Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey V's, I need some purple power!!

I got my graduation acceptance in the mail yesterday pending I pass all classes I am in right now---- just in time for me to fail a major test in one of my classes. I am actually.. failing a class. I've never done that before in my life, and I don't even know how to process it. I'm not stupid, but this class.. it says Human Anatomy for NON-MAJORS.. but Oh my god.. there are a billion big terms and functions and processes and etc. etc. It is so overwhelming and ridiculous. I am studying and my brain doesn't comprehend one sentence that I read. I am really distraught right now. This is like a class for a friggin doctor, no kidding. I don't know what to do!!! I can't fail it :wub: :thumbup: :blink: :w00t:

We have 1 test left, I have a 84, 73, 62, and 1 test to go. I have to get a 75 to pass. It's not getting any easier (as you can tell from my test progressions). Help? :w00t: :scared2: :thumbup: :unsure:

Laura, why are you taking an Anatomy class anyway? I must have missed something along the way. Yeah, I feel ya. I took 6 hours of Anatomy and Physiology in college as a nursing major. They were my most interesting and challenging classes...and the ones I had to study the hardest for. I remember the anatomy part was a LOT of pure and simple MEMORIZATION. But the terms are difficult to memorize because, as a 'lay' person, you have no frame of reference....terms like "mandibular tuberosity" might as well be "thunkal ernot" for all the sense they make to you, right? Oh, I feel your pain!! I only made an A on one test and I studied my ass off for that one...I still remember it because all my friends were at the big UT-OU football game and I stayed behind to study. :blink:

Have you talked to your professor about this situation? Is there some project or paper you could perhaps do rather than an exam to make up the credit? If it's not pertinent to your degree maybe he'd be willing to make that change for you?

Pamela would probably have good suggestions, too.

Haydee, where are you? And where the hell are my Pork rinds? love ya girlie!

I read this and for some reason the thought popped into my head, "This is probably a sentence that has never been uttered in the Universe before." Eh?

Oh, and thanks for asking....Mom seems to be doing better but we'll know more as test results come in. She's had x-rays and cat scans out the wazoo and bag after bag of antibiotics. They might be doing a pleural effusion (stick a needle in her lung to drain fluid) if the test results warrant it. I don't know how she keeps going, but she does. I would have given up long ago. She's a wonderful lady.

Hiya girlies! How's everyone doing on this gorgeous Friday. Please please pray for no rain for tonight. I've got a beautiful young bride getting married tonight and I want everything to be perfect for her!

Pammy - I keep forgetting to send them to you! I remember you everytime I'm munching on them though, he he he! I'll get them out to you Monday, love you lots...

No time for personals today. I've got to get my inventory worksheets done and our credit card statement balanced before I leave at 10am this morning.

Wish me luck for tonight and keep me in your prayers!!!!!

I'll talk to ya'll monday and i'll post pictures of me and my dress that I'm wearing to my cousins wedding saturday. we fly out early tomorrow morning and then fly back late sunday night.

Haydee~ LOL, I know your hella busy and my Pork rinds are on the bottom of your priority list! Have a great weekend, cant wait to see pix!

Denise~Wow...glad to hear your family did well w/ the accident! Can't wait to see house pix!

Terri~Purple power for your mom and you. This is a crazy time for you...you stay strong!

Laura~ The best advice I can give is to do WHATEVER it takes to pass this test. Write vocab on index cards, carry them w/ you everywhere. Here is the deal...you don't want to fail this and do anything to jeopardize your graduation. A & P is very hard...but if you can get through this last class...it will be over and behind you. THIS IS ALL STUFF YOU ALREADY KNOW! Just trying to cheerlead you on. When is the test? No sex, no TV, no LBT, and take a day off work to prepare for the test. Love ya lots and I KNOW you can do it! Let me know if I can help!

Well, I was up at 4:30, out of the shower @ 5am...and had a BEAUTIFUL morning w/ Susanne outside as the sun came up! We had coffee, talked, laughed...it was really great!

BBLxoxoxooxox

Hey ya'll, I did e-mail the teacher last night (in a panic attack!) and asked him for any advice he can offer, I am overwhelmed, not processing it, etc.

He asked me if I watched the video on how to study for his class, HOW am I studying, and said he would meet with me this week if I wanted (Damn I wish I could, he's in NM!!) So I am currently watching the video he's talking about, I watched it months ago but maybe I missed something.

This is for you teacher folks, I don't remember how you calculate this...

66.7% of final grade are those 4 tests. 25% final grade is quizzes we have.. top 10 of 15 scores (My top 10 total 84%) And approx 10% is discussions. I have done all discussions so, I assume I have full 10% for this part... then if I have 84/100 for the quizzes, and they count for 25% of my final grade... what am I looking at lol. I don't remember how you set up to figure out what you have.. Ok I'm confusing myself even trying to explain this.

My point was, after looking at this, I am not doomed for failure just yet. PLUS I saw last night 70 is a C in this class, so I DON'T have to get 75.. amazing how that might actually be what saves me. I have a 72 average on my tests so far, 84 on quizzes, and 100 on discussion. I am going to bust my ass on this last test, and yes Terry.. it's weird. I NEVER studied before in my life, I either remember what's important or I'm good at guessing based off of what I had read. I do the work/read, but never go back and re-read. In this A&P class I am reading all the time, re-reading, re-reading, doing mock quizzes, going over vocabulary. It's just SO much at ONE time. For one chapter, I have over 90 power point pages printed out (each page has 6 slides). And the test I just took was over blood, the endocrine system, and the cardiovascular system.. my head wants to explode, seriously. And after all my studying, notes, highlighting.. I don't think one single question on the test 'came' to me.

...and to think for years I wanted to be an ER doctor. Hahahahahaha.hahahahahaha.. sigh.

Good afternoon, Violets..

Got home late last night from seeing Wicked. It was the best production I've seen in a long time. The staging, singing, acting...... everything was amazing. I'd go see it again in a minute.

I got pics of my granddaughter in the outfits I made for her. Luckily they all fit! Ethan is here today and then we're going out for fish dinner. Haven't been able to do Wiifit since Wednesday and I miss it!!! Maybe I can squeeze it in after dinner.

Gotta run.. Ethan is into something as usual!! BBL

post-215048-13813137349784_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813137350019_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813137350238_thumb.jpg

Laura - what degree are you working on that you need Anatomy for?

Judy, those are the cutest outfits on the cutest little girl. She is just adorable.

Denise, How scary. So glad everyone came out ok.

Here's my story. At the place I work at there are 4 of us and we all work well together. I go into today and Jill is leaving to start a 2 week vacation. I'm already scheduled to take up some of her shifts. Jill tells me as I walk in that Linda was taken to the hospital during the night for emergency surgery. (She'll be just fine) So Lynn my boss calls and now it's down to just the 2 of us to run the place for the next 2 weeks. I had to go in tonight to cover linda's shift and I will have to work her shift tomorrow also. I'll be picking up more of her shifts next week after my boss looks at the schedule. So I probably won't be on here much for awhile. I will post when I can.

Not to mention that I also have my Sis to take to the Doctor's several times this week and a few other things I have on my list. So help me I better not ever lose my appointment book. I'd be lost.

The guys have the deck finished and they are hurring to get the stairs in the pool. If they get it done by 8pm I might try getting in the pool for a little while. Otherwise it will have to wait til tomorrow afternoon.

Everyone have a great evening and a wonderful weekend.

Hugs to all of you.

Liberal Arts, when I moved back to Alabama I needed a few more classes to get this degree (kind of happened by chance, thought what the hell), so decided I'd finish it up doing their distance learning (a lot of their classes wouldn't transfer, so to save myself the headache).. I took Biology & Bio Lab when I lived there.. thought that's all I needed..Ends up I have to take another science class, like Anatomy, Astrology, Chemistry, etc.. I wanted to do Astrology but they didn't offer it online. The only ones they offer online are the ones I took already, so I had to take Anatomy.. but it's called A&P for NON-MAJORS.. which means it's 'suppose' to be less technical.. yeah right. The professor did e-mail me some websites to help me out, more review info.. and I made flash cards. So get this, I studied all day for this week's quiz on Resperatory system, memorized everything I had (pages of notes, and the cards).. and I got a friggin 70 on the quiz. All his quizzes & tests, I have no idea where he pulls the questions from, I memorized all this crap and the quiz had questions about stuff I didn't see in the book, power points, videos, or the extra review websites. Ugh.

I'm sorry Laura!! Why don't you ask him where that material was covered? I'd be curious!

They offer Astrology as a science?? Or do you mean Astronomy?

Just got home from the hospital visiting my mom. She takes these massive antibiotics that make her hallucinate a bit and believe things that cannot possibly be real. Get this: She believes she had a Breakfast meeting with Prince Charles and the Queen of England this morning. It's like she knows how ridiculous it sounds, but she is compelled to tell the story anyway...and to her it is quite real. Soooooo weird. She also sees people in the painting that's in her room....but it's a painting of a garden scene! Oh, and the 'people' are constantly changing clothes and hairdo's! Poor mom.

Derrr Astronomy.. hah yeah my mind is moosh.

Edited by FairyFacade

Last night I actually got in the pool. WAAAHOOOOO....

I was only in there for about 5 minutes wen my bottom lip started to quiver. It was on the cool side. Temp read 81 degrees. But at least I can say I got in the pool.

Oh, and when I went to put my swimsuit on, It was a lot easier to pull on. So I have definately lost some more weight since I bought it several months ago. It was esier to tuck the fat in. LOL

Terri, When my Dad was here at the house, he was on morphin. One day he was saying Hi to someone so we asked who he was talking to. He said Mickey Mouse was standing there. He was also seeing letters. I wish we had wrote them down when he was saying them. My Dad was a huge cryptic puzzle solver. I thought mabe there was a message in all those letters he was saying.

Everyone have a great day.