Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Gotta go, my neighbor is going to paint my toesies for me. Boy, that's friendship. What color goes good with black and blue. lol lol lol

Haydee,

I'm going through the same thing with some *so called friends* We've been **friends** for at least 10 years. There's only one in the bunch that I can call or she calls me to go shopping, etc.

It's usually putting together showers/birthday parties/weddings etc for all of the **friends** children. The group is more what I call social couple/girlfriends....friends.

I got a disturbing dose of reality about 6 months ago..my **friends** voted against me on a community board. I wasn't rich enough evidently. Hurt my feelings big time. Even though I'm the one that puts the parties together, the girlfriend trips, lunches..etc.

I finally told them off......I thought long and hard about it.....now..there will be consequences...I no longer have *those ***friends*** in my life.

There will be some things that I will miss and things that won't ever be again. But......on the whole....I feel FREE! I have new friends and making more.

It's tough but I decided life is too damn short and percious to waste it on people that don't value you for yourself...only what they get out of you.

All of these women were raised upper middle case like I was...I made much better grades, have my own business and doing well.........THEY married MONEY and lots of it. That's where the difference is and if someone tells you it doesn't matter.....well they don't have a grip on reality.

I know I worried about this problem much more than they did...I truly wasn't a blip on their radar, so as I said ...I'm free to find friends that truly value the awesome, intelligent person I am. *big grin*

Think about the ramifications of telling them off and then do what you really feel you NEED to do to be happy. If you have to ask...am I really their friend...then you're not.

Hugs,

~HH~

I just got a load of Vicodin from the pharmacy too! :Banane30: I'm having my eyelid surgery in the early morning and they loaded me up! I can't imagine that I'd need this much, but OH WELL!

gosh. it's quiet here.

I think Jenn told me she'd be getting her 'puter back after the 7th. I sure hope so.

Suzie, it'll probably be just you and me for a few days...the cripples! Although I won't be able to post either come to think of it! The doc said my eyes will be really blurry for a couple of days! You'll be talking to yourself!:o

Bad storm came thru and we just got our power back on. I was over next door when it hit and hubby drove the car over to get me, by the time we pulled back in the driveway the power was out and we couldn't get the garage door open. Got in the house and both of us were soaking wet. That was fun. But the good news is I got my pedicure. She did a wonderful job.

Hope TracyKS is ok. It's pretty bad here.

Was getting kind of worried there for a little bit. Thought I was going to have to eat all the stuff in the fridge. Don't want it to go bad.

But the good news is, I have a pool in my back yard. It might be kind of muddy but we got Water.< /span>

Hi All,

Let me start by saying the German kepboard is different than American. So if there are 'type o's' forgive me in advance. <i want to post and dont want to edit! We are having a wonderful time. This is what <ive learned so far<#

1. <no body understands me...gets my jokes...or will get to know my wonderful personality. #

2. z = y on this keyboard...so if zou see that...zou = you.

3. D = girls...H = boys...learned that the hard way

4. <I almost peed my pants trying to find a bathroom...whiich is called toilette here.

5. Douche means shower...lol

6. <i can only watch tv on CNN or MTV...other than that...I dont get it.

7. JANIE AND TRACY...THEY HAVE BIG BROTHER HERE; AND I AM HOOKED! Now if <i can just figure out what thez are saying. z=y

8. Janie, I got zou some gum!!!

9. There is lots of good news on CNN.

10. <i alreadz picked up lots of German...like toilette, and other good stuff.

11. I miss mz violets.

12. The showers are skinny

13. The women are either BEAUTIFUL or...well, NOT!

14. Herr is NOT someone's first name...it means Mr.

15. There are castles everzwhere...z=y

16. The men all look the same, well kind of. Everzone looks reallz German...even me, lol.

17. We travel to the south part of Germanz tomorrow, then back here Neiwied. Then to Rome tomorrow.

18. The apartment we are stazing in is sooooo cool.

19. THERE IS NO AIR CONDITIONING IN THIS COUNTRZ:

20. The food is great, and since <i can't read German...there are no calories, lol!

21. <mz feet swelled up to the size of Texas on the trip over here.Thez are alreadz down...but man, that hurt.

22. <i am more in love w- Susanne everzdaz.

23. i miss mz violets

24. German is a hard language to pick up.

25. it is beautiful here...just georgous.

ok...gonna post, cause if i lose this i will crz. I guess zou all know now that z = y and were able to decode this post. the kezboard is different here...thez have letters we dont have...like, äö

<i will skim through the posts...hope everzone is well...terri and hazdee...i sent zou an email...i love zou both, and look forward the future trip!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxo

ich liebe dich alles

me

TracyK, I used your new address. Did you get my card yet?

Here is my post from the other day...your toe pain (or the vicodin) must have made you miss reading it :thumbup:

Suzie-thanks for my little note in the mail! It made my day and made me feel special!

Terry-good luck with your beautifying surgery today even though you are already beautiful and you don't need it :o

Laura-I wish my "drive" would come back. Maybe after I am a homebody it will kick back in :biggrin:

Haydee-sounds like you all got alot done as far as moving your mom. We are completely done and unpacked. YAY. The dates I gave you for the astros are not right anymore anyway...read the next line to find out why....

GUESS WHAT....dh got the job at Valero!!! He got the call yesterday and they made him his offer.:Banane30::lol: He starts on the 21st. AND...I actually got a surpirse going away party @ work yesterday. I am never speechless but I was yesterday. All I could do was stand there & cry. It was wonderful. So, all in all yesterday was a wonderful day. Today is my last day at work so it will be a wonderful day today as well. Ain't GOD good?! There is a bumper sticker that says that and I really need to find one!

I have to go but I will do more personals later....

Love ya'll.......:wub:

Pam-ummm...when did BB start? You are freaking me out, did I miss it? Glad you are having fun!!! LOVE YOU!!! (((hugs)))

That was fun reading Pamela's post. She's a hoot.

z = y

<i just read through all posts...will trz to remember what i want to saz.

Tracz, BB didn#t start zet...the 13th in the States. Cant wait...here there is more action though, lol

Susie, LETS GO SWIMMING...<i love to swim...so glad the pool is readz

Terri, good luck w- the operation. <i want to have it done too, was thnking about zou and it the am. <i might have it done before school starts. take some pix and email me so i can see what to expect...hope zou are feeling better soon...take care of that knee:lol:

<hazdee...terri and house said it best...about deciding which relationships to nurture. This much i do know...life is short. There are some "i am sorries" that are worth it...and some that arent. Just like w- juan, see what happens when zou ignore her (them). Are thez still zour friends when thez have to do the work. (canät find the question mark...oh zea, ä is place where the ' would be on a regular kezboard)

Traczks...welcome back, glad zou had fun. Vegas is fun...but it is reallz nice to leave it too.

Kat...xoxoxoxo

michelle...have fun

where the hell is jen (question mark)

Judz...loved the pix...looks like zou had a great time. Made me miss mz mom all the more!xoxoxo

ok..Susanne is on the balcon (see i speak german) talking in german...donät have a clue wtf she is sazing. i am gonna run over and plaz a game of scrabbble.

xoxoxoxoxoxo #

be back when i can.

I was actually reading that with a German accent and understood everything she was saying. :o

Good Morning, Violets..

Ethan is here so can't stay long. He's feeding the yorkies left over crumbs from the huge milkbones for Jetta. They're loving it.

Pam.. I've been to Germany and took a German class and still don't know what the heck they are saying. Glad you're having such a good time. I do remember the keyboards in Germany and they are really different. You're doing very well with the transition!!

I have a nail appointment at 10 and then we have a guy coming over to give us an estimate on installing new baseboard moulding. We got our cell phone bill yesterday and my mouth dropped. It was twice our normal bill. When we checked it out it was all Canada calls when our cat was being put down and right afterwards. $160 in roaming charges.. :Banane30::eek:

And our gas bill was $100 more than usual and that's with the fuel economy of the Buick over the truck we had. :biggrin::eek:

Glad we got our stimulus check, but it's going to pay for bills, not to boost the economy. :thumbup::eek:

Suzie.. neither of us can use our "pool". Mine is still way cold and not looking good for this weekend unless the sun comes out and stays out.

Our grandkids are coming up tonight and we're having a cookout here tomorrow. So I have lots of cleaning to do today. I ride in the parade through town tomorrow.. Laura.. I'll be on the DEMOCRATIC float.. :o

Tracy... congrats on your last day AND dh getting the new job! Things are really going your way right now! Enjoy it!!!

Terry.... thinking of you today with your surgery.

Gotta run... Ethan is getting into lots of mischief today!!

Suzie me too!! I was reading Pam's post with a German accent roflmao!!

Pam glad you're having fun!!! Although, I don't know how I missed it because I read all the posts now :) I did not know you were going to Germany. What are you there for? Are you going to see Auschwitz while you're there? I'm a weirdo, I am dying to go to Germany and see the camps. Pay some respect and all.

Great news Tracy! And glad you got your going away party you were worried about.. good to feel appreciated?

Booo Judy!!!! No really, I don't fight about politics. If I had an oppertunity to ride on a float, even if it was an evil demmy float.. I'd probably do it, especially if you were there :thumbup:

Edited by FairyFacade

Oh oh forgot to tell ya'll about Russell last night. I swear this man would be lost without me! Though I think it's an act most the time so he can be lazy.. On our way home from weekly Cracker Barrell he goes "Friday you're going to have to write down foods I can eat". (Me: Blank Stare.."HUH?")

And he goes "I am NOT buying new pants, it's a waste of money blah blah". And I'm going "What the hell are you talking about" And he says he wants to diet. He's gained quite a bit of weight and he went from size 30/32 waist when I met him, to a 36 right now and he doesn't fit in those anymore either. His reasoning is because we can't afford to buy new pants (which is silly, but I think he wants to stick to that excuse), I know dieting was always a sore subject for me, and since I've never seen him diet, I wasn't quite sure what to say... Except, "Ok, I'll make you a list.." and he said "I'll stop eating sugar" and I said "That would probably do it, just cut out sugars for a while." But he wants a diet. Good lord, how am I going to decide on a diet for him??? He probably has 30lbs to lose. I have been thinking of all the diets I've done, Atkins worked best for me.. but eh. I'm going to be googling. Despite all my dieting, I worried about diets for people 150lb+ overweight.. not someone who just needs to lose 30lbsish.