Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

:) Me, Me!! But I ordered that book called [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Shrink-Yourself-Emotional-Eating-Forever/dp/0470275375/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217366784&sr=1-1]"Shrink Yourself"[/ame] -- if anyone wants to join me reading it, I'd be pleased as punch! It hasn't arrived yet, probably won't for a week or more (Used copy, cheap shipping).

It looks like everyone is doing better by reporting what goes into your piehole, eh? It's helping me!

B: cottage cheese, berries, coffee+cream

L: salad w/ bits of sliced beef and bleu cheese + balsamic vinaigrette + flatbread :wink2:

761 calories so far

Well, I feel like I am damned if I do, and damned if I don't!!! I was so miserable full, so I went outside and watered, and come in and worked around here, I was sooooooo exhausted, I thought I would fall over! It hurts everywhere.

So my DD called to find out where to get Kinsey, and I was whining about how I felt. So she got Kinsey and stopped back by here with my Dads BS meter. Again I was sitting in the high 60's!! The other night when I fainted, I was 68. So she got all pissy, and made me eat a brownie----and I do feel like a whole new person. What can I eat to be enough but not too much?

I have an appointment with my PCP on Friday. Which sucks, I wanted to go out of town....couldn't do it, and now I have to see my Dr. too????? unfair.....yep totally unfair.

Guess I will go read up on natural sugars.....and quit going without food. No winning is there???!!!

Cute skirt Haydee---but with my long legs, they always look like I am trying to be a ballerina or something, they appear too short-----and foofy! LOL

Rick's sister is coming in on Saturday since we are going to be in town for Rick's birthday. She wants her, her sister and I to clean my MIL's house top to bottom. Hell I seldom do my own, I have zero desire to do anyone elses. And in my personal opinion if my MIL can hoe in the garden, and all, she could run a dust rag around, she just chooses not to, and I think I will choose not to help. I do my share hauling wood and all. Then his brother will be here the following Friday. Just what I want to do -- entertain!! Actually I love them all and enjoy their visits, I just feel really crummy! And depressed. I do not want blood sugar issues!

BBL~~

Kat

Oh yeah TracyK----how is Frank liking his new job? I keep meaning to ask you!!

Kat

Just a little while ago when he got home he said "I do not have a job that I hate anymore". Soooo, in a nutshell, he is VERY happy :wink2:

My dinner consisted of a peice of whole grain bread and 3 oz of bbq pulled pork (yum yum)

Terry is right. Being accountable the past couple of days on what we have been eating is definitely helping me too. Thanks for starting this Terry!

Have a great night everyone!

Good evening Violets..

Just back from my 2 hour singing rehearsal. My food consumption for today was..

2/3 cup cottage cheese with 1/4 cup blueberries and 1T. splenda brown sugar blend

1/4 of a BBQ chicken quesadilla

2 granola bars

1 Butter Burger

4 fries

1 sugar free ice cream bar

2 liters of Crystal Light

I am done for the day with eating. I did 40 minutes on the Wii today.

Everyone have a great evening. sleep well.

Edited by Teachlady

Here is the story of that lady. I wrote it in Word cause I didn't want it to disappear.

One of my research participants C agreed in late May to participate in the study. She gave her boss her contact information, which she then gave to me. I called on Friday and she answered. I said, “C?” and she said, “NO.” She said I had the wrong number. I knew I didn’t…but decided to call her other number anyway.

I called her other number which turned out to her school. I talked to the secretary and she said she was in and out of her classroom and patched me through. I left a message w/ her instructional aid…or so I thought. I gave my name, email, phone number and the nature of my call. I explained that C agreed to do this and that her boss gave me the info.

On Saturday morning, I get a call that started out, “This is a recorded message from C (and last name) for Jennifer somethingorother???. By the time you get this message, I’ll be dead!” She went on about her cheating husband, and some indiscretion between he and this woman (she had the wrong number, obviously). She went on and on…I grabbed my audio recorder that I have been using for my interviews. I taped the end of her message. She left some number, something about her husband or something (much of the message w/ blurred and jumbled). She concluded her message w/, “You can find me hanging in my garage…”

I quickly called 911. I shared w/ them as much information as I could…only her now 3 numbers I had for her. I was so scared she was going to hurt herself. I said a few prayers and thought about her all day. I called later that afternoon (the phone call came in about 9am) and spoke w/ some man who said she was talking w/ a doctor. I did not explain about the earlier call, nor that I was the one who called 911.

On Monday, her district office called me. She told them I was following her (she lives 1 hour away). She said she called my number and some guys were laughing in the background. This, mind you, the same number that her district office called 5 min. later, my home number. They questioned me about everything, my study, my district, etc. They have all my information, name, phone, email, etc. Out of respect for C, I did not tell her district about the suicidal call. I didn’t want to embarrass her. The lady at the district said she said people were following her???

Anyway, she is not going to be involved in my study.

hi everyone

I'm off to bed.. long hard day and was doing well until mom made popcorn.... shit can't do that... it is something i can eat.....

oh well... talked to a guy i recently met today... going to see the Police and Elvis Costello friday night and he is going too... maybe we can meet????????

thanks all

Good Grief Pamela---keep us posted!!!

Still feeling crappy. Rick took me to DQ to give me a sugar rush---and their AC had gone out, and the ice cream was soured----gag!!!!!! Good way to keep me from eating it!!!

Off to bed with me....see you in the morning!

Hugs!

Kat

Rotten DQ...what a total buzz kill. Hope your feeling better!

I ordered the book from Amazon...it will be here Friday! Don't start reading it w/o me.

I am making Cornish Game Hens for dinner. I just pulled 'em out of oven after 1 hour and they are not done. Gonna be close to 8 before we can eat. Having broccaflower w/ it. I love that...been looking for it all summer, finally found it!

BBL

PS~Sorry for the large long post...what a story eh?

Pam, that is some weird chick!!!

Maybe somebody can start a thread on the book we choose? Is there a restriction on the nature of threads?

I did fine on my day of eating except the box of wheat thins I had. I was doing fine, and started eating, and next thing you know! OOOOOOOPPPSSSSSSS. So add a box of wheat thins to the mix for me.

That is so bizarre Pam!! So one thing I was confused about, was C the suicide caller? And she just called your number by accident?

I ate a bit more than I meant to tonight, we went to Red Robin first and miraculously I could eat half of a giant burger, with the bun.. is a mystery to me!!!!

I have a stupid question. When I blog, does that mean everybody or anybody can read it? I thought it was just something for me. Also, I just wrote out a long thoughtful blog, and it said I couldn't do it for administrative reasons??? I lost what I had written, and it was sooo good!!!

I like the idea of every day being separate, otherwise I could just do word? I am confused!!

Jane~Don't know about blogging...i have a hard enough time keeping up w/ the violets and All My Children!

Laura~ Yes, C is the suidcide caller...She had my number because I gave it to her instructional aid the day before. I think the chick is on drugs or something. She told the lady from the district someone was following her. Weird...I just pray that she finds peace.

Well, the beautiful Cornish Game Hen and broccaflower...was wonderful. All 3 bites of it! Then, I had the PB the size of Texas! Complete w/ noise, slime and a fart as I was purging in the kitchen sink (sooooo attractive). Then it turned in to a full on vomit. So...

S: (about 4pm after swimming) was 1/2 c. of imitation crab meat salad.

D: dinner salad (stayed down cause I had it 30 min before)

I had some Low Carb ice cream! Man, it looked good and Susanne cleaned her bones!

Have a great night! I am off to watch BB!

xoxoxoxooxox