Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Morning Violets~

I totally sucked yesterday...ate everything. Feel really bad. I suck at restrictions...and really suck w/o it. I feel like shit cause of the food I ate...yet, kept eating it! Oi Vey!

10 DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT! Its the most wonderful time of the year!!!!:):musical_note::) We turned our books in last Thursday! I have 1/2 day training on Wed and all day training on Thursday! So, actually for me, I am in the single digits!!!!

I miss Susanne. Talk about emotional eating. I won't see her for 2 more weeks. All these years, we've never been apart this long. Well, I guess we were last June...but I was cheating and having ciggy's (feeling like shit for doing it behind her back). But at least I wasn't overeating! All day yesterday, I wanted a ciggy sooo bad. I officially quit 11 months ago, and was ready to fall off wagon yesterday. Go figure.

I need to eat right and go work out tonight. I know I'll feel better if I go, just having trouble making my ass move. I need to get into good shape for Germany and Italy! Did I tell you guys (this came down Friday night) that we are flying into Rome on July 8 (day before my birthday). We are only staying in Rome a couple of days...but who the hell cares. On my 41st birthday I will wake up in Rome! Then we will go back to Germany. You think gas is expensive here...try 8.67 a liter! I don't know if that is euros or dollars...but it is alot! We were gonna dry to Italy through Austria and Switzerland, but now we are flying from Germany to Italy for 107bucks! Anyway, did I mention I have less than 10 days of school left?

OK...gotta run, wanna play scrabble real quick before I put my face on! I'll pop in from work...sshhhh!

Jenn~Check in w/ us!

Universal Studio is on fire:frown:I hate fire.

GOOD MORNING!

I am retaining water.. so the scale was up......... drat!

VENT AHEAD.........

Today Cody turns 13.......... he wants a phone........ I'm switching phones today and he wants my old one........ NOOOOOOOOOOO I don't think so..... He wants his step dads extra phone........ NOOOOO... to that one too.

But being TRACY I came up with a plan that would hopefully build some responsibility.......

Get him a prepaid phone, where Charles and I spend $15 a month on what ever minutes that would buy, and if he used them up or wanted more he would have to BUY THEM HIMSELF........ and if he didn't keep it up or do the dishes or keep his room clean..... then the phone would be gone (and we wouldn't be out anything)....... so he agreed.... he wasn't doing sommersauts or anything but he said OK........

SO........ I'm switching to T-mobile today (when my new phone is delivered) I looked at the T-mobile prepaid......... he could call any t-mobile customer for free.. which would be me, his mom, his step dad, a few of his cousins......) They offered 4 phone choices....... the FREE after mail in rebate one is the one we were looking at...... I had it up on the screen and I heard him behind me.. huffing.... I didn't think anything about it... I left the puter and took a shower......... when I got out..... Charles was PISSED OFF and said to just FORGET THE WHOLE PHONE THING...........

Cody didn't want the free phone he wanted a RAZR......... and threw a honking fit about it....... said that regular phones were retarded. Honestly....... he threw about a 2 hour fit.......... I bit my lip while he snuck into my room to call his mom and cry to her saying he wanted a phone like hers............... His dad was so mad at his selfishness that when Cody was bawling and said forget it ...... Charles said "FINE".

So after Cody hung up from his mom......he approached me... starting out "OK, I figured out how I could get a Razr" I LAUGHED IN HIS FACE..... and said CODY you are NOT getting a RAZR, unless you come up with the $70.00 it costs. I said I'm getting a new phone and the one I'm getting is the FREE option. He started sobbing, threw himself down on my bed and restarted the fit........ I said obviously you are not mature enough to even discuss this.... You are 13 tomorrow and you SHOULD be happy we are even THINKING about letting you have a phone.... (at which point Charles walked in) ending in him getting his game boy taken away............... CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS???????

The funny part is while all this was going on... (before the phone snobbery, Dustin the 11 year old..) wanted to know what was going on........ I told him the deal.. and he was like.. "That is a GREAT Idea for Cody.. make him DO SOMETHIng to BUY HIS OWN MINUTES!"

So the 11 year old "gets" it. and the 13 year old throws a fit.........

Is there a sunblock for hair & scalp?
I believe there is.... they are called HATS and you can get them in the HAT department!

Aren't I just freakin' hilarious?

Tracy, I just have a hard time imagining a 13 yr old "sobbing and having a fit"!! My daughter doesn't even do that!! I'm sorry, but I think he might need some help of some kind. That's just weird. Or do you think it's simply a matter of being spoiled and this is the only way he knows to get what he wants because it's always worked in the past? If that's the case, then I think you are the best thing that ever happend to that kid....and he WILL thank you one day. You are an awesome mom!!

Tracy--- another thing that might interest you. I'm a big Dr. Phil fan and watch his show every day. He just got through with a series on 'brats' and i think you might relate to a LOT of what went on in that 3-part series. Here's a link for you when you have time...Dr. Phil.com - Shows - The Dr. Phil House: Brat Camp

Oh my gosh Tracy!!! That is unbelievable!!! I am very frugal, so a phone is a phone. If it dials out and rings on my end it is fine. I have a Razr, but only because it was the free phone at the time. I can't imagine a 13 year old caring!!

Well off to start my day!!

Jane

He is super immature and super spoiled and he has always gotten his way......... at first I was like there is no way in hell he is getting a phone for CAMP........ he needs to tough it out and not call home whining! (this was in my head) and since it would be a fight with both Charles and Cody..... I came up with the prepaid option to turn it into a priveledge and maturity builder.........

I will look at that link.. thanks Terry!

Wow Tracy! I remember getting my first phone at 16, it was a PIECE OF CRAP that dialed everytime you looked at the thing. I was ecstatic to have a phone though, even to this day I don't get the 'fancy phones'. My current phone is just an upgrade to the free one I got a few years ago. What a little shit (woops?), not getting a phone seems appropriate now!

Tracy... hang tough! You are right about this on so many levels... maturity, responsibility, etc... If it were me, I bet I would've just laughed out loud at the theatrics... which, when I do that here (w/9 yo drama queen dd), only makes it worse... but it is just so darned FUNNY! If they could only see themselves! Of course, if it were my 13yo ds doing it, I would worry... that does sound a bit odd... but whether it's emotional or spoiled, I can't tell... um, yeah... good luck w/THAT!!

TracyKS I feel for you.....it is hard to raise a 13 year old (listen up Laura!!) but it is exponentionally harder to raise a 13 year old that you did not raise the entire 13 years! One that has another parent in another place...I know! They learn manipulation early, and if it is not called on then, they use it!!

Stick to your guns, as his own birth parents are likely to cave--and he will be sobbing and crying when the car he wants at 16 is not cool either......you are doing the right thing.

Terry, I had to laugh you are so right, it IS the years between darling infancy and adulthood that are the hard ones!!!

Jane---it is always hard when someone we care about does something out of character, or shocking to the family. I am sorry your family is going through all of it. Andif it would help to have someone to "get in gear" with, to behave with eating and drinking again.....I might just be the one to talk to!!!

So Pamela----I am an idiot---but tell me again, why are you and Susanne apart for this time? Is it part of her exit? Maybe you need to challenge yourself----lose another 5 pounds before you see her, and reward yourself with something the 2 of you could enjoy!

Did you ever find out if you could take online orders for your party????

Suzanne---I get tongue twisted days like that!! We have a lawn swing with the little table in the middle. I also have a longer lawn swing, very padded, that I love laying in and swinging!! I could never get it to swing the way I wanted, so Rick hooked a little chain---quite small, kinda decorative links---up to the roof of the patio, and when I want to lay down and swing, I can unhook the chain, and by pulling it, it will start the swing going, because of the angle.....so I can swing, swing, swing, then give the chain a pull and swing, swing, swing.....I love it!!! I think our snooty neighbors think we spend too much time outdoors too!!! She one time actually ask me not to hang any laundry out, she was having guests!!! I embarass her!!! LOL

Thanks for all the NSV comments--it hit me kinda strange. I too was kind of tickled with Becky standing up for me--but it also kinda depressed me, that all the time I saw this woman for my friend, and even now, she only sees me in a certain way. Or maybe she just has such an inflated sense of herself, she cannot imagine it, I don't know, but it kind of hurt at the same time it made me want to laugh in her face-------I know that probably does not make sense.....oh well!!

Well I am talking to my Dr. today and if he ok's me, we are leaving in the morning for Texas! Sudden? yes!! We have to go register the average # of cattle we run on the place to get a tax break on the land we graze.....and it has to be done this week. It would be quick-- down on Tuesday, and home on Saturday. Lots of drive time, it is minimally 12 hours with out road construction along the way, and we ALWAYS find some somewhere! Will take my laptop, but don't have signal on the farm....even for my cell phone----aarrggh! But will check in as I can. Will letyou know if we are going when I hear from my Dr.

Going in to have lunch with Rick today.....so I better get busy, will catch the rest of you laters!!

Kat

Oh yeah, thanks Kat! Here are the "what to do's" with ordering. She said to:

1. Go to the website, and see what you want to buy. www.slumberpartiesbyamygillespie.com

2. Write down what you need/want

3. Call her! Her name is Amy and her number is 760.285.0232.

4. Tell her you are a friend of mine, and then I'll get the "credits" for any purchase.

5. She has lingere, oils, lotions (xcream...yeah) and misc others.

I really wish you all were there...it was fun!

Hey all,

I've been reading and reading and I can't catch up.

My weight has stopped for 4 months now. I still play with 2lbs up and down. I'm NOT where I want to be....in weight loss.

When I had my year check up..the Dr. said..congrats you have lost the national average! Well DAMN!! I wanted to lose MORE...and I started out that way but somewhere I went astray.

I'm not gaining like I would if I didn't have the band but maybe I've gotten comfortable???

TRULY what do some of you eat a day? Looks like everyone's loosing but me. Of course I know it gets harder but I was soooo happy not having to count points, weigh food, etc.. etc. I did that for all of my life and it didn't work..this was the only time I wasn't hungry. Now...the hunger is back..some..nothing---nothing..like before.

I've got good restriction..according to my Dr.

O.K....I NEED some advice, support....I'm all ears.

Thanks for listening.

I think a large portion of us face that at some point. I have been stalled losing for about 2 months now, I am not completely stopped, but I'm not hitting 2lbs a week anymore. I just try to distract myself and not worry about it.. If I wasn't banded, I'd just be gaining right now!!

Try using a food tracker and see how much is going IN, compared to how much exercise (or not) you do. Only thing to get it going again is to get back to basics. Good luck :lol:)

I believe there is.... they are called HATS and you can get them in the HAT department!

Aren't I just freakin' hilarious?

I bought myself a hat...as for macy...I would not be able to keep one on her head...espcially in a pool :lol:

My mom put sunblock on our scalp.. waterproof kind.