Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Love the Boss too--------loved him in concert--------he did not however treat me like Courtney Cox----I didn't get to dance on stage. Of course when I saw him, not he nor anyone in the band could have simply given me a hand up onto the stage, I was minimally 260 pounds!!! Can't you see it in your mind, reach down to pull me up and down we both go??!! LOL, still loved the concert! Enjoy!!!

Suzanne, that cleared it up for me too---guess they decided dinner was not so important, I cannot imagine eating dinner that late either, I would never sleep!

I was getting all sad, when I thought a cruise had been settled and I had no clue---thought I was missing the big news.....apparantly not.

Tracy--is this a general LBT cruise, or one with the Violets? Not sure I can get Rick to agree to a cruise----depends on where it is. He had one of his bosses meet with some problems (he got mugged and stabbed) on a cruise, and no one would even take a report, because it was in international waters or something and no one had authority. His sister loves them and is talking, trying to get all of the siblings to go do one together...so far it is a no go. Now there is a distinct possibility that part of the problem is, going with the siblings. He is so mad at his one sister for acting so hateful all the time, he is kind of anit family right now.

Pamela---have fun in Vegas, enjoy the shopping, and the people watching----2 of my Vegas favorites to do! Through the years I have seen those awesome pools in some of the resorts, and I would NEVER go in one, or be seen in public in a suit. I think next time I will enjoy one of them!

Jane, maybe it is something in the air, my best friend Becky, and my friend Marie are both going through similar attitude and depression issues as you are. Becky actually went to the Dr. and was put on antidepressants, and Xanax, she is having massive anxiety attacks, and is suddenly afraid of everything she said. Marie is just terribly depressed......I hate when my friends are unhappy and hurting inside, I want them, and you, and Terry, and Haydee to all get happy again....

Well laundry needs changed out. Rick is tearing down the new/old bike, so I am trying to catch up some housework. We are riding to dinner with friends tonight....so it is now or never to get something done!!

BBL~

Kat

I remember there was talk about a cruise but I didn't think i was finalized. You still need to find away to get me to a shore without flying. What about out of Galvanston???? Can Hubby come?

I'm all in for the Tunica trip. Can leave tomorrow if need to. Ooops. Have to wait for Judy to get home an Pammy also.

I can grab Tracy and Jane along the way.

Dis iz fer u lora....

Edited by TerriDoodle

Jeez. I always, always laugh til I cry when I visit LOL Cats...

ROFLMAO, lolcatz kill me, I am always looking those up!!

Today I am doing my belated unpacking from moving and spring cleaning lol. We have dozens of boxes in our big closets and in the guest room I never unpacked. Going to go through and throw out or put up! And in our house, we got all the fixtures to be a brushed nickel.. so this new china hutch, has old looking brass fixtures (out of date and do not match the house).. so I just ordered some birdcage style antique nickel pulls & knobs for it. $20 bucks, and I had to install pulls on most our cabinets when we moved in, so it'll be a piece of cake for me.

cabinet-hardware-designs_2006_58245060 (For drawers, and cabinets)

cabinet-hardware-designs_2006_59378463(for the top 2 glass cabinets)

Wish ya'll lived closer, it's always nice to have a friend sitting around to talk to while doing things like unpacking!! Yah, makes you wish you lived closer too huh? :redface:

Oh and in case anyone is wondering, the new Alanis Morissette CD gets 2 thumbs up from me!!!!

I wish I was closer Laura! I love to help unpack but most of all I love company when I have to do chores. Sometimes I tell me sister to come vegg on my couch while I put away laundry.

((((Terry)))) I can't pretend to know the pain you're going through. I don't think mine even comes close, but all the same, I have an inkling. I wish I would have logged on last night right before bed! I would have loved to meet with you today. I didn't have anything to do so I went and worked at my mom's store and then we went downtown to walk around a bit. I haven't told my parents yet :redface: I'm not sure why. I know my mom will be devastated and I hate seeing her cry. We're going to go to evening mass tomorrow night at the cathedral downtown and on the ride home I'm going to tell them. I wish things didn't have to be this way...

well i'm off to take a shower now, i'm sure i'm super stinky...

OK guys... I made a mistake the group cruise thread I saw was on LowCarb Friends.. but STILL we could all go and get in on the group rate! (I got DH to AGREE to it, and so I went ahead and booked my deposit...... here is the copy and paste of the thread.... soooooo if anyone wants to join us.. simply click and register... meaning it could be a Mini Violet Bash, under the group discount and planning of LCF!)

NOTE: I JUST PLUNKED DOWN $400 deposit for Charles and I so WE ARE GOING!

Low Carb Cruise 2009

It is time to announce the NEXT cruise!!! Everyone who went last year had so much fun that we just KNEW that we wanted to do it again -- and there are so many more of our online friends that we want to meet.

I am posting this across our Low Carb community to encourage everyone to take advantage of this opportunity to meet up and have a great time. The 2008 Cruise was a lot of fun. We had 46 people from all over the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. It was a relaxed time and so fantastic to meet such wonderful people.

If you might be interested there is a link at the bottom of this page where you can get more information OR you can PM me directly.

Here are the particulars:

WHEN: January 19-23, 2009 (Monday through Friday)

WHERE: Sailing out of Galveston Texas; going to Cozumel & Progreso Mexico

COST: $400.19 per person double occupancy (AND GOOD NEWS -- this includes the taxes AND port charges; please note that their might be another fuel surcharge - I am not certain about this yet approx $25-$35) -- AND this is for the cheapest inside cabin only. When you actually go and sign up you will be given the option for other cabins with different rates. This is inclusive!which means all meals and beverages are included. What it does NOT include are any special excursions (optional), alcohol, gambling, and souveniers.

DEPOSIT: $50 per person, or $100 for the cabin -- REFUNDABLE. If you want to go and are still not sure about the details, you can go ahead and sign up to reserve your place. IF something happens and you cannot go, this is refundable (up to 30 days before we sail).

DEADLINES:

.....deposit -- May 6th (if this is a problem drop me a PM for alternatives)

.... 1st payment -- $150, due September 8th

.... 2nd (final) payment -- balance due November 6th

CABIN-MATES: ANYONE you would like. You can take a family member, friend, OR stay with one of your low-carb friends. That is up to you. Cabins are for DOUBLE occupancy which means that if you don't have a cabinmate you will pay double for a room by yourself.

Feel free to post your questions here because there may be others who have the same questions or you might find your answer at one of these links.

General Information Link

Cruise Reservation Link

I am using a very reputable company. This is my 3rd year doing business with them and I have not had ANY problems. They really go out of their way to work with our group and to make this a fantastic trip.

I HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US!!! Post here and let me know if you are considering it.

(Thanks again, Tom, for helping us get the word out. Hope YOU can make it!!)

Becky

Note: the deadlines have been extended but you have to put down the entire deposit.. also, I got the standard (cheap room) and left it available for upgrade. I can not believe I got him to agree to this.. which is why I jumped on it.... Suzie: did you see this leaves from Galveston????

Well, I am not gonna do that trip but you will be passing me on the way to Galveston so I will come & wave bye-bye to you all from the dock :redface:

Definitely not in the books for me either! It would be a chore to get him to agree to one with all you guys---one full of low carbers he would imagine the whole ship to be bread free!!! LOL

Had a pretty good dinner, really expensive though, we will probably not go back often. Took a nice ride home, and then blew my good day by stopping at my friends ice cream shop. Where she blew us away telling us she and her husband are divorcing! She is several years older than he is, but she said it is just different lifestyles, she works all the time, he wants to take life easy, and they are making each other miserable....so they chose to go separate ways and look for happy. Rick and I did not know what to say.

She had a TT following bypass surgery several years ago, so she was ecstatic to see mine, we popped into the back and compared scars!!! My Belly button looks a lot better, and she did not get the mons lift she said--and hates the way it looks. Mine is still scarred much worse of course, and still draining in one spot....don't think it will EVER quit!

Well I am half way through a new book, so I am off to read for awhile, if I can concentrate beyond the blaring TV with Blood Diamond on it. My DH is deaf I swear!!!

Talk to y'all later!

Kat

I posted this on another thread----but it made such good sense to me, I wanted to share it with you girls too----gotta love cut & paste!!!!

I read this recently in a Ladies Home Journal article---it is a story about a Cherokee elder talking with his grandson. He is telling him about the battle that goes on inside people's heads. He said the battle is between two 'wolves' that live inside us all. One is Unhappiness. It is fear, worry, anger, jealousy, sorrow, self pity, resentment, and inferiority. The other is Happiness. It is joy, love, hope, serenity, kindness, generosity, truth and compassion.

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then ask his grandfather---"which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply answered......The one you feed.

Kat

Wish ya'll lived closer, it's always nice to have a friend sitting around to talk to while doing things like unpacking!! Yah, makes you wish you lived closer too huh? :redface:
That would be so nice. This sux never getting to see each other :lol:
Oh and in case anyone is wondering, the new Alanis Morissette CD gets 2 thumbs up from me!!!!
Oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!

((((Terry)))) I can't pretend to know the pain you're going through. I don't think mine even comes close, but all the same, I have an inkling. I wish I would have logged on last night right before bed! I would have loved to meet with you today. I didn't have anything to do so I went and worked at my mom's store and then we went downtown to walk around a bit. I haven't told my parents yet :smile: I'm not sure why. I know my mom will be devastated and I hate seeing her cry. We're going to go to evening mass tomorrow night at the cathedral downtown and on the ride home I'm going to tell them. I wish things didn't have to be this way......

Things are much better today. I think our talk last night was very helpful...obviously. I wouldn't have been able to meet today after all anyway. Where does the freaking day GO? Mom's not doing well at all and I had to go spend a few hours with her. After I left, she fell out of bed and hit her head!!! I think she has been having some hallucinations. So NOW she'll be restricted to bed or wheelchair unless she's with a physical therapist or nurse. :smile:

You mean you've been going thru all this stuff and your parents don't even know?? They may be 'devastated' but surely they want what YOU want!! And so where is Juan's head these days? Is he like, "Ok, See ya!" ??? Hard to believe..... but you know what they say, "If you love him, set him free..." I know it's a lot easier said than done. Hey, remember that I'm a golf widow most Saturdays and some Sundays....so give me a ring anytime!

I posted this on another thread----but it made such good sense to me, I wanted to share it with you girls too----gotta love cut & paste!!!!

I read this recently in a Ladies Home Journal article---it is a story about a Cherokee elder talking with his grandson. He is telling him about the battle that goes on inside people's heads. He said the battle is between two 'wolves' that live inside us all. One is Unhappiness. It is fear, worry, anger, jealousy, sorrow, self pity, resentment, and inferiority. The other is Happiness. It is joy, love, hope, serenity, kindness, generosity, truth and compassion.

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then ask his grandfather---"which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply answered......The one you feed.

Kat

That is SO good and SO true, Kat. Thanks! And thanks for the "finding your balls" card. That was amazing! Soooo, so sweet of you. Mmmmmmuah!