Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Jane..

I highly recommend the Wiifit. I did 30 minutes on it this morning and it said my Wiifit age was 46.. wooo hoooo. I have only lost 1#, but my pants are getting looser and looser. This is my 3rd week with the Wiifit and I still can't wait to get on it during the day. It's expensive, but so much fun!

Aunt Pammie - You're the best!!!!!!

Haydee!! Dang you're busy!!! I was out your way yesterday afternoon and almost called you thinking you might be lounging around doing nuttin'. HA!

Jane..

I highly recommend the Wiifit. I did 30 minutes on it this morning and it said my Wiifit age was 46.. wooo hoooo. I have only lost 1#, but my pants are getting looser and looser. This is my 3rd week with the Wiifit and I still can't wait to get on it during the day. It's expensive, but so much fun!

I went to the website yesterday and poked around trying to figure out exactly what the wiifit offers. Looks like they have yoga, aerobics, balance and strength training. What I saw didn't exactly look "fun"....but maybe they don't describe it very well. Looked like you just follow along with the 'trainer' on the screen ... ??

Holy Heck……….. they took out .4cc……… almost half a cc……. I’m scared of being hungry…… by my calculations my band had about 3.7 cc’s in it… so I’m hovering a little over 3.3 cc’s

I’ve got to get it through my head that just because I might feel a bit hungrier than I have been .. it doesn’t mean I’m going to gain back the 95 lbs I lost…..

I can go get a fill in a month if I need it.

Damn my stomach just growled! I don’t even REMEMBER THE LAST TIME IT GROWLED!!!!!!!!!!!!

PIE HOLE REPORT:

coffee w/sf creamer

3/4 of a crunch pb granola bar (on the way to the doc)

Right now drinking.......... Dt. Dr. Pepper w/ shot of vanilla in it.

I brought left over potatoe Soup for lunch...........but I also have tuna lunch on the go kits stashed in my desk.....

I am afraid to eat! (someone tell me I'm being riduculous) seriously.. I'm afraid to open my mouth and insert food, because I'm afraid 95 lbs will JUMP RIGHT BACK ON ME................... (guess I need to tag along to Mary Jo with Haydee and Tracy)

I want the Wiifit!!

The house she's in, is a house DH&I rented when we first moved here (site unseen, we just needed a place to move back to), it was cheap and in a good area.. but it's a POS house to begin with, it's really old and the owners are cheap.. there's plumbing and electric problems, but they wouldn't spend the money to fix it.. they kept telling us WE could pay, and I'm like hell no I'm no updating your house. The stove & dish washer were portable, and the refrigerator went in the laundry room..and the washing machine connectors were from the 70's, so we had to buy a plug to adapt our new machines.. but, when we moved out, parents decided to take over renting it for her.. they have trashed the place more than it was.. the toilets, neither worked.. they were both crusted over, looks like a cave.. black cavern looking, with a hole in the middle.. and no Water in sight.. meanwhile water is leaking from the ceiling into light fixtures, and in some closets that we noticed.. lot of mildew and rotting away.. We took inventory of things my parents are going to have to replace.. carpet, painting walls, lots of holes in the walls, both mirrors in both bathrooms were shattered.. then we were trying to figure out what to do with the toilets, and one toilet seat is stained beyond repair (with pink stuff, not sure what it was).. then mom was messing with the plumbing, knocked off the top of the lid and busted it.. so I think they're going to have to buy a whole new toilet.. and everything in the house is old POS, so that kind of sucks.. it's a teeny tiny toilet, from 30 years ago.

It's a headache.. luckily my parent's friend/handyman owes them $1k, so she's going to tell him they bought this house to fix-up and have renters waiting, and need him to fix it up by mid August. They're going to recarpet and repaint before handing it back over. The leaking everywhere, mom says that's their problem, but I watch enough judge shows to know it's neglect for my sister to have never told the landlord, so it's ruining the walls/floor in the house. We turned the water off in the yard, and water is still bubbling from all over the place.

My doc said my band was tight when he put it in, and I believe him. I have 2cc in right now I think.. and I am way too tight :lol:

I need like 1.7cc I think. 1.5cc was a decent amount, but when I hit 223lb the restriction just magically poofed and I kept bouncing. Now I am 2cc and I am too tight, despite going under 223lb it won't stop being so damn tight. Just don't have time to go back to him right now.

Drinking my Water now!

I'm not gonna write down what I eat....bad enough I lie to myself, I am not about to start lying to all of you all too! lol

Wow Laura that house sounds like a ROYAL headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm eating left over cheddar potato soup... ( I have to go easy on my band after a fill/unfill) My stomach was screaming at me..... its quieted down now.....

Good morning Gal Pals!

Kinsey and I have been so lazy, we went back to bed, and slept til after 9---we had some cereal....and just now barely got dressed!!!

So as for food I have had a small bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats cinnamon cluster Cereal. With regular, whole fat milk. Kinsey needs the fat, so we just buy it, I don't drink enough of it to make a big difference. I have dairy issues----it causes reflux soooo bad!!! I usually reserve it for morning, like yogurt--but if I do ice cream or something dairly late, I will reflux all night long!

TracyKS----actually low carbing at the rally can be done pretty easily. The small one we just went to, one of the girls we were with was low carbing----she found lots of chicken on a stick, turkey legs, etc. She found a Breakfast burrito they made her with no potatoes, and she just opened it up and used the tortilla like a plate! She managed all weekend. I didn't do so well!!! There is a place that does the local rounds called Big Daddy's BBQ. I love their pulled pork! I ate it with a fork....which would have been so so----but Jason ( a friend) insisted on bringing those HUGE bricks of curly fries to the table!!! Of course I had to try a couple of bits, and french fries are hard for me to digest.....so aversion therapy helped! The killer for me....the chocolate dipped cheesecake....as usual!

A little prep, and you should be ok. Are you going to cook at camp at all? Any way to keep things good and cold?

Terry---how did your Mom settle into the new wing?

Judy---so what routine do you do on the Wiifit?

TracyK---My butt HATES my bike!! I am sore for a week for a 1 hour ride, seriously. Maybe conditioning would help, but I get tired of walking around hurting! You would think as much time as I spend in the saddle it would help--but it does not!

Laura---your Mom is realizing how extremely lucky she is to have you, without drug issues, and willing to help her as she deals with all of it with your sister. Let her treat you---she would not have offered if she didn't want to. I love doing things with my kids!

Haydee--so did you get any good ideas at the wedding show? I went to one once with a friend, everything was ungodly expensive!!!

Pamela---so is the office ready for its picture debut????

Michelle---I think you should just adopt a pouty attitude for the day, and relax, people will avoid you, thinking you are out of sorts----you could read, or knit, anything you want!!! LOL

Jenn---you made it through the weekend, now figure out one thing you want to do for YOU this week, and do whatever is necessary to do it!

Jane---I scrolled back looking for the ringtone thing too--I am imagining a ring tone of Judy singing, or playing the flute, and was thinking WOW how cool is she, could not find it!!! You seeing that ad was like Tracy saying that about the Kimkins ad, she lost me too!!! LOL--it does not take a lot to confuse me!

Suzanne---Hang in there for your busy week, and do a lap for me in the pool!!!

Denise---how's the house coming??

Well, I feel at loose ends this morning, like relaxing is foreign!! I have lots of cleaning to do-------just don't wanna do it!!!

Guess I should tho----bbl~

Kat

Ok.. I ate my soup.......... and suprise.......... I didn't instantly explode into the size 24 person I was pre band.

Thanks Kat...... yeah that is a thought I might actually be ABLE to eat some of the meats..... wow.

yes we are cooking dinners at camp. (at least that is the plan)

Tracy---don't forget to take some packets of the WC oatmeal, it would take up little space and travel well. And when you get into town, you could buy a dozen eggs, and they would boil easily in a pan when you were cooking dinner. I actually read an article saying that eating hard boiled eggs boosted the metabolism a lot! I just cannot eat them-----ick!

How are you taking your stuff to Sturgis, do you have a travel companion car? If so, you could do a lot of prep work. And like the tuna things in your desk---they can go. That way if you behave most of the time, and want something for a treat, it won't be like you ate crazy the entire time. And on top of that the cost is prohibitive!!! food from the vendors is always high dollar----so you can save some cash, anbd buy you a cute little shirt instead!!!

Kat

GREAT IDEA! I will take both WC oatmeal and some tuna kits......

We are actually trailering the bikes so yes, we can take the kitchen sink if needed. This will be my first time TRAILERING to Sturgis... (my ex would turn over in his grave before trailering) LOL......... but we are leaving overnight Friday arriving Saturday... will be weird for me to "cheat" but Oh well....... I'll get over it...... especially if it RAINS, HAILS or Blows Crosswinds! LOL

Tracy-when you low carb, how many do you limit yourself to? I read pam is doing 20, what about you? I am trying to get some ideas from everyone.

No wii console, but I did get the wii fit. Went to 7 stores and no luck, just the last wii fit and I bought it. Now I just need the console.

I had 5 boneless wings and about 10 french fries (they were really small).

Off to do some stuff at home!!

Jane

Ok.. here's my Wiifit routine most days.

I start with the balance stuff. Ski jump, slalom, guiding a bubble through a river, butting soccer balls coming at me. Nothing really taxing, but fun and I'm developing my balance.

Then I do the aerobics. I love these. There is the hula hoop where you spin your hips around just like you would if you had a hoop and you lean every so often to catch hoops they throw at you. That's a couple minutes each time of twirling your hips.. a good exercise. Then I do the step dance aerobics. It's not fast and not complicated, once you've done it several times. Then I do the step one that is just stepping on and off the balance board for 800 steps. You can watch tv while you're doing that. Then I do boxing and then I finish up with the jogging in place. You can choose the 3 minute or free run which is 10 or 20 minutes. That you can do also while you watch tv. The sound is in the background letting you know how far you've gone. After that I do the strength training and I usually do the tricep extensions.. 10 on each arm and then 20 with both arms together. I do a couple of other ones I can't think of right now and then I finish it all up with the yoga. Lots of stretching and breathing. It's a no brainer to do 30 minutes. It just flies by. It records how you do so I'm always trying to beat my best record. The best part is it's there whenever I want to do it. No special outfits, no getting in the car and going to the gym. Between that and my bikes and glider, I get a darn good workout.