Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

(she says as she packs up her home-baked "Hummingbird Cake" (a big bundt cake made w/bananas' date=' pineapple, & spices... mmmmm) to take to the meeting!)[/size']

quote]

STEP AWAY FROM THE HUMMINGBIRD CAKE.

Raise your hand if you've ever heard of a Hummingbird Cake. Oooooooooooooooookay. Thought so.

Lucky Judy & her cruises!!!

I am dealing with another crazy customer. She was a customer before I started working here, and she was such a PITA they got rid of her. She had credit terms, and somehow every single job she found a reason she didn't want to pay half of her bill. So they got rid of her. She came back a few months ago, they warned me about her. She wanted credit, we said no. So she prepays, all is right with the world. Her first job since being back, she's telling us we short shipped half the job. Thanks to MY DH we have scales in the back that weigh product AMOUNT, not just weight. If you put 154 sleeves on it, it will say "154 sleeves shipped". Ta-da. Solves problems like these. So we showed her the tickets that show we shipped actually MORE than she paid for.. she comes up with some story why we should still eat the cost, since she doesn't know what happened, and we could have 'made up' the numbers on our scales.. Mmhm. When that argument failed, she comes back with "Well I wasn't going to say anything, but it's out of register, so you should redo it ALL at YOUR COST" (she used caps and all!!) I just went through samples, they are not out of register, she's just oddly enough trying to find a way to get half the job free. People are fun. I guess I like the drama like this, keeps me chit chatting with coworkers throughout the day "Can you believe this customer..." And in situations like this, we did absolutely nothing wrong, we offered her a discounted solution which wasn't good enough.. she wants us to pay her to be our customer!

Laura.... you KNOW what I"d tell her!! LOL

Will you keep her as a customer or give her the boot again?

I was no good at customer service. I fired every customer that pissed me off. "We don't need your business so take it elsewhere..." My mom never lets me work the register anymore, LOL.

Terry - yes, i'm seriously contemplating breaking up with him for good. I'm surprisingly calm about it. I know in my heart that if I continue with him like we have been he is never going to committ. He even asked me, "you would rather be married to someone else just to be married instead of being with me and not be married." Hmmm... made me think. Am I giving him up just because I want "to be married" in the legality of the word? Do you get what I'm saying? I've just got alot on my mind. My mom comes home today and I can't wait to talk to her...

That's a hard spot for him to put you in Haydee!! Ask him if he'd rather marry you and be with you, or not marry you and lose you!! I debated that too, Russell didn't like the whole marriage idea. He kept saying it was just a piece of paper. I guess I eventually changed his mind, because he didn't act dismissive when we got married! I think it was all just an excuse, really. Whatever you decide to do, we support you, and I'm here for ya :biggrin:

I have about 5 customers, that I hear every day "They aren't worth it". They literally cause us to spend hours tracking info, double checking etc, because we want to make sure we DIDN'T do anything wrong.. but it ends up they are just always out to scam us. 5 of mine, ALWAYS are looking for a reason for us to charge less, refund them something, ship for free (overnight-usually). I won't be straight out rude to them, but they're on my list of.. they can argue all they want, I'm not doing anything, if they leave..good riddens. This one today the production manager said "Tell her.. go to google.com and look up dvd printers.. and go there" hehe.

1 of my 5 called before I went to lunch, asking pricing on something. I gave him the pricing (excellent pricing, none of our competetors can match it).. and he goes "You need to cut me a break blah blah" and I go through the whole "This is our pricing, this is it.. we can't negotiate it". And he's hmm'ing and sighing for a good 3 minutes.. I'm staring at my clock.. so I finally go "So.. is that it?" and he goes "So you won't give me a better price? My customer is getting it for the same price." Now what this means is, they are mostly brokers, they take our price, mark it up on someone else. He is saying his customer.. is OUR customer.. and he wants US to cut our price.. so he can sell it for more profit to.. another customer of ours, that would have paid the right price. Derrrrrrr.

I was no good at customer service. I fired every customer that pissed me off. "We don't need your business so take it elsewhere..." My mom never lets me work the register anymore, LOL.

Terry - yes, i'm seriously contemplating breaking up with him for good. I'm surprisingly calm about it. I know in my heart that if I continue with him like we have been he is never going to committ. He even asked me, "you would rather be married to someone else just to be married instead of being with me and not be married." Hmmm... made me think. Am I giving him up just because I want "to be married" in the legality of the word? Do you get what I'm saying? I've just got alot on my mind. My mom comes home today and I can't wait to talk to her...

LOL about the register.... That'd be me, too.

Well, I thought that one of your major life goals was to have children....and the clock is ticking. Doesn't he get that? No marriage = no children, right? It's not just about "being married"!!

Hi Ladies-

My computer went down last night, so I did some status checks on it, and my DSL is up but my PPoE is down, Qwest shut me off! I had to wait til this morning when I could talk with a person (I HATE that!!!) Then had to have my bank fax the on line banking payment info to them, and they told me "ooops---we will have it restored in 2-24 hours!" So about 5 hours later it come back, so all total I was down for almost 24 hours, so I called and told them I expect credit for that time, she hum hawed, I bet it never shows. Just glad to be back up right now!!!

Was anxious to hear if Denise had posted....I see that she hasn't.

Haydee---I am proud of you for your honesty with not just him, but with yourself---sometimes that is the hardest one to be honest with. You are doing the right thing....by examining what is in your heart, because if you get married without both of you being in it for the right reason, it won't be happy, and believe me, marriage is a lot easier to get into than out of!

Well heck had something I wanted to talk to y'all about, but I have to run, gotta take a motorcycle tire to be balanced! AArrgghhh!!

Will do it in awhile----bbl~~

Kat

Kat - you're right. I want him to WANT to marry me. Not just marry me because i want him to. sigh... off to my parents house. they just landed at the airport and i can't wait to see them...

Home from our trip and boy did we have fun. But it sure is Hell traveling with 2 Weight Watchers. Guess scale will be down tomorrow.

Hey there you Texan Violets. Do any of you know of Dr. Cribbins at the Texas Weight Management Center?? One of my new members of my support group had him as her surgeon and she said he put in 10cc's in her 14 cc band on the day of surgery. She has only lost 10# since February and has had one fill of 2 ccs here in Michigan. So at 12 ccs in a 14cc band she is feeling no restriction at all. I suggested she ask about a fluro to see if the band actually has all that in it. She's not had fluro with the doctor she found here in Michigan. She went to Texas for the surger cause she was a self pay and it was $6,000 cheaper there than in Michigan plus her son lives in Dallas.

Any info would be appreciated.

Got my sewing stuff cut out today and tomorrow I'll sew it all together. We're headed out to our Democratic Party meeting. I have to take minutes cause the secretary is out of town and I HATE taking minutes.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Catch you all later.

Hi ya'll-

Well it looks like my countdown is correct after all. Tomorrow will not be my last day at work. I went in and talked to my boss and I had thought that he would not care one way or another if I left tomorrow. Well....he pleaded for me to stay to wrap up some more things. Hmmm, it was really nice to feel needed/valued for a change. Makes me feel like I might be missed after all. Someone had even mentioned something about a going away party...it would be very nice (and appropriate) but I know if they do not do something my feelings are going to be SO hurt. I am just trying not to expect anything, ya know? I do not wanna be let down. I will feel like the worlds biggest idiot to stay thre to help out for 2 more weeks to find that they were just 'using' me. Ugh..sorry I am just rambling. :crying:

Haydee-I wasn't gonna say anything about your situation with Juan BUT I can't believe he said that to you. My response would have been "no, I want to find someone who loves me enough to WANT to marry me". OK, sorry, I had to say that. Forgive me if I over stepped...:confused_smile:

Everyone have a great evening!

Judy...If I don't 'see' you again, have a GREAT time...k? Remember we are all there with you!

Tracy - no, you're no overstepping at all! I pour out my heart on here and I always welcome all opionions. That's why I do it!