Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Okay, off I go to start my weekend. I've got an appointment with a bride tonight at 6:30, a wedding tomorrow and then I get to relax all day Sunday. I'm not doing a single friggin thing....

Love you lots girls, have a great weekend...

Haydee, Ask Mary Jo if she can give us a group rate. Maybe once a week she can come in here and council us. We could be on the show than. LOL.

It's 99 degrees here and the humidity is 100050% (no joking)

NSV. Hubby and I went t Wal-Mart to by him a hat and I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and it was a girl I used to work with about 4 years ago. We stood there and talked for a minutes about the band and she must have said to me at least five times, How good I looked. She kept saying it over and over. It's times like that that makes me love my band even more.

Dang, ya'll have been chatty today!

Ok, so I'm going to buy that book pRONTO, Haydee. I already know what's running thru my head when I am about to eat: "I'm hungry." LOL My problem is not eating constantly, but what my food choices are! Bleh!

I DID go to the gym today...didn't do weights...just the treadmill, bike and elliptical. Burned 250 calories. I've hardly eaten anything today...cottage cheese bkfst, cheese and crackers at 3:00 (lunch?). Mom got discharged from the hospital last night, got her back into the nursing home. It's such a freaking ordeal and stressful for all of us. She's on a new unit now so that means getting used to new caregivers and when I was there today, they SUCKED. The night crew is much better. Anyway, she is doing horribly. Really. This esophagitis thing has her on pureed foods and "honey thick" liquids....that means NO Water or juice or tea or coffee, etc. Apparently she's been aspirating fluids into her lungs causing her recurrent bouts of pneumonia...or at least contributing to them. Well, NOW the problem is that she is not eating OR drinking!!! She lost 13 pounds in the hospital over 9 days. She eats little baby-spoon bites of food and quits after about 8-10 bites on a good day. She's very weak and doesn't want to get out of bed. My SISTER has decided this would be a good weekend to go see her grandkids in Austin. (She sees them 1x/month at least.) I was emotionally exhausted after being with mom yesterday and today. DH is playing poker tonight, playing golf tomorrow... I just want to sit on the floor and cry for 2 hours. But I don't cry.

ANYWAY.... I think I'll go order a pizza. I'm hungry.:thumbup:

((Terry))

Why doesnt mary jo take any insurance? Thats bull crap!!

My son's psychiatrist doesn't take it either. Very few psychologists or psychiatrists do. It's 'cause they so often get screwed over by the insurance companies. It works out better for them and they can charge a cheaper rate if they just don't even mess with it. My son's rate is $90 and then I turn it into the insurance co. and get reimbursed at 60% after a $250 deduct. His meds are reimbursed as any other illness. The balance of those unpaid charges are reimbursed by my FSA.

That's a good question, Haydee....

It's raining, It's pouring.....I really wish I was snoring......

Haydee, we used ours to pay for Rick's ex wifes kids psych visits. Then they finally agreed to the EAP for payment.

I am off to convince my husband to take me to dinner. Got my folks set up in camp, and I believe they will be getting wet!!!

BBL~

Kat

Good Saturday Morning.

I'm up and getting ready to go to work. It's only 3 hours so that isn't so bad. Than I'll come home and put the bathing suit on and than it's into the pool.

It seems to be helping with the knee. Seems like my knee doesn't hurt as much but I still have a Doc appointment this Thursday. Toe is feeling a whole lot better. I got to see the ex-ray of it. I have my slides from the hospital to take to the Doc, so the other night I put the disc in the computer and looked at it.

Off to go dry my hair.

Everyone have a great day and I'll be back soon.

Morning gals

just wanted to check in... lots of work to do... i'm gutting my kitchen in 3 weeks and want to get everything else in order so i only have 1 huge mess.

Haydee - first... you are so beautiful... I agree with Tracyks ...LOL

I don't know who you guys are talking about because I don't watch tv so much... but I wish I could find someone to help me over come my eating and emotional issues... I know I've come a long long way but I'm stuck and mental. I use to use my flex account for my head dr, who i love but not for food issues. I should call my insurance and find out if there is someone.

Jane - I am so sorry... I didn't think it was possible for a dr to be more of a hard ass than mine but that is just not right.

I lost my thought.... shoot

HI everyone

I'm off to the store to get stuff to make dd breakfast... I could not sleep and it ticked me off... back in the day i could sleep til noon... I'm exhausted but guess I have a ton on my mind, kev... kitchen... money...I woke up because i was having a dream about framing out the stairs in my kitchen and then just couldn't get it off my mind...ughhhhhhh, at least it is nice today, and since i'm loosing my tan i'll nap in the pool later.

hugs and kisses

Jenn - What's the verdict on Kevin??

Good morning violets-

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

We are leaving soon to go spend the night at moms. My neice is having her baby shower tomorrow near there so we are going in today. My mom got macy a new bike because according to macy "I have grown up just a little bit and I can't ride my tricycle anymore so I need a new pink and purple bicycle that has a basket and a horn..." so her mawmaw & pop went and bought her one.

Have a great one everyone!

I was wondering too!! Logged on to see what the outcome was. Getting ready for work, yuck. I don't want to go today.

Tracyk and Terry you had great posts the past few days and I am going to print them out, and hopefully that will be my motivation. I am also trying to start blogging. I did my first one last night. I hope I can journal everything.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Jane