Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

whew, dd and I just got back from finishing our mile walk for the day....and OMG is it HOT out there! Thank goodness the wind was blowing some out there otherwise I would have called a taxi (with a/c)to bring us back home

Kat - i may have missed it but why do you suffer so much from reflux? are you on any medication? do you think it might affect your band??

TracyK - I had 16 oz of Water so far. I need to really get on it...

Laura - Just looked at the skirt and it's gonna be too big for your skinny ass....

I'm gonna take a pic of it and whoever wants it just let me know. I got it at Target for 5 bucks and I would hate to return it... It's marked size 16W/18W.

I would report what I have eaten but you wouldn't like it. Bad morning over here on my side of the tracks.

Last night I was taking my socks of and I managed to hit the bottom of a pair of shoes and it looks like I have broken another toe. At least it's on the same foot. It looks real ugly this morning and hurts like *&%$. I have my appointment with the Orthopedic Doc on thursday so I'll have him take a look at it.

So than this morning while I'm at a meeting I get a call from my older Sis that she had fallen out of bed this morning and hurt her hip. She wanted to know if I could bring the walker over. I get over there and she can't even walk straight. She has to sidestep it. So I pack her up and take her to the ER. I called her duaghter and left a message for her. She called me back and ended up coming over so I could leave because I have to get ready to go to work. They were getting ready to take her in to get an x-ray of the hip. I'll find out soon what is going on.

So I confess, I had 3 donut sticks before I looked at the package and they were 470 calories. Yikes. That doesn't leave me mucjh for the rest of the day. So I just had a half of a grilled ham and cheese and 1/2 cup of potato salad. Looks like I can't eat dinner. I'll probably end up having a Protein Drink and than call it quits for the day.

Everyone have a great day and I'll check in later.

Piehole report:

B = vanilla chai Protein shake

L = 2-egg egg salad

S = 140 cal Southbeach bar

16 oz Water so far... need to do more

Am... *AM!!!* going to walk @ dd's pom practice tonight... it's at a park w/a path so I *WILL* walk it, dammit! (Excuse me while I try to convince myself!)

Haydee... couldn't see the skirt???

((Suzie))

Continue on, Vi's...

Skirt didn't post for me either!! But I doubt it'll fit me :thumbup: I actually got a size 16 stretchy/flowy/silky skirt from Cato yesterday, and it's too big. I was going to take it back but I already threw out the receipt (derr)

I had 1/2 cheese roll up from taco bell & 2 bites of pintos & cheese w/onions.. for lunch.< /p>

Well I never made breakfast.....got lots accomplished around home though!!! Finally decided lunch was in order, so I had a taquito (flauta, rolled taco....whatever you want to call it) with salsa, 4 cheese curd bites, and a few slices of cucumber. Now I am burping the cucumber--the only thing good for me, and I burp it!!! LOL

I have had reflux issues for years. I had a haital hernia. I believe it to be a genetic deformity! Both my parents have the same issue, as does my brother, my Grandma did as well.....I had to have a swallow study done prior to banding, and my esophgus looked fine, I work with the reflux, sleep inclined, avoid late meals, do not sleep on my back--so there appeared to be no damage, and I was ok'd for surgery. Things changed, and I went to MX for surgery, and the Dr. fixed the herniation during surgery, but told me I have a very thin walled diaphragm. It lasted for about 5 months, and herniated again. They did all the swallow tests, my band was well seated, and there was not an abnormal amount of stomach above the band.....it just seemed the hiatal hernia had happen again.

So I take my Prilosec, and am usually fine.....but not last night!!!

My fill Dr. who is a surgeon as well, always does my fills and exams himself, and he said it is not at all uncommon for them to reherniate, which is why it is a seldom done, stand alone surgery.

There are times girls----that getting old really sucks!!! LOL

Working on my 3rd bottle of water---Propel Water this time---mandarin orange, not too bad. When I finish it I will have 72 ounces in!!! Gotta fix the things I am eating though!!! My portions are filling me too full. I feel like such an idiot when I realize I am miserably full!!! If I had avoided 2 cheese curds I would have been fine!

I couldn't see the skirt either.....

Well off to water tomatoes.

Kat

Quick update~ I have to do an interview @ 1:30, then 1 @ 2pm, 1 @ 5pm, 1 @ 6 pm. REMIND ME TO TELL YA'LL OF THE NUTJOB ...OMG, YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS ONE. I'll type it out tonight. Long story...but a good one!

Piehole report:

B: coffee, s/f Creamer, splenda (do i need count coffee?)

2 scram eggs w/ 1/4 c. 2% cheese, 3 turkey sausages 1 piece of Susanne's turkey bacon

L: 2 cheese hotdogs (sans bread) 1 teaspoon of paminto (sp) cheese (3 carbs but sooo worth it)

That is it so far. 1/2 way through second bottle of Water. Not going to dance class tonight, but gonna go skinny dipping (oxymoron) about 3pm. I will do some laps and some exercises there!

Susanne is watching a Jean Claude Van Dam movie...lol, shit if you ask me, lol.

OK...gotta run!

Did we decide on a book for our book club? I am swamped but can squeeze it in if everyone is gonna do it.

Raise your hand if you wanna do the book club thing. I think Terri and Haydee have the first book. Will get the measurements to you ASAP Terri!

xoxoxox

BTW suzie-I was at my job for 18 years. Started out loving it, loved it, loved it, then liked it , then it was OK, then I was 'just doing it cause I have to', then OVER IT, I was done with a capital D. I do not miss it at all, nothing, zero, zip, nada....

I'm in for a book club, if it's not diet books? ? I only heard ya'll mention those. I'm actually reading Journey to the Centre of the Earth right now, but I should be finished in a day or so :wink2:)

Ohhh that reminds me, I bought the Elephant book one of you suggested.. I completely forgot about it, it's on my bookshelf.. Ok, I gotta read that one first too lol.