Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

1st day back at work from my vacation and things are hoppin' around here...so no time to post personals....except for Jane. (((HUggs, honey)) It sounds to me like you have a bout of good ol' fashioned depression!! Have you ever been evaluated for this? It happens to the best of us!! I've gone off my meds and boy, I can tell!! :) i'm gonna try and tough it out for awhile though.

I'm thinking I need to get back to the gym!! But now Mom is in the hospital = no time.

i hate my sister. There, I said it.

Pammy = Congrats, sweetie -- lots going your way now!! Ride the wave!!!

Love you all.......

Aw Terry, they say God gives you siblings because they know if you weren't related you'd never know them at all. I know thats for sure true in my life!!!

Jane, hope you feel better, go pamper yourself girl!!

Pam, so glad Susanne is home!! It's been a long time, I don't know how you do it! And last day of school, woowoo. I have 4 weeks left till I get the Liberal Arts Degree, and then I think I'm going to be done for a while. I wanted to eventually get a doctors (or masters at the very least) in sociology, but damn I'm too lazy.. I was watching news on the gay marriages in CA, how it may get overturned. I asked DH what happens if you got married & then it's overturned, he said they become null.. is that true? I can't believe they'd be able to do that. If someone told me tomorrow my marriage is now null, I'd go ballistic!

I took my last b/c pill 2 days ago.. :biggrin2:

Mom told me something funny she saw on some movie (i don't know which one), the beginning was talking about the year 2050.. and it was NOT smart people & robots, etc. It showed a couple in 2005, rednecks who just got a high school education.. and a couple, who are working professional jobs and higher education etc. The rednecks go 'damn, we're pregnant' at 18.. the professional couple goes "We should wait till we get our masters degree before having kids". Couple years later, rednecks go "Damn, pregnant with twins this time!" and the professional couple says "We should wait till we get more money". Couple years later, redneck couple pregnant with MORE twins, and the professional couple is now ready for kids, but having fertility issues and are up in the years, etc.

So by 2050, we'll be populated by the uneducated redneck type, NOT the smart folks!! Thought that was funny.

Laura~ the jury is still out on that. I don't know if that would be the case, since now (between now and Nov) they were LEGALLY married. I know my dear friends, Jackie and Melissa are having their big family ceremony Mar 2009. But, they asked me to marry them (ya'll know I am an ordained minister, right? I need to get my license, but yes it is true.QUIT LAUGHING JUDY). Anyway, I'll marry them in a small ceremony in Oct...just in case it goes bad in Nov.

I can still hear you laughing Judy!

Well heck. Here I was thinking I was doing something risque sleeping with a lesbian, but now if I say I slept with a minister, people won't bat an eye.

Nope, they'll just think ministers are your "thing" Judy!!!!

If Rick and I ever decide to do a wedding---a la Tracy---since we did the legal thing years ago---we will have to let Pamela marry us, and we can have lots of Violets!!! LOL

Overheard the youngest DD, the one who is pregnant, asking the DIL at lunch if she took the test.....I might be looking like Denise here soon, 2 grandbabies in the next year. And I know for a fact Manda does nothing for birth control, she had to use fertility drugs to have Kinsey.....so who knows what we might get in the next year!!!

Jane, you have been given excellent advice! Treat yourself like you would one of us, who was struggling! And I can't scroll back far enough, but someone mentioned the medical testing, and that is enough to depress anyone! In fact during the treatment for Ricks heart valve issue, my Dad's bypass surgery (both times---27 years ago, and 4 years ago), and when they found Manda's problem, they ALL dealt with some serious blue days. I saw my Dad cry! That scared me! Rick would just block out everything except he was old and gonna die with heart problems! He was (don't tell) almost comically depressed! When you combine that with the self directed anger over not eating right----it is understandable that you feel down. Know we love you and are right there with you----and if you think Tracy can pull you from a river, just wait and see how we pull you from depression!!!!

Terry---glad you enjoyed your beads!! It was great fun!

TracyK---off to goodwill they go then! I know a couple of people I might ask here, that also wear the longer tops.

Pamela.....are you mourning the loss of Manuel yet? Pooooor you!

Today....I think we will hang out, maybe walk to the park. If my friend calls I am taking her to lunch. She has met with some devastating news lately----so want to spend extra time if we can work it out.

OOOooooh Laura is gonna be digging out the swing!!! No more pills!!! Before long poor Russel is gonna be pokin' fun, and Laura will up and take him serious!!!

Haydee.....slow down---we miss you!

Jenn----I am gonna send the flying monkeys to hunt you down!

Michelle--glad Evan seems to be ok!

Denise, how is the baby? When is the next one due???

Well.....I have to take my scale over so the neighbor can weigh herself. She refuses for some reason to buy one.....and always wants to use mine when her visiting nurse comes. Don't get it, but whatever!!

Talk to y'all later!

Kat

Hi girls! I had such a good weekend, hope everyones was too. We went up to Austin for a girls weekend and it was so much fun. Exactly what I needed. What we didn't know was that it was also a ROT weekend. I didn't know what that meant but they said it was "Republic of Texas" bike rally? Bikers everywhere! They close 6th street in downtown Austin and they had hundreds of bikes parked all up and down the street. All these badass girls on their badass Harley's. Reminded me of our biker Violets. I kept thinking, "I wish the violets were here with me", we would of had a blast. I still had so much fun but I know it would have been funner with ya'll there. How was everyone else's weekend?

Kat - I've been trying to keep myself ubber busy and that's why I haven't been on here much.

I hadn't told ya'll but a few weeks ago I asked Juan to move out of our house. I need some time to think about what I want and to figure out why I keep loving this fool even though he won't committ. But instead of doing that I find that I've been scheduling every minute of my day with busy stuff to do so that I don't have to think about things. And of course he's ready to come back and it's been two weeks and I've come up with nothing. Other than I really miss him and I really love him and am I being greedy for wanting EVERYTHING? He's a good man who adores me but who has serious committment issues. Which, if you knew his family history, who would blame him? So...here I am. Stuck with what to do. Not really looking for answers here girls, just trying to vent... I know what the "correct" thing to do is but for whatever reason I don't feel like that pertains to this situation... Am I making sense??

Anyways...

Laura - Me likey your china cabinet. I've been patiently waiting for a formal dining room set to get listed on craigslist. So far I've had very good success with craigslist. I picture in my head what it is I want and I just wait and eventually someone lists it. My whole freaking house is furnished with stuff from craigslist. When we bought our first apartment we bought new furniture. Then we sold all of it because when we bought our 1st house I wanted new stuff. So we bought all new stuff. Well, when we bought our 2nd house the stuff from the first one didn't really "go". But instead of buying all new stuff I got smart and just started looking on craigslist. I'm almost done furnishing my house. I just need a formal dining set. And I have the patience to wait for a used one!

TracyK - WOW, July 3rd is right around the corner. I'm so excited for you!!! I'm so glad that you're able to do this.

Terry - I'm glad you had a blast on your birthday! Sorry things aren't so hot with hubby right now. That sucks for that to come on your birthday...

Pamela - i'm crossing fingers and toes and saying all my hail Mary's for you to do good on what you just turned in. You've worked so hard!!

Okay girls, now I gotta get back to work... check in later with ya'll...

Glad you checked in Haydee! I won't say anything more about Juan...

It's good to keep busy though.. and yeah, I love Craigslist (for buying & selling). I've gotten rid of furniture I don't know what to do with there, and I'm always on the look out for a good bargain.. right now we need 2 nice solid wood computer desks. I've seen some, but they were too bulky.. so I'm the same way, I check occasionally.. and that's how I ended up with the entertainment center & china hutch. I am so excited, I talked to the lady today and she said "When I first bought that china hutch, I was so excited and on cloud 9". I was like "ME TOO! I was dancing around the house yesterday" lol. Really nice couple. I plan to sell a queen set on there eventually, we have the bed in the guestroom, and the dresser/nightstand in our room. I don't like it, and have wanted to sell it & buy new stuff, but waiting till the 'new stuff' is available on craigslist that I like.

Just had chicken salad-salad from Firehouse, man it is SO good. My sister's new girlfriend is moving into the house with her Saturday.. and they're engaged. They met like not even a month ago. I don't get it!!

But her ex came to pick up her stuff, so we went over to supervise (sister said she was threatening her). So her stuff is in bags in the driveway, we're sitting on the tailgate of sister's truck.. she peels into the driveway, passes her stuff, and is bee-lining it to my sister with a purpose. I was gettin ready to get my camera phone goin.. YOUTUBE! My mom diffused the situation she jumps up and goes "Hey! Want me to help you with your stuff?" and she pauses and storms back to the car with some of her crap.. then she peeled out of the drive way. Such animosity!!

OH Haydee.. I didn't know! (OMGoodness) our trip must of really gave you food for thought............. I know you'll do what is best for you..... but remember you ARE WORTH A COMMITMENT! (nuff said.. I just wish I could give you a big ol hug)

...................................................................................................

post-213702-13813137193558_thumb.jpg

Want a roommate, Haydee?

So her stuff is in bags in the driveway, we're sitting on the tailgate of sister's truck.. she peels into the driveway, passes her stuff, and is bee-lining it to my sister with a purpose. I was gettin ready to get my camera phone goin.. YOUTUBE! My mom diffused the situation she jumps up and goes "Hey! Want me to help you with your stuff?" and she pauses and storms back to the car with some of her crap.. then she peeled out of the drive way. Such animosity!!

LOL!! Obviously she was quite upset at her tremendous loss, Laura. Sorry we didn't get video. That would have made my day.