Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey all,

I've been reading and reading and I can't catch up.

My weight has stopped for 4 months now. I still play with 2lbs up and down. I'm NOT where I want to be....in weight loss.

When I had my year check up..the Dr. said..congrats you have lost the national average! Well DAMN!! I wanted to lose MORE...and I started out that way but somewhere I went astray.

I'm not gaining like I would if I didn't have the band but maybe I've gotten comfortable???

TRULY what do some of you eat a day? Looks like everyone's loosing but me. Of course I know it gets harder but I was soooo happy not having to count points, weigh food, etc.. etc. I did that for all of my life and it didn't work..this was the only time I wasn't hungry. Now...the hunger is back..some..nothing---nothing..like before.

I've got good restriction..according to my Dr.

O.K....I NEED some advice, support....I'm all ears.

Thanks for listening.

Hi HH!! Long time no see!

Welcome to my world!! I have actually only lost at a rate of 1# per MONTH (if that) since September!!! I recently dropped 2# in 2 weeks but i'm not sure why. I'm very tightly restricted, and have been since February, but it didn't seem to make much difference. I think I'm eating less junk and consciously trying not to snack.... plus I have been weaning myself off of Lexapro...so maybe that all helped.

I can't count the number of times I've read that people just suddenly start losing again after a long, long stall. Who knows what the heck is going on??!

Laura gives some good suggestions....beyond that I'd say be patient and try to get back to basics.

Don't be such a stranger!

I've been fired from my moderating job! I felt bad, but I just don't have the time. I was never notified, just noticed the change under my avitar. See my new avitar saying. HE IS WORKING MY LAST NERVE...and he just banged his head head on the table, I am not sending him for ice. Oh well...maybe he will get a black eye?

HH.. You're not alone by any means. My losing has stalled for about 4 months now. We just cancelled our next dr. appointment because I KNOW I'm at the right restriction. I just have to get my head wrapped around the idea the junk food isn't good. shakes and candy seem to make their way through restriction just fine. Now that our weather has finally started to look summery (though tomorrow it's only getting into the 50's after the 70's today), I'll be outside and away from food more. I'm disappointed, but not depressed. I just try and have patience and work more at following the bandster rules.

We had a wonerful cookout on Saturday and I made potato salad, Pasta salad, bean salad and baked Beans. Potato salad is one of my favorites and today I ate a little bit slowly today for lunch, but I have to add that to my list of "don't eat it" stuff. I pb'd the whole thing.. yuck. I ate a little of the bean salad and that stayed down so I'll just baby myself for the rest of the day.

Going to go out and get some plants to replace ones that didn't make it through the summer. Today's a lazy day. No Ethan and no meetings.. woooo hoooooo!

LOL Pamela!

HH: HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO Well I'm really no help...... as I hit 199 January 5 and today was... 186.8...... my problem is junk food.... and icecream. For me I will always lose if I go back to a strick Low Carb plan... Water, and Tuna/Chicken salad type stuff........ honestly I'm having problems making myself stay on any kind of plan...

Thanks peeps for the words of encouragement......... I went to Wally World and Kmart/Sears today at lunch and picked up all the brochures on the prepaid plans........... did you know that VirginMobile uses the Sprint PCS network?????

The problem is that I COULD do the T-Mobile Kid connect plan for $20.00 a month and it is really what we want..... but it is a two year contract... and I WANT to be able to say.. Cody, you screwed up , your done..... (and throw the phone in the trash) I am the resident HARD ASS.. we actually had a big knock down over the weekend in relation to the Youngest step son....... I REALLY blew up.. it was super ugly.. I told Charles off in not such a nice way that he WOULD NOT SPEAK TO ME AS IF I WERE HIS CHILD, and that they continued to act like ass's because he never follows through on ANYTHING.. and that he needed to remember that HE was the adult, and they were the children....... I don't even want to type it out.... its over now..... but the entire situation is hard at times...... (are you listening Laura? LOL)

Pam, Have you seen the scenes of Tad and Dixie?? How touching. To bad they killed her off.

Pfff you guys keep bringing up the older kid drama.

I just want a 6lb bundle of love that clings to me and cries when I don't snuggle with it.. ya know, the wonderful stuff :lol:

I was talking to my mom about it, I think I told ya'll I am 'planning' to start trying on our Jamaica trip, so I finally told mom because after last night I am just starry-eyed in love with the idea of being a mommy of such a precious little life. I have not been around a newborn in a decade, haven't held one in who knows how long (when I was younger, I was scared to hold little babies). So when I held her baby last night (2 weeks old now) I was just so overwhelmed. I wanted him to be mine and sneak out with him lol. It was just.. amazing. Most of you all know, you had kids!!! This wasn't even my own and I was so in love with him. So me and mom had long talk last night about pros & cons, she said I have till they are 13 to love them, then they run out the door saying "I HATE YOU!!". I know all this! Last night when my friend's husband said "I can't wait till he can say "Daddy I love you"".. negative nancy me said "Yeah, and then he'll say DADDY I HATE YOU!". I was a PITA kid, I know how it goes.. but there's nothing I can say to describe how it felt last night to hold the newborn baby.. and he smelled like rainbows & clouds!! Even after 4 poops in 30 minutes, he still smelled beautiful. Blah blah, I could go on and on, I am truly starry-eyed and oblivious.

Oh, I'm going to see Sex & The City tonight.

Did you guys see Kelsey Grammar (Frasier) had a heart attack?! He's only 53!! They expect him to be fine, but I can't believe he is having a heart attack so young.

Oh dear.... you DO have it bad, don't you Laura!

Laura-thanks for making me tear up!! *sniff*

I think you should have one now...that can be our next violet trip....coming to see our new little violet!!!

Pamela-I am so proud that you have gone almost a YEAR without smoking! Way to go....there is no going back now!

If I don't have fertility issues. They were gonna do the testing last year and I blew it off, didn't want the vaginal ultrasound which I ended up havin to get anyway due to the infection or whatever that was..derrr.. I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope to be preggers by September.. hah. I have a kidney in my pelvis so they gotta figure out what the baby will do sharing the room with it.

Anyway, any of you seen the hair musical movie? SIGH. I have been wanting DH to see it, it finally came on tv so I recorded it. I was checking to see if they edit it (boo!) but luckily they didn't.. then ffwd to the end when Berger goes off to war. I'm having a moment, I'm teary eyed cause I wanna baby and cause poor Berger!!!!!! LET THE SUNSHINE IN!!! If you haven't seen it, see it for me, it is so.. sad.

Yes I have it bad, I've had it bad but was able to repress it, but last night holding little Judah (cute huh?) I just lost it. No more repression, I'm on my last round of b/c before I go off of it in anticipation of havin a lil lala...Or I could name her VIOLET.. Hah, that's more permanent than a tattoo!

Laura~ Congrats on this. I am excited to be a Violet aunt! Make sure you quit smoking before you try to get preggers. It helps in getting preggers, as well as avoiding the damaging effects of smoking on the fetus. If you want to be preggers by Sept, try to quit June or July to give your body a couple of smoke free months. Yeah!!! Let the "nookie" begin!

Well looks like I am going to TX! Dr. said frequent walks, no lifting over 5 pounds, and stay hydrated. Damn man, why couldn't he have just said "Beach vacations only, lots of fake pina coladas and a steady dose of Violets" I'll tell ya why--he's a man!!!!!

So....that means a really sucky few days for me! Under normal circumstances, I would follow Rick to the field, and we work hard, but it is fun just the same. Now he goes out to work, and I stay home, listening to his Mom tell me the same thing 10,000 times! But they are thrilled they will be attending their 60+ class reunion the day we leave, they keep wanting us to stay and meet people....but we are leaving there early Sat. will stop somewhere along the way home and come on in Sunday so Rick can go back to work on Monday. Then Monday his sister and her DD will go down and spend a few days with family there, then bring the parents back home...

I will say though, the family we have there, I love, and I will enjoy being with them, and it is only 3 days cooped up in a house with no TV or computer, or ANYTHING!!!!!! I have an Aunt Carolyn there, that is TracyK all growed up!!! She is in her 60's but acts like a goofy teenager half the time. She talks EXACTLY like TracyK, and she has the same sense of humor, and loving demeanor about her. I cannot wait to spend time with her! And we have an Uncle there, that is just kindness personified, and I look forward to seeing him. The cousin who had the pancreas/kidney transplant is doing well, and we can DO something this time, last time she was in the hospital recouping!! So it will be a FAST trip, but hopefully a fun one.

Well my Mom and Kinsey showed up as I was preparing to post this, and I lost all trains of thought in the meantime!!!

I will try to get back in this evening.

If not, I'll see you when I get back, I sure do wish this was another fun Violet Weekend in TX!

Hugs and love to all!

Kat

Thanks Tracy for the smoking props! It is hard but today, I've been a model bandster, and I dressed and ready to go to Jazzercise! I am watching all these skinny freakin people on Oprah. I think exercise will help w/ the cravings too! I know it will help w/ Manuel!

Oh yea!!! A grandbaby due in January, and a Grand Violet in the makin'!! LOL

How about you Tracy----ever think of a sibling for Macy---a full time one I mean????

Next will be Haydee.....

Violets are a gonna be a growin'!!

I know the aches and pains of baby fever.....and it sounds like you caught it alright!!

LOL

Kat