Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Ok, new tire balanced and on!! We are safe again!

As you all know I have been taking the antibiotics for over 2 weeks now, and my stomach has been killing me! I have had massive heart burn and reflux....for about 5 days I have been miserable with them. I wake up feeling pretty good, then I take the 3 a day and by mid morning the heartburn starts and by midday, I am miserable....come bed time I am sick.....rest with no more to take, and I wake feeling pretty good, only to start over.

So yesterday was the same way. We went to Fuddruckers for dinner, I had a small section of Rick's burger and some onion rings. When we got home, I felt sick. I joked that it was a good thing I hadn't eaten any tomatoes, or I'd think I had salmonella. Rick's friend from California was here, and we sat up and visited until almost 2 AM. Then went to bed and not for the sake of TMI, but just to cover all my bases in the telling of this, lets just say we jostled my stomach around some!!!!!!LOL After that I was really nauseated, so I got up, and was going to rinse my mouth and see if I could settle my stomach---but when I went into the bathroom and opened my mouth, I knew it was too late, and I threw up-----brown grainy, coffee ground looking stuff, which I knew was dried, old blood. Rick is having a conniption fit, to go to the ER. I convinced him to wait and see if any bright red blood were to follow, and nothing, I felt great when I got it out, and went to sleep. I believe my antibiotics to be the cause---so I called the on call PS today, and he has never returned my call, she said he would call after his appointments, and if I was concerned to go to the ER. Gee thanks! So, I have not taken any antibiotics today, my stomach feels 90% better! I called my band Dr. he was in agreement that they were the likely cause, but wants to see me to scope my band. That seems pretty invasive if not taking the meds makes it better I think. I mean he is 6.5 hours away, and gas is not cheap!!! I am also concerned that if I don't take the meds, my incision might re infect......

I have had zero nausea today, and only residual feeling heart burn, nothing like I have suffered with for days.

Any feelings or suggestions......anything? Am I being foolish? I feel good today. And again, not to be gross with TMI, but BM's are totally normal, not black or tarry, or anything abnormal at all.

Kat

Kat, my opinion is go to your doc!! I haven't personally heard of antibiotics causing your stomach to bleed, but I do know of a BAND complication that causes bleeding! Ya know? Better to be safe than sorry, so that's my vote.

Can someone from Mich. go check their front porch for me?????????

Kat, I'd call your PS answering service and leave another message just to be a squeaky wheel. Then I'd call every 20 minutes starting in the morning until you can talk to the doctor. Did you look online at possible complications and side effects of the drugs you are taking? Is gastric bleeding one of them??

Terry---yes it is a common side effect when taken in consecutive rounds especially. My own PS is out of town all week---he warned me of that at our last appt. and I see him again on Monday. I have eaten all day, without any pain, and no upset, no heartburn.

I did talk to my PCP, he said I need to have a couple of tests run to make sure I have not ended up with a bleeding ulcer from them or the band, and if I do, to treat it.

For now I feel great. Going to go mow in the rose garden----the part I hate the worst----I know Rick will feel bad and come finish it for me!!! LOL Don't blame me....Laura taught me when we were in TX to pretend I couldn't even pick up a case of water!

Kat

For now I feel great. Going to go mow in the rose garden----the part I hate the worst----I know Rick will feel bad and come finish it for me!!! LOL Don't blame me....Laura taught me when we were in TX to pretend I couldn't even pick up a case of water!

Kat

Laura is one smart chick for her age, eh?

GOOD EVENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Managed to stay away from ice cream tonight.........

(but I did have a ding dong) GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!

the bad kind............... :confused_smile:

Well Rick mowed, I rolled Water hose up!!!

Today, one of my favorite places in town opened up----it had been closed, I figured permanently---but it is open!!! Shaved Ice! I LOVE it! They have one called Silver Fox, sugar free and it is SOOOOOO good! I love it. I can have it, and not feel guilty! The one that has the flavor in Farmington, uses the bead ice like they make snow cones out of----not what I want! I like the SHAVED ice!!!

I am out of the shower and ready for bed....it was a short night---we went to bed late, then freaked out over me getting sick----so I didn't sleep well. Going to bed early, and sleeping in late.

Everyone have a great evening, and will see you all tomorrow, not sure what we have going on----I know we have to pick up Rick's new/old motorcycle tomorrow evening at 5.....otherwise, I think I will make him check out a movie, since we missed it last weekend!! Then maybe some ribs....been wanting ribs!!! LOL

Talk to y'all in the morning! Nighty night!

Kat

Hey Vi's~

WOW...what an amazing couple of days! Benton is now a doctor...and it was so great to watch. I kept tearing up and I WANT IT SOOOO BAD! IRB has NOT been kicked back again...please keep sending Purple Power, it must be working. oxxoxo

Went and met w/ all my dear old girlfriends tonight...and walked down memory lane all night. It was GREAT to see these women, now w/ children spouses, etc. One of my bestest girlies, Janee has 2 little girls, one named Ruby and one named Violet! They are both soooo sweet and beautiful! Susanne did not go, we were wipped out after the long long day. We leave for Vegas in the morning to see George Michael. We have been running since the last day of school...more busier now than when I was working!

I read through 3.5 pages of posts, and hopefully I can do this w/o skipping anyone.

Denise~ Prayers and purple power sista...keep us posted!

Judy~ Have a great time...we can't wait to see your pix!

Hayee~ In my 40 years on the planet, this is a pearl of wisdom I can share w/ you about what your current situation is...Life is too short to do anything that doesn't feel right in your heart. Follow what you know to be right. If you want babies and a husband...don't settle! You will find the happiness if you open yourself up to it! We love youxoxoxoxoxo

Jenn~ Prayers and purple power honey. We love and miss you. I think we need you to complete the violets...hurry back to us!

TracyK~ Good for you on the ice cream...I haven't had a ding dong in 30 years.

Michelle~ I think our next trip you need to bake something for us. I love that you bake stuff...I think that is too cool.

Terri~ I hope mom is well and shit is tolerable. Talk to Haydee about your trip to PS...sounds like you both need it!

Kat~ Hope you are healing and feeling better everyday! Pix???

Susie~ It is hot as hell here...was thinking about you today and your pool...we need pix!

Mow, mow and mow some more.Today is our day to mow the grass at church. Takes both of us about 6 hours. Me pushing a mower and Hubby on the riding mower. Hopefully I think someone is supposed to show up to help us. At least it is only supposed to get in the 80's.

I would post a pic of me in a bathing suit floating in my pool but guess what????????Still no pool. Maybe by Labor Day. :smile:

Hey Vi's~

I read through 3.5 pages of posts, and hopefully I can do this w/o skipping anyone.

Denise~ Prayers and purple power sista...keep us posted!

Judy~ Have a great time...we can't wait to see your pix!

Hayee~ In my 40 years on the planet, this is a pearl of wisdom I can share w/ you about what your current situation is...Life is too short to do anything that doesn't feel right in your heart. Follow what you know to be right. If you want babies and a husband...don't settle! You will find the happiness if you open yourself up to it! We love youxoxoxoxoxo

Jenn~ Prayers and purple power honey. We love and miss you. I think we need you to complete the violets...hurry back to us!

TracyK~ Good for you on the ice cream...I haven't had a ding dong in 30 years.

Michelle~ I think our next trip you need to bake something for us. I love that you bake stuff...I think that is too cool.

Terri~ I hope mom is well and shit is tolerable. Talk to Haydee about your trip to PS...sounds like you both need it!

Kat~ Hope you are healing and feeling better everyday! Pix???

Susie~ It is hot as hell here...was thinking about you today and your pool...we need pix!

:thumbup::confused2::smile::thumbup::crying::thumbup::tt2::biggrin::tongue2:

You forgot me...but guess what :smile:

(I love you anyway:biggrin::smile:)

Good morning ya'll-

TGIF

Well I was just gonna do half a day today cause my mom & stepdad are coming to get macy for the weekend and we were gonna go to lunch but the girl that wors with me called in SO...I will still get to go, I will just have to go in there and put my foot down...err, or maybe just whine & cry about it until I can leave:biggrin:

Pammie-have a great time this weekend at the concert! LUCKY LADY!

Everyone have a fantastic time in whatever you do and please be careful!

By the way, I am still being horrible in my eating and can't seem to control myself and it is really taking a mental toll on me. Pretty bad when I start thinking maybe I should have had gastric bypass....:smile:

You forgot me...but guess what :tt2:

OMG!! This made me spew coffee out my nose!!! ROFL!!!!!!

By the way, I am still being horrible in my eating and can't seem to control myself and it is really taking a mental toll on me. Pretty bad when I start thinking maybe I should have had gastric bypass....:smile:

Aaaaaaaaargh!!! She said the word!!!! (for all you Monty Python fans) LOL!

Suzie - I just noticed in your avatar that you have COLLAR BONES!!! Whoa!!! Major NSV!! Maybe if I'd get out and mow lawns for 6 hours I'd have collar bones,too!

Surely among you there is one or two who are Monty Python "Holy Grail" fans.... Pammy perhaps?? I've seen the movie at least 20 times.........

For any of you out there, this will give you a boost this Friday.... my gift to you! LOL

The rest of you will just think I'm high.

===========================================================

ARTHUR: Old crone! Is there anywhere in this town where we could buy

a shrubbery!

[dramatic chord]

CRONE: Who sent you?

ARTHUR: The Knights Who Say Nee.

CRONE: Agh! No! Never! We have no shrubberies here.

ARTHUR: If you do not tell us where we can buy a shrubbery, my friend

and I will say... we will say... `nee'.

CRONE: Agh! Do your worst!

ARTHUR: Very well! If you will not assist us voluntarily,... nee!

CRONE: No! Never! No shrubberies!

ARTHUR: Nee!

BEDEMIR: Noo! Noo!

ARTHUR: No, no, no, no -- it's not that, it's 'nee'.

BEDEMIR: Noo!

ARTHUR: No, no -- 'nee'. You're not doing it properly.

BEDEMIR: Noo! Nee!

ARTHUR: That's it, that's it, you've got it.

ARTHUR and BEDEMIR: Nee! Nee!

ROGER: Are you saying 'nee' to that old woman?

ARTHUR: Um, yes.

ROGER: Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say `nee'

at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing

is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under

considerable economic stress at this period in history.

ARTHUR: Did you say `shrubberies'?

ROGER: Yes, shrubberies are my trade -- I am a shrubber. My name

is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.

BEDEMIR: Nee!

ARTHUR: No! No, no, no! No!

Scene 31

ARTHUR: O, Knights of Nee, we have brought you your shrubbery. May we go now?

HEAD KNIGHT: It is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly. But there is one small problem.

ARTHUR: What is that?

HEAD KNIGHT: We are now... no longer the Knights Who Say Nee. RANDOM: Nee!

HEAD KNIGHT: Shh shh. We are now the Knights Who Say Ecky-ecky-ecky- ecky-pikang-zoom-boing-mumble-mumble.

RANDOM: Nee!

HEAD KNIGHT: Therefore, we must give you a test.

ARTHUR: What is this test, O Knights of-- Knights Who 'Til Recently Said Nee?

HEAD KNIGHT: Firstly, you must find... another shrubbery! [dramatic chord]

ARTHUR: Not another shrubbery!

HEAD KNIGHT: Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two-level effect with a little path running down the middle.

RANDOM: A path! A path! Nee!

HEAD KNIGHT: Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... with... a herring! [dramatic chord]

ARTHUR: We shall do no such thing!

HEAD KNIGHT: Oh, please!

ARTHUR: Cut down a tree with a herring? It can't be done.

KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh! Aaaugh!

HEAD KNIGHT: Don't say that word.

ARTHUR: What word?

HEAD KNIGHT: I cannot tell, suffice to say is one of the words the Knights of Nee cannot hear.

ARTHUR: How can we not say the word if you don't tell us what it is?

KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh! Aaaugh!

ARTHUR: What, `is'?

HEAD KNIGHT: No, not `is' -- we couldn't get vary far in life not saying `is'.

BEDEMIR: My liege, it's Sir Robin!

MINSTREL (singing): Packing it in and packing it up

And sneaking away and buggering up

And chickening out and pissing about

Yes, bravely he is throwing in the sponge

Edited by TerriDoodle