Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Don't get me started on chubby choochas!!!! Looks like I got a ball sack. I had a discussion with Haydee, Michelle, and Kat about that one.:drool:

My daughter, Kara, she went into labor today. Water broke early in the morning (1am) and she's been admitted to the hospital in premature labor (she's 31 weeks). They are watching her, giving her meds to mature the babies lungs quicker, and giving her antibiotics so that she doesn't get an infection from her water being broke for so long....

They said the baby can come tonight....or 3 weeks from now. Either way she won't leave until she has the baby now.

They're transferring her to another hospital via ambulance in the morning as the other hospital has a more equipped NICU for the baby once he's born.

Please keep her and her son, Dimitri, in your prayers....

Good Morning, Violets..

Denise.. lots of prayers headed your way for your DD and the baby.

Tracy.. hope you feel better today.

PamELa.. lots of PURPLE POWER for your IRB. I can't wait til you become Rev. Doctor PamELa. Then the hat picture will be worth sooooooooo much more.. :drool::tt2:

Well, today is the 18th of June. It's 49 degrees here and the furnace is running. Can you believe it????? I'm NEVER gonna get into my pool!! At least in 4 days, I'll be on a ship headed for the Caribbean and warm weather. Can't wait for this special week with Kristin.

I have a flute rehearsal this morning. Had a singing rehearsal last night and Ethan comes today so I won't have much spare time. I have a couple of shorts outfits I want to sew for my DGD Amelia before Saturday. Hope I can do that Thursday when I don't have any committments and Ethan is with his Mom.

Laura... you know there are several of us that could form a team and go on "America's Got Talent" with our stomach puppets!!! Whadda ya think? I see music, I see choreography. Raise your hand if you think we have a chance!!

Just finishing my oatmeal and headed out the door for rehearsal. Everyone have a good day.

BIG BIG PRAYERS FOR DIMITRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura: I think you are right about the deflating... (which is gonna have to be the case anyway since I have no money and I'll have to save up 2 weeks of time off)

Pamela: you explained it perfectly............. this is because they take the fat cells out, so you don't plump up where they take them but when and if you DO gain you will plump up the other fat cells.... which is why people like BabyGotBack has a flat tummy but a big booty (her words) and is also why I would get a mons lift in addition with the tt.. mons lift is getting rid of the pubis fat........... and GOOD luck with getting insurance to PAY FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: which is why.. I might be visiting Haydee's doc in mexico :confused_smile:

Like Laura, I stuff my belly in pants.... and the fact that I've been doing this my whole life is most likely why I can wear some size 10's... (I'm used to being tight around the gut) where as my sis can NOT stand tightness and is why she "can't wear her size 10's............... she was pretty depressed yesterday about her weight gain....... so I sent her the belly pic and told her... "NO MATTER WHAT YOU DON't have THIS hiding in your UNDERWEAR!!" She laughed her butt off.. (which is what I was going for)

I posted these on the pic thread but I will post them special for you....

April 2007 @ 272 and June 08 @ 182 (wearing spanx)

Look at that, Tracy!! Wowza! You look just fab-u!!! (& you seriously crack me up... "...at least you don't have THIS hiding in your underwear!!!" bwa ha ha!)

Hey everyone... not much to say... good thoughts going out to everyone... love you all... make it a great day!!

Oh, & Judy: :drool:

Buenos Dias Chicas~

I can't believe how hard I slept! I think I was mentally exhausted! I didn't change positions ALL night! I never do that!

Today we are driving into La Verne, to the university I am going to. My friend Benton is defending his dissertation today!! We went through our course work together. He and I have the same dissertation chair, so it is vital I go and see this process, especially w/ her! Iam hoping to tape the defense. Gain some insights as to her questioning and what to expect. La Verne is 80 miles away, so it is gonna take up most of the day.

Denise~ My prayers send to DD and DGS. Please tell him he has a lot of Violets sending him love and power!!!

TracyK~ I never thought about it, but yes, my jazz lady must've gained some more. It does not look right. She works her ass off in class, is very fit, but...yikes! You by the way look BEAUTIFUL in that dress! Amazing!

Judy~I don't think Rev. applies to me. My parents had us all ordained in 1969! Yes, I was 2 years old! It still is good...but it is a far cry from Rev. My friend is working on becoming a Deacon.

Speaking of this, tomorrow I am meeting w/ 5 of my very bestest girlfriends from high school!!! I am soooo excited to see the old gang. It is a long story but I'll let you know how it goes.

OK...Susanne is working and I am sitting here...gotta run!

xoxoxo

Work and Wal-Mart. That was my morning. Now it's home and Water Tomato plants and flowers and do some cleaning. What day so far.

Taking both sisters out shopping,(Lord, grant me the strength). I'm sure we will have a good time. :drool:

TracyKS, you are one HOT little Mama. You must be very proud of yourself.

Prayers and purple power to everyone and can't wait to see pics of the new baby when it gets here.

Hi girls! I'm doing good. I have my good moments and my bad moments. We talked for a bit last night and I asked him if he loves me then why doesn't he committ and he said that he still struggles with some of our old issues that we used to have. See I used to be very controlling towards him. And because he never really resisted I would do it even more. Till there came a day when he stood up for himself and he didn't let me do it anymore. And I have struggled to change and I have changed but my controlling side still comes out every once in awhile and so when it does he still gets scared that I'm gonna be that same person that I was 5 years ago. My love didn't feel like love to him, it felt like chains. It's gotten alot better but he says that he still feels that every once in awhile. Sooo. I just feel like I try the best I can. I'm not perfect and I will never be perfect. And I can't change what happened in the past... So that's where we are now. yuck.

Tracy - you look wonderful in that dress! Don't you love Spanx? ? Mine hide a multitude of sins...

Michelle - how was your daughters pool party?? I remember those end of year parties. Was it co-ed? Those were the best!! he he he

Judy - I can't believe here we are in the middle of June and you're having to put the furnace on! Has it always been like that? We got up into the 100's in Austin this weekend.

Pammy - (you don't mind me calling you pammy, right? i actually want to call you pammycakes but I'm restraining myself) Have fun today with your friends!! I still have my best friend from middle school and even though we've had our ups and downs i'm grateful that we're still friends.

Terry - sorry about the drama with your sis. I'm always amazed at what the people that are supposed to love you the most in this world will do to hurt you. My sisters and I don't have as a close of a relationship as I would like but fortunately we're not evil to each other. Were ya'll ever close?

And I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that my choocha is pleasantly plump. I'm not losing any weight from that area at all all. My boobs and ass are gone though. My damn body is seriously plotting against me for all the hardships I put it through.

And and TracyK, you did give me your germs! Seriously! I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat and I'm gonna get sick just in time for the weekend. Great... that's what i need, to spend the weekend sick in bed. yuck. well, luckily my house is all clean and i did all my laundry done. My oh my, never realized how much free time one has when one doesn't have to take care of a man...

Denise, your DD and Dimitri will be in my prayers, and have been added to the Azted First United Methodist Church's prayer chain. My Kinsey was a preemie....I know the fear, and the worries you are facing. They do miracles! I mentioned awhile back a little girl I took care of for many years is heading into her Senior year of high school, and just received a soccer scholarship---and she was 1 pound and 7 ounces at birth!!! She was one of the original babies they tested the surfactant in her lungs. She has no known problems from her low birth weight! She did have some issues with the roof of her mouth not stretching out as she grew, since she was being tube fed, but as soon as they got her sucking----it fixed itself---and she is a beauty!!! Keep the faith, and we will keep praying!!!

As for the FUPA thing------yep I had it too! My PS lipo'd the pubic mound, and did tighten and lift the skin. He said that is not always possible without pre treatment of laser hair removal. There is no muscle in the pubic mound so once it gets fatty it stays that way---areas reduce better if there is a fit muscle beneath them to help burn fat. Following my chemo, not lots of hair grew back, so it made it simple for him to remove some excess skin, following the Lipo and lift the mons as he did the TT. He said he seldom does a TT without at least trying to address the mons---or results will be as you say----strange looking. As for the fatty upper torso----bandsters will have more issue with that than others, because lipo has to be carefully done around the port and tubing. I can feel all my ribs, but my left side is either going to be fuller or is still much more swollen than the right. The left is where the muscle repair was though.

I don't think my Dr. billed my insurance any differently for the mons lift to be honest....as I too doubt that would have been covered.

Not to get into the TMI category----but the lift is AMAZING!!!! Suffice it to say WOW!!!

Haydee, I know we discussed the situation with Juan in the car---but did you say he would or would not do counceling? And I was wondering how his Mom is taking this. Are you still working with her through it all at the event place?

Pamela---fingers crossed for the IRB.......we will send not just you PURPLE POWER but them as well so they know what to do!!!

Enjoy your friends!!!

I am still very close friends with my oldest childhood friend Sharon. We have been friends since 3rd grade!!! She has moved to Texas--outside Dallas, so we don't see a lot of one another. She is totally all about her DH's family. She doesn't even see much of her folks, or her friends. Disappointing---but it is what it is!

Tracy, the new pics are great, you look wonderful! I am like your sister, I hate tight things!

TracyK, what are you and Macy going to do today while you "recover"?

Michelle----let the fun begin, summer has struck!!!

Terry---so are any of your beads going to be compatible??? LOL!

Jane---how ya feeling? Emotionally? Physically?

Today, I wanted to mow, but something was going on last night, and seems to still be...from about 4 this morning, we had cops looking in yards with spotlights---I know it was happening, because Rick got called out, so I was home alone!!! They are still cruising the alley---so Kinsey and I are staying in, until we head to town, we are meeting my folks for lunch.

Will check in with you girls later!!!

Kat

Prayers for your daughter Denise, I actually have a fear of that happening. I would go crazy having to be on bed rest, much less AT THE HOSPITAL!! Hope everything works out for the best.. maybe Dimitri will come on out and be just healthy at 31 weeks!

Haydee I need your input!! I have a local customer, who barely speaks English (he is hispanic), and ya'll know how I did, I don't actually know Spanish to speak it, but I can understand it. Anyway, we talk slow to each other and get everything handled fine. Meanwhile his CSR is real southern. He came to pick up his product, and in her big southern drawl she goes "GRASHIUS!" (loud and all). I felt akward, like.. remember how I told you it was racist to assume those mexicans spoke spanish at the gas station?! I felt like that. Do they get offended when some retarded southern lady screams spanish at them?