Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Just checking in before I head off to work. It's hot and humid here today, but comfortable. Still haven't turned our AC on.

Hope everyone is having a geat day and I agree with Laura. We need our CTCD back.

Tracy: Uhhh ummmmm..why don't you tell your boss what you really think of him and get fired so you can collect the unemployment??????

Not that I would EVER do such a thing.............. :lol:

Ditto to what Terry said.. ( I also suck at Thank You's) I loved loved loved the letters...

Tracy if you can swing it AND Frank is behind you then girl you go for it!!!!!!! I will never be in that position.....so i can live vicariously through you......... :lol:

We did get Cody going with the straight up prepaid on T-Mobile..... we bought him $25.00 worth of minutes... 140.. we shall see how long they last.

Hi Girls!!! Sorry I haven't been by! I had a wonderful weekend and then so busy here at work yesterday. The rest of the week is bad too. I'm really so sick of this and you guys know i've been complaining about my job for months now. I told my mom's friend I am seriosly interested in the position that she is offering me and she's going to see if she can meet my list of "demands", he he he. The salary was good but I wanted to be able to come in really early and leave early so that miss traffic, I also want some sort of transportation allowance. Either gas reinbursement or Park and Ride tickets. Also thanks to the HR violet I made sure to ask for vacation and sick days upfront. We'll see what her bosses say...

So i've been in a eating rut lately. Everyday I tell myself, today I will be good. Everyday I manage to completely screw myself over. When I went to go get my fill done last week she said I was pretty tight but then why can I eat so much food? ? I know there is no way in hell any of ya'll can eat the quantity of food that I can eat. Even in the AM now I have no restriction. And for me, if it goes down then I will eat it. When I had restriction, that's when I was losing. I knew things hurt and would get stuck so I just stayed away from them or I would only be able to eat a little bit of something, taking tiny bites. Right now I can pop a regular sized bite in my mouth, chew it a few times and swallow, no problem. What the heck?? I'm so frustrated with myself. bread, Pasta, nothing gives me any problems. And she checked my band with flouro so I know that it's in there and the restriction is ok and that my pouch isn't enlarged. Ugghhh...

One day at a time...

My dad just came back from a deep sea fishing trip and he caught enough Mahi Mahi to feed the family for a year. I'm gonna go home and defrost some and make that for dinner.

Going to the gym tonight. That's a step in the right direction!

Talk to ya'll tomorrow girls!

Did they specifically say you can't have a fill? Explain what you can eat, how much you can eat, etc. Demand your fill! You can't work with the band if it isn't working for you.

Kudos on the working out though :lol:)

Good for you Tracy! I know that was a tough decision, but I am glad you made the one that is best for your family.

Oh yeah, I sent out cards to all the Violets right after our trip...no one has mentioned it 'cept for Kat. Did anyone else get 'em?

Thank you. It was bittersweet, but more sweet than bitter! Yes I also got m card. How sweet you are!! Thank you so much!

I am so very, very VERY happy that you have found a way to stay home and enjoy being a mother!!! Maybe you can find a way to make a little extra cash on the side. It will work out just fine!! ((((Special Hug))))))

PS - Everyone in our company got at 40% bonus yesterday!!! :huh2: I'd buy you all a drink if you were here!!!

Thanks Terri and by the way...I live close enough to take you up on the drink offer :lol: Congratulations!!!

Tracy, I'm sitting here waiting for the "Nair" on my legs to do it's work and I wanted to tell you, HUUUURRRRAAAAYYY for you. Go for it Girl.

Thanks Suzie. I have been so depressed lately. Amazing what turning in your notice can do for your spirits!! lol

Tracy, sounds like a plan. I told you on our trip to go for it, if you're not making money, don't waste the time you could be having with Macy.

Laura-you are so right too. I am so excited about the thought of being able to spend Macys summer with her before she starts kindergarten!:biggrin2:

I just remembered I forgot to tell TracyK congrats on her decision!!!!

Thanks Jane!

Tracy: Uhhh ummmmm..why don't you tell your boss what you really think of him and get fired so you can collect the unemployment??????

Hopefully I will still get unemployment. If not, oh well. I never in a million years thought that after 18 years I would leave there cause I was not making any money. The only thing I am leaving with is 18 more birthday candles, grey hairs and wrinkles! lol

So i've been in a eating rut lately. Everyday I tell myself, today I will be good. Everyday I manage to completely screw myself over.

I feel your pain sister! I am so sorry that you are going through it!

My dad just came back from a deep sea fishing trip and he caught enough Mahi Mahi to feed the family for a year. I'm gonna go home and defrost some and make that for dinner.

Do you know I have never eaten that? I dunno why, just never have. I hear it is great! Thanks for sending my towel to me. You did not have to but just so you'll know...macy was VERY pleased to get it!, so thank you so much! :lol:

Hi all violets-what fun it was today. My last day of work is the 4th of July (Independence day, how appropriate). It was great seeing the guys faces like "NO WAY". I got so tired of always hearing people say, "oh you'll be here til the day you die". Well, guess what!:tongue::w00t:

Have a great night violets!

I'll be the butthead, I've been eating so horribly, I avoid the scale. I keep having good intentions, etc.. I don't have to explain it to you, you know what I mean.. then one cookie turns into candy and some chips to boot.

In any event, walked by the scale and said.. may as well see the damages..Freakin unreal, 223lb!!!!!!! Jeez if I could quit eating like a pig, and move my ass a little.. I'd be a skinny bitch by now :lol: I <3 my band.

Hey Violets~

Anyone wanna chat? Call me! I know it is late where everyone else is...but I'll be up for half hour 9pm my time.

Anyone heard from Jenn? Hope she is well...and gets a new puter. I just wanna hear about her job!

OK...

Laura-I hear what you are saying but be careful...I thought that too and woke up 17 pounds heavier. Just some caring advice from your roomie :lol: Trust me on this one thing...keep getting on the scales regularly, because it will keep you aware! If you stay away from the scales it is a disaster waiting to happen. I don't want you to have to battle losing weight that you have already lost once...that is what I (and others) are doing now and it SUCKS! :)

Pamela-I wish I would have been awake to call you! I hope someone "reached out and touched" ya! lol

Good morning violets! I am still on a high knowing I will be a fulltime mom soon!:)

Where is Jenn and Michelle?

Have a super duper day everyone!! :eek:

I am here... just busy w/the "countdown to summer" & all the extra activities & trips & meetings, etc., that are crammed into the last two weeks of school! Phew!

Oh, and for some extra-added fun (ha!)... yesterday ds had a make-up soccer game at 6:30pm south of DC, which is basically impossible to get there from here on a Tuesday during rush hour... so we (me, ds, & two other players) left @ 3:30pm... drove 2.5 hours... get there... the boys warm up, then play about 10-15 mins of the game... and then "BOOM" -- a thunderstorm hits, we all get soaked to the skin... we wait... but finally they call off the game... so now we've got 4 drenched folks (3 of whom are stinky, wet 13yo boys... can you imagine the scent in my car??) back into the car & another 1.5 hour drive home (faster, even tho I could barely see out the windshield w/all the rain). We got home around 9:30pm. This is just an example from my life lately. (& of course, I wouldn't trade it for the world!! but it does make me tired!!)

I did get to the pool for a couple hours earlier yesterday, w/a friend... so that was nice. We're coveting the few days of pool time while the kids are in school... it makes for a very quiet pool experience!

Off to see what today brings!! Make it a great one, Vi's!

Morning Ladies~

Wow Michelle...I know you said you wouldn't trade that for the world but, that would suck. The boys only playing for 10-15 min...I hope they weren't too disappointed. I KNOW how 13 yo boys smell...man o man. I have 15 of 'em after lunch AND PE...and it is 100 degrees outside. Weekly, I talk about deodorant, and perhaps a little cologne...and how they will have more friends in life if they smell better. :eek:

Well, I am in a meeting for this morning (yeah...anytime I can get out of the classroom the better). I'll pop in this afternoon. Ya'll don't talk too much, cause it is harder to pop in during Math and Science.

Did I mention I worked out 2x already this week...and it is only Wed!!! Yeah Me! Can't do it tonight cause my study group...but Thursday and perhaps Sat am. Oh yeah, I am having another party Friday. This time I am hosting my friends jewlery party. There are 4 ladies who make stuff, and I am providing margies, chips and salsa and my living room. Terri...THE PARTY IS AT 4...DON'T BE LATE:biggrin: (man, I wish)

Did they specifically say you can't have a fill? Explain what you can eat, how much you can eat, etc. Demand your fill! You can't work with the band if it isn't working for you.

Kudos on the working out though :cursing:)

My doctor didn't say that I couldn't have a fill. We both looked at the restriction level and we both said, WOW,that's tight... I always get my fills done with flouro and a barium swallow. She does the barium swallow to see how fast it moves through your band. Mine was just a thin thin line going through. So I left without being filled. But that's where I'm confused... Why can I eat like a normal person if I'm so tight and my pouch isn't enlarged? I'm going to just email her and see if I can come see her this weekend...

Hi Girls!!! Sorry I haven't been by! I had a wonderful weekend and then so busy here at work yesterday. The rest of the week is bad too. I'm really so sick of this and you guys know i've been complaining about my job for months now. I told my mom's friend I am seriosly interested in the position that she is offering me and she's going to see if she can meet my list of "demands", he he he. The salary was good but I wanted to be able to come in really early and leave early so that miss traffic, I also want some sort of transportation allowance. Either gas reinbursement or Park and Ride tickets. Also thanks to the HR violet I made sure to ask for vacation and sick days upfront. We'll see what her bosses say...

So i've been in a eating rut lately. Everyday I tell myself, today I will be good. Everyday I manage to completely screw myself over. When I went to go get my fill done last week she said I was pretty tight but then why can I eat so much food? ? I know there is no way in hell any of ya'll can eat the quantity of food that I can eat. .... Right now I can pop a regular sized bite in my mouth, chew it a few times and swallow, no problem. What the heck?? ...........

Haydee - I'm so glad you're negotiating like a pro on these employment terms!! They've got to be used to that in the Medical Center! Now i'm getting really excited for you!! :-) I'd love to be there when you give your notice. HA!

[quote name='TracyK;868101

Hi all violets-what fun it was today. My last day of work is the 4th of July (Independence day' date=' how appropriate). It was great seeing the guys faces like "NO WAY". I got so tired of always hearing people say, "oh you'll be here til the day you die". Well, guess what!:cursing::w00t:[/b']

Have a great night violets! Man, what a FUN day!! They've got to be in a panic now!! You just can't train someone to do what you do in a couple of weeks! They're gonna be hurtin'!!! Congrats to you, Tracy!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Oh, and for some extra-added fun (ha!)... yesterday ds had a make-up soccer game at 6:30pm south of DC, which is basically impossible to get there from here on a Tuesday during rush hour... so we (me, ds, & two other players) left @ 3:30pm... drove 2.5 hours... get there... the boys warm up, then play about 10-15 mins of the game... and then "BOOM" -- a thunderstorm hits, we all get soaked to the skin... we wait... but finally they call off the game... so now we've got 4 drenched folks (3 of whom are stinky, wet 13yo boys... can you imagine the scent in my car??) back into the car & another 1.5 hour drive home (faster, even tho I could barely see out the windshield w/all the rain). We got home around 9:30pm.

You should submit this to Webster's Dictionary to see if they will put it as their definition of "Soccer Mom"!! There's a special place in heaven for you, Michelle!! Maybe someday when your kids have kids of their own, they'll truly appreciate all you did for them!!