Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Terri-SO, how does it feel being one day closer to half a century old? :lol:LOL (said with much love & respect:tongue2::biggrin:) I can't say much cause I am not THAT far behind ya! Wow, seeing you describer what you are doing on your vacation is right up my alley!

Haydee-hook me up with some astros tkts! I wish it could be for one of the yankees games they are playing this weekend, but that is a pipedream! lol That game has been sold out for like...ever. How are you today? When did you say your dad go for his TT? I'll bet he is nervous!

I just finished my lean cuisine lunch. It was really good. I HAVE to be good eating at work cause I threw out all the junk. Now I am starting to have the nervous "i don't have any junk around me" jitters...

:teeth_smile:

Yes, Pam, you're one of the many voices in my head... actually, I like that I can put names w/them! :teeth_smile:

You are in control, TracyK! Say it! Mean it! You don't need the junk!!!

Off to knit...

This is how I feel, maybe Terri & Haydee feel the same way....

too cute not to share this. It is long but worth it!

Dear Diary:

June 10th:

Just moved to Texas ! Now this is a state that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! It is beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th:

Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshipper.

June 30th:

Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing the lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th:

The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least, it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th:

Fell asleep by the community pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body). Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th:

I missed Lomita (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car at noon, Lomita had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag, then popped like a Water balloon. The car now smells like Kibbles and $hits. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat. Good ol' Mr. Sun strikes again.

July 25th:

The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th:

Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now. $225,000 house and I can't even go inside. Lomita is the lucky one. Why did I ever come here?

Aug. 4th:

It's 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 85. I hate this stupid state.

Aug. 8th:

If another wise a$$ cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to strangle him... D@mn heat. By the time I get to work, the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!

Aug. 9th:

Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when I sat on the seats in the car, I thought my a$$ was on fire. My skin melted to the seat. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and a$$ . . . Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried a$$, and baked cat.

Aug 10th:

The weather report might as well be a d@mn recording. Hot and sunny...Hot and sunny...Hot and sunny...It's been too hot to do $hit for 2 d@mn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this d@mn state? Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus can't live in this d@mn heat.

Aug.14th:

Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 115 today. Cactus are dead. Forgot to crack the window and blew the d@mn windshield out of the car. The installer came to fix it and guess what he asked me??? 'Hot enough for you today?' My sister had to spend $1,500 to bail me out of jail. Freaking Texas ...What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here?? Will write later to let you know how the trial goes...

I went home sick today......... dont' know what is going on.. just feel BLAH .. went to lunch and it didn't get anybetter so I went home and tried to sleep for about an hour............ felt a bit better and decided to start the JEAN try on ritual (all the various styles of size 10 levis) that I keep buying and then they don't fit.... 315, 515, 527, WELL GUESS WHAT all but 1 of them I could actually get on, button and zip!

I'm sitting here right now in the pair of 515 Noveua Boot Cut's....... that makes my day, but I still feel BLAH.......

Maybe my body is going through a loss right now and my hormones are wonky.. I kind of have a sinus headache, and I kind of feel nautious, and I'm somewhat weak......... weird. (AF is here too but winding down) oh well.........

Lol Tracy that is a funny story.

It's been about 100 here lately, but the A/C in my house is a beauty. Has stayed 68 degrees with no waivering!! First time ever, when I lived in New Mexico it sounded much like your story. Hot as hell, and our a/c never worked.. it would get to 80's if we were lucky inside, and when we had people look at it, they gave us some story about swamp coolers (which is what you guys use out west?!) and how they can only cool places off by 20 degrees. SCREW THAT!! Central Air for the win.

I went home sick today......... dont' know what is going on.. just feel BLAH .. went to lunch and it didn't get anybetter so I went home and tried to sleep for about an hour............ felt a bit better and decided to start the JEAN try on ritual (all the various styles of size 10 levis) that I keep buying and then they don't fit.... 315, 515, 527, WELL GUESS WHAT all but 1 of them I could actually get on, button and zip!

I'm sitting here right now in the pair of 515 Noveua Boot Cut's....... that makes my day, but I still feel BLAH.......

Maybe my body is going through a loss right now and my hormones are wonky.. I kind of have a sinus headache, and I kind of feel nautious, and I'm somewhat weak......... weird. (AF is here too but winding down) oh well.........

Tracy-sorry you feel crappy but congrats on the NSV...that is way cool!

Lol Tracy that is a funny story.

It's been about 100 here lately, but the A/C in my house is a beauty. Has stayed 68 degrees with no waivering!! First time ever, when I lived in New Mexico it sounded much like your story. Hot as hell, and our a/c never worked.. it would get to 80's if we were lucky inside, and when we had people look at it, they gave us some story about swamp coolers (which is what you guys use out west?!) and how they can only cool places off by 20 degrees. SCREW THAT!! Central Air for the win.

When I got that e-mail I LMAO cause I can relate. I just wanna smack people that say, "hot enough for ya". UH, :biggrin: yeah...

Tracy~ I LOL'd on that one. That was actually going around here too, only Palm Springs was inserted instead of TX. It is 106 here today...dry not too bad. Gonna hit 110 this weekend! Yippee-freakin-kiyeah!!!

Tracy~ Ice cream cures the blues!:biggrin: But then again, I didn't try on any size 10's lately...so don't listen to me!

JUst got out of a dance w/ 400 screaming 6th graders. I did bust a move, but man...I am bushed!

1/5 days to go!!!!

girls - HI! so busy over here... I'll try to get on tonight from home...

kisses...

I'm home, and beat! My Mom shopped her heart out!!! We bought several outfits, and tops, and a couple of pants, and a pair of sandals, and a pair of tenny shoes....and some sunglasses, and a nightgown, oh and some make up-------we hit every place in the mall. Kinsey was not on her best behaviour....she wasn't "bad" she was just curious, and wanted to touch everything, and go look at this and that, and had to go potty 10,000 times.....I am tired!!!

So tonight we are supposed to go riding with my son....so far he is the only one still not speaking to me. But right now he is madder at his wife than me.....and after tonight, I will be #1 on his list again!!! They are fighting because he says she got scammed on a car they bought on ebay-----key word being they but somehow now that it is a problem, it is all her fault, because they only had to buy a car because she wrecked the other one. So I am gonna butt in tonight!!! I feel like causing havoc!!! LOL

I love him dearly, but there is not a doubt in my mind, my son can be a true male chauvenist, and a total ass.....but he is my chauvenistic ass son.....so, I can say it!!!

TracyKS.....until your last sentence, about Aunt Flo, I kept thinking OMG she is pregnant!!! I know Robby was a miracle child, but major weight loss, can sometimes reverse infertility!! So when I read that, there went that idea----hope you feel better soon!!!!

OMG you guys should see the teeny tiny size 0 sandals I bought for the baby across the street, they are the cutest little shoes I have ever seen!

Yeah NM is hot----but I am cold.....it has been 90+ for days, and I have used the AC in the car, but not at the house, I am always cold, and this place is so well insulated it has never even reached 75 in here, so I stay cold!! We use a swamp cooler, but it can get it cold enough in here to grow icicles off of places icicles don't belong!!! It is not unusual for us to hit 100 and stay there for days on end---but we have not gone above 95 yet this year.

The comment on there about the wind feeling like a hair dryer is sooooo true!!! Here, even if it is hot, and the wind blows, the wind is cooler-----not in Comanche---it blows hot air, took me forever to get used to that!!!

So are we all going to call Terry at midnight to remind her she is getting older??? LOL Just kidding Terry, we wouldn't do that----would we?

Hoping to get Manda over here this weekend to do my pics, and pull that one from Terry's group for me! Will really try to get it done, and have her take a picture of me....such fun!

Well I gotta go get geared up.....long pants, boots....hair up....not thinking it sounds like much fun now, but once we get going it will be wonderful.

I forgot to tell you my Dr. told me to give it another 7-10 days before getting in the saddle again, he was worried about mounting....I have a horse I can pop on from a fence, so I might push his time line up just a little, not a lot but I wanna go!!!

I had a friend pass away in TX while I was there, and I didn't know it! This was a woman who taught Kindergarten when Manda was in K--but another class, and we got to be friends, and through the years we kept in touch, her DD and Manda are friends. She was diagnosed with ALS several years ago. She moved to Arizona to be near a huge clinic, and had a great life there. Lots of activities through this clinic/center. Then about 4 years ago her DH was transferred and they went to Big Springs TX. She had hell, no Dr.'s up on current protocol etc. She was progressing pretty rapidly then, and was down to using a letter board to communicate from a wheelchair. So one of her DD's relocated to be near her, and then not long after the DD and her husband got there, got jobs, bought a home etc. My friends DH was coming home one night and was hit on his motorcycle and killed. So she was there, with her kids having relocated etc. alone. She was put onto oxygen 3 days before she died, the muscles to breath were finally taken away, along with her ability to swallow. It is such a horrid disease. I am glad her journey with it is over....I feel so bad for her DD's. Her other DD and her partner, are trying to convince the other sister to move one more time, since they are now all each other has....they want to be together. If you would remember Darrel's daughters in your prayers, I would appreciate it.

Better go get changed......time to ride!

Kat

Another storm is on it's way. We can already see the lightning and hear the thunder. We've been under a tornado watch for several hours now. Hope we don't lose our power again like we did last time.

Other than that not much going on. Had a wonderful CTCD. Just finished some cottage cheese and pineapple for dinner.< /span>

If I'm up, I will be on Terri's calling list. Midnight it is. :rolleyes2:

Good evening, Violets. I'm writing this quickly cause our power has gone off twice now since I got back from Kris's house and we are supposed to get a bad storm tonight. I'm bringing Jetta in for the night so I won't wake up to a big hole in the door. I'm going out to the hot tub now. since the power went out, the tub heater is off and it takes a genius to get it going again. The Bobster is going to try and talk me through it tomorrow.

I had a nice dinner with Kris. Ordered a cup of chicken vegetable Soup and had that and 1/3 of a Maurice salad. The waitress wanted to know if the salad was ok since I didn't eat much. Told her it was fine.. I just couldn't eat much. There was a family there from our church who left after the new pastor came. They have not seen me in about a year. I said hello to them from across two tables and she said.. OMGosh.. I thought you looked familiar, but you looked so thin. THIN!!! She actually said that word and referred to me!!! Woooooooooo hoooooooooooooo NVS's rock.

I have to be up one more day at 5:30 before Ethan arrives so I'm headed to bed again. No calling Terry for me since she's an hour behind me, but I do wish her a very Happy Birthday. and just a reminder.. I'm STILL the old lady of the bunch of Violets.

HUGS!!

I too have to be up at 5.......when Kinsey gets here, she goes back to sleep, but I seldom do----if I do, then I am not ready to go to bed when Rick is which is in about 5 minutes!!!

We had a nice ride, and son was on good behaviour, he has decided I might not be an evil step monster after all, at least he hugged me hello, and told me he loved me when he left, so he is being normal, just VERY stressed over the car deal.....sure hope it all works out for them. If the wind had stayed down it would have been better.....but it was still nice.

Come home and had some dinner, and a slice of watermelon, which is sitting heavy in my stomach, not feeling like it wants to go anywhere, anytime soon.

Not much on the agenda for tomorrow....at least not yet!

Terry, I too will wish you an early birthday, as I will be snoozing soundly when midnight rolls around, at least I hope to be!!!

TracyKS---you feeling any better?

Will see y'all in the morning, on Friday the 13th.......leave it to Terry to have a memorable day for her 50th!!!

Nighty night girls!

Kat