela & Jane-If you want jessie to get eliminated, raise your hand :thumbdown: He is SO full of himself! I voted for Rennie to get Americas player, LOL.

I need to get off here and head out for our morning walk. It is probably already 90 outside....bbl

Hi girls! Yesterday was a busy day for me... We hosted a baby shower for one of my co-workers. Her baby was actually due yesterday but he came two months early. He was a preemie but he's doing so well now. Piehole report was so bad yesterday. This is what I had:

B: 2 bacon/egg tacos on corn tortillas

S: One 8 oz iced coffee (not sugar nor fat free)

L: One cup of crunchy slaw salad with chicken, one biscuit with butter and one slice of cake

S: 4 mini twix bars

D: two slices of roast beef with a lettuce leaf, rolled up

I worked until around 10pm and when I got home Juan was having a bowl of Cereal and he gave me his soggy leftovers. So I ate like a cow yesterday. I haven't had a thing in my mouth today so I plan on making it a good day...

I'm a pack rat too! I keep everything because I never know when I'm gonna need it. At least that's what I tell myself...LOL...

I'm planning on re-doing my baseboards on my house this weekend... We've already removed all of them and now I have to go get the new ones. Has anyone ever done this? Is this a pain to do? Should I just pay someone to do it??

Oh and here are some pics from the shower...

post-216278-13813137396941_thumb.jpg

post-216278-13813137397222_thumb.jpg

post-216278-13813137397486_thumb.jpg

post-216278-13813137397865_thumb.jpg

Haydee~ You are absolutely stunning...always!

Michelle~ are you a closet BB fan? Whoohoo! Jessie is easy on the eyes, but he needs his ass kicked and to be taken down a notch!

Judy~ I agree...you are such an inspiration for me, for all of us!

Hey everyone else! We have to leave in 30 min. The maid gets here and I hate to be here when she is. So, we will go out to Breakfast, check our mail, try not to go to Wally world for ANYTHING...we don't need anything, and I don't need to spend $.

Terri~ I can't get to my measuring tape. Crap got piled in the garage in front of the drawer in the garage. If I mention it, I'll have to do work to help put the crap away. We both know...I don't want to do work. Please hold on for me...I've thought about those bracelets for 2 days...can't wait.

OK...BBL

Laura~ Study hard girlie...it is almost over. Before you know it you'll be on a beach in Jamica (did I spell that right?)...lucky dog!

Yes, I admit it, for some reason I keep stumbling onto BB when it's been on this summer, so I kinda know who's who & what's going on... I don't even know when it's scheduled to be on... it's just happened that when I randomly plop down in front of the tube then voila! -- there it is. Too funny. DD's been watching it, too... she's so funny... she still doesn't get the veto concept, but has definite opinions on the different people on there... how gross was that flower pot challenge?? Yuck! And I understand that the annoying personality people are the ones who make the show interesting to watch, but I can't stand them... Libra (ugh! don't even get me started on how she should be home w/her newborn babies!) & Rennie... bleh... do you think the casting crew purposely gets folks w/annoying voices?? I'm definitely not up on all the secret ins & outs of how to "play" the game... but it's at least something new to watch over the summer.

I agree w/ everyone on Jessie, he is easy on the eyes, but oh my gosh!!! He is soooo arrogant!

Haydee, I was just talking about new baseboards yesterday. Funny that you say that. I was wondering how much it would cost, etc... Let me know I am so interested!!!

If I miss Laura and Tracyks before you leave have a wonderful time!! You both are going to have totally different experiences!!

Well off to shower and work!

Jane

Awww Haydee those pics are sweet!! I wanna baby!!!! :biggrin:)

Ok, we all in favor of Xmas Exchange deadline August 24th?

Pam- Jamaica Mon!

Studying studying, so close to finish.. one teacher said I can take the Exam early since it was suppose to be while I was gone, I reminded her, she said she will send out directions.. I got directions last night and it says dates while I'm gone. I don't want to bug her again, but..that doesn't help me?! Argh!

Last night I had more calories than I anticipated.. can't remember why now?? Had roast beef, green Beans, 1/2 biscuit, root beer float for dinner. But I alloted for the float.. I think something I had, had more calories than I expected.. I dunno.

I'm making tea for b'fast.

Oh yeah, in case you're wanting to get signed up like an early bird.. I need this info..and please PM or e-mail it to me so I don't miss it:

Full Name

LBT Name

Address

Phone

Anything about you that would be helpful for someone buying you a gift (I love rainbows! I like Pine Trees! Pink is just fabulous! etc.)

-------

Good morning, Violets..

Haydee, we are having our baseboards replaced in our hallway and kitchen/dining area. We hired someone to do it. The Bobster tried, but he just isn't that good with the miter thingy. We got the baseboards at Home Depot.. they are not wood, but composite. The guy we hired is a friend and does it for $15 an hour. Actually Bob just called and he's talking about using wood instead of the composite. We'll have to price them out today.

I did really well yesterday on eating and plan on keeping it up today.. but you know what happens to the best laid plans......

So far today I've had..

1 slice toast with peanut butter

5 mandarin orange segments

2 glasses Crystal Light

No exercise yet. That's yet to come this afternoon. I'm really sore from yesterday so it must be working!!

According to a report I read the other day, I'm a major participant in the dumbing down of America. I watch Flavor of Love, I Love New York, Rock of Love, I Love Money, all those highly intellectual progams offered on VH1.

I'm off to get some cards at Walmart. Got a wedding on Saturday and Kris's 5th anniversary is also Saturday.

Catch you all later!!

Hi all~

The earlier date for Christmas works for me too---but you guys and my DH and DS are really irritating me! They are off getting permits for wood hauling, and y'all are talking Christmas.....like summer is all over! It isn't!! I refuse to be cold already, it just started!!

Today teams arrive. I was going to miss all this, but since we cannot leave for Sturgis this morning......I am gonna Connie Mack instead!! The teams are almost exclusively US teams this year. There is always a local host team---they have never won---and are usually eliminated VERY quickly. The other teams compete to get here, and the local just wins the local tourney! But they have a team here from Houston--Terry, Tracy & Haydee should have tagged along! And teams from Georgia, Illinois, 2 from Arizona, Connecticut, Ohio (they have been here lots of times and won lots!), Florida and a team from Puerto Rico. They qualify by regions and then have 2 qualifier rounds.

They check in tonight, have a big cook out, meet the host families, and have a parade tomorrow with the first ball being thrown out at 5:15 PM tomorrow. I am working the gate Saturday, and probably Sunday I will volunteer the concessions--good reason not to clean!!! LOL There are usually about 5000 people per game--and 2 games a night. They run a shuttle over the weekend, because they have a regional swim meet going on in the same area. It was pretty funny, they showed the swim team check in picture in the paper from last year. The volunteers checking them in were a local ABATE chapter---a motorcycle club! The volunteers were in full leather, bandanas, long hair, beards, tattoos showing---checking in kids in swimwear or summer clothes, super clean cut!!!

Our son come over for breakfast, so I made his favorite, pancakes and sausage---homemade Syrup. So I ate a pancake wrapped around a sausage. Drank a bottle of Water before he showed up----and have one in front of me now. I need to go clean my mess in the kitchen. DIL and grandson will be over soon--the guys rode in to get permits and were going to ride in to Colorado and look at a place we get a lot of Aspen wood.

I think this afternoon Rick and I are going to a movie. He wants to see Swing Vote. So my day with the piehole report will be shot!!! popcorn will do me in! But I will accept defeat today!!! My scale went down another pound----but since I know the future of today, I am not changing anything yet!!! 171--that puts me pretty doggone close to the 160's----amazing, absolutely freaking amazing!!!

Haydee you look lovely as always!! I have a question---maybe I missed it---but are you and Juan living together again? You said you went home and shared his cereal.....made me wonder. Did holding the baby trigger you wanting one? It always does Manda. Abbey is still on bed rest, still bleeding, not heavy, heartbeat is still strong, and her hormone levels have increased right on schedule. Just holding our breath.

One of my friends----actually the one who was banded that made me start looking into it---her oldest son and his wife had a baby yesterday. He was only 6 lbs 13 ounces----but has the absolutely biggest feet I have EVER seen on a baby. Kinsey is 3 1/2 years old and I swear to you they are as big as hers!! No kidding I bet they are 6" long! He looks so strange!!! Look wise he looks like his Daddy did as a kid! But from heel to toe is longer than from heel to knee! He also has big hands---I told her if he grows into them he will leave his 6'2" Daddy behind!!! LOL They named him Dylan Matthew.

I also have a new great niece in Denver....we just got pictures of her, she looks just like her older sister. They named her Saya. Saya Lilia......my SIL kept telling them to name her Saya Nora.....she was very unhappy with the name Saya so was making a joke, then they told her they thought the whole Sayanara thing was funny that they DID name her that, she freaked out. Of course Saya Lilia in my opinion is not much better!!! LOL

Well I need to clean the kitchen before it gets too late and I am chasing the grandson around!!

BBL~~

Kat

Pam, if you can get to a ruler you're still OK! Just get a ribbon or strip of paper, wrap it around your wrist, mark it, then measure it!

Haydee -- Has Juan moved back in????

yep, he's back home. after we came back from my cousins wedding he just came home and stayed. I actually hadn't really noticed any difference because we were already spending most of our time together he just wasn't spending the night... Things haven't changed with me though. I'm still trying to do my own thing and still working on myself. It's really a true test of how things will be with us, as far as the argument resolution and being able to communicate well. So far so good. We started bickering last night and instead of tears and accusations we were able to just sort it out and figure out why we were feeling like we were feeling. HUGE step up from how we used to resolve things...

and yes, holding a baby always makes me want one. But right now I'm not really in a position to have one. When I feel like I'm really truly happy with my life (or as happy and satisfied as one can be...) then I'll be able to committ myself to a baby. I know no one is ever ready ready for a baby and I shouldn't wait too long but right now I'm being a little selfish and just genuinely enjoying my life for once. Not wishing for things, you know? I spent my whole 20's doing that. Just wishing for things to be better, for me to be skinnier, for juan to change... wasted so much time wishing. For once I'm okay with just being...