Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Day one of "nothing scheduled" -

Came home... Cooked myself some dinner. Pulled weeds out of the flower bed and watered the yard. I'm gonna get the dishes done and watch Oprah. I didn't call anyone to come over, I didn't invite myself over to anyones house and I didn't run away to the mall. I can do this...

Haydee, nothing wrong with keeping yourself busy! Read something inspirational and empowering! I wish my minister's empowerment group met closer to you...man, THAT was an awesome course and taught me so much. Oh yeah, and I took a relationships course at church too...it taught me a lot about 'red flags'. I've had some pretty big red flags in my marriage, too...but can't seem to do anything about them. But I do keep asserting my POV and I'll never shut up either! In the end it may do us in, but that flag was never there until after we said "I do." Ugh. Anyway, just know that I have faith that you'll find your way to whatever is right for you. I (we) just want you to have the happiness (and babies) that you deserve, that's all. I wish he would buy a clue as to what a special woman he has.

Just had to share before I went to bed. I SO HAPPY!!! Now, you can tell I don't have stuff appropriate for a china hutch lol. One whole row of my shot glasses (Alamo is in there!!) and top shelf, the lady gave me 3 vases from hers she said to start my collection, I put 2 of my roses I got at Gruene in them. Then wedding cake flowers, and a silver platter we got for our wedding and that's about it. Now I have a reason to buy Waterford :P:lol:

hutch2.jpg

hutch1.jpg

Laura the china cab. looks great!! It is sooo pretty!!

Haydee, hugs to you and what you are dealing with!!

Pamela -- I wish I knew the psychological term for what my sister does to f*** with me. Passive-aggressive maybe? For instance...on my birthday I called her to ask if she knew where something was that my mother needed. She barked back at me, "Well I'm packing up ALL her stuff right now!!" (She was moving my mom's things out of the nursing home so we didn't have to pay the daily charge.) So she's mad at me for not being there to help pack up what amounts to about 2 suitcases full. Well, #1 I didn't know she was going to do that. #2 We didn't do that before when she got admitted to the hospital, we just paid the charge. She just EXPECTS me to know these things by osmosis, then when I don't she gets mad and talks SHIT behind my back!

Example #2: Today I called her to go over some things about Mom (and the $ she owes me-tee hee). She then informs me that my 2 cousins and aunt from out of state were coming to visit my mom in the hospital this afternoo . Well this is a BIG surprise to me and surely she knew about it long before this point...knowing I'd want to see them! She says, "yeah, they'll be here about 2:30 and then we'll go over to the hospital but won't stay long." No invite to join them later, of course. Well, I'm back at work so I can't leave obviously to meet them. I go about my business, went to interview and tour another nursing home, grabbed a bite then went to the hospital about 7:00p. Mom says the cousins just left and they had waited for me as long as possible! NOBODY freaking called me to let me know they were there or that they were waiting for me!!!! So, again, I just look bad like I don't care enough to be there! She gives me bad information (or no information) then bitches about me to others!! Are you following me? She drives me INSANE with this shit and she does it to me all the damn time!!!

It's like me planning a baby shower for Laura, but I give you 2 hours notice to fly across the country to be there, then bitch about you to all the Violets about how thoughtless and insensitive you are for not showing.

WHAT THE F*** IS THAT???????? :P:cursing::lol::cursing::smile2::cursing::smile:

Edited by TerriDoodle

If I give you 2 hours notice, you better damn well be there. :P

In all seriousness, wish I could pass some of you guys a xanax. Hugs for you all though!!

Wow, Laura! That is a beautiful piece of furniture!!!

Laura, love the hutch! It looks beautiful in your home! I want a xani!

Terri~It is passive aggressive. Also, her communication skills suck...and she knows it. It is her power trip over you. Making you look bad...by default, makes her looks good. You keep on keepin on...spend time w/ your mom...and don't let her know she gets to you (that gives her power). When she is pissing you off (like today) say, "Oh well...maybe next time." That will really piss her off that she DIDN'T get to you! This time is really about your time w/ your mom. Keep reminding her of the $$ she owes you too...just smile while your doing it! You'll get the last laugh. xoxoxoox

Good morning violets!

Wow I had lots to read this morning. Terri-what a witch your sis is being. I agree with Pammie, you will get the last laugh!

I have a feeling something is going to happen at work. I may be pushing up my "last day" date to like maybe THIS Friday. Long story that I will go into later.

Have a great day everyone!!

CTCD!!!!! (look who's talking, right?) lol

Laura, Love the hutch and it looks great in your house. The line of shot glasses says it all. That's so you.

Terri, I agree with Pam. Right now it's all about your mom and your time with her. Just brush your sister off. You have time to deal with her later if you want.

Not much going on here. The weather has finally changed and it ahs been beautiful here. Still have the windows wide open. We have been spending a lot of time outside. Last night Hubby got the shopvac out for me and I vaccumed my car and than I pulled it out into the driveway and washed it. It was so nice out.

Thursday some friends and I are driving down to Carthage to go to the "Precious Moments Chapel". I'm sure there will be a lot of little statues coming back to the city. I haven't been there in over 12 years and they were still working on the place. So I'm anxious to see it now. It was a wonderland last time I saw it.

Have a great day and yes it is "CTCD".

Beautiful hutch Laura-----good find, and the woman you bought it from sounds like a really nice lady as well!!!

Terry, I think I would give my cousins or Aunt a call to "apologize" for missing them, and just innocently say, that ever since she has owed you so much money, she avoids you at all costs, and unfortunatley that included not letting you know they were coming. You only found out when you went by at your USUAL time to see your Mom.

It would #1----let everyone know she owes you money (this is a bonus!), #2---let them know you see your Mom on a schedule daily, #3--let them know you did not purposely stand them up, you were not told. #4---it would also allow you to get a new opinion on how they think your Mom is doing

I don't have a sibling that this can really go on with. My brother has brain damage issues from a head injury, so he is difficult, but not in a mean way on purpose. My SIL---same as your sister! She does anything and everything to make us look like crap to the other siblings!

The sister from Denver was coming to see her parents this month finally--she makes it once a year usually. She is disgusted by their house---it is not spic and span, and she was planning to be here the 10th, and said WE (meaning her, the local sister and my DIL and I) were going to do a thorough cleaning of the house. So then the local sister tells me the one in CO is putting it off til next month so I will be healed enough to help good. Pissed me off!!! I told her that was fine and I would put off getting HER parents any firewood for next winter until SHE was able to help! I bust my ass helping them, while she takes multiple vacations, and cruises, and does NOTHING for her parents! And she is trying to make her postponement my fault! Isn't it interesting she went to Phoenix during the time she was supposed to be here.....even if I couldn't clean she could have spent some time with her Mom and Dad....just visiting. But no, the entire time she is here, she is off running around.

Makes me crazy! I sympathize with you completely!

I need to find something to eat for Breakfast so I can take my antibiotic, I just do not feel like eating. The meds are tearing up my stomach----so going to try to get 3 doses in earlier today to see if it will settle before bed.

Talk to all of you in awhile!

Kat

Pregnancy, Estrogen, and Women

PREGNANCY Q &A &more!

Q: Should I have a baby after 35?

A: No, 35 children is enough.

Q : I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move?

A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.

Q : What is the most reliable method to determine a baby's sex?

A: Childbirth.

Q: My wife is five months pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's borderline irrational.

A: So what's your question?

Q: My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labor, but pressure. Is she right?

A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q: When is the best time to get an epidural?

A: Right after you find out you're pregnant.

Q: Is there any reason I have to be in the delivery room while my wife is in labor?

A: Not unless the word 'alimony' means anything to you.

Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?

A: Yes, pregnancy.

Q: Do I have to have a baby shower?

A: Not if you change the baby's diaper very quickly.

Q: Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel and act normal again?

A: When the kids are in college.

'ESTROGEN ISSUES'

10 WAYS TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE 'ESTROGEN ISSUES'

1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.

2. You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet.< /span>

3. The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.

4. Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.

5. You 're using your cellular phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says: 'How's my driving-call 1- 800-'.

6. Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.

7. Everyone seems to have just landed here from 'outer space.'

9. You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.

10. The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday.

TOP TEN THINGS ONLY WOMEN UNDERSTAND

10. Cats' facial expressions.

9. The need for the same style of shoes in different colors.

8. Why bean sprouts aren't just weeds.

7. Fat clothes.

6. Taking a car trip without trying to beat your best time.

5. The difference between beige, ecru, cream, off-white, and eggshell.

4. Cutting your hair to make it grow.

3. Eyelash curlers.

2. The inaccuracy of every bathroom scale ever made.

AND, the Number One thing only women understand:

1. OTHER WOMEN

Send this to five bright, funny women you know and make their day .

WE ALL NEED A SMILE!

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Suzie... That's a hoot! Lucky you, you know MORE THAN 5 "bright, funny women"!! Also, THANK YOU for the note... how lovely it was to find an actual handwritten, heartfelt note in the mail (rather than just junk & bills)!! It made my day!!

((TERRY))

Laura... your hutch is beautiful! I like the way the wood grain on the doors kinda/sorta looks like hearts...

((HAYDEE)) ... call me on one of your "nothing planned to do" nights!!!

TracyK... that'll mean more time w/Macy!

Hi Pa MEL a... so glad you & S are together!!! I know you're enjoying it!!! & yes, you in that hat is my 2nd fav pic from Gruene!!

Pics, Kat!! (nudge, nudge)

Hi Janie!!

Today is dd's "End of the School Year Pool Party" w/ 15 of her nearest & dearest 9yo girlfriends (so you can see why we're having the party at the POOL and NOT my HOUSE!)... she & her "bff" are hosting it this afternoon/eve (that's why the cookie baking yesterday...)... It should be fun... Today is supposed to be a gorgeous day... sometimes SAHM has its perks... such as "I have to hang out at the pool all day"!

Make it a great one, Vi's!

Susie~ that was great! Already sent it around the school district!

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER! I was up at 5am and out of the shower @ 5:20! We have to be somewhere @ 8, and it is 30 min away. We are gooing to a VA seminar for Susanne. Then some errands, an appt this afternoon, then...FIX MY IRB! Yes, I need to fix a thing about informed consent. Not sure yet, I read the email but couldn't deal w/ that now...so I will later. See, this shit NEVER ENDS! Then I want to workout later. It is 115 today, it is hard to motivate yourself in that.

Have a great day!