Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

---and we are all going to go have Mexican food! Wish that they made that cheese thing Jane had in Gruene.....mmmmmmmm

OK-----------so I was seriously going to send Jane some batteries, and was going to make a half assed guess at size being similar--batteries girls! Went and checked mine, and OMG girls they corroded in there!!! Scared to ask what THAT means!!!

The dish is called Queso Flameado and here's a recipe... it couldn't be any easier! This recipe calls for chorizo (mexican sausage), or you can make it with mushrooms, peppers and onions (also good), or grilled shrimp. It's all good! Take the recipe with you and ask them to make it for you!!

And...if your batteries are corroded it means you worked that dang thing to death!!! Time for a new one! LOL!

LOL.. I've been baking sugar Cookies all night. Why?? :lol: I wanted somethin sweet.. derrrr.. I made 40 cookies and ate 1 and I'm satisfied. I guess deep down I just really wanted to make a big honkin mess in my kitchen. :smile:

Jane, go get batteries before I come out there and beat you like a red headed stepchild!! THEY HAVE THEM AT THE GAS STATION!! It's the weekend, you need to try out the new.. honorary violet. (It's purple ya'll) :(

Time for more judge shows.

But Terry, there is no setting it on fire in that recipe, and that looked like fun.....and also kinda dangerous for someone as klutzy as me!!! LOL!!!

You know Terry, today in the PS's office, he had a poster up on the wall showing results of Restalyn injections. I started thinking about you, and I have debated saying anything but here goes.....I debated, because I know we have to live with ourselves and no one else understands----but when you first mentioned seeing a PS about a couple of procedures, then you come back with a laundry list!!! But girl, I just saw you and I CANNOT see why you would want to do all that----you are beautiful!!!! I understand the lines we discussed the parenthesis around the mouth---I would like mine gone too!!! But, you look way younger than I do, and I cannot imagine having all that done! Years down the road, to come back to looking like you do now....maybe, but it is my sincere opinion, that you do not need a face lift, you look wonderful! OK now I will butt out!!!!

We went to dinner, to the pet parade, and to the burning of Zozobra. The guys had a few beers, now Rick is snoring like crazy, and I cannot get comfy, so thought I would get up until I got reeeeeally sleepy and could maybe fall asleep, I tried for an hour, and gave up and got up!!!

So during dinner they brought around pieces of paper for us to write our gloomy, doomy thoughts on.....then you take them and they stuff them into Zozobra (a "thing" about 12 foot tall, a wire frame, stuffed with these notes, newspaper, a few firecrackers---and covered in sheeting, and painted to look like a mean old man). One of my papers said "Anything that stands in the way of future Violet get togethers"!!! They have a parade-----following along behind Old Man Zozobra, some carrying candles, and when they get to the designated spot, the candles get tossed on him and as he burns so do all the gloom and doom thoughts inside him. It is a Mexican tradition----they do it every year.

I did not walk the parade---I rode the golf cart with a friend who is in a cast following ankle surgery!!! Lucky me!!!

Rick reserved us a cart at the Country Club tomorrow for the API golf tournament----a petroleum industry thing they do each year. About 45-50 different companies---all with something to do with the oil/gas fields---set up huge canopies, with tables full of give aways and tables for eating, because each company tries to out do the other in the BBQ--it is of course a competition. There is always brisket, ribs, burgers, pork, bacon wrapped shrimp, kabobs, brats----you name it, plus all the sides. drinks, alcoholic or not-----and you just go around sampling and visiting! There is at least one company at each hole, and set up all around the perimeter---so you have to pace yourself!!!! Rick got our friends to take their ice cream machine out there, and it is a hit!!

They give away tshirts, hats, visors, fans, can cozies, anything the company can get their name on!!! I got a manicure set!!! And Chapstick---all with oilfield companies names on them!!!Hilarious!

That is our plan for tomorrow. I was not planning on going----but figure with the cart, I will be ok, plus we do have some friends who have a home on the green if I do need some down time.

Well, guess I will go check my email, and maybe play some cards to make myself sleepy!!!

Check in with ya tomorrow.....eeeerrrrr later today!!!!

Kat

I'm back....

Came home from work without batteries, but will buy them this weekend. You guys are soo funny!!! I forgot all about the shower massage thing!! that is tooo funny, I laughed, but not as much as I did two weeks ago................................ My question is who will come to my house if I die and remove them????

Jane, this made me LOL! When I was in college and my best friend and I had our first, um...thingermabob...we promised that if we died, we would go in to each other's house and get it out!

Now, I have a drawer:biggrin:

Party was a blast!! I just wanted to pop in. At more than one point tonight, I thought of you all (ya'll) and thought about how great it would be if ya'll were here...even instead of my friends, lol. I wish, sigh~

Oh Yeah,

I called Terri and she answered, "What are you up to?" To which I replied, "Eating M & M's at Wallmart," haha.

I had to call for the Gruene Margies reciep...ya'll remember the first day margies...all of us squeezing in the cuzzi! That was 2 weeks ago tonight. ANYWHO...Terri you saved me...the margies were fabulous...and I toasted to you w/ my very first sip:rolleyes:.

Judy~Sorry about the Pistons. I thought about you tonight too.

Letterman is on...wow, haven't been up this late since TX...Sat, 2am, that was a funny pic I put on Jane's phone...omg!

Good Morning V I O L E T S..............

Today is my morning to work than we have a graduation party to go to. It's supposed to be a little on the muggy side today. Sure wish I had a pool to be in but one of the good news is that the guys decided to finish the fence last night, so that is all done.

Well, I feel left out. I don't have one of those thingy's in my bedside drawer. Good thing I have a man in the house. :(

Everyone have a great day.

Good Morning, Violets..

Yucky, rainy day today. We had thunderstorms roll through last night and it rained a ton. My swimming pool is just about topped off now.:(

I'm waiting for Ethan to arrive for the morning. We had planned a cookout today for the Bobster's birthday, but it's too wet and yucky so we'll postpone it til tomorrow after church. Luckily all the food will still be fine one extra day in the fridge.

There's no joy in Mudville today since the Pistons went down in flames last night. I was so hoping they would get to the finals this year. They have to do something and that means firing the coach or letting some players go and that makes me sad. BUT the Red Wings have a chance at the Stanley Cup so life goes on!!

Jane, thanks for the purple note in the purple envelope. What fun to get mail from a Violet Sista!!

I'm babying a sausage cheese omelette right now. Chew, chew, chew and wait between bites. It's going down, but not very easily.

Hope everyone has a relaxing Saturday. I'll continue cleaning and getting things ready for the cookout whenever it turns out to be!

Good Morning, Vi's~~

It's supposed to be warmer (80s) & getting humid here today, + thunderstorms... bye bye Spring, hello summer!

Have ds's soccer game in 45 mins, then dd has riding @ 3... other than that, it's work, errands, etc... the regular stuff of which my life is made!

I'm feeling so much better mentally!... ever since my fill I've been a good bandster & the scale has dropped an amazing 6 lbs since Thursday!! (I know, I know, Water weight... I don't care WHAT it is!!) The fact of that "on stage" fill in a couple weeks is keeping me on track... I'm playing a game w/myself (no batteries required!) to see how much I can lose between now & then! Monday I'll be back to working out @ the Y... it's been 3 weeks since I've been! Yikes!

I had a thought in the shower (where I do all my best thinking!)... If we Vi's can be spontaneous... then maybe sometime when Laura's dad (& Laura, obviously!!) goes to Tunica we can tag along in one of his comp'd rooms?? Just a thought... as I often find myself thinking of ways to get us together again sooner than next summer! (I don't mean to overstep my bounds w/the suggestion, Laura... it just came to me!)

Make it a good one, Vi's!

I'm in :(

But I should warn you Tunica is like an afterthought right now. He's going to Belmont, then straight from NY to BAHAMAS (I so jealous), and then in July he goes to the world series in Vegas.. if he makes final table he promised to charter a plane and take the family out there. My fingers are crossed on that, since I can't afford vegas anytime soon!!

Suzy.. man or no man, I am keepin my drawer. :thumbup: If I die and husband is alive, he'd dispose. If we both died, well.. I don't care, I'll be in heaven!!!

I did have my friends come help me move out of a dorm when I was in college at Auburn, and poor planning, I just gave everyone a box and said clean out everything you see. I had put my BOBs in a duffle bag in a box, but someone decided to fill the duffle bag up, so they opened it and they bounced to the floor. I was pretty emberassed, but now it's just a funny story!

I got a funny story too, but I'll save it for the next bash...lmao!

Going to see Sex... @ noon w/ a friend! I am bushed from the party. I have WAY too much food, chips, etc. My brother and nephew are coming by later...and leaving w/ food and chips!

On my way out the door to the API tournament........just doing a fly by HI!!!! Love you girlies!!

Kat

Good thing I have a man in the house. :cool2:

Everyone have a great day.

I'm in :(

Suzy.. man or no man, I am keepin my drawer. :thumbup: If I die and husband is alive, he'd dispose. If we both died, well.. I don't care, I'll be in heaven!!!

Men can get wore out (or work the night shift), but the energizer bunny just keeps going and going and going and going...........................................

Laura, so this is what I read & how it sounded in my head, ok? (now that you know me, I'm sure you can add in the appropriate inflections & gestures :thumbup: --

"...blah blah blah... my dad's going to charter a plane & take the Vi's to Vegas!... blah blah blah..."

Works for me!

:(

(I can be patient!)

I had a thought in the shower (where I do all my best thinking!)... If we Vi's can be spontaneous... then maybe sometime when Laura's dad (& Laura, obviously!!) goes to Tunica we can tag along in one of his comp'd rooms?? Just a thought... as I often find myself thinking of ways to get us together again sooner than next summer! (I don't mean to overstep my bounds w/the suggestion, Laura... it just came to me!)

Great minds think alike....I have been thinking along the same lines too (I'll bet all of us have) :(:lol: