Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

just checking in to say goodnight

I actually went to bed at 7 and woke up for a drink and going back to bed. i am beat!

I am afraid to weigh myself, i feel like 1 night at the pizza shop did me in .....

LAURA!!!!! WHAT THE F***???? Stop that shit RIGHT NOW!!!

Home again---dinner was fun, kids looked amazing!!! I cannot fathom the money some of these families spent, omg!!!

I am off to bed, I have Kinsey with me tomorrow, so will be home til afternoon, then I am back out to the fairgrounds.

Hugs to all, I am off to bed, this old lady is not used to all this work!!!

Kat

Pamela, I have looked into teaching assistant some, I need to find out how much money they make, the benefits look good. I have looked into maybe doing special education. It is very scary to think I might be changing careers!! I might be too late this year, but there is always January. That is when my insurance would go up anyways.

Momma Mia was good. I think my mom liked it more than I did.

Everyone have a good night!!

Jane

Jane,

There are many "industries" within a school district! Human Resources, Personnel, M & O, Curriculum, just to name a few. Good luck with any avenue you take on. Special ed is a rough road. I am 110% convinced that sp.ed. teachers GO STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN...so that is a plus!

We are home from the movie/party. It was fun. It was the first 3 episodes of Sordid Lives...which premiers on LoGo tomorrow night. USA today called it the best cast since Soap!!! It was great...many of the stars were there tonight too. If ya'll are so inclined...it is VERY VERY FUNNY!

nighty night

Morning gals

just a quick hi... running late

Hey... Just heard about Dolly? You gals ok ??

hugs and kisses

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm sitting here eating my omelette and can barely raise my arms to the keyboard to type. I did an hour on the wiifit yesterday and my shoulders are killing me! Sooooooo I guess it must be working. Had a 2 hour singing rehearsal last night and will have a 2 hour flute rehearsal this morning. Then some more rehearsal for a wedding coming up a week from Saturday. Then out to lunch with my friend and organist, Betsy. Ethan doesn't come today so I have a little breather. They are coming to replace the door that Jetta chewed through today. Sure will be nice to have something other than a big old hole there!

It looks like the sun is finally going to shine today!! It's supposed to get all the way up to 78.. wooo hooo. It stormed again last night. Just don't know how we can handle any more rain.

Kat... I have been keeping a journal since the day of my surgery. I write down several things about the day and then track my Water, food and exercise. I'm on my 3rd notebook now. I know that June 1 last year I was in the pool and the water temp was 82. I know that this year, I have only been in it once on the 7th of July. :thumbdown::thumbup:

Got to get my rear in gear. Everyone have a great day!!!

Good morning! Kinsey is here and fast asleep, if I had any sense about me, I would be as well!!!

Will be home most of today, off to work this evening at the fairgrounds. Volleyball is over, and they are now on to a 3 on 3 basketball tourney, and I am not involved, I know little to nothing about basketball so will leave it for them!!! They have cutting along with the regular rodeo performances this morning---so I am not involved!! A portion of everything sold, from a bottle of Water, to a saddle to the gate entrance fees today goes to breast cancer research. The theme today is "tough enough to wear pink" so should be a sea of pink out there, lucky for me, I do have a pink shirt, and it is cool enough to wear!!

Later today for lunch I am meeting up with Sofi, and looking forward to that!!

scale is still sitting at 176.5----the danged 1/2 a pound won't even budge! I have seen 175 several times, but I want to get there fully clothed before my Dr. appointment! So going to try again today to keep an eye on what I am eating and how much. I think my problem is amount.....I am still eating less than pre band of course, but I know at this weight I need even less in order to lose than I did at 200---and I am eating the same as I had. I did fair yesterday with portions, not so much with food choices, but I watched how much of it all I ate.

Terry, how did the tests go with your Mom? My Aunt called me concerned over my Mom not sounding very "with it" on the phone. I still believe her Dr. has her way over medicated, but you cannot convince her or any of them that he is a quack!! Both sets of parents see the same Dr. he seems to specialize in drugging older people. His practice is almost exclusively medicare, and it is nothing for them to wait 3 hours in the waiting room for an appointment. He is sickeningly sweet to them, so you cannot even talk to them about it. My SIL and I have tried repeatedly with my inlaws, and I do with my folks, but they are all very loyal!

Told my Aunt, why don't you come visit, and then we can talk about it. I take my Mom to see her a couple times a year, but she never comes here.

Guess I will go try to find something to call Breakfast, I don't ever want to eat in the morning, but I need to change something---might as well try it!

Will check in later before I go.

Hugs to all of you!

Kat

:thumbdown::thumbup::sneaky::cursing:

Hey Laura-try that "just for today" mentality. It has worked for me the past few days. If it doesn't work then Terry and I can come to Alabama and smack you!

Kat-thanks for the suggestions for macy. Can you believe I have looked into/done that? The church we went to recently, we have not joined yet so, that is in the works. I looked all over and searched the net for VBS around here for her but they all had them in June :thumbdown: so we missed out on that. I was thinking about going up o her day care and asking them to put my phone number in the kids folders (the parents I am familiar with). Your idea about asking the lady to let her dd come here a day or so in the week is a really good idea. If/when she calls I will ask her! Thanks!

Jenn-we are fine as far as Dolly is concerned. Hopefully we can get some of her rain bans though. It is very dry around here. Our grass is dying as we speak! We had a small storm this morning but we need more.

Pammie-when I get into onederland again will will do the naner boobies for me? That is the real reason I gained all this weight back...I enjoyed the show so much I wanted to see it again :thumbup: LMAO

Today is library and swimming lessons day :cursing: hmmmmm, a cop car just stopped in the street right in front of my house...wtf? Maybe I am gonna see some action! :sneaky:

bbl, have a great day everyone!

:thumbdown:

Raise your hand if you think Laura should THROW AWAY the rest of her candy!! RIGHT NOW!! Do it!... I see you, Laura, you're still sitting there... c'mon!... get up, get the candy, & walk out back to the big dumpster where all the nasty trash goes and heave it in there... then run back to your office and drink a nice refreshing water!!

Hi girls... Nothing new to report here... Just checking in on all of you...

Kat... my head is spinning w/all your activity and who's doing what where when! It sounds fun but confusing! ha ha!

TracyK... She'll be fine once school starts... just keep taking her to the library time, and swim lessons, and other "free" stuff... is there a nature center near you?... I used to take the kids to one here for different kid talk things... they could touch stuff and learn about animals... + maybe a planetarium or science center?... or zoo?...

TracyKS... Your 176 eating all that crap?? Holey Moley! You're right... try a Water & see what happens! :cursing:

Suzie... still waiting for a pic of you floating in the pool w/your 'rita & a smile!

Pam... CONGRATS!! Wow! That is great news!! I knew you could do it!!! "Dr. Jazzy Bradford"... it's got quite a ring to it!

Janie... How exciting for you!!

Hi Jen!! So good to have you back!

Hi Terry, Haydee, Judy!!! :thumbup:

Ok Laura... are you back from the dumpster already?? Good girl!! There, don't you feel so much better now???

Dr. Jazzy Bradford made me shoot coffee through my nose! That is very funny! I'll have to work that angle sometime. If I can pull this off, I'll thank my Violets in my acknowledgements. Then we would be "published" as the Violets...woohoo!

Dr. Jazzy Bradford!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning........ OK MICHELLE I'm going to log off and GO FILL MY Water GLASS and report back after its gone!

Laura: I am of no help........ I just purchased a 3 gallon tub of orange sherbert last night... and you guessed it I had a huge bowl AFTER eating a homeade loaded baked potatoe.. (and I do NOTHING low fat)

Real butter, REAL sour cream, REAL bacon, REAL cheese) oh gawd.. it was good.

The rest of the family had BLT's......... yum yum.. can't do the bread so I just dip the bacon into the mayo............. HEY I'm BEING HONEST!!! LOL

OK... so I'm going to get some Water right NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Laura I have been a very bad girl, so I am of no help. I think you are just dealing with a lot right now and you need to give yourself a break. When is the last day of class?

Have a long day at work, so here I go!!

Have a good one everyone!!

Tracy!!! Bacon dipped in mayo? ?? Gag me!! Now Laura and I wanted to try the chicken fried bacon dipped in gravy--but mayo----no thanks!!! You could have my share, but.....since you shouldn't even have your share you can't!!!! Seriously I see your arteries clogging from here my friend!! LOL

They had scalloped potatoes with their dinner last night, and fresh homemade rolls----took great....GREAT willpower to avoid them! Then they had hot peach cobler with ice cream on top---I just left the building!!! I ate steak, and salad!

Today I will not have sugary shaved ice.....no matter how hot it gets! There are troughs everywhere filled with ice cold bottled water---so there is no excuse! One step at a time, this is today's----no empty calories in my shaved ice. There I said it, and that will keep me from doing it I hope!!

Sofi and I are going to do Mexican food for lunch I think---wish there was a good place here in Aztec to get a nice salad.

I keep thinking I will take Kinsey to the movie, but the popcorn kills me!

It is raining---do you know how bad a rodeo is in the rain? Mud everywhere, wet animals, wet hay, wet manure----it ALL stinks!

Could be fun!!!

Dr. Jazzy Bradford----I love it!!!!!

Kat