Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Aww thank you Tracy!! I actually have gotten a lot better, I've read every post for weeks now!!!!! I just don't always comment back (or rarely do I guess).

From Denise's MySpace Bulletin page

Jun 20, 008 1:01 PMSubject: Kara's new baby boy, Dimitri Andrew Body: Could have easily lost both of them...it was touch and go, and I'll write more about it later....

Everything is ok so far...they extubated him and he's now breathing on his own with a little bit of oxygen. Blood gases look good - they're planning on keeping him at Fresno Community in the NICU unless things change and then he'd have to go to Valley Childrens but so far he's looking great...

Was very scary at first - Kara had a 50% placental abruption and they lost the heart beat for about 10 minutes - he was limp, grey and not breathing, but they worked on him fast and so far so good....

He was 3 lbs, 13 oz and 16 inches long...actually pretty good size for a 31 weeker!

I've attached a few pics...I'll see everyone Monday.

Thanks for everyone's prayers!

DENISE: I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND!!!!!!!!! We miss you dang it :)

Talk about skimming posts.....TracyKS!!!

Denise posted that here too, and let us see the little sweetheart----just was hoping all was still going well!!! Silly girl! Your head has been on a cruise ship!!!

Kat

Tracy she posted that a few days ago w/pics of Dimitri.. did you not see them??

What's your myspace? mine is fairyfacade

For our 1 year anniversary I got DH a cookie bouquet, and something else.. and I was thinking of hand-painting him a frame with a schexy pic of me in it for his office desk. Is that hokey? I use to paint him paintings when we were dating early on (he decorated his dorm with them hehe), he always acted like he liked them.. torn about it. And I need my sis to come help me take posed pictures (nothing naked, get your mind out of the gutter!!)

Terry, is your Mom improving at all? I can only imagine how stressed you are right now with everything going on. Did you ever hear back from your cousins or Aunt? Did you ever say anything to your sister about telling them that?

No, Kat... I didn't hear anything from my cousins...but then again, I didn't expect to. They probably just think I'm off my rocker. Hell no I didn't tell my sister!! LOL

Rash is now between left toes and under right armpit :blink:

Make it stop!!!!

1 year anniv. is "Paper" right?? So a picture would be appropriate! That, or a ticket to something he'd like to see??

Laura, did you see my PM? Take benadryl. Sounds like hives!

You guys aren't going to believe this one........

Several months ago Hubby said he wanted to do something for me for my burthday. I really wasn't into it but I knew that he really wanted to do this so I told him to go ahead. I said for him to get with both my sisters and plan something but remember that I just didn't want black. See, I'm turning 50. Yup, that's right. 50. So time goes by and nothing. No one has done anything. So I go over to "Zarda's" and reserve the banquet room and go over the menu with the planner. Next I go and get invitations and have them printed up. I get the list of people ready and buy stamps. Than I go and order a cake and also get balloons ordered. All is set, just now have to wait for the big day. So glad that my family is doing something for my big day. I'm feeling the love. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting a good laugh out of all of this. So,,,Thursday night I get a call from my oldest nephew asking what day is "My Thing?" Well, it's sunday. Is something going on? He said that he has had a Tattoo scheduled for that day and that he won't be able to make it. (Get control of yourself girl, it will be all right. Not the end of the world.)

So Sunday comes and I go pick my sis up. From there we go get my nephew's little girl Abagail. She's all excited about Aunt Suzie's birthday party. So excited that she wants to share it and goes around telling everyone in the restuarant that it is her birthday. Everyone starts to show up and there is food everywhere. It couldn't have been more perfect if I had planned it myself. Ooopps, I did plan it myself. Silly me. After the party we had invited a few people back to the house so that we could continue the fun. Now mind you I haven't had one single drink yet. Thru all of this I am trying very hard to be the best bandster. Now, Abby decides she wants to play in the sprinkler. She would go swimming but remember, we still don't have a pool. So I get her changed and turn the Water on. I get all the toys out and her water wings. She runs thru the sprinkler twice and decides ahe doesn't want to go anymore. So I ask her if she wants me to go. I go in the house and put my shorts and t-shirt on and flip-flops. I go back out and grab Abby's hand and we start runnign thru the sprinkler, screaming and giggling. We run thru about 4 times and Pam comes over and joins us. We were soaking wet. This goes on for about 5 minutes and than we take a break for a few minutes. My nephew decides it's time for him to take Abby home so I tell her to get her flip-flops on and come on it the house. Now, there are 2 steps up from the yard to the deck and I somehow managed to miss the top step. Yup, that's right down I went. Everyone hollering at me "are you alright?" over and over. I finally get myself situated and tell them I'm fine, knowing that I don't think I really am. I pick myself upa nd brush myself off and continue to take Abby in to change her clothes. I finally get her dressed and take her back out on the deck when I procede to tell everyone that it's official, "I need to go to the ER".

Hubby is furious. I think I just ruined his buzz he was starting on. So I go in and change my wet clothes and by now you can see the swelling in my foot and my knee is killing me. We get to the ER and I hobble in. The nurse ask what's wrong and I told her I think it's broke. She brings over a wheelchair and gets me checked in.This whole process at the hospital actually only took about an hour. There was only one other person there and he was getting stitches. They get me in and Doc orders x-rays. I get back to the room and in walks Doc and says "It's broke. What kind of pain killer do you want?". Vicodin, of course. So I have a wrenched knee, 2 bruised toes and one broken big toe. Now I have 2 vicodin in me and all is right with world. Or at least my little world I am now in. We get home and I go to call my boss and tell her. There is not one person to cover my shift so yes that's right. I have to be at work at 6am. Off to bed I go. 4:30 comes and I drag my ass to work. I take my pillow and parked my butt behind the desk and there I sat till my shift was over.

That is my Birthday story. Did you like it??????? We have actually had a pretty good laugh about the whole thing. We somehow have found the humor in all of this. As soon as I get out of the "vicodin buzz" I got going, I'll post pics. Toes are rety bruised and swollen right now but I'm getting around pretty good. Hubby is taking me out to dinner tomorrow night for my actual birthday. I'm looking forward to it.

Everyone have a great evening. Hugs to you all.

Jane,,, Thank You. You're sweet.

Oh Suzie you poor thing!!! Broken toes do NOT get the attention they deserve! I cannot believe you had to go to work, I think the boss herself could have sat behind the desk for a day, you had not been off of narcotics for 24 hours you should not have been driving!!!!

When we Violets all get together, we will show you how to have a good time!!! Jenn and I both did our "Klutz" act while on the trip, so now we can just be the 3 Amigos!!! She fell at the pool, I fell running across the yard---foot in hole and down I went!!!

BUT we did not get hurt! I am so sorry you did!!!

Laura did you read Suzannes new signature line???? FERTILITY!!!

LOL Terry, I did not figure you would mention it to your sister, but ya never know, get you on a roll, and you might have told the entire hospital....I could have!!!

It is clouding up outside, looking like it might rain. We REALLY need it, but I was looking forward to a bike ride tonight. I have been running all day moving Water......so better go do it again!!

Kat

Susie, you are turning 50??? We need to send you 50 things!!! Maybe 50 bandaids, or 50 ace wraps! I wanted the card to come on your birthday, not today!! I mailed it Saturday, now if your birthday was today, it wouldn't get there until tomorrow! I love birthdays, just wish I knew it was 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry, how many beads did you end up getting? Did you ever decide what to make?

I looked at floors, and really liked the cheapest floor I saw, which is really odd, usually I like the most expensive. It is not what I wanted either. So if I go with that it looks like I can get it all done for under one thousand dollars, labor and materials. But I don't jump to anything, so will keep looking. The Dr. didn't call me today about the holter monitor, that makes me so angry. ATT did not call me either about my car.

Oh well have a nice night!!

WHO DARES ME TO BUY THIS SHIRT??? Omg.... I laughed 'til I cried. Prolly 'just me'. (Good thing Judy is in da middle of da ocean)

I dare ya!!! Are they cheaper in bulk?? I just had to sit here and explain it to Rick!!! All the way back to the WWJudyDo.....he just says---doesn't sound very nice to Judy to me! He doesn't get it sometimes. He does however want to buy one for his brother!!! Go figure!

We took a fast ride as the rain started--we have gone for 2 weeks straight, so we didn't want to mess up our record!!!

Catch all of you in the morning. Sure is quiet in here tonight---are y'all having a party without me???

Kat