Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I went researching the book that Haydee is supposed to read and it got mixed reviews on Amazon. So I looked for others in the related field and found this one that I think I'll get. It got great reviews and lots of them:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0470044853/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top]Amazon.com: Shrink Yourself: Break Free from Emotional Eating Forever: Roger Gould: Books[/ame]

Hi guys

well... no verdict... still not here is ... if he is telling lies they sure are good ones ... last night told me he was renting a uhaul today... so i'm a mess...

got up and made a huge Breakfast, eggs, grits, hash browns, sausage, and corned beef hash... of course i picked but kids were happy.... i'm going through a slight meltdown right now not knowing what he is doing... and going to mow the lawn in a few...to distract myself

i'll keep you all posted... that is if i'm sober later... because vodka has been my very best friend for the last 3 days

Morning Violets~

Jenn~ I gotta say it. Maybe it is the lesbian feminist in me...maybe it is the smart independent woman in me....but (said because I love you), girl...you've got to pull your head out of this guys ass and stop letting him define you. Take him out of the picture and think about who YOU are...what YOU want...what you can do to make YOU happy. We only go around on this planet one time, and if you rely on someone else to make you happy...you may never get what you deserve. I understand about the Vodka...really I do. But the Vodka is just the bandaid. Keep him around for a piece of ass or some money from time to time and to have a relationship w/ your kids, but you don't need him to make up YOUR mind. I am only saying this cause I care...please tell me to shut the hell up if you want. Think about it please...you are an amazing woman.

Judy~ Where the hell have you been? Just kidding...just missed you roomie!

Terri~ We should do a book club. All of us read one of this books and discuss!

Michelle~ Where the hell are you too? Just kidding...did I miss something about you leaving?

Laura~ I am sooo jealous about Jamaica...when do you leave? Take tons of pix. Sorry about your sister, hope she is gonna get the help she needs.

TracyK~ I need a pink and purple bike w/ a basket and a horn too...Can mawmaw get me one too? How about you? That way you and Macy can ride around the "hood" together on your matching bikes...now that is a cute idea!

Jane~ What is up girlie? Your doctor is an asshole...I've been in a mood lately...tell it like it is. I hope you don't have to see 'em often.

Kat~ Hey slim...can't wait to see more pix. Did you get dh to take you out to eat?

Susie~ I am glad you are enjoying the pool. Why can't ya'll go skinny dipping? I went 2 times yesterday...the Water was perfect! Nevermind, I forgot you and dh don't live alone...well enjoy it anyway!

TracyKS~ have a great weekend!

Haydee~ you too...where the hell are my Pork rinds? I am kidding...at this point it is funnier NOT to get 'em!xoxoxo

OK..we are having coffee and are gonna tackle the office later. The office became a dumping ground the last few months w/ Susanne moving in and all my dissertation shit EVERYWHERE! I'll take b & a pix...wish us luck!

xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox

Good morning everyone.

I am off to the fairgrounds for the end of the 2nd go rounds.....it is all winding down. I was up til after 2 this morning, my stomach is trashed. We had really spicy food for dinner, and I think that began my trouble. Then we got word that one of my favorite kids from the bull riders group had been critically injured during his ride, he had spinal surgery last night, but there is still no word on its results because swelling is still an issue. He got stomped by a bull weighing over a ton. When I got that news, it felt like everything in my stomach curdled, and it has been burning like FIRE ever since. I am going onto liquids for the day--possibly some real mushy soup---but super BLAND, absorptive type of things, try to calm it down----no more spice for a few days. Going to try to avoid calming it with ice cream as well! If you would please, remember Corbin Carpenter in your prayers---he is 17 and from Louisiana.

Jenn----I know you are stressed, but girl the vodka is not gonna help. It can cause so many more problems than you are facing right now----and can make the ones you are facing so much worse. Furthermore, your DD especially is at a really bad age for her to see you use alcohol as a coping method, because you sure do not want her to do that. I am not trying to be cruel or preach at you, but vodka was my brothers coping mechanism for years, as well as our friend Pauls.......I attended Pauls memorial service a couple of weeks ago, he died from liver cancer. We love you and want you happy, masking the emotions with vodka is not going to change either the emotions or their intended outcome. I think you need to read Haydee's posts over the last couple of months---she too is going through something similar. But she actually lived with Juan for a fairly long while, but when she went home from San Antonio, she began looking out for Haydee first and decided what SHE wanted. SHE made the decision, not Juan (or Kev in your case) YOU need to decide what will make you happy, and if he can do that, then he needs to do it, if not---borrow a page from Haydee, and move on--looking for things to make YOU happy. As she is discovering, it might just bring what you wanted all along.

I'll quit now.....but the vodka thing scares me, and I had to say it----any time you want to call me....I am here! ((((hugs)))))

Yesterday when we went to set up camp for my folks----the camp area has this circle drive----and I needed to turn around, so I sat Kinsey on my lap, and let her help me steer around the loop like my Dad used to do with me. She was flying HIGH---she has already called me this morning to tell me, she is a good driver!!!

TracyK---as for the bike, that is a grandparents perogitive.....it is what we do. Granny is my name, spoiling is my game!!! Just ask Judy---we have it down to an art!!

Terry---good luck today! Sorry your sister left you in the lurch again.

Pamela.....I am so excited to see you moving on with your interviews--------yay you!!!

Jane--sorry work is not appealling today. Not much making me real excited today either!! I need to get going, just can't find any motivation!

Everyone take care----I'll be back in awhile!!

Kat

My motivation kicked in just enough to get me to work, and now I am home!! I had two cancellations kind of a sucky day.

If anyone has Beauty Brands by them and use professional stuff their 10.99 liter sale is a good one. Some of it is over my cost, but the majority of products are under my cost. Good deal if it exists near you.

I think a book club is a great idea. I have a coupon for 5.00 at borders, I am going to see if it is there.

If I don't make it back tonight have a good one!!!

I ordered the "Shrink Yourself..." book ...a used copy from Amazon for $7.30.

I'll be ready!!

Haydee... where the hell are Pamela's Pork rinds? ?

TracyKS - I got an HR question. If I put away flex money (is that what it's called?) can I use it towards these sessions?

Unfortunatley No, the only way I got my pscy eval covered under my flex was because it was REQUIRED for getting my band.. I argued with the people.. :tt2: anyway... unless you find a loop hole you can't use it.

Look up Flex Spending Account or FSA.. on IRS.gov for guidelines.

Ours says it will allow for a psychologist but not a psychiatrist---or the other way maybe. If they can prescribe, they were covered!!!

Raining---and I got things on theline bbl

Kat

Good evening, Violets..

Bob left to go to a Tiger's game and won't be home til tomorrow night so I've been out in the backyard and in the pool today. Here is a link to some pics of my backyard this year and one of my little fur babies. It was too cute a shot to pass up.

I'm off to do Wii and then some serious cleaning in Bob's office. Catch ya later.

Backyard 2008 pictures from outdoors photos on webshots

I love it out there, Jane. Had my dinner on the patio and just enjoyed the view.

I did 45 minutes on the wiifit today and 30 minutes in the pool doing exercises. I'm going to the hot tub and then to bed. Bob is in Detroit so I have the bed to myself... well, along with the two yorkies and one cat, but they don't take up much room...

Everyone sleep well and have a good evening.

Judy, I am going to come to your backyard for my 'calgon' moment'!!!

You are more than welcome to hang out there with me!!