Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hi everyone! Got off work early today due to a 24 hour bug :lol: I have only had the 'bug" for a few hours so I have about 21 hours to go so it looks like I won't be able to go in tomorrow either. DARN...I sure hate that.:tongue: Thank goodness for sick time:w00t:

Terri-good job on the letter! Well said!

<cough cough> Dammit, Tracy!! You gave me your bug!!

Laura -- One question: Will your sister be at the baby shower? I'm not sure I could look her in the eye and keep a straight face. I guess if she's high enough it won't matter. :)

OK you KNOW I have to get in on the belly flab pics so off to the bathroom to drop trou I did....................

Notice the underwear are getting baggy in the butt! LOL

HAVE I NO SHAME????????????????

But see I don't have rashes... so dang ol insurance won't pay

where Is Jennifur???

Good question Terri...I thought for sure she would have posted over the weekend but she didn't. Maybe she doesn't love us anymore... :)

I sure miss her...

Edited by TracyK

Maybe job is just really good... or she found a hottie on site :)

That was my thought Laura----maybe it isn't us she DOESN'T love anymore, maybe it is someone new she DOES!! Hope so---I mean I hope it is good things keeping her hooked up!

Went to lunch with my friend---she is heartbroke, she just lost another good friend, and recently found out her DD is not just using meth--but shooting it. She is a total basket case, as I would be as well. I had no idea what to even say, so I mostly just listened, and let her know I cared about both of them.

Tried doing some mowing on the lawn---but it was still too hot out there.

Dinner is cooking, so I am going to go play some games while it finishes!!!

Kat

When she text me back the other day she said she has been super busy with work and that she still does not have a new laptop but that she DOES miss us!

Haydee-how are things? I love that you adopted a new dog. Do you have any pics to post?

Laura & Tracy-our stomach flab looks alike. Mine is just like that too. Always had it, always probably will :(

We had a story come out Sunday that a 7 year old boy and a 3 year old girl went missing from their apartments. Today they arrested the DAD. The dogs (bloodhounds) went straight from the apartment to the trunk of the dads car. They still do not know where the kids are. Poor babies. Right now they have him booked on domestic violence for a mishap yesterday he had with his wife. The wife told police that the man said something to her like "they are dead and the police need to just go on with it" ...plus he went off on a news crew today right before he got arrested. Sounds like he is a bastard from the word go. I really hope the babies are OK, but from what they are reporting it doesn't sound good. :( There are so many sad stories in the news. Some days I just can not bear to watch the news or read the newspaper.

Pammie-have you seen the advertisement for the new BB? WOOT!:lol: Its coming soon! The 11th I think?!

It is really pouring down rain outside. I am glad cause we were SO dry. All the plants & grass were dying around here.

Well macy is now officially registered for swimming lessons. They start July 7th and they only had ONE opening left. So, it was meant for her to go.

The lady in the HR dept at where my dh got interviewed (a few weeks ago) called him today but it only rang a couple of times so he called the lady back and she told him that she had needed some info on him but figured out what she needed to know. Now...I take that as a positive thing that she even called cause that means she is actually working on something about HIM! I am not trying to count my chickens before they hatch but it sure does sound positive. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Everyone PRAY. Frank really deserves this job. He is such a hard working dependable man. This would be huge for us and our retirement! I am so nervous :)

About my work thing...this Friday will more than likely be my last day. I did not wanna screw over the girl that works for me by leaving her too soon but today she said not to stay on her account. She is OK with it. It is actually a longer story than that but in a nutshell why should I make my departure easy on the company when they haven't really done anything for me...ever? They should have to send someone down to train her instead of me staying on to do it for them. So...siyonara...naner naner boo boo:tt2::glare: :lol:

OK, lightning is getting bad and if I lose this post I wll be PO'd....see ya'll in the morning!

Hey ya'll .... do you think I would even BENEFIT from a Tummy Tuck at this time? to me it looks like I need to deflate it a bit more...... but I see tummies like mine all over the PS threads (as before shots) and I wonder.... just how MUCH could they cut off.. how flat COULD it be????

Laura, since they just want a picture could you take a red magic marker and draw a few spots so it looks like it's infected??? Maybe Sis could help you out with that one. LOL.

One question I have about the TT. Does your incision from the lap-band become your belly button?? Since they pull all of that down. Does it move it more south??? I can't wait for mine, no more hysterectomy scar.

Tracy- I NEVER watch the news ....EVER. As a result I am very poorly informed. I'm just one of those people who cannot stand all the negativity in the news. I know there's good stuff that happens in the world...lots of it... but the media never reports that. As a result, I guess you could say that I protest the news...I think they're all a bunch of politically motivated, highly biased whores. I just don't trust anybody in the media. I don't trust anyone in government either. I abstain from elections for those reasons. I admit that I am ignorant, and I believe that there's nothing more dangerous than an ignorant voter. My DH is extremely well-educated in that department and I could just follow his lead....but he leans way too hard to the right.

Tracy--when I had my TT done--I could grab skin and stretch it probably 7 inches out! But under than skin was what felt like still a good 3 inches of fat---ends up it is enlarged fat cells holding Fluid due to an abnormal lymphatic drainage when you have all the excess belly weight. I can tell you that yes it can be removed. He removed a total of 12 pounds, between the part removed and the Lipo.< /strong>

Suzanne--no my port scar did not become my belly button. My port scar is still several inches above my belly button, and so is my port itself----it was not moved, as the surgeon felt it was so deeply set and secure it would be detrimental to move it, since where it was still does not interfere with my waist band nor my bra band---it still falls between the 2. Keep in mind I am 5'9" so I have lots of space. My surgeon began at one hip, cut down at an angle following the bend of my leg---not cutting in the bend, but following that angle. All the way down to the pubic bone. Then the incision is very low and goes all the way across to the other edge of the pubic bone, then angles back up to the other hip bone. When that incision was made, he went from the center straight up and "released" my belly button. Then he cut across to connect to the edge of the incision at the hip. Leaving 2 large kind of triangular pieces of skin and fat being removed. When it was all removed, then he went in, and re-attached the abdominal muscle on the left side, and tried to repair the damage done there so long ago. Then he went to the center of the same muscle, and did a lace type of stitch down the middle, so he could just snug it up tightly in the middle. It could not be made as tight as he likes due to the same muscle being stitched on the left side, he did not want to stress either set of stitches. So now the muscle part was done. Then he checked out my port and tubing, and began the lipo---he actually did very little lipo. I did not have any love handles left, or saddlebag type of weight to remove. He did not lipo my back at all. Then he took the top of the open incision, and pulled it down to meet the lower part---got it sculpted how he wanted, and decided where my belly button should be----then he made a small incision, and pulled my belly button through, and stitched it under the skin---I have a circular scar, right at the edge of the belly button---it healed without issue. I did lose my hysterectomy scar. The angled scars blend with the bodies contours already. The one low across the pubic bone would normally be just below the hairline.

I made a discovery---I might not have a true infection. He told me to use a triple antibiotic ointment or something like that on it, as well as using my antibiotics. I have been---faithfully 3 times a day as instructed. Well, I was almost out of the last tube I bought, so I looked in the medicine cabinet and found some Neosporin---and figured I would use it, then when I got to Walmart, I'd buy more of the other. Within 2 days the drainage has almost quit. I have lots of allergies to different antibiotics, so I am beginning to wonder if I might have had a reaction to the ointment I was using on it!!! Can you imagine if that was it??!!

I still swell a lot at night. But I am back to doing most everything, and feel great. Would do it again in a heartbeat!!

Doctoring up pics is really not going to do much good, I understand they want some documentation from several visits with problems. There are several ways to get a rash-----but the rash is not pleasant----and I never forced one----not something I would care to purposely do, but then again it would save some serious cash!!!

Kat

Tracy- I actually was going to say, your stomach now looks like what mine did 6 months ago. I use to go out, now it all lays flat--and hangs down. I think you need a little more deflating first, when it looks like rotten moldy bread, and you can contort it into puppets... then you're ready!! lol

Edit to add, like Kat (USE TO) I can pull that stomach out MANY inches and that's part of my contorting. I can twist it up and pull up rabbit ears, etc.. ho hum. Too bad I didn't get drunk enough to show you all that :)

Oh and Suzie, must be thinking of someone else, my insurance won't pay for TT even if I had a hole the size of my head rotting away in there. They MIGHT do my thighs, I won't know for a while when I actually look into it, but TT they said there's not a single thing I could tell them to get it covered.

Edited by FairyFacade

I am sooo busy today, after this post at almost 10pm...I still have to upload my papers and return 'em to students tonight. I have been up since 5...and we have been running all day!

I did get some cute clothes today. Just some summer pieces...nothing too great, but some really cute tops and shorts:biggrin:. Everything fit today...and I had to get some smaller sizes than I thought.

I do need some serious Purple Power! I got my IRB kicked back:frown:...already fixed it and sent it back off again. Send some purple power to the IRB Gods...I am seriously praying this gets approved.

On the subject of TT...my jazzercise lady lost 100 pounds w/ diet and exercise, and got a TT. Now...well, she had a thick (no other way to splain it...just think under the boobs) and then flat right above her choo cha...but her choo cha is way chubby. I don't know if I splained that right...but she has a chubby choo cha, then is flat, then is chubby (if I were working up). The reason I know is she wears those really tight work out pants. Anyway, that is my 2 cents (did I even add any thing relevant to the conversation).

OK...don't forget the purple power. I just pray that it is approved from this level, THEN it goes to the real Board I think on the 24th!

Haydee~ Hugs! It was great to talk to you yesterday!xoxoxoxo hang tough!