Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Sorry Terry.. I don't get it! :smile:

Tracy you are toooo funny!

Pamela: HAVE FUN!

Judy: HAVE FUN!

Nothing much going on here today........ scale was still down so that is nice.

Tracy...didn't forget you...my puter started acting up, so I posted hoping to get back to LBT, then couldn't! LOVE YOU!

Off to Vegas...fighting w/ Susanne! Wish me luck! Taking puter.

So my parents came back last night. My dad looks so awesome ya'll! OMG, I can't wait to get mine done. It's only been six days and his incision is healing so good and tiny. Man, my dad heals quick. He was never in any pain whatsoever and he's ready to go back to work on Monday. I asked him to pretty please let me take pictures but he won't let me. Boo... I might do it when he's asleep. he he he... Just seeing how good he looks makes me want to hit the gym so I can hurry up and get to goal so I can get my tummy done!

Have fun Pammy!! Thanks for your advice. Well, thanks everyone for your advice. I finally ended things last night. I'm fine, I'll be fine.

((Haydee)) Wish I had some words of wisdom... I do think you're doing what's best for you... and that's always the right thing to do...

Terry.. it's just a flesh wound!

TracyK... now you know PamELa wouldn't forget you. NOne of us would. Raise your hand if you would never forget Tracy...:biggrin:

Haydee..:smile: to you on your decision. You need to do what is best for YOU and sounds like you did. Glad to hear your Dad did so well. A year ago we were all talking about losing pounds and now we're talking about losing skin! What a difference a year makes!

PamELa... have a great time. Take lots of pics to share with us so we can be at the concert through you!

Suzie...it SUNNY here today. Might get the pool temp up to 70..........:tt2:

Ethan is here today and I'm soaking him up cause I won't see him for a week after today. He's only here til noon and since his Mom was up for work at 5:30 a.m. and Ethan was up at the same time she asked me to please make sure he didn't nap this morning so she can nap with him this afternoon. I have my job cut out for me! I'm going to go walking with him in about a half hour. HOpefully he won't fall asleep in the stroller!

Everyone have a great day. I have lots to do to get ready to leave in the morning. Will check in later tonight.

Phew! Yesterday was a long day! The meeting ended up going until 4pm!! Ugh. Did we really have to spend an hour debating the pros/cons of binder v. folder use for the LA program?? Guess we did...

I was pooped out when I got home, so we went out to dinner @ the local mom & pop place in town... I didn't realize it at the time, but I ate a WHOLE turkey rubeun (sp?) sandwhich & 1/2 an order of onion rings... without a hitch! Ummmm, methinks I need a fill, pronto!! :smile:

Yesterday I also picked up our first "CSA" (community supported agriculture) order... we got a big reusable bag filled w/beets, brocolli, lettuce greens, mint & chives, potatoes, zuchini, sugar snap peas, and strawberries! What fun! When I was there, I saw that they had a lot of flats of strawberries, and I know it's just about the end of the season for them here, so I bought 7lbs and brought them home & made strawberry jam last night! Talk about spontaneity!! I did it the old-fashioned way... cutting, cleaning, mashing & then stirring for an hour & the hot Water bath, etc... I actually had jars in the basement (from years ago!)... so I ended up w/ 12 small (gift-sized) jars of jam!!

And yes, I know that this IS one of the reasons I'm fat... I love, love, love to bake, etc... and eat it, obviously... my family & friends have commented more than once this past year about how I never bake anymore... it's been hard to reconcile it... it is how I show my love to people, but I have to balance it with if I feel I can "resist" or not... they understand... but they also appreciate it a lot more now when I DO bake!

Judy -- have a great time on your cruise!! I can't WAIT to see the pics of you parasailing!! You're my hero!!

Morning V's!!

((HAYDEE!!!)) Again, call me if you want to talk!!

You're going to be fine, you're an amazing person.

Glad Susanne is back Pam!! You guys "catching up?" nudge nudge, wink wink.

Sounds like you do need a fill Michelle.. a whole sammich?!?!

And Terry, I'm a fan of Monty Python, I love the coconuts they use for the horse noise! My favorite scene is passing the knight, when he has no arms, legs, etc.

Have fun on your cruise Judy!!

Last night I made porcupine meatballs, something my mom use to make a lot when I was a kid and I hated them. I couldn't figure out what to do with ground beef, so I found a different recipe than hers. It turned out good! Also made a zucchini/squash/balsamic salad. Yum.. and DH who doesn't like squash-es liked it!

Then I had a bizarre dream that I had a baby, but I didn't see it for months. I didn't really care that I had it, so when I finally went to see (HIM), he had 2 heads!!! LOL And I had no diapers, clothes, or food. He was just out of luck cause I kept leaving him on the couch. Anywho..

Could have easily lost both of them...it was touch and go, and I'll write more about it later....

Everything is ok so far...they extubated him and he's now breathing on his own with a little bit of oxygen. Blood gases look good - they're planning on keeping him at Fresno Community in the NICU unless things change and then he'd have to go to Valley Childrens but so far he's looking great...

Was very scary at first - Kara had a 50% placental abruption and they lost the heart beat for about 10 minutes - he was limp, grey and not breathing, but they worked on him fast and so far so good....

He was 3 lbs, 13 oz and 16 inches long...actually pretty good size for a 31 weeker!

I've attached a few pics...

dimitri1jg9.jpg

dimitri2pf3.jpg

My prayers are with all of you, Denise. I'm so glad to hear it all looks good so far. He is beautiful! Looks perfect to me! (((Hugs)))

Laura - I have really strange baby dreams like that too sometimes. Like, OOPS! I have a baby! I found one under my bed one time (in the dream). I read that when dreaming about babies, the baby represents your soul, or inner self. Of course, that's just a shot in the dark, eh? In the dream I had it made some sense....at the time.

Oh Denise...!!! He looks perfect , even hooked up to everything. What a blessing! Continued prayers headed Dimitri's way!

Aww congrats x2 Denise!! He looks pretty darn healthy for a 3lber!! :rolleyes2:)