Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning girls-----let me say one thing........I LOVE my bed!!!!!! The bed in our room in Texas is an antique....and a double! We are used to a cushy pillow top King size!!! We seldom use an entire section of the bed----but it is there!!! LOL

I am hovering at the same 177---I come home at 179, and it dropped with the swelling going down, but looks like I am sitting tight where I am. I know I have been eating more than usual, and while gone, had very little options, since we didn't really "open" the house since we were there for such a short time. We did not turn appliances on, we just ate out. Since I was doing the antibiotic thing, that meant 3 full meals a day, out. So now I am home, and off the meds for a few days anyway (have a feeling I will be put back on them)---I can be a bit pickier and do my best to eat better.

My hunger has not returned with my fill being gone, but I can definitely eat more if I allow myself. I just need to keep a tight control, and remember what I need to do.

I have my Kinsey back, and we are both happy!!! Boy how I missed that girl~and she says she missed being with Granny too!

We too have shopping to do today! My Moms birthday is th 12th, Father's Day is next Sunday, and Becky's birthday is the 19th. Plus the new baby across the street needs a Welcome to the World present. So......Kinsey and I have some serious shopping ahead of us today! The wind is supposed to kick in tomorrow--it seems like we have had way more wind than usual, and I am sick to death of it!

Suzanne you are much more patient than I would be!!! I would be going nuts wanting my pool done!!!! Good for you that you can look at it as rationally as you are, my way would get you nothing but ulcers!!!

Terry---so glad you enjoyed your trip with your friends!! I am ready to get our summer started and take some fun trips. But yesterday showed me, I am not ready for a long bike ride yet-------but give me a couple of weeks and I bet I am ready!! If the drainage would stop I would be good to go!

You said you were going to be gone the weekend again---going away for your birthday? What kind of exciting things do you have planned????

TracyKS---since they didn't put a cast on Robby---what did they say?

One of the guys Rick works with, we had gone to dinner with just before we went to Texas, he is leaving today with his family, heading to San Antonio for vacation. They were all talking about how fun the river sounded, and the River Walk etc. Then when they heard there was Fiesta Texas, and a Sea World---they decided that sounded like a good family vacation! They have 3 boys, 12, 14 & 15. I don't think they understood the biggest draw was not the places, but the people I was with!!!

Pamela, I was talking to my friends DD last night, and she is babysitting this summer for twin 4 year old girls, and they are extremely spoiled. The girls are named Missy and Maddy. Their parents refer to them as the M & M's. So my friends DD says she get great pleasure now out of brutally CRUNCHING M&M's. Made me think of your Manuel & Montezuma or whoever the other M kid was!!!! Have a mini bag sometime and crunch the heck out of them!!!

My niece in Texas has 3 week old twin girls--so tiny and cute---of course at this point all they do is sleep pretty much. Glad she gets to deal with them!!! Wondering if Abbey is gonna get a single----she too is in line for twins, in her Mom's side, they have had twins every other generation for as far back as they have researched, into the 1700's!!! Her Mom is a twin, and she had the one DD and her twin sister has 2 DD's----so I imagine one of them at some point will. The twins in that family are so frequent, she actually has 2 cousins on her Moms side, that each have 2 sets of twins!!!

My MIL was so hateful about the babies names it embarassed the heck out of me! I know you can be 80, and not be like that! She uses the excuse of being old to say whatever she wants!

The babies have rather long different names....but they are her kids and it isn't like they are horrid! They are D'Layni Rae, and L'Daysa Jae---they call them Layni and Daysa, and she made horrid comments about it! Aaargghh!!!

Well I need to get some things answered, transfer some money and get ready to go shopping!!!!

Will be back later girlies, I am so glad to be home!

Kat

Good Morning, violets..

Ethan is here so no time to chat, but I thought I'd show you a couple of pictures from yesterday. One is before church so you can see a little of the inside and the other is my choir! Im so proud of them, they did such a nice job yesterday. Will check back later if Ethan takes a nap!!

Susie we have had more rain then ever in history so far this year, can I assume KC is the same?

That guy that emailed me from the personals does the recombint bike!! That is scary!! I sent him the link to match.com so he could see that I don't!! I know it is not about looks, but it still makes me nervous!!

Michelle I am with you but higher in weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCARY!!!!!!

Judy great pics!!! The church looks so cute!!

Laura are you rich??????

Glad Kat and Terry had a good time!!!

My nephew is coming over in a little bit and helping me do somethings around house. He needs money and I need the help. I need to clean real quick (wasn't I suppose to do that yesterday?!?).

Have a great day and will check in later!!

Jane

OOOOKkkk.. finally time to post.

My mom never been to NYC, and always had bad ideas about it. I think due to her negative nancy-ness, she BROUGHT bad luck with us.

Day 1, we got to the hotel and the guy working is talking.. literally 45 minutes. Me & mom are watching luggage so we keep going up and trying to rush them along. Meanwhile tons of people are checking in & going on their way.. including this geisha group. Well the guy finally gives us our key, we go up, room service said someone just went in there. Low and behold, between the guy's talking and not swiping our room key, the room was given to this geisha group. We go back down, no rooms will be ready till that evening. So.. we checked our luggage in.. you couldn't use the bathrooms in the lobby without a room key, so we go to Battery Park (to Statue of Liberty).. there's a bathroom! Long line, we look in.. 8 stalls, only 1 works.. and that 1 is filled with someone being sick with diarhea. We weren't moving anytime soon. So we walk to a local restaurant, that is extremely crowded, they don't have a bathroom either. We ate some luke-warm food, and decided it was 50-50 if we would get sick from it. Saw the statue, road around on the Ferry.. fun. It's been a nightmare getting a cab this trip, I don't know what's different from other times that I come!! We got one to get back to the hotel, and at some point he goes "It's 4 blocks ahead, I drop you off here". Uh???? So we get out, it was NOT 4 blocks ahead. It was 7 blocks up, 2 blocks over. I kept calling 4-11 to get info, we were so lost. What an ass, I can't believe he did that.

Then we get back to the hotel that night, and get checked in.. it's a teeny tiny room with a big window right over the bathtub! We were worn out, did room service & a movie.. then got energy back, so walked down to Timesquare/Broadway at night.. that was neat.. got approached by 2 weirdo people.. 1 was rapping right in my uncle's face, and the other was trying to get my dad's Rolex watch. We kept checking our wallets!

Day 2.. got up bright eyed & bushy tailed. A balmy 90 degrees with 70% humidity. Got to the races around 10am, to watch all day. I think that was a big mistake.. but didn't know it at the time. The news never told people this.. but on top of the heat, EVERY SINGLE BATHROOM IN THE PLACE broke by 11am. The first floor stopped up, then 2nd, then 3rd, and there were no more bathrooms. They let people use the top floor bathroom till it was filled up with waste, before they closed it down. 100k people, hot as hell, and no bathrooms!!!!

Drenched in sweat from head to toe, places I didn't know I sweat.. Bet on races, won some bets, no breeze to be found.. and hard vomit was on my armrest, didn't think much of it originally, but from all the sweating, I ended up with chunks of vomit all over my arm!! So by time 6pm comes around for Big Brown race, I am so happy to finally see what we came there to see! We had our cameras going, binoculaurs.. I didn't even realize he fell out, it was so far away, I saw #6 (the winner) cut way ahead early on, so I thought well maybe that's Big Brown. Then all of a sudden people are cussing and throwing stuff, I look up from the binoculaurs and he's way down there stopped.. He never did cross the finish line!!!!!

The funny part about betting on the winner, me & dad both picked 2 underdogs to bet on, just for fun. There were 5 big pay underdogs I took 2, he took 2.. and the last one.. WON! DOH!! So no, I didn't make a lot of money, and overall the trip was a nightmare.. but I did like the break! And I like NYC.. even though mom's negativity jinxed our entire trip!

And so it's not even more wordy, last night when I got in, my parents went straight to Bahamas and me & uncle flew home. Where they are in Bahamas, they can call out, but we can't call them. So we get home from the airport, I am SO TIRED.. I just want to sleep, I lay down, an hour into my nap my sister calls.. She's in the hospital - IN NASHVILLE. She decided with rising gas costs and (this was more of the negative crap, night before she called sayin she had a 103 fever and blah blah) her being sick, she should go to Nashville to see her gf.. then started coughing up blood. With my parents gone, I become her new mom. So I'm like wth you doing in Nashville, etc. I told her to call me when she finds anything out, then she calls mom & leaves them a voicemail. So I called them too and said, don't listen to your voicemails!! Then mom calls me, and after NYC she was so happy to get to Bahamas where she can relax. Not so much. She is like "She won't answer the phone, when you talk to her tell her to GET HER ASS HOME, and go to class on Tuesday!!". (I just want to sleep!!!!) So I text sister, she never answers, so I get online this morning, sister is talking about how she's going to Dollywood for a vacation with her g/f today (on her Myspace). So I call her, she is slurring, I'm not sure what she was explaining, but whatever. I just need her to leave my parents alone and let them enjoy their trip.

That whole thing sounds like a nightmare trip to me, too, Laura!!! UGH!!! I'm sorry :tongue2: Here's a safe bet: $100 that your mom never, never, never goes back to NYC.

I think you should all just change the locks and your phone numbers, Laura.... that's the only way ya'll will ever get any real rest.

That whole thing sounds like a nightmare trip to me, too, Laura!!! UGH!!! I'm sorry :tongue2: Here's a safe bet: $100 that your mom never, never, never goes back to NYC.

Yup, she kept saying "This is everything I ever imagined it was, this is NOT for me", she said we'd go for a Triple Crown hopeful again, but she does not want to be in the city again.

Hey ladies~

Laura...your trip sounds terrible. The vomit would do me in...seriously. Your sister like the attention she gets when she is sick, huh? We are glad you are back!

I went to NYC with an xbf that spent many years there...so I had a home-guided tour and we rode the subways. It worked out great but I'd NEVER try that on my own! The subway stations were like a maze of tracks, escalators and platforms. I feel lucky that I got to see the World Trade Center before it was destroyed. My favorite part was the Diamond District:tt1::tongue2::tt1:

Edited by TerriDoodle

Laura-once you got to "window over the bathtub" I knew it was only going to go downhill....

sorry your trip was a bummer :tongue2:

She had me at "geisha group".

:tongue2:

I don't know what they actually were, I just am guessing. Was 10 gorgeous asian women, with the traditional make up, all had the hair exactly the same with ornamentation, all had the exact same kimono dress thing on. They were following 2 asian men in suits. We called them the geisha group, but I can't say that's what they really were!

It was a nightmare, but I am glad I went. I just wish I could have made things go differently.. the vomit was bad, but I was so hot and miserable, the vomit was just icing on the cake, I didn't freak out much I was just irritated.

I went to NYC to be a hair model for Sebastian (Terri's hairspray) in 1988...many many moons and pounds ago. We had a blast!!! We stayed in friends tiny apartment in the west village. We went to the best clubs, all the sights, got robbed (they broke in 5 flights up on fire escape), and one morning I woke up in New Jersy (a long story for a margie on the porch time). It was a blast. But I really couldn't wait to go home. We were there 10 days. NYC is great, but if you are not from there...it feels like you are on another planet!

Kat~ I was just arguing w/ M & M and started to laugh about what you said. Thanks for that!