Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

OK...I promise not to post anymore tonight. But Tracy and Jane...click on these links for the earthquake on Big Brother!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-3UkxGU5h4]YouTube - Big Brother 10 - The Earthquake[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcbE643-hrs]YouTube - BB 10 Earthquake Outside[/ame]

morning

have a good day

Good Morning, Violets..

Getting ready for my flute rehearsal. I fixed an egg with some shredded cheddar this morning and got half of it down, but now it's stuck. Guess I'll have to start flapping my arms and walking around like a chicken and see if it budges.

PamELa.. whew.. what a story!! Sure hope it turns out ok.

Gotta run and get dressed. Everyone have a good day!!

Rick's sister is coming in on Saturday since we are going to be in town for Rick's birthday. She wants her, her sister and I to clean my MIL's house top to bottom. Hell I seldom do my own, I have zero desire to do anyone elses. And in my personal opinion if my MIL can hoe in the garden, and all, she could run a dust rag around, she just chooses not to, and I think I will choose not to help. I do my share hauling wood and all. Then his brother will be here the following Friday. Just what I want to do -- entertain!! Actually I love them all and enjoy their visits, I just feel really crummy! And depressed. I do not want blood sugar issues!

Kat, if you go clean that house I"m going to personally come kick your ass. You do stuff for them ALL YEAR LONG!!!! She has got to be kidding!!! I think I would find some LAME excuse to beg off. But then she'll probably just rope Rick into it instead! :)
I am in for reading a book. I also ordered the one that Haydee and Terry ordered.
Jane, for the record, Haydee and I ordered different books.
Here is the story of that lady. I wrote it in Word cause I didn't want it to disappear............
She sounds like textbook schizophrenic to me. Heavy coke use induces paranoia too. Saw it happen to my friends' husband (now ex)! Man, she has some strange stories!!

Kat, I've had blood sugar issues (hypoglycemia) since I was 16. I don't know how long you've been dealing with yours, and different things work for different people, but mine is best controlled by eating low-carb and sugar-free everything! If I do eat sugar, it HAS TO BE along with a meal. Not eating at all is really, really bad for hypoglycemics. I have to eat something just about every 3 hours or so....even if it's just 1 oz. of cheese. Protein+fat are the best Snacks for me (cheese, Peanut Butter, nuts, SF Protein bars, etc). The fat keeps the Protein from being digested too quickly which can screw up blood sugars just as easily as carbs under the right conditions.

WHY ARE YOU NOT EATING?

I'll go back and catch up... but

KAT: My Dad stopped by to visit, and ended up taking Kinsey home with him, so I am now really at loose ends!! She was whiny and cranky. She was up a good part of the night, her Daddy got hurt at work, so they spent hours in immediate care. He is an electronics technician--and in charge of the black boxes in all the trucks. A guy come in saying his truck was overheating and his box was shutting off---which send signal to Denver that he just stopped driving suddenly! So Jason test drove it, and sure enough it was not working, so he come back and was going to disconnect it, and unplugged it on the inside, then had to open the hood to get the the last of the plugs for it. When he opened the hood, the radiator blew. He had full PPE on, and happened to have his head turned away talking to someone, but it burned his hand---just the bottom half, and about 3 inches of his wrist, that was bare. He had long sleeves, but when you stretch, they pull up.....so he is a mass of blisters. And get this-------his boss is threatening to fire him over it! It broke their unrecordable accident record---booohooo-------he got hurt at work! Rick thinks they guy is trying to make him mad enough he will quit....I dunno!

HELL NO HE DOES NOT QUIT! That is Workmans COMP! His supervisor needs to make a report and send it in to their WORK COMP CARRIER ASAP! When he is at ANY DOC for this he needs to be ADAMANT that it is WORK COMP.. NOT HIS INSURANCE........ no scripts or docs or nothing!!!! and they can not fire him for getting hurt..... if he does then he needs to contact an attorney...... if he is off work, for more than a week.. the Work Comp Insurance will pay him 2/3rds of his pay. NOT his payroll dept. but the Work Comp Carrier.

Wowza, Pam... scary! What luck that she called your number & you sent help!! Yikes!! ... & you're ok w/the earthquakes?

I can't commit to the book but I'll read your posts & glean wisdom from each of you!

Today's another day... nothing special... regular stuff... make it a good one, Vi's!!

Finished putting in my stuff on daily plate for yesterday....

Had 1300 calories for the day and 57g Protein.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not great, but surely an improvement.

Pam: WOW what a story!!!!!!! and also cool link to the BB earthquake!

Haydee: Cute skirt.

Pie Hole report from yesterday:

1st: thing Cookie

B: coffee w/sf Creamer

B: Granola Bar (180 cal)

L: tuna lunch Kit

S: 1/2 bag of popcorn w/REAL butter

D: Pork Steak.... that I ate too fast and had a HORRIBLE vomit incident when I bent over to pluck weeds out of my flower beds

S: Medium vanilla cone from DQ (not soured!)

Oh and while I was fixing dinner I had the last of the bottle of white russian premix.........

then later after the cone......... I had a dt. dr pepper and the last of my cocunut rum.. (today is trash day and I was cleaning out the fridge before vacation) yeah thats my story.....

So i have no idea how many calories or carbs all that was...........

AF finally showed up yesterday in full force and today the scale was 179.2

TODAY:

Coffee w/powdered creamer

granola bar ( 180 cal)

I am going to TRY to drink some water.....

It is funny about how people reacted with the earthquake. We had one a few months about the same magnitude and it was odd, it really was the only one I remember. We had a strongish one in the late 60s, but I only remember that my mom was freaked out.

I think I am busy at work today, I am hoping for a fairly hunger free day! Drinking coffee now, and then hoping in the shower and blah, blah, blah.

What are you reading Haydee?

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Jane

Hi girls~

Well, I think I was sick yesterday was why nothing sounded good to eat, and I hurt all over! Went to bed with a pretty good fever, Rick turned off the alarm before it went off, and told me to stay in bed, and the next thing I know it is 10:00 AM and my doorbell is ringing!! Was just my folks---I opened my mouth to speak to them, and almost nothing come out----my voice is gone, but today I feel fine!! Go figure, I have some sort of migrating virus!! LOL

Nothing at all sounds good to me lately---I just do not care about eating. It is the wierdest thing for me! Usually hungry or not I can think of a dozen things that sound yummy. But nada---it all just makes me curl my lip---yuck! I have not PB'd or anything that would like turn me off of food or anything, nothing just appeals. I eat because I have too. I felt crummy yesterday, but otherwise, I am not depressed or anything -- everything else is good, just lost my love affair with food!

Terry---I do not plan to clean with my SIL's. There are things I do for them that involve cleaning---I Shampoo their carpet usually once a year---and I might go do that when they finish their cleaning job--------but that is it! When we are out visiting, I take the Webster out, and go through the beams on the high ceilings, and along the corners, and lamp shades, get all the cobwebs knocked down---I know they simply do not see them....and I don't mind, we visit as I chase webs--but I do it every couple of weeks, I do not need a vacation to be spent cleaning!! Rick is working, so he will not be available through the day either, and hopefully she is worn out by evening, and will not try to recruit him, or I will seriously be the bitch SIL!!!

Tracy----Jason finally told the jerk off boss yesterday---in a heated moment "Go ahead, keep at it, and run me off---when you do I am gonna keep on running straight to my attorney!" Then he went and had a closed door session with the safety guy---and he said they mentioned it, and moved on to talking about boats, but the boss had no idea, and was pretty decent afterwards!!! He went to Reliance which is the medical place they send all work related injuries, and they are handling it. This is the same boss Rick has to work for and he is an ASS! He threatened Rick's position when he had his open heart surgery---telling him that they might not be able to keep his slot open! Amazingly they did!! He just likes to make people miserable. But get this, he actually called Chana---the girl we went to the rally with her and her husband---she is Rick's secretary---and ask her to come pick him and his girlfriend up at the bar---at 2 AM not too long ago. So she did!!! But she stopped by work first and clocked in! No one has questioned why she put in an hour and a half in the middle of the night, but she has documented it! They have a lot against him, as far as him being seriously racially biased.....and much of that is documented by those of the same race!! But he is a minority---one carefully protected where I live, and he is crippled (bad leg) so firing him, is a lawsuit waiting for the company.

Terry---I will try as you say to eat regularly--so guess I should go start!!! it is almost noon! I did see a new all time low on the scale today, 172. I want to be able to enjoy food though!!! My goal was to be at 175 fully clothed for my follow up appointment on the 4th. I might do it!

BBL~~

Kat

I just read a post by a newbie (banded early-July)...49 yrs old, 215# (same as me when I got banded)...and said she wanted to be 120# in a year. Oh, but she just can't seem to get to the gym.... blah blah blah.

I wanted to pop in so bad and say "Oh yeah!! I want to be 120# too!! When you find the magic wand, pass it my way!" I didn't, but I wanted to!! :)

You should have, Terry!!

Piehole report:

B = van chai Protein Shake (what a surprise!)

L = 2 oz leftover meatloaf (no breadcrumbs), sauteed zuchini, mini marinated mozarella balls

D = 3/4 c. homemade chicken salad on greens, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 cheese bisquit (if I can't resist once I make them)

water = 16 oz so far... not so good

exercise = walking around Sam's Club... heh heh

New goal is to be @ -90 by the end of Aug; -100 @ the end of Sept; -120 (always my original goal at the beginning of all this) by the end of this year... doable... if I eat right & get back to exercising!!

Oh -- question! I can never remember... what pain reliever are we allowed to take & which one are we not supposed to take... I usually just gobble whatever... but my right hip & knee are bothering me & I figured if I was going to be taking something regularly, it should probably be the approved one! duh...

What book did we decide on? Or did we? I got the Shrink Yourself: Stop Emotional Eating Forever book...is that right? That is a biggie for me...hope it helps.

Susanne is gonna shit when she see's another book come into the house. She is cleaning out all our "products" now. Hairspray, creams, lotions, face crap...all getting thrown out. I walk in and start looking at the "trash" box. She said, "I knew you'd do this...save this, keep this." LOL...so I left the room!

BBL

I am hungry...not a pork rind in sight! Kidding Haydeexoxoxoxoxoxoox

OH yeah, Piehole Report: (love that name)

B: 2 eggs, 1/4 c. 2%cheese, 2turkey sausage links

S: 4 bites of kick ass crab salad I made (PB slime)

1.5 bottles of Water so far

OK...gonna go see what else is getting thrown out. Problem is w/ 2 women...we have sooooo much crap. Gonna call a friend and tell her to go through the "trash" box and take what she wants. We are talking new tampons, pads (don't need those anymore), and tons of 1/2 used creams. This is stuff you can share w/ others. Anyhoo...bbl