Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Thanks Terry----I will do a before and after picture, for public viewing, but when the PS sends me the ones from his office---they are barely clothed --- I will email them to those who are seriously curious about the before and after. He is not doing my official office after shots though till my next appointment which is not until August---I graduated to a 6 week appt.!!

Well rode out to Rick's folks house, his brother is passing through town heading to Albq. to take care of some stores there---so we went and spent some time with them. His sister was actually pretty decent. I was shocked by that, as well as how much weight she has regained. She actually looks healthy again! I know that would infuriate some board members, but she looked skeletal before, she looks nice now.

I bought a pair of pants at Walmart today, they are just simple capri's, but I had to buy a small!!! LOL I know better, I am in fact much smaller than I was, but there are small people in this world---I am just not one of them. That means my younger DD Abbey, could not have bought that style, because she IS small, she is a size 5 or so. I bought Juniors yesterday in a size 11, and Misses in a size 10----so I know things have not shrunk to a small!! But it felt kinda cool to get them on! LOL

I am off to bed, did not sleep well at all last night!

Will check with you all in the morning!

Hugs!

Kat

I finally got my results from the holter monitor, but had to go to the cardiologists office to pick them up. It showed that I had an extra beat occasionally and some other things that I don't think are anything. I have made up my mind that I am not going back to my regular Dr. I have to find who I am going to, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Laura I agree with Terry, call your Dr.!! That is too scary!

Kat, you look great in the picture!!! I can't wait to see your before and after now!! It must feel so weird!! I am so happy for you!!

I hope Macy is better tonight.

Well off to bed, and see you tomorrow!!

Jane

I really think it was probably a Vitamin, cause I have no band pain. and I took purple Vitamins last night.. I was burping egg all morning (without egg) and felt full, so I think I had some vitamin stuck in my hole. I am really tight today but I think it's the first time stress caused tightness that I noticed. I was extremely overwhelmed between customers and homework (midterm crap) today. But I promise if it happens again I will call my doc!!!

And Kat I'm interested in the pics!! AND YOUR TEXAS PICS!!

Laura~ You look freakin beautiful...no like seriously georgous! WOWSER!

Kat~ You look freakin beautiful too! WOW that must feel sooo good!

We are some good lookin women, huh?

Quick post. Got to go to San Diego in the am...and we are leaving about 5am! We will be back in the afternoon, then dinner w/ friends. Those guys who live in Cyd Charisse's old house. I saw she died last week. Anyway...xoxoxo everyone.

I have been out of control w/ the eating...wtf??? who am I?

Happy Birthday Judy and Susie!!!!

So Jane, are you ok then? Why are you changing doctors?

Tracy~ How is it going w/ the move?

Have a great night!

Good Wednesday Morn, Vi's~~

KAT! Look at you!! Wow!! You look fabulous and are wearing a small!! You are my hero!!

DS gets his braces "installed" this morning... he's not exactly looking forward to that... plus everyone's telling him it'll hurt... anywhere from today through a week... so he's a bit spooked by it all...

Other than that... just some errands, cleaning, working, etc...

Oh... no, Kat, I ended up not doing the fill-on-stage thing for several reasons, a couple being that #1 it was on Father's Day & my dh wanted to ride his bike (bicycle) that morn to train for his 100 mile MS ride so I needed to be home w/the kids, and #2 they didn't even call me about it to plan it until 2 days prior, which by then I had about 12 other things to do that day... so I go on Friday for a regular ol' boring office fill... but BOY DO I NEED IT!!! Yikes! I can eat A LOT of ANYTHING... & I do! Seriously... I feel like at least I know that I can maintain... however, I'm not at a maintenance weight yet!! I was going to wait on the fill, as we're going to the beach next week for a few days & there's all that fun beach food... but I decided to go for it and get going again already... enough is enough!!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Tracy, if you lived closer I would cancel my appointments and come help you pack!!

Wow, that would be great! At tis point I sure could use the help! Oh well, the thought was there!

I swear I read your posts and knew she had a fever, but what is wrong with Macy? Does she have something in particular? Purple power to her!!

Just the typical fever and a little congestion. I spoke with the dr last night and she said that if she is still running fever Thursday to bring her in. I knew that is what she would say. They normally say "bring her back if she is still running fever in 3 or 4 days" but by then it is normally gone. It just has to run its course. You'll see 'mommie to be'. :( How do you feel today? Anything else strange going on with your bod?

Damn you TracyK for having me taste your kalua colada's!i :):lol::unsure:Oh that's right, blame ME! lol

Can I fit you in my pocket to fix my brows... :eek: I would love to!

TracyK---I am so sorry Miss Macy is sick, lots of purple power to her!!! Didn't you have some sort of illness going on or something during your last move? At least you have not been in place so long that it is going to require serious digging or cleaning to do this move.

That is the up side....I have no junk to speak of. We really have gotten good at this moving thing. The actual movers will be here Sunday.

Heres the pic that Kat asked me to resize....Is she schexy or WHAT?:):w00t:

Heck yes she is! My hero!

How is your mom Terry?

I have been out of control w/ the eating...wtf??? who am I? Ummm, me too and I am so depressed over it that sometimes I do not even want to come on this site cause I am so ashamed of myself!

Tracy~ How is it going w/ the move? Slow right now....we just got the keys yesterday evening and we brought over 8 boxes and all of our pictures & wall deco. It has been kind of slow goin' but it has been tough with macy being under the weather and dh had to work yesterday. One thing for sure, we can't jack around much longer! lol I need some motivation! Pill form would be best :lol: Plus the off & on summer rainstorms aren't helping. Oh well, at least it is keeping the temp at just 92 instead of 95:lol:

Tracy -- You're moving THIS WEEKEND??? OMG, girlfriend! When you get an idea to do something -- watch out world!! Good luck & send us your new addy!!

Your right...I wish I would get the idea to get back on the diet wagon! lol i will send out the new addy sometime today! Is your ds head OK now from the soccer incident?

Have a great day violets!!:wub:

DS gets his braces "installed" this morning... he's not exactly looking forward to that...

... so I go on Friday for a regular ol' boring office fill... but BOY DO I NEED IT!!! Yikes! I can eat A LOT of ANYTHING... & I do! Seriously... I feel like at least I know that I can maintain... however, I'm not at a maintenance weight yet!! I was going to wait on the fill, as we're going to the beach next week for a few days & there's all that fun beach food... but I decided to go for it and get going again already... enough is enough!!

Michelle - Tell me, is having braces "cool" in MD like it is down here? I have NO idea why, but kids look forward to getting their braces?! I really can't wrap my head around that, so I canNOT explain it other than to say it's another teen brain fart thing. That or either the Orthodontic Association of America has been slipping something into the Water.

I've got to go in for a fill too...... wondering if I should wait 'til after my eyelid surgery on July 3....but don't really want to wait that long. I am totally scaring myself with how much and how fast I can eat. Yuck. There's got to be some happy medium somewhere! Oh yeah, it's called a 'sweet spot'! I haven't found it yet! I'm going in for 0.1cc increments 'til I find it though.

Tracy, You're just stressing out plain and simple....and you don't have your old 'buddies' to help you thru it. Why is it that we can't get addicted to carrots??? I've never understood that.

I got to 179 BEFORE VEGAS!!!!!!

I was looking at my weight chart (and xcel spread sheet that I created in 2003 after Robby was born.)

I’ve hit a new low on it……. I guess the lowest I got the last time ( in 2005 ) was 181.2.

The FIRST time I did Low Carb back in 1999 – 2000 I did get to 174.

I can not believe I am closing in on 100 lbs lost!

Looking back I hit 189.4 on 3/25/08……….. so, it has taken me 3 months to lose 10 lbs… MAYBE I can make the 160’s in another 3 months…

But again… I KNOW that if I drank some Water I’d be even lower.

I am basking in the glory of the 170’s today, because I KNOW that I will be bad in Vegas and bounce back up… but OH WELL, I’m here today.

post-208811-13813137235952_thumb.jpg

Good Morning girls! I just got a text message from Judy---says she is having a great time! I am so glad--what a way to spend a birthday huh?

Thanks for all the nice words over my picture. We had a really nice lunch, my DD and Sofi hit it off, as I knew they would, they have similar tastes and weaknesses!! Kinsey and I would get bored and go check other things out, while they drooled over handbags/purses/bags....whatever you want to call them! And big bold --just shy of gaudy--jewelry. And yet when they carry them or wear it, they pull it off without a problem----I would look like a 5 year old playing dress up!!

TracyK--hope Macy is better this morning. Maybe the new move will make a difference, and your job coming to an end. With the stress eased, then you will have more energy to devote to yourself.

You as well as soooooo many other of my Violet sisters, worry me sometimes, you are so hard on yourselves!!! You just made a huge life altering decision with your job. Terry is dealing with some serious and sad family issues. Pamela is facing the music with her dissertation. Jane is dealing with serious medical concerns herself--along with the fear of the unknown in her results. Suzie is injured. Haydee is making life changes, and trying to heal her heart. TracyKS has big decisions awaiting her...be famous or not???? Laura has a mystery illness! The list could go on.....like Jenn facing what she is, with her friends child.

I know we cannot just stop concerning ourselves with our diets and weight when things happen in our lives....but I hate seeing you all down on yourselves BECAUSE of it! We have enough negativity in life, it just makes me sad to see you down on yourselves! You are all such wonderful, STRONG women----I wish you would support yourselves as much as you support the rest of us!

I was banded in April of 06, Rick was diagnosed with valve failure, followed by a blood clot in May of 06. Had open heart surgery in August 06, then a massive GI bleed in October of 06---followed by several weeks in the hospital, and then more heart procedures to fix what they messed up saving his life!

I cannot tell you the amount of stress! I was so down on myself for living off of vending machine food! I finally realized part of what got me to a point of morbid obesity was emotional eating, and if ever I was emotional that was it! As wierd as it sounds, as soon as I quit beating myself up over it, I quit doing it so much, it was like I let my mind release it, so it wasn't something I constantly thought about anymore. I quit gaining, and hovered for awhile....and managed to get back on track, when my life got a little more on track.

I know you cannot just give up....but accepting that things are a bit out of control right now, and allowing yourself to deal with that first, might just let your mind release it enough it won't be such a big deal. I wish I could put it into words better---I just know tht personally when I over focus on my "diet" then that is all I think about-------which ends in a binge. When I allowed myself to quit worrying about it for that period of time, then I had other things to concentrate on, and I quit hitting the vending machines every 15 minutes! I think the amount of change I put in them was probably equal to his hospital bill!!!

Not sure what Kinsey and I are up to today......she is still snoozing. Thinking we may go for a morning ride, it is beautiful outside!

Will check in later with all of you.....hang in there!!!

Kat

Good morning girls!!

Kat - just seeing you list down everyones preocupations and what everyone is having to deal with made me tear up a little bit. I wish we all lived closer to each other so that we could see each other all the time. We all need to love and care for ourselves and each other. I am 100% positive that the reason that I am handling this as well as I am is because I can always feel each of your arms around me and your voices in my head telling me how strong and how brave I am.

And surprisingly I am handling this alot better than expected. I'm trying to stay busy and to stay focused on figuring out what I want for myself. That keeps my mind off of him and our situation...

Okay...

Laura - OMG you look hot in your new siggy. You got a tan and your hair looks so awesome in that cut. Holy moly girly. Can't wait to see you again...

TracyKS - YAY!! I knew you could do it!! You're so good at charting your results so that you know your patterns. I wish I was coming to Vegas with you!! Can't wait to hear all the details!

Pamela - How far is San Diego from you?? I'm still coming to see you. You know that right? Get your closet ready for me...

SUZIE - I missed your birthday!! Happy Birthday to you!! It sucked that you fell. I know all about that. I am such a klutz and have sprained and twisted so many things throughout the years... How are your toesies today?

TracyK - Hope Macy gets to feeling better! How did she handle the news of another move? I'm free this weekend to come help you! I can come Saturday after 1pm. Call me...

Terry - see you later alligater...

I was gone all day yesterday from the office. I was at our new location almost all day. Then in the afternoon I helped my mom start moving some of their stuff over to the new house. The movers come in two weeks but in the mean time she's going to start moving little stuff. I'll be so glad once end of July hits. I'll be much more relaxed!

Just a fun tidbit, I saw Tracy KS use my curling Iron in Gruene, but it smells like Pam.. everytime I go to curl my hair, I smell Pam! Must be Tracy's Shampoo, or someone else used it too. Takes me back and I smile when I do my hair!!

The new siggy pic is the pic I took for DH's paper present. I actually took several and included our dog with me, but she was being a butt. She kept holding her head up 'defiantly', I guess since she didn't know why I was making her sit still. So they turned out bad. l_1119507cfb925e2805047fdb54f7f151.jpg

That's the full pic, and I painted him a frame (it's a blank canvas frame for putting pics in), desktop size.. and I made it black and cloudy with gold & silver stars, and the stars spell I <3 You on the top.. then on the back I dated it for our 1st anniversary!

I know people posted this on the boards before, but seriously.. when I cut my hair, my hair seemed instantly thicker. Now, I know it kind of is because of split ends, but my ponytails are actually about DOUBLE what they were in thickness (the band part), which wouldn't change. So I really think cutting my hair did make my hair thicker!! I'm not self conscious about the thin parts anymore.. hooray!